Made by Cooper Reviews

Kris
Made by Cooper 5 star review on 3rd June 2020
Sherief
More Photos & Videos
HUGE MESS made of three separate orders. Charged twice for a single order that was sent to another country. Second order vanished into the either. Third order going to another country and a person who didn't pay for it. All the e-mails, invoices and tracking IDs going to the wrong people. Data protection is optional, I guess. Would not use again.
Posted 1 hour ago
I would have used the "variations" options if it would be available an an option when placing an order. I could have done with colour variations as I am not a huge company and the numbers low. Also, the overall material looks plasticky.
Really disappointed with my badges. I worked hard with their very helpful designer but the colours do not have as much differential as the design that I approved. Because of this, it is not possible to see that it is a sunflower. I have contacted Cooper, but they have not responded.
Made by Cooper 1 star review on 11th March 2020
Customer service and courier service was just awful.
Order of 50 pieces, soft enamel.
About 40 of them had epoxy drips. One of them having an unknown 'thing' stuck to its back.
Made by Cooper, after assuring me that "We believe this minor flaw doesn't affect the overall use or aesthetic of the badges but we will on this occasion remake these 40pcs for you." told me to send back, with my own monetary means, to them.
International shipping.
That after 3 weeks of waiting of them.
This was my first time ordering pins anywhere, and what should have been an elating and happy and satisfying process turned out to be extremely upsetting and disappointing.

Also - I'm eco-conscious, and the pins are all wrapped in individual plastic bags.

Not worth the price, not worth the time. Not worth the crushing disappointment and poor handling of my concerns.
Our order was never delivered as requested and they failed to offer any support in locating the order with DPD, refused to re-deliver and did not compensate us (or even apologise) for the significant hassle and delay.
Thanks for the review. We use dos for their one hour window delivery time and frequent updates which our customers feel is very helpful. Sorry if they didn’t deliver the pins in time for you. They do offer a tracking service and redelivery service, as you can appreciate they are a 3rd party company that we can not control.

We trust the products are of the normal height quality.
Not sure if this will get published, but I'm very dissapointed by the customer service and production of chenille patches. The thickness of the outlines on the patch on some important parts of the design are thicker than the filler inside, totally opposite than the prepared visual they sent me. When I try to speak with the customer service it's quite the same as I'm speaking with a computer and I'm getting the same automathic answers: Our product is excellent!
How to throw away 300 euros in 2019 without any customer protection? Order chenille pathes with Made by Cooper.
Made by Cooper 1 star review on 20th May 2019
Thanks for the review and feel only fair that we upload the design and finished product supplied. These products as we explained are as the design supplied and approved. Production and graphics will always have small differences as explained in all communication and terms. Sorry you're not happy with these however we think these turned out excellent for size and detail.
Absolutely terrible. Ordered some badges for a school assembly. We were told to wait 3-4 weeks. Nothing arrived. I called to chase up the order and was told an email was sent to me a week after ordering requesting proof approval. I never got the email but was told it was my fault. Made By Cooper said there was nothing they would do for my school. AVOID like the plague. Let’s see if they refund me.
Thanks for the review, unfortunalty the email you supplied was not one you admitted to use and we didn't get approval of the design from you so therefore can not proceed with production without it. We chased this up on several occasions without reply. We offered to send an alternative product that we have in stock to use for the presentation to try help but this was refused. The refund is being processed.
They sent my pins to Australia by mistake. Firstly I had a design that wasn't suitable, £50 to change it to another one, so I had to cancel. Very strict in that respect. Then start a new order, so wasted £60. That is fine I can understand as they did mockups, but to charge £50 to change to another design is bizarre as I had to start a new order instead and that costs nothing, obviously.

I was then told the charge in emails without them adding VAT, so when I got charged £8 extra was taken. Cue another passive aggressive reply from the company.

Then on the new order after a few weeks they sent it to Australia (instead of england) with a passive aggressive "not our fault" set of replies they rushed out some more. Not allowed a refund again. They really do not like to give refunds, even when you do not get the item.

