Juicy Bikes Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Juicy Bikes

About Juicy Bikes: We make electric bikes designed for the hills of the Peak District and pride ourselves on our reputation for best value and great service. Our bikes are as much about style and comfort as they are about technology - we want our riders to love our bikes and enjoy the pleasures of cycling once more.

Juicy Bikes
Eco Republic
5, The Colonnade

How would you rate Juicy Bikes?

Simon &
Verified Buyer

Really great electric bikes at a really good price by really nice people.
Our pleasure, Thank you both.
Nick
Verified Buyer

Super service,super staff, super bikes. Very happy would definitely recommend.
Thanks Nick!
Philip
Verified Buyer

I have enjoyed using my Juicy Bike for its first year in and around Hereford City. The battery assist is very useful and in particular, on some of the hills and gradients which I would otherwise have difficulty with.

Queuing traffic at street junctions find it amazing to see a cycle 'powering away' from standstill without visual signs of effort from the rider!

Whilst I recharge the battery during daytime with free electricity via my house roof PV panels, I have noted recently that this recharge appears to be needed more frequently. I am concerned about battery durability as the cycle will not now cover the suggested 25 miles prior to recharge.

Sincerely, Phil Edwards
Hi Philip and thanks for the feedback. You will notice that as the weather gets colder, range will reduce. When the spring returns your range will increase again.
Annamaria
Verified Buyer

I love my Juicy Bike, it flattens out the hills of Sheffield for me and makes getting around the city so easy.
Susan
Verified Buyer

Couldn't be happier with my Juicy, I'm always recommending it to anyone who shows an interest. As a newly diagnosed MS sufferer I'm unable to walk very far so my bike is a lifeline, enabling me to get to the shops and volunteer at a local school. I have to be careful getting on and off because of the weight but otherwise it's brilliant! Staff at the New Mills shop were really helpful too. Thank you!
Thanks Susan. We'll let the staff at New Mills know... It's great to hear about your volunteering work - hats off to you!
Simon
Verified Buyer

excellent advice, top quality service and the two we have purchased are wonderful. They are very easy to use and are ideal for the Glossop hills.
Thanks Simon - good to know they're performing around Glossop!
Craig
Verified Buyer

Very happy great product but my light doesn't work apart from that all great
Give us a call Craig, or we can fix during your first free service
Tom
Verified Reviewer

We've had our bikes for, I guess, about seven years now. They still work! There were, if memory serves me (unlikely, I'm 80 now!) a few very minor teething problems which were sorted without quibble. J has completed several 25-mile charity rides and I still have the same idiotic grin as I ride 'Lucy' down to the Co-op for the paper and the occasional bottle of Pinot. Wicker baskets are wonderful. What's not to like?
Thanks for sharing Tom. Good to know you and Joyce are still enjoying the bikes!
David
Verified Reviewer

Good bikes from friendly people. Could be a bit better organised when arranging test runs for people living out of the area.
Also I would echo a previous review that more warning could be given about the tenancy for electric bikes to run away when turning at low speed. My wife ended up with the bike on top of her when she tried a walking speed 90 degree turn. Turning the pedal caused the motor to kick in and the back wheel to shoot away sideways.
Hi David - our advice, when doing slow manoeuvres, is to keep one brake lever partly held. As soon as the brakes are slightly operated all power to the motor is cut, helpful during a 90 degree turn. Thanks for sharing.
Elizabeth
Verified Buyer

Very good bike impressed with the way it goes
Thanks Elizabeth
Jeff
Verified Buyer

Hi, I have been the proud owner of one of your Juicy cycles for just over a year now , and in that time I have cycled coming up to 1, 000 miles. I had tried many other cycles from other suppliers but finding your company at The Cycle Show at the NEC in 2015 and receiving some sound advice from Oliver I went ahead and placed a order.
The cycle I purchased was value for money , if I have needed any advice your company has been most helpful. I would not hesitate in recommending Juicy Electric Cycles to anyone .
Jeff Ruscoe. Shropshire.
Thanks Jeff, we'll make sure Oliver gets your feedback. Enjoy your bike.
Sara
Verified Buyer

After riding for a couple of months to get used to riding on the road again, my folding electric bike gave me the confidence to cycle from where I live in Bromley to London for The Freecycle this summer. I cycled the entire route twice and then came home on main roads from London . I had the power to pull away from traffic lights and felt relaxed and in control. I could carry lots of snacks and drinks in the panniers along with a good padlock leaving my body free to move. The ride and subsequent cycling trips are very comfortable on the saddle and with the puncture resistant tyres. I do not always use the power assist so I can work as hard as I want and go longer distances in the knowledge that if I get tired I have the power to get home. Also so when people say I'm cheating because of having the assistance I can tell them what I do which inevitably impresses particularly those who are finding cycling without help a struggle. They can see it is keeping me on a bike and keeping me fitter as I get older.
Thanks for sharing Sara - that's very informative. Good to hear your fitness is improving and the bike is doing its job. Thank you.
Sally
Verified Buyer

