Juicy Bikes Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Juicy Bikes

About Juicy Bikes: We make electric bikes designed for the hills of the Peak District and pride ourselves on our reputation for best value and great service. Our bikes are as much about style and comfort as they are about technology - we want our riders to love our bikes and enjoy the pleasures of cycling once more.

Juicy Bikes
Henmore Trading Estate
Off Mayfield Road

How would you rate Juicy Bikes ?

"Excellent service, approachable staff that were happy to answer questions."
"I dealt totally remotely over the phone regarding a cycle to work purchase. The whole experience and transaction went very smoothly and I am delighted with the bike which was delivered promptly once the order was finalised. Juicy Bikes were very helpful all the way."
"I have bought the fold up bike, it suits me fine, easy to use and I can take it further afield if I want. I am in my seventies and therefore feel entitled to cheat a little and this is a good bike to do it on! I would definitely recommend Juicy Bikes."
"We had looked at various bikes in the past but after a very quick look this time around and finding this company that was very local to us and a family business gave us the confidence to go to see them and test ride a few of their bikes. They were extremely helpful and couldn’t do enough to help. In fact we made a decision to buy very quickly, they had never at any time pushed the make the sale. They were also very Knowledgable and would not hesitate to recommend them."
"I've had my Juicy bike for about 6 months now. Thoroughly enjoying the commute to work and even better now days are longer. Some niggles with the front light wiring coming loose but otherwise superb. Thank you for the wonderful support and service."
"Excellent service from first contact via Facebook on to the test run and then with my purchase. We have a unisex folding bike which is great rather than run a second car for short trips as well as getting me back into leisure cycling. Having moved to an area with hills it is great to be back on my bike. I have done about 60 miles - mainly trips of 3 - 10 miles. I am going out on longer ones soon now I am confident. It certainly is nippy and good for setting off at junctions in urban traffic. Only thing I would have liked is a link to the manual/instructions for the gadget that measures distance and speed etc. I can work out how to set it to measure each trip length."
"The service I have received from Juicy Bikes has always been friendly, efficient and, when it has come to sales, knowledgeable, patient and non-pushy. I had a minor problem with the LCD control on delivery but this was rapidly sorted at the first service by adjustment of a sensor. An offer to lift the bike into the car for my return journey was made without prompting and the performance of the bike itself has surpassed my expectations. Roll on the better weather."
Christopher
Verified Buyer
"Dan and Bob helped us select the most appropriate bikes for our needs, shipped them to Spain and we're now wizzing up and down the hills. Battery range and performance is just as promised and the one or two little set up niggles were quickly sorted by excellent technical support."
"I have been considering an e-bike for a long time. My old lightweight 1980's road bike is not really ideal for the old railway greenways I seem to end up on so when I found the folding Compact Plus Juicy Bike, my partner and I bought one each as a compromise between really wanting full size hybrid/mountain bikes, but also where we could transport two in each vehicle. The 20" wheel design also allows sharing with family members who have slightly shorter legs and accommodate a greater range of leg length. After comparing a few brands of folding e-bikes, most that are as light as the Compact Plus are also a bit fragile for cycle tracks, aiming at the city commuter. Although the Compact Plus is definitely not a trails bike, it is both a chunky frame that manages to be also reasonably lightweight as far as mid range e-bikes go. The tyres are also chunky enough to take me over some gravel, grass, sand without any difficulty. I was pleased to have the higher level computer as this is programmable quite easily to suit individual riders. For me, the 50% power on level one was too punchy and the 40% default at level one when set to seven levels of power is just perfect. One very important point that almost put me off an e-bike was the idea they are too heavy to pedal without power. I have now done three x ten mile journeys. 1. Sale to Chorlton via the river and back. 2. Delamere Forest. 3. Wirral Way from Neston to Thurstaston and back. I have only needed to use Level One power (40%) for about 10% of those journeys, and only up to Level 3 on some steep short climbs for barely a minute of two. The bike does not fit in a conventional bag for 20" wheel folding bikes because it is slightly bigger than some less rugged makes. I was a little disappointed the rear light does not run off the bike battery. The faux leather hand grips are so soft they are not resilient to getting caught on anything a bit sharp. The handlebars might be a bit high (sit up and beg) for people who need the seat at a lower setting. You need a webbed clasp to hold the bike together when folded as this model has no clip to hold it together when folded (very ungainly). Overall, I love the bike and have no regrets in choosing this model but time will tell how it stands up to more use."
