Turfonline Reviews

Turfonline 5 star review on 23rd April 2021
J Siddons
Turfonline 5 star review on 22nd April 2021
A
Quality and service has been better. Difficult to get hold of customer services, tried by phone - 6+, live chat - no reply, email - tried several times and finally got a reply and very helpful. Paid for early delivery, but was missed by more that an hour. Holes, cuts in turf were more than i have had in the past, and the turfs turned up quite dry. (It was a warm couple of days and hot in the lorry) A lot of leatherjackets in or on turf. Very difficult to find telephone number for customer services. Very helpful when able to contact. Waiting for credit for missed delivery. I think the turf was from a different area than I have had before. I was a bit disappointed this time. Have had good service in the past, will try again.
Fresh turf delivered on time. However some letherjackets spotted when I did lie it down. That is why 3 stars only.
Grass great quality, delivery service poor
Turf varies in quality. I bought 100 sq metres of Jubilee turf which was two full pallets. At least 6 rolls on one of these pallets (see photos) had ragged long edges and wasn’t usable. Rest of delivery was decent quality.
Turf delivered on time and in decent condition. One half pallet (out of 3.5) was pretty poor, torn a lot and bitty. We used that round trees so hope it still takes. The rest looks high quality and looks great now it’s laid.
Received the turf on the day requested, 1 full pallet and a partial pallet delivered. Started with the full pallet as on inspection the two pallets looked different consistencies of grass. Managed to complete the back lawn with full pallet and front with second pallet. Good quality for first pallet but second pallet not as lush. Courier called on the morning of the delivery to ask if I would change my delivery to the following Monday but I refused and checked during the Friday and received my order at 5pm.
The top rolls were great quality. From the middle of pallet down, the turf rolls had some holes or stones and had to cut around it or cut the piece off.
Used Turfonline after recommendation by a landscaper friend. Very dissapointed at quality of turves. Different lengths, holes in the middle, ragged ends. Delivery at 1.25pm, in the timescale (8am till 2pm), but only just!! (I really expected delivery would be no later than 1pm)
Not the greatest turf I’ve ever used. It was a bit on the thin side and prone to tearing. The grass was slightly yellow and not particularly thick. I’ve subsequently used turf from another supplier which was thicker and of better quality.
Good quality grass but lots of holes so out of 37sqm about half had large holes which needed patching up.
It all got very tricky as there was no driver to deliver during my slot and I had three men waiting for the turf. However, Turfonline managed to get the turf delivered on the due day in the end, though all we could do at that point was unload the lorry, lay the turf out and start again the following day, but not with full team and in the pouring rain. A least the rain was good for the turf and it is looking good now.
Delivery on time, price was good. Was a little disappointed in the condition of some rolls compared to others, approx 50% of the rolls were were less than pristine while 50% were fantastic. Hoping it will all bounce back over time but 1 week in and there is still a visible difference in quality.
Great product but delivered a day later than promised with very little apology. Sedum looks great now that it’s laid.
Mmmmm. Could have been better, I requested a 7.5 ton vehicle with tail lift but they sent an 18 tonner, which damaged my driveway as it left. The turf was good though.
The turf arrived on time, one of the few companies delivering on a Saturday, which was great. I have only given it 3 stars, as there qere quite a few stones in the rolls, some of them even poking through the turf and making holes in the grass when we took them out. One roll was in such a poor condition that we have to not use it. Everything else was good and the grass looks amazing now
All ok. Just was not happy with confusion over delivery date with your customer services.
All was according to plan, well delivered and on time. BUT since you ask for a very specific measurements, I thought that the extra 5% for a third of the price was not worth it,. Then when we put the Turf a chunk of at least 15 cm was missing from one of the pieces, not that the other one fitted perfectly either but at least was an ok situation with the “normal” one. My question is that I am Not sure why do you bother asking for measurements if is not going to be accurate.
Needed to complete a small turfing job so instead of using my usual local supplier due to the small order decided to use Turfonline. The website was easy to use and the order was placed for delivery in three days which was great. The contract was given to a local supplier in Norfolk instead of being delivered straight from Turfonline. The contract failed to deliver for two consecutive days which was immensely frustrating as I had to be available for a 8am to 8pm deliver slot! It was eventually delivered on the third day and dumbed on my doorstep. The turf was usable and has done the job required. Turf quality is excellent just let down by local supplier.
Once I had removed all the large stones and plastic bottle from the soil it was fine to use. Most of the turf was was in good condition, apart from a few that were torn. Delivery was as scheduled.
Ordered from Turf online due to them offering the lowest price. Delivery was arranged for two days later. I had to phone them twice to find out where the delivery was as it didn't arrive until after 5pm. This meant that the turf had been on a lorry all day so was extremely dry by the time it arrived. Seeing as it has to be installed on the day of delivery, I think it is a bit unreasonable to deliver it so late. When I queried this with the company, they said I could have paid £25 for "enhanced delivery". I think next time I will go to a smaller local company and pay a bit extra.
Turfonline is rated 4.63 based on 2,704 reviews