Juicy Bikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Juicy Bikes
Read Juicy Bikes Reviews

About Juicy Bikes:

We make electric bikes designed for the hills of the Peak District and pride ourselves on our reputation for best value and great service. Our bikes are as much about style and comfort as they are about technology - we want our riders to love our bikes and enjoy the pleasures of cycling once more.

uksales@juicybike.com

Juicy Bikes
Henmore Trading Estate
Off Mayfield Road

Tell us how Juicy Bikes made you happy
Great service from day 1. Of course there have been delays with the pandemic effecting all industries. But the team at Juicy kept me up to date with my order. Finally received my bike a week ago. Delivery was super quick and efficient. Bike was almost ready to go with just a handlebar, seat adjustment and peddles to attach. Let me start by telling you I am an unfit, overweight middle aged lady. The bike - The Roller is bigger than I expected - my little legs found it a challenge, but the team helped me straight away with an alternative seat bar to allow it to drop a little further. The bike is heavy - no denying, so moving and pushing is hard work (though the battery can help with pushing) - find somewhere easy and secure to store it, That said, oh my, when you are riding it, it's a dream. The power is phenomenal - I live in a very hilly area of Yorkshire and that has always been my barrier to cycling, but no more! - every hill so far has been manageable - I mean really manageable! It is really easy to use, turn the help up or down as you need it. I purchased the biggest battery, and it lasts for ages, no worries about it flattening whilst out. I have already used it to go shopping (yes I bought a cute basket) and today commuted to work for the first time ever) - I bought a pannier too for my laptop. If you have ever wished you could cycle but thought it too hard, try an e-bike and maybe you might be like me and be converted! - buy a good helmet, buy a good lock and get it insured just in case, and I might see you on the Greenway soon!
This bike has literally saved my life! I commute to work every day and I was struggling as I have osteoarthritis and awaiting a complete hip replacement. Buying an electric bike was an idea implanted by a work colleague but I dismissed it as "cheating" and continued to struggle. Just before Christmas, I visited Buxton for a day sightseeing and shopping with my family and came across Juicy bikes in one of the shops there. The style and quality of the bike caught my eye and I began to investigate. My hip was getting worse and I needed my commute to be achievable. I went along to the shop in Newtown for a trial ride and it was like being a kid again...I found it so much fun. I was given lots of time to try out the different styles of bikes and given lots of advice and they were very friendly. As I am short in stature, I ended up with the Poco and with it being a step through, I no longer had to lift my leg over in order to mount the bike. It has taken me a while to adjust to the style of the bike and the new way of cycling as I am used to riding a hybrid with straight handle bars. It required several journeys before finding the right height for the handle bars to feel comfortable and also to adjust to the style of the seat as I was used to a slimmer design. It is also getting noticed as I cycle through the city centre and I have locked it up outside a coffee shop...sitting next to the window so I could keep an eye out...I could see it promoted a great deal of interest in passers by who were admiring it. Colleagues at work have also been intrigued...I am spreading the word The bike has just had it's 6 week check; the brakes were adjusted, tyres pumped, chain oiled and given a clean... and it looks brand new again! I now have an extremely comfortable ride with struggling up hills and against the wind a thing of the past. . So when I say it saved my life...I can continue to commute by cycle but not have to suffer for it...but sit back and enjoy the ride! So thank you Juicy bikes and keep up the good work!
Basically l was sold a bike that was way to big and heavy for my height n size l really struggle to get on it it’s heavy and l so wish l would of been advised about the bar in the middle it’s given me quite a lot of bruises 😩l haven’t used it much because of the weight shame really because it’s a lovely looking bike l bought it in a shop Buxton area
Just taken my new Juicy "Ticket" e bike out for its first proper on and off road spin. I am so impressed - the power is incredible, and the electric boost kicks in immediately. Most of the time I never needed more than 2 in order to achieve 17 to 18mph on the flat, with practically no effort at all. Took the hills with ease. Even the ones I'd previously had doubts about. This has given me a new found sense of freedom as my knees are not good, and walking any distance is now painful. This is absolutely no strain on the knees at all. Well done juicy, worth every penny.
