JG Pest Control Reviews

of reviewers recommend JG Pest Control

Tell us how JG Pest Control made you happy
Well you definitely didn’t do the job you said I could have done what you did and saved myself £300 + not a satisfied customer by far
A truly awful service, do not waste your money. I would have given it 0 stars if it was possible. At the beginning of Feb I requested a heat treatment for my flat and paid over £700 for it.The infestation wasn't serious as I wasn't getting bitten every night however, I had read that the heat treatment would have killed all bed bugs at all stages from egg, to adult. The report provided after the 1st treatment confirmed that only2adult bed bugs were found, confirming it wasn’t a serious infestation. I appreciate that they can hide however, the fact that only two were spotted also matched the frequency that I was getting bitten at. This didn't suffice and a month later I had to request a follow-up treatment. Again, this was carried out but unsuccessful as 3weeks later I found myself having to request another follow-up treatment. Yet again1week later, I was still getting bitten so I contacted customer service to request another follow-up treatment. Customer service replied to me telling me I should have at least waited 2-3 weeks for another follow-up treatment to be carried out. So I had to go to another company, spend more money to purchase another set of treatments as JG were not able to carry out a successful treatment. I had to refer to another company also due to the unhelpfulness of the customer service who just expected for me to wait 1 or 2 more weeks. All follow-up treatments were pesticide treatments that were carried out using the same pesticide while a different and more powerful pesticide needs to be used every time a treatment is carried out, so that they don’t build resistance towards it. However, all follow-up treatments from JG used the same pesticide. It is clear they were just doing the bare minimum and didn’t really care about getting rid of the pest. When I received an email from JG control to provide my feedback, I right away requested a refund for the £700+ pounds I had spent, explaining that I had to refer to a different company due to the low standard of their service. They replied that the heat control has a 24hour guarantee only!!! And they couldn’t provide a refund. Now, this is absolutely ridiculous. How can one find out in24 h if all pests have been killed, considering eggs can take up to 12weeks to hatch? This is clear scam, a very poor service is provided just for money-making. Also appalling CS:after explaining how this service wasn’t satisfactory and requesting a refund,I was told I could be given a heat treatment for free which wasn’t a good option as I had already paid another company due to their inability to treat the pests correctly. I showed pictures of my bites and what’s even worst than having paid £720 for a treatment that didn’t work is the true lack of empathy that I faced with them. Mr Fowler did not show any compassion or empathy, to him it was clear I was just another client, an inconvenience.He not only told me that a refund wouldn’t be possible due to the 24h guarantee, he did not show any compassion. I haven’t been sleeping more than a couple of hours for over 3 months! He wasn’t even apologetic, might have written sorry once just for the sake of it. It was clear he did not care about my situation and did not care that the company he works for did not carry out a service decently enough despite the amount of money I had to pay for it! An awful service, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE I DID. Go to a different provider who will be able to carry out the service decently and will most definitely show more understanding for your situation. A terrible company with a disgraceful customer service. JG really doesn’t know the meaning of empathy, customer experience despite their clients feeling unsafe in their own home due to the pests. On top of that, a waste of money and a 24 hour- only guarantee!! They know very well it takes over 24 hours to see If you are getting bitten again and to see if there are still bed bugs present. They do not care!! My best advice? GO TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY!! They will just waste your money and time and you will not get rid of the pests!!
If I could give less than one star I would, honestly the worst business I have ever had the misfortune of using. Complete lack of communication between staff, the technicians don’t know what they are doing and very poor customer service. They also insist on £360 payment upfront before they have even done anything, presumably because few people would want to pay them after the services have been carried out.
Came out and were paid twice, Job still not half done
Beware this scamming company! We called this company to book a clean up after an infestation when we arrived at our rented accommodation. As we have a toddler we wanted a proper clean up as rat feces contains a number of diseases and we weren't confident we had the knowledge to do it ourselves. On calling pestcos (also called a million other names, jg pest control, bedbugs be gone, mice pest control to name a few) they booked an appointment for a 'senior specialist' to come round and clean up using specialist equipment and full ppe. £210 later and a young lad turns up with no equipment, says he doesn't really know what he's meant to be doing and asks if we have a vacuum and some cleaning equipment he can use. He wants to hoover up a lot of rat droppings and urine with the vacuum we use to clean our house? He said he would go and buy a dustpan and brush and 'some cleaning things'. The lad had in his notes that 'he just needed to spray around with disinfectant'. We wouldn't have paid someone 210 pound to do this, no-one would. The lad understood and explained he didn't have the equipment and had only been with the company for a few months. We explained this was not what we had be sold and called to explain over the phone what had happened. So far we've had no refund, have been asked to send emails that haven't been replied to, and have been patronised over the phone, we have called numerous times and the management are never in ot in a meeting. To take £210 from a family is disgusting. By the looks of other reviews we won't recieve any money back from this rogue company. Calling is pointless, you just get patronised by someone on the phone repeatedly telling you 'i can't do anything about it without speaking to management'. We will be taking this further and reporting this place to every regulating body we can, if you've had the same experience I suggest you do the same, they shouldn't be able to operate in this way and take peoples money for nothing, its theft
It seems to be a scam and reading some of the reviews I can completely identify with the experience. After charging £120 to send a technician to come round to the house and tell us our options after we saw a mouse in the house - a rude technician came round, they sent me a report that was essentially 2 blank pages with 3 half written sentences and spelling mistakes and no photos showing what they had done. The 3 half written sentences said there was no evidence of a problem and didn't bother to suggest any next steps. In the end we decided to buy mouse traps from a large ecommerce company for £25 which came next day and we caught 2 mice in 2 days. I've been trying to get a refund and they will now only communicate by email and only after pushing did they agree that they would "schedule a call". They will not provide a refund because they say the service was fulfilled and I got a report on the issue! Please take seriously the bad reviews that others have also left and save yourself the hassle. I really hope these reviews will stop others making the same mistake of using this terrible company.
