Made by Cooper Reviews

Read Made by Cooper Reviews

hello@madebycooper.co.uk

1 Lion ChambersSt Georges Square,

Tell us how Made by Cooper made you happy
I ordered 1000 pin badges from this company because their price was very good compared to the other companies. I had ordered this design from other manufacturers on numerous occasions and the result was perfect and the design represented my brand logo accurately.
When made by cooper's badges arrived they lacked lots of detail and did not represent my logo accurately and I was very disappointed. They also did not look like the proof nor the badges I had made previously. I sent them detailed pictures of the badges from another company and showed the differences but they did not agree. After several emails to and fro (where they took a long time to respond) they disagreed with me and argued that the badges were fine. I again told them I was not happy and felt I had wasted my money and thought they may offer to get the badges made again or even offer a gesture of goodwill but no just totally disagreeing with me the customer. I took the matter up with Paypal who also let me down and I was not privy to what MBC told Paypal. I would anyone considering dealing with this company to consider carefully how poor the after-sales service is if you have an issue. It seems once they have your money they do not care for the customer. I would never use this company again for anything.
Made by Cooper 1 star review on 30th January 2021
Sorry you feel disappointed with the badges, however the reason we didn't offer to remake or refund is because we made the pins exactly as the approved design, we are not bound by pins made previous or by someone else, we supplied a design which was approved by yourself and they were made exactly the same as the design. We supplied all this information including pictures of the pin and design to PayPal and this is the reason they found the dispute in our favour.
Not what I ordered .... I have emailed 3 times asking for a refund and heard nothing back absolute rip off merchants
Sorry we don’t seem to have an email since the 5th November from you, could you email and let us know what the issue is so we can look into it for you
Waited 3 weeks to be told design needed approval which was done 3 times then we would receive goods in 3 to 4 weeks absolutely joke company more like Tommy Cooper than made by Cooper
We have gone to a proper company now and got great service
Ashford United Football Club
Order is weeks late. Absolutely terrible service; the customer service agents are genuinely unpleasant whenever you call and say 'obviously' quite a lot (when it isn't). Our (expensive) mold broke (apparently) but this was only highlighted on the day the order was due to be DELIVERED to the UK (over two weeks ago). Made by Cooper have (nearly) got their act together and the factory in China who make these pins are delivering directly to us (except that was meant to be yesterday) - so here we are, letting our customers down, and Made by Cooper actually (apparently, given their manner) couldn't care less that the order is now several weeks late and they continue to let us down, not least in their silence. A very poor experience.
Weirdly confrontational customer service...? I’ve seen the same said many times on their google reviews and have had it first hand now. Very odd.
Would not recommend, pin quality was ok but customer service really poor. I was using the tracking tool for weeks, and was given an expected delivery date. One day before this date, the expected delivery was put back a week which caused loads of problems. Unreliable information on order tracking means I won't be using this company again, also no recognition from customer service that they had failed on this.
Chloe, glad you're happy with the products, its unfortunate that delays do happen from time to time but please be assured we are doing everything we can to stay on schedule in these tough times. We do put notices on the emails and our tracking system alerting people to the current problems happening that we can not foresee, but once we see a problem we alert customers as soon as we are aware of them.
Product is great but customer service is poor. Two of the five orders I have placed with Made by Cooper were wrong and while they always sent the missing items, it’s on the buyer to check abs chase.
A brief summary of my experience with Made By Cooper:

Me: I'd like this design made into a pin.

Cooper: Great! Here's your proof.

Me: OK, but please remove the etched metal. Here's a photo of another pin that doesn't have etched parts. That's what I want.

Cooper: Sounds good! We'll make it look just like the other pin

Me, 4 weeks later: Hi, I just got my pins and they have etching. What gives?

Cooper: Gotcha! The pin you showed us has etching too! The etching on that pin is just so small that you can't see it. We're done here.

Me: Wait, that makes no sense. Could you help me out with this?

Made by Cooper:

Me :(

Also Me: Has to have pins remade by another manufacturer at my time and expense.