Then I get the item and the print out quality of the backing card is home printer inkjet quality. You can see the noise on the colours, it is not shiny, it is the cheapest possible print quality they could do, it doesn't even seem to be a laser printer. If I used my own printer it would be the same. Their response "we think it is fine" The responses you get are extremely passive aggressive. Nothing is their fault, it was obviously my fault they sent it to australlia even though my address is in england and Ive never had that happen ever. Instead of sorry it's "mistakes do happen" It really is a very unprofessional support aspect of the company.

I missed the entire christmas sales window because they sent my item to Australlia by mistake.

I really think this company could improve it's customer service replies to be less passive aggressive and also offer some kind of partial refunds when something goes wrong or if you change an order do not try to charge extra.

The quality of the pin itself is fine, could have been better if they had made suggestions to remove smaller elements when they did the mockups.
Sorry you were not happy with the service you were given. We have checked all communication and feel we did everything to help get the pins to you. We apologised on many occasions about the mix up and we delivered the new set of badges before your original estimated date, we don't feel missing the Christmas market is fair as we still delivered the new set ahead of the predicted delivery time even though there was a delivery address error.

Quality of pins, backing cards and the help was all a high quality and ensured we delivered quality product on time.
Poor attention to detail.
The badges have been made to the exact proof we supplied and approved. As agreed they have been made to the design. We supply proofs for all orders prior to production to ensure there are no problems,we do ask to please check all proofs and details.
I placed an order with Made by Cooper for 100 pins. I planned on selling these pins and for the price I was paying, expected decent quality. When I received the pins I found that nearly 20% of them had issues and did not fit my standards to be sold. However, when I reached out to Made by Cooper I was told that only "serious" defects, such as the pin missing enamel, would be refunded and that next time I could use the more expensive premium pin option if I was planning on selling them. I do not remember that even being an option at the time that I purchased my pins, but nonetheless there will not be a next time. For the price I paid, even though I did not purchase the premium option, I should not have so many pins with defects. I would have considered using Made by Cooper in the future if they had many any effort to remedy the situation but they have made it clear they do not care about their customers.
Long delays, no thanks.
Thanks for the review however this order was delivered ahead of schedule and bit unfair
I ordered 105 air fresheners with rounded corners, i received 99 with no rounded corners, I supplied artwork with cutter guide to finish. They even took 2 weeks to send an artwork proof then a futher month to supply the job, clearly they outsource to China. Avoid like the plague people, you have been warned. Terrible customer service when I complained they blamed me.
Sorry you’re not happy but the products were delivered exactly as you approved with out dispute and this is the reason we send a visual approval for you to check. We delivered on time as outlined all the way along the process. We have refunded you for the short delivery which can happen in manufacture.
61% of my pins had some sort of defect. I understand that there is some error in the process and I was expecting around 25% or less. It is horrible that I will now have to sell 61% of my pins at a discounted rate because of the defect when i had to pay full price for the defected ones.
Thanks for the review, if you you found so many defects please can you contact us with photos to we can review and rectify this for you.
After 2 successful orders (100 and 200 pins) I trusted MbC with an order of 900 pins (a re-run of 300 pins and 3 new designs, 200 pins each) and I wish I’d never done that.

Whilst the 300 re-run pins were ok, the new 600 pins were nothing closer to the the previous ones.

The profiles were way thicker, the colours were inaccurate (even if we used the same pantone number as in the previous orders) and not uniform, the metal showed through the colouring. Even the paper used for the backs were thinner and cheaper and so did the plastic in which they were wrapped.

Surprised by this manifest quality drop I contacted MbC to see what happened and to fix the situation.

Oliver Ker (founder of Made by Cooper) replied “I can see the slight colour difference in the yellow. Unfortunately we don’t agree that these are as bad as you mention, we believe the quality is still high (…) We are always looking for way to improve and we use multiple producers for different products to ensure we get the best from each of them. Going forward I can ensure the new designs will be made with your preferred producer thats not a problem and If can accept a 30% refund on the order I can get this actioned ASAP.”