"The cycle, a Roller is just fantastic, i can not believe how good it is. A real revelation. The service from Juicy is just fantastic, second to non. Thank you team.!! Not to mention Bob!"
Thanks for the kind words Roger!
"Stylish and fun,fun,fun!"
"Expert customer and service and advice and a quality product."
"I love my Juicy Bike!! I have no problem with hills now - even with a 3 year old on the back."
"This bike has literally saved my life! I commute to work every day and I was struggling as I have osteoarthritis and awaiting a complete hip replacement. Buying an electric bike was an idea implanted by a work colleague but I dismissed it as "cheating" and continued to struggle. Just before Christmas, I visited Buxton for a day sightseeing and shopping with my family and came across Juicy bikes in one of the shops there. The style and quality of the bike caught my eye and I began to investigate. My hip was getting worse and I needed my commute to be achievable. I went along to the shop in Newtown for a trial ride and it was like being a kid again...I found it so much fun. I was given lots of time to try out the different styles of bikes and given lots of advice and they were very friendly. As I am short in stature, I ended up with the Poco and with it being a step through, I no longer had to lift my leg over in order to mount the bike. It has taken me a while to adjust to the style of the bike and the new way of cycling as I am used to riding a hybrid with straight handle bars. It required several journeys before finding the right height for the handle bars to feel comfortable and also to adjust to the style of the seat as I was used to a slimmer design. It is also getting noticed as I cycle through the city centre and I have locked it up outside a coffee shop...sitting next to the window so I could keep an eye out...I could see it promoted a great deal of interest in passers by who were admiring it. Colleagues at work have also been intrigued...I am spreading the word The bike has just had it's 6 week check; the brakes were adjusted, tyres pumped, chain oiled and given a clean... and it looks brand new again! I now have an extremely comfortable ride with struggling up hills and against the wind a thing of the past. . So when I say it saved my life...I can continue to commute by cycle but not have to suffer for it...but sit back and enjoy the ride! So thank you Juicy bikes and keep up the good work!"
"First class service and attention from the the juicy bike staff, very helpful and knowledgable with advice and customer service. We have a men’s Sport and a ladies Poco both purchased late last year and due to weather have not ridden them much as we are saving our efforts until we have some sunshine. However, we are both thrilled with how the bikes performed on our test rides around our local village, no more getting out of breath on hills! We are really looking forward to our first long outing. We will be taking them with us everywhere when we use our motorhome throughout the UK."
"Excellent quality product, very prompt delivery surpassed only by the customer service. It’s rare to get a customer care call a few days after you’ve taken delivery just to see how you’re getting on and whether you need any help or advice, but that’s exactly what we got. Bravo Juicy - this is how it should be done!"
"Initially, as a novice, putting the bike together wasn’t easy as the instruction booklet was quite poor. However, the support over the ‘phone from the team at Juicy was excellent. The bike is absolutely fantastic. I haven’t ridden for many years, have early osteoarthritis in my knees so want the exercise of cycling but with the help that the battery provides. Takes a little getting used to the power, but it is exciting to be able to ride a bike with confidence again. My only problem now is actually beating my son to it as he loves riding it. Highly recommended! Thank you, Juicy bikes"
"They supplied and delivered the frame I wanted - to the door!"
"My bike is well-made, comfortable, powerful and good-looking."
"After extensive research into ebikes I decided to purchase a folding juicy e bike. The bike is exactly what I wanted. Easy to ride, ergonomic bike tools ie gear changer, simple to fold away, light weight and compact that it fits neatly in the boot of our car along with my husbands mountain bike. The after sales service is excellent as I had an internal problem with the battery and juicy bikes gavevme a new battery and upgraded the battery as an apology for the defect battery. The bike/battery copes with steep hills with ease. Love my juciy bike."
Juicy Bikes is rated 4.85 based on 132 reviews