I had ordered pins from them because they were running a promotion. My first warning should have been that you if you want 'high quality' pins, you have to pay more.

Of the two pins styles of pins I received, about half of the first design are not-sellable and the second is not what I wanted. I now need to have both remade.

There are dozens of other higher rated pin manufacturers out there. From one small business owner to another, save your money and time. Find another pin manufacturer.
Terrible. I ordered some embroidered patches and sent a beautiful, detailed design. The website told me I'd be sent a 'free visual'. I was expecting a photoshop manipulated visual of what the finished embroidered patch would look like. That was not what I got back.

I got what was basically my design but with all the detail roughly scribbled out with a Photoshop paintbrush. I was told that I couldn't have the design I wanted unless I chose a different type of patch (photo printed), which was not the one I wanted and that I'd have to make do with this botch job instead if I wanted it embroidered.

After a few discussions where they told me any more (ahem) 'design' work would cost me £40 per time, I said I wanted a refund but that I would surely come back to them at a point in future when I had a suitable design for them and thanks anyway.

At this point, they said they'd refund me minus £40 for the time they'd spent 'redesigning' my work (i.e. scribbling over it and putting a box around it), which I could have done myself in around 2 minutes flat.

I wrote back and told them that no actual design work had actually taken place (rather just a defacing of my design), so they were not entitled to the £40 and, if there was a problem with the design provided (i.e. it was not manufacturable), they should have communicated this prior to setting their (ahem) 'designer' loose on my work.

I received a reply pointing me to T&Cs where they say I will be charged £40 for any 'design work' carried out and, at this point, in spite of the fact that no design work actually had been carried out (as I say, rather, just a defacement of an existing design), I gave up and said I'd accept the refund minus the £40 and never use them again.

But then I thought, 'that's a pretty terrible way of building repeat business and customer loyalty,' so I thought I'd come on here and tell you all what a rubbish experience I had and warn you to tell them up-front that you don't want their designer to touch your work at all until you've been assured it's produceable in the format requested because you're not prepared to pay for that.

If things change and I'm refunded the £40 they took for defacing my work, my opinion may change, in which case I'll remove this review. Otherwise, I'd say avoid altogether.

The images here show the original design, the botch job and the website statement relating to free design. (Free means free, by the way... not contingent on an order being placed).
Customer service is terrible.
VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!

I was VERY UNHAPPY to see how different the pins were compared to what I expected them to be.

The company has a very good image so I was hopping for very good product. However, the pins that I received were very different from the draft that I submitted. So-called professional team did not try hard to process this order.

What I find THE WORST is that when I tried to reach out to the team and to ask for correction of my order I was COMPLETELY IGNORED after sending them 4 e-mails. It is NOT PROFESSIONAL. Be aware, if something does not work as you planned YOU WON'T BE HEARD BY THIS TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS.

I attach the photo - while the pin itself is of good quality, the requested colors of pride are LESS THAN SATISFACTORY. And for some reason some areas on the pin are merged while the original design was so simple and so clear and so easy to copy.
HUGE MESS made of three separate orders. Charged twice for a single order that was sent to another country. Second order vanished into the either. Third order going to another country and a person who didn't pay for it. All the e-mails, invoices and tracking IDs going to the wrong people. Data protection is optional, I guess. Would not use again.
I would have used the "variations" options if it would be available an an option when placing an order. I could have done with colour variations as I am not a huge company and the numbers low. Also, the overall material looks plasticky.
Really disappointed with my badges. I worked hard with their very helpful designer but the colours do not have as much differential as the design that I approved. Because of this, it is not possible to see that it is a sunflower. I have contacted Cooper, but they have not responded.
Made by Cooper 1 star review on 11th March 2020
Customer service and courier service was just awful.
Order of 50 pieces, soft enamel.
About 40 of them had epoxy drips. One of them having an unknown 'thing' stuck to its back.
Made by Cooper, after assuring me that "We believe this minor flaw doesn't affect the overall use or aesthetic of the badges but we will on this occasion remake these 40pcs for you." told me to send back, with my own monetary means, to them.
International shipping.
That after 3 weeks of waiting of them.
This was my first time ordering pins anywhere, and what should have been an elating and happy and satisfying process turned out to be extremely upsetting and disappointing.