Taken £180 for doing absolutely nothing, we thought we had rats to find out it was a ferret. Booked early evening and cancelled 2 hours later and they charged me £180. This company is absolute rip off, considering the hard times people are going through they take money for doing absolutely nothing. We will be taking action as this not on at all.
Good afternoon Phillip, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I have reviewed the call recording which is when our terms and conditions were outlined to you, you accepted the terms and proceeded with our services on that basis. As you are aware the majority of companies have terms and conditions in place but I am sorry to hear you are now no longer happy with despite accepting them at the time of sale. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Leigh Fowler Office Manager
Pest control man was rubbish he was in my house for 20 mins then said he was done I come in from work and said u need to put mince boxes down in every room he did not check behind sofas for droppings where they had been I paid a lot of money for you’re service and this person did not have a clue any one could have done his job u should refund me my money
Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. I have reached out to you this morning to discuss a way forward to ensure you are satisfied with the service. I look forward to hearing from you. Leigh Fowler, Office Manager.
so for a lot of money, no real action has been taken on my issue. They have a really good sales team who can talk up the services for little action. All of the action I had already tried..
Do not go near these crooks, not only do they demand full payment up front they will not refund when their inept technicians (who are only poorly trained franchisees) cant do the job. Take my advice use a local expert who usually charge on results. The customer service is awful and I had the job done for 20% of the cost charged by this company.
They did not get rid of the wasps
Awful company, very badly run. The owners clearly have no managerial skills and are only concerned about income and sales. Do not use! They also ask employees to leave good reviews online.
Useless company, rude customer service. Refused to come back out and fix the loose panels left undone by their engineer. Wanted another £100+ VAT for this job.
After contacting this company thinking they were good, I’m now sorry I ever gave them my money. They do not do the job properly, in and out in 5 mins. Will not phone you to discuss anything, don’t want to return to fix the problem, after 5 weeks I still have wasps, and they couldn’t care less. I’m still emailing them. So don’t use this company,
To address the wasps nest took 3 visits Over approx 5 weeks The first visit the lad that came was only at our home for 5 mins and stated “it’s the easiest job he’s done in ages”. Afterwards the wasps never abated over the 10 days then reported this. The next guy who turned up condemned what had previously been done as not enough stuff what you use into the best plus nothing was sprayed outside to the entrance/exit outside. Again, this treatment was insufficient as the wasps were still the same. A further 3rd visit was required, I instructed your operative that this has to be addressed properly which he did thoroughly now gone. After the first visit I went into the loft to inspect. I got stung 4 times within seconds entering the loft which is nowhere near the nest. To summarise the work carried out has been very poor and unprofessional. It should not of taken 3 visits. We couldn’t go outside we’re the wasp nest entrance for near 5 weeks with a constant swarm outside. The house is a bungalow with easy access without ladders needed. I’m extremely disappointed with the service throughout and would not recommend this company whatsoever. If someone would like to discuss further my mobile number is 07773 374255 Shaun
Outrageously expensive. Called them out and was assured the wasps would be unlikely to return. 4 weeks later they were back in full force the same problem in the same location but I was told my guarantee was only 3 weeks so expired and I would get a great deal because they would come back for half price (£90) - Called a local company who came out same day and charged me £50 and said they would come back for free whenever I needed for the same problem in the same location.
Mislead on price. Appalling customer service. Nothing was sent in writing....prior to the guy coming out. The guy turned up at 8am instead of the quoted 10.00 to 6...but probably 12.00. I had no option to then cancel. Price was garbled to me on the phone and on querying the £154 for a 10 min job was met by nothing short of bullying and threatening response as they had recorded the person you could just about hear telling me the price , but I had not heard they add VAT on top. Deliberately misleading in my opinion not to give the price inclusive of VAT....especially when not then emailed/texted to confirm. I have never had such a terrible experience of any company or customer service and I would strongly recommend you shop around before using them. The site will not let me rate the customer service which was zero.My strong recommendation is not to use this company.
Wouldn’t recommend, shambles! Awful customer service, they make appointments and then cancel on the day. It’s been more hassle dealing with this company then it’s worth. Ended up doing some of the work ourselves. My advice go elsewhere!
Never turned up between 8-2 as agreed after me calling them was told wouldn’t be with me till 5 and have to be out of the house for 4hrs with 5 children! Avoid this company
Appalling , came out for a wasp. Nest in the utility room vent, sprayed the powder was in and out within 5 minutes. Trying to get them back on their so called guarantee and they have failed to turn up twice . The nest is still active , if they were any good the tech should have looked for other entry points to the cavity and sprayed accordingly hence the problem has not gone away. DO NOT USE THEM
JG Pest Control is rated 4.25 based on 831 reviews