What a great shopping experience, this company and Bryn in particular were exceptional. They put up with my multiple questions, were good to their word and got my wife’s ebike to us on time, even taking the current Covid-19 into consideration. Bryn didn’t mind me asking for regular updates and now the ebike has arrived my wife has not been off of it. We bought to to help ease her back into cycling and she nearly pooped her pants when she first turned on the electric motor. We bought the entry level ebike and we are very satisfied with our purchase, the whole process has been a walk in the park thanks to this great team. Well done, stay safe and keep up the good work.
Absolutely love my TICKET, the orange colour is very eye catching and I like that it doesn't look like a typical ebike. We bought after lockdown had started, support and advice received online was great and delivery smooth and inline with social distancing. It's been fantastic to just cycle from the house - something I don't often do as I have 500m of climb before I'm even on less challenging cycle routes! I've done over 250km since 23rd April, the gear change and the electric feature are smooth, took a couple of rides out to get used to the electric side of the bike, I don't use it all the time. I didn't know what ebikes were like, I was initially resistant, but I love the fact that you are still working/getting exercise whilst enjoying what would usually be too challenging to enjoy. Recommended to friends who are now looking to buy too. Thankyou Juicy Bikes!
Juicy Bikes 5 star review on 12th May 2020
Very friendly service. Delivered on time during lockdown. Very comfortable style.
We ordered two folding bikes just after the lockdown started (which forced us to finally make a decision about the kind of bikes we were going to get). I'd have preferred to have them assembled by a local dealer but that wasn't possible in the circumstances. Getting them ready wasn't too much trouble and a couple of queries we had were soon resolved (including one made by e-mail on a Sunday!). The bikes have worked very well and we're pretty happy with them. You can get folding bikes that are lighter and fold more compactly but the ones we chose are a good combination of facility and price. On about a month's experience (I've been out every day since we got them) I'd recommend both the bike and the company.
Unfortunately, I have had a very negative experience with this bike. I’ve taken it in a few times for electric issues. Once it was going quite slow and the light wasn’t working. 4 weeks later I got my bike back, but that was 4 weeks I had to pay for transport. Next time, it was that my battery kept running out on me after 7.5 miles. Took it in, got it back 4 weeks later saying to bring it back if I still notice it. Finally, I’m on a hill and it just completely gives up. Full battery, but motor is completely gone. Will probably be anothe 4 weeks of paying for transport :( I’m so disappointed as it has really ruined the joy of having my first electric bike, it’s not reliable, and frankly, I’ll be selling it after this bit gets fixed as I can’t afford such an unreliable mode of transportation. Sorry.
Hello Misty You did contact us by email to confirm your bike is still in warranty and we're pleased to say it is, with 2 weeks remaining. As you originally chose to collect from our nearest stockist in Sutton Coldfield we have arranged for them to take a look for you. They are very experienced with our bikes and should be able to make any adjustment or repair straight away. It may be just a very simple service, but sometimes a part can be required and that can take a little time - a new battery for instance can take a week for us to check and then replace. Let's hope all that is needed is a squirt of oil onto a brake switch (which is designed to cut all power to the motor, as you describe). We do also provide a Free Service for all the bikes we sell and a regular yearly service is just £35. We're sorry you feel disappointed as we pride ourselves on the reliability of our bikes and the service we provide. We understand the impact of any issue, especially when the bike is a sole form of transport and we promise to make your issue our priority. Best regards, Juicy Bikes
I love my juicy bike, it is absolutely amazing. Cycling to work has become a complete joy. It is fast, easy to ride and very comfortable. It is like someone is silently pushing you from behind as you cycle and suddenly wind and hills become no obstacle. I was a little dubious about getting an electri bike but I am an absolute convert. It is my best purchase for a long time. Customer service was amazing as well. Really great company and amazing product.
We are pleased with our new folding juicy bikes, although we haven't had much chance to use them yet and are still learning how to ride them. We find them heavy to lift into a car even without the battery - but then we no longer have the youthful strength we once had! We would have preferred to be able to contact the shop we bought them from directly, rather than go through an 0845 number to another shop. We also think that we should be provided with a credit/debit card receipt for our payment transaction, at the point of purchase, rather than have to wait for a general receipt to be sent later via email. When paying for the bikes we had no way to check amount what was being taken from our account or proof of purchase when leaving the shop. We have never experienced this before for any card transaction and would suggest that Juicy Bikes provides card receipts as well as general receipts.