Also - I'm eco-conscious, and the pins are all wrapped in individual plastic bags.

Not worth the price, not worth the time. Not worth the crushing disappointment and poor handling of my concerns.
Our order was never delivered as requested and they failed to offer any support in locating the order with DPD, refused to re-deliver and did not compensate us (or even apologise) for the significant hassle and delay.
Thanks for the review. We use dos for their one hour window delivery time and frequent updates which our customers feel is very helpful. Sorry if they didn’t deliver the pins in time for you. They do offer a tracking service and redelivery service, as you can appreciate they are a 3rd party company that we can not control.

We trust the products are of the normal height quality.
Not sure if this will get published, but I'm very dissapointed by the customer service and production of chenille patches. The thickness of the outlines on the patch on some important parts of the design are thicker than the filler inside, totally opposite than the prepared visual they sent me. When I try to speak with the customer service it's quite the same as I'm speaking with a computer and I'm getting the same automathic answers: Our product is excellent!
How to throw away 300 euros in 2019 without any customer protection? Order chenille pathes with Made by Cooper.
Made by Cooper 1 star review on 20th May 2019
Thanks for the review and feel only fair that we upload the design and finished product supplied. These products as we explained are as the design supplied and approved. Production and graphics will always have small differences as explained in all communication and terms. Sorry you're not happy with these however we think these turned out excellent for size and detail.
Absolutely terrible. Ordered some badges for a school assembly. We were told to wait 3-4 weeks. Nothing arrived. I called to chase up the order and was told an email was sent to me a week after ordering requesting proof approval. I never got the email but was told it was my fault. Made By Cooper said there was nothing they would do for my school. AVOID like the plague. Let’s see if they refund me.
Thanks for the review, unfortunalty the email you supplied was not one you admitted to use and we didn't get approval of the design from you so therefore can not proceed with production without it. We chased this up on several occasions without reply. We offered to send an alternative product that we have in stock to use for the presentation to try help but this was refused. The refund is being processed.
They sent my pins to Australia by mistake. Firstly I had a design that wasn't suitable, £50 to change it to another one, so I had to cancel. Very strict in that respect. Then start a new order, so wasted £60. That is fine I can understand as they did mockups, but to charge £50 to change to another design is bizarre as I had to start a new order instead and that costs nothing, obviously.

I was then told the charge in emails without them adding VAT, so when I got charged £8 extra was taken. Cue another passive aggressive reply from the company.

Then on the new order after a few weeks they sent it to Australia (instead of england) with a passive aggressive "not our fault" set of replies they rushed out some more. Not allowed a refund again. They really do not like to give refunds, even when you do not get the item.

Then I get the item and the print out quality of the backing card is home printer inkjet quality. You can see the noise on the colours, it is not shiny, it is the cheapest possible print quality they could do, it doesn't even seem to be a laser printer. If I used my own printer it would be the same. Their response "we think it is fine" The responses you get are extremely passive aggressive. Nothing is their fault, it was obviously my fault they sent it to australlia even though my address is in england and Ive never had that happen ever. Instead of sorry it's "mistakes do happen" It really is a very unprofessional support aspect of the company.

I missed the entire christmas sales window because they sent my item to Australlia by mistake.

I really think this company could improve it's customer service replies to be less passive aggressive and also offer some kind of partial refunds when something goes wrong or if you change an order do not try to charge extra.

The quality of the pin itself is fine, could have been better if they had made suggestions to remove smaller elements when they did the mockups.
Sorry you were not happy with the service you were given. We have checked all communication and feel we did everything to help get the pins to you. We apologised on many occasions about the mix up and we delivered the new set of badges before your original estimated date, we don't feel missing the Christmas market is fair as we still delivered the new set ahead of the predicted delivery time even though there was a delivery address error.

Quality of pins, backing cards and the help was all a high quality and ensured we delivered quality product on time.
Made by Cooper is rated 4.81 based on 3,225 reviews