Bike is great, easy to use. Particularly like the 'accelerator' to help get going on inclines and to push it up hills.
Used it 3 times so far. Unfortunately on the last occasion on a canal towpath, the back wheel slipped sideways, I crashed into the bridge, the bike and me fell over. End result was a trip to A&E, x rays, painkillers. Ultimately resulted in spinal surgery a few weeks later. Think there needs to be more caution given to riders about the possibility of this happening and what the consequences may be ( although I am sure mine are quite extreme!!). Another electric bike rider I was with experiences the same back wheel sliding but was better able to cope with it.

Don't let this put you off having an electric bike, they are great, but do treat them with caution.
Oh Sally! So sorry to hear this news - not the best way to find out how powerful the bikes are. We hope you recover very soon and thanks for sharing - wise words indeed.
John
Verified Buyer

Delighted with my Juicy folding bike. I have been out daily for around 10 to 12 miles usually with ascents and descents of more than 700 feet. The bike has been trouble free.
I am in my mid seventies and hadn't been on a bike for thirty years. I purchased this bike to help with my arthritis, new knee, ankle joints and diabetes. When I found I could do a full rotation of the pedals on an excercise cycle I went Juicy Bikes and tried their cycles with this great success.
I hope my general fitness will will improve and I will start to shed some excess weight.
Thanks John - pleased the bike is doing its job for you.
Valerie
Verified Buyer

I like my Juice bike a lot, but it's a bit long and heavy no good for carrying on the roof rack of the car.
That's useful feedback Valerie. We also have some lighter Compact Plus folding bikes and our new, light-weight Roller is receiving very good reviews. A tow-bar mounted cycle rack is something you might find useful too.
Linda
Verified Buyer

I had a very bad back issue for about 1 and a half year which did not allow me to walk for more than 30 mins without being in pain at my worst state. The bike allowed me to go around with as much effort as I want put in to strengthen myself up, but at the same time give me the help while I can't. Very well build bike. It's not the cheapest in the market but from the look and the spec that you get it's worth the money. Only down side is, someone small like me, 5ft, can't really fold and unfold the bike by myself.
Thanks for sharing Linda. Hope your fitness is improving and you can continue to enjoy your bike even more.
Marie
Verified Buyer

I absolutely LOVE my Juicy Bike!

I can't praise the design and workmanship enough. It has given me confidence to get out and about and even with arthritic knees it is so easy to ride. The service at Eco Republic was fabulous too, such friendly staff - it made the whole process of buying one such a pleasure.
My partner even loves it enough to ride it up hill to the shops instead of taking the car, despite the girly colour and basket on the front.....he needs one of his own!
Seriously though - I highly recommend them, especially to people who suffer from joint problems. I would encourage anyone to try one and I guarantee you will fall in love.
Thank you Marie - that's praise indeed. We'll be sure to let the staff at Eco Republic know too. Thanks very much for sharing.
Pauline
Verified Buyer

I never liked cycling until I bought my lovely Juicy bike, now I love it!
We live in north Bolton, Lancashire, which is very hilly. We can't cycle anywhere locally without going up and down hills. The Juicy bike is superb for my situation in that it eats up hills with ease, so I never dread getting on the bike thinking about the pain and suffering I might have to go through!
Juicy Bikes are a superb company to buy from, always keen to discuss your particular requirements and only wanting to sell you a bike that is right for you. Great personal service.
We have had the bike over a year now and she hasn't put a foot wrong, not has she failed to get up any hill that we have thrown at her. A very comfortable ride, being a sit up, Dutch style bike. I have a bad back but can manage my bike without irritating my back.
No regrets, would very happily recommend Juicy Bikes.
Good to hear from you again Pauline and that your bikes are performing well. Really appreciate you sharing. Thanks.
John
Verified Buyer

We purchased an electric bike for my 80 year old father-in-law, we weren't really sure what we wanted or how the bikes worked (pedal assist or fully powered) the staff took time to explain how everything worked and the options for each of the different bikes. They have demonstration bikes which my father-in-law tried in the safety of the car park before making his final choice. Overall a great experience with very knowledgeable and friendly staff!
Thanks John. Good to know we're doing our job properly.
Michael
Verified Buyer

Excellent quality build and product. Very sturdy and stable when riding. Lightweight and folds easily. Highly recommended!
Thanks Michael!