I dealt totally remotely over the phone regarding a cycle to work purchase. The whole experience and transaction went very smoothly and I am delighted with the bike which was delivered promptly once the order was finalised. Juicy Bikes were very helpful all the way.
I have been considering an e-bike for a long time. My old lightweight 1980's road bike is not really ideal for the old railway greenways I seem to end up on so when I found the folding Compact Plus Juicy Bike, my partner and I bought one each as a compromise between really wanting full size hybrid/mountain bikes, but also where we could transport two in each vehicle. The 20" wheel design also allows sharing with family members who have slightly shorter legs and accommodate a greater range of leg length. After comparing a few brands of folding e-bikes, most that are as light as the Compact Plus are also a bit fragile for cycle tracks, aiming at the city commuter. Although the Compact Plus is definitely not a trails bike, it is both a chunky frame that manages to be also reasonably lightweight as far as mid range e-bikes go. The tyres are also chunky enough to take me over some gravel, grass, sand without any difficulty. I was pleased to have the higher level computer as this is programmable quite easily to suit individual riders. For me, the 50% power on level one was too punchy and the 40% default at level one when set to seven levels of power is just perfect. One very important point that almost put me off an e-bike was the idea they are too heavy to pedal without power. I have now done three x ten mile journeys. 1. Sale to Chorlton via the river and back. 2. Delamere Forest. 3. Wirral Way from Neston to Thurstaston and back. I have only needed to use Level One power (40%) for about 10% of those journeys, and only up to Level 3 on some steep short climbs for barely a minute of two. The bike does not fit in a conventional bag for 20" wheel folding bikes because it is slightly bigger than some less rugged makes. I was a little disappointed the rear light does not run off the bike battery. The faux leather hand grips are so soft they are not resilient to getting caught on anything a bit sharp. The handlebars might be a bit high (sit up and beg) for people who need the seat at a lower setting. You need a webbed clasp to hold the bike together when folded as this model has no clip to hold it together when folded (very ungainly). Overall, I love the bike and have no regrets in choosing this model but time will tell how it stands up to more use.
First class service and attention from the the juicy bike staff, very helpful and knowledgable with advice and customer service. We have a men’s Sport and a ladies Poco both purchased late last year and due to weather have not ridden them much as we are saving our efforts until we have some sunshine. However, we are both thrilled with how the bikes performed on our test rides around our local village, no more getting out of breath on hills! We are really looking forward to our first long outing. We will be taking them with us everywhere when we use our motorhome throughout the UK.
Recently bought the Dutch classic. After a few teething problem, quickly ironed out by Juicy, I'm absolutely delighted. I'm 75 and the bike has enabled me to start cycling again after a period of illness, it's done wonders for my wellbeing. I can't praise the bike, or everyone at Juicy enough. Geoff Brown.
That's so good to hear Geoff.
Good bikes from friendly people. Could be a bit better organised when arranging test runs for people living out of the area. Also I would echo a previous review that more warning could be given about the tenancy for electric bikes to run away when turning at low speed. My wife ended up with the bike on top of her when she tried a walking speed 90 degree turn. Turning the pedal caused the motor to kick in and the back wheel to shoot away sideways.
Hi David - our advice, when doing slow manoeuvres, is to keep one brake lever partly held. As soon as the brakes are slightly operated all power to the motor is cut, helpful during a 90 degree turn. Thanks for sharing.
So far so good. I’ve had my Juicy compact bike for a couple of months using it for commuting 14 miles a day (most days). No problems to report and the bike works well, is stable and handles very nicely considering the small wheel rim size. The motor and power delivery is pretty good for folding bike but its fair to say you wont be winning many time trials, however a comfortable ride taking much the strain after a long day at work (and fun). Not the cheapest option on the market. I test rode other bikes (cheaper and dearer) but I felt the Juicy bike was the best all rounder and the team at juicy had the best technical knowledge on their own bikes. Juicy were very helpful and spent time to explain the bike ensuring it was set up for me specifically before I rode it. The bike is also one of the lighter folding bikes so easy to handle fold up and tuck away for space saving. I would say Juicy bikes are well built and DEFINITELY worth considering if going electric.
Ian that's useful feedback for us - good to know we're doing our job. More importantly, the bike is performing for you. Thank you.
Juicy Bikes is rated 4.78 based on 231 reviews