A 30% discount was inadmissible because I wasn’t in the condition to sell them, as they were so evidently cheaply made, and we were talking about 1032€ so I insisted for a full refund/re-run.

They stopped answering my mails.

Luckily, before the arrival of this faulty order, I’d already placed another order of 1300 pins and we were at the visuals-approval-phase so, when the graphic department contacted me for the delay in the approval of the visuals, I told them I could’t approve anything because I was having an issue with a previous order and I’d probably have to cancel this last one.

All of a sudden Made by Cooper’s Oliver woke up and proposed a re-run if I’d approved the new 1300 pins order as well.

I was glad we’d found a solution so I gave my consent.

2 months later, when the new pins arrived the situation was ridiculous.
The 1300 new pins were ok whilst the 600 I had re-made were even worse than the previous faulty 600.

The re-run was just like the previous faulty order and, in addition, all of the pins lacked final coating.

Oliver answer was even worse than the previous ones too: “Sorry you are not happy but I think you are expecting too much from a low priced item, these are not jewellery items and we find them to be acceptable as an enamel badge. We agreed to make them with your preferred supplier at no extra cost to help. Sorry that you’re still disappointed but we do find these badges to be acceptable and made to the specification we provided.”

I tried to reply back saying that It was true I had high expectations, but were expectations MbC had set with previous runs, not a jeweler and so on but they simply replied: “We find these goods to be correct and to be of acceptable quality. We do not find them faulty. We do not offer refunds for non faulty goods”.

End of communications.

I’m really sorry for this long, boring, review but I hope my experience could help other not trusting this company.
I had lost 1032€ and I really hope others will not.
We are sorry you're not happy with the product, but from the review you can we have tried to help by changing to your preferred supplier which was re-made and we delivered badges that are more than acceptable. This dispute was also reviewed and settled by a third party by your request. Wish you best of luck in future.
Had an issue with the proof not matching the final product and customer service was terrible! Tried to proved me wrong at every corner even though I understood the obvious issue. They finally decided I was lying and said I could "re order for additional costs". Shame
Made by Cooper 1 star review on 14th May 2018
Thanks for the review, as we have been discussing about the colour we have uploaded the yellow colour that has been disputed. As the colour and design is correct we can not replace badges that have been made correctly.
One of the thread colors we aren't happy with. Usually the thread colors are slightly off for patches from a digital proof but the ones we we received are COMPLETELY off. Not sure which factory they are using in China but they don't have great communication or QA with their factory.

I contacted customer service and it was a dead end. They did not help whatsoever. Would not recommend Made by Cooper for patches or customer service.
They are a middleman company and do not produce the pins, but rather outsource to factories abroad.
Their customer service is lacking significantly and I would not recommend working with them after having a horrible experience myself.
Sorry that we could not recreate your designs as complicated as you submitted, we can only create designs that can be made in enamel and our expertise design help is there to help people create their designs in enamel. We have a design page on the website which helps those that can design with the guides and specifications should they wish to do so themselves.
Ripped Off
Sorry you feel this way but we only offer designs that can be made. We have a design page you can follow if you want to design your own badge and follow the guides. Your design was not enamel compatible so we submitted a compatible design for you. It’s clear in all our communication that there are charges for work we have undertaken. We can also offer advice whether designs can be made or adjusted before you pay, however this was not used. Our service is well received and used by many people that can not design enamel badges.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Unanaswered emails, and having to put in a FedEx claim was o receive my already paid for package because they refused to make one phone call. Totally disappointed. BEWARE: should have listened to other reviews. I am still out my money and pins.
The original delivery was not collected by yourself and was returned. We re-shipped the goods via new number as supplied which is now listed as delivered in August.
Made by Cooper is rated 4.81 based on 2,956 reviews