Turfonline Reviews

Harrowden Turf Ltd
Colpmans Farm
Islip

Click Here

Tell us how Turfonline made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
G BUNT
"Fantastic quality and excellent service"
S Raymond Batten
"Quality turf had other turf from different suppliers may be some are a little cheaper but I'd rather pay a little more for quality and have happy customers. Sr batten garden care and maintenance."
"Very quick delivery, friendly and the Turf is superb. It looks great as payed it ourselves by eye and a rake to level it. Only thing, delivery driver broke me drain lid. A bit careless but easily done. Very happy with my new lawn though."
"Delivery fine, got it laid in two hours, have watered every day that it hasn’t rained and it’s coming on great. Only gripe so far is there seems to be a predominance of docks and horsetails and not very many of the cottage garden flowers we thought we had ordered. Hope that the flowers come through eventually and are not crowded out by plants normally regarded as weeds (if i’d wanted weeds I didn’t need to pay hundreds of pounds for them) which I’ll probably end up removing! I now realise you don’t give a plant list for the cottage garden as you do for the other types of wildflower turf: why is this?"
"I would prefer to write my review in a few months time when my wildflower turf is established and some colour appears and hopefully followed by bees, butterflies and birds. I should have a decent photo by then."
"Ive given a middle rating because the product was good but the customer service was very poor. The turf and soil I ordered were good quality and laid well and is thriving. However, the delivery did not arrive on time which put me to extra expense and customer service was non existent. I received a call half way through the day when the delivery had been scheduled to say that the topsoil was not in the right place (!) so I could not have the whole delivery on that day. Obviously the turf couldn't be laid until the top soil had been put down. I had employed a couple of people to lay the turf when it arrived and I had to pay them off and then sort a couple of others for the following day as they then weren't available which was extra expense and extra hassle. I emailed turf online twice about this and never even received the courtesy of a reply. I do appreciate that delivery logistics don't always go to plan, but this put me to extra expense and not even to respond to my email and simply apologise is frankly rude and very poor customer service."
"I purchased two 50metres of jubilee turf for my rear garden. The first delivery was of fantastic quality as the turf had been grown on rich black fen soil. The second delivery two weeks later was of poor quality and had been grown on chalky soil and had many chalk stones in the turf."
"Half of the turves were dry and some had large stones embedded on the back. There were some imperfections on the turves like gaps where grass should have grown. On the whole, the quality of the turves were not as good as the ones I bought from you last year."
"Product is absolutely fantastic, but pre and after sales abysmal! I rang to check what size the sedum mats were coming in, was told 1m2 weighing around 30kg, but they came at twice the size. Given that it was a self instal that was challenging. Also no after installation care was given, which was odd because I got onto this company after a family member installed their product and I picked up the contact details from aftercare literature left after installation. Having said all that the roof looks great, gratifying to see a small group of goldfinches ferreting around in it 3 days later, and bees buzzing about."
"I cannot fault the turf - my issue is over the delivery truck. I specifically ticked the smallest truck option and even wrote a covering note. This is a small lane with limited accessibility to the house. Instead I am not impressed when the driver turns up in an 18 tonne truck"
"Jubilee turf is stunning and rooted well. Very happy with it. Only received 1 of the 2 turf laying boards. No reply to email. 5 star turf, poor service."
Hi Adrian.

Thank you for your review of Turf Online. We are sorry that you only received one laying board. We did reply to your email and issued a full refund for the laying boards. I am happy to forward this on to you if you do not have it? Your refund was made to the original payment method but may take a few days to show in your account.
"Always a good service with speedy delivery. However I have to question the high delivery charges for small items such as the sedum feed I could only find on your site. Glad to see you use of reusable plastics though."
"Turf and topsoil arrived as ordered and has taken to the ground very well for the most part. However, there were a few rolls which were cut a little thin and the grass in these patches has not rooted and dried up. We also had to remove some weeds from the turf before it was laid and some we must have missed have taken root which was a shame after months of preparation work to prepare the soil ground and remove weeds."
"This was my second order from turfonline, the first order was excellent, but this order wasn't as good, half of the turf fell apart or tore on handling, slowing the job down. will try again as hopefully this was a one off poor batch"
Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with this order, if you would like to discuss this please give us a call or let us know when you place your next order and we can discuss this with you. We would be happy to add on a free tub of fertiliser for your next order.

Thank you.
"Turf was wonderful, delivery driver was unhelpful and rude"
"The website is very people friendly but would not allow me to pay for my chosen product, resulting in a telephone call to place my order. Your lady who answered my call was efficient and polite and solved my problem."
"The soil was good but the pallet was defective ( broken) and so the bag fell onto the road and spilled half of its contents as it was being lifted off the lorry. Donal Dowds"
"Overall, I'm satisfied, but there is room for improvement. The ordering process was helpful and efficient, ensuring that my delivery was for the correct day and allowing me to postpone after unforeseen problems in preparation. The delivery wasn't perfect; in fact, a little odd. The first I knew was to discover the driver half way up our path in his 3-wheeled forklift truck, having parked his wagon some 300 yards farther down the road, for reasons best know to himself. He then didn't ask where I wanted the delivery (not where he put it) and when he placed the second pallet damaged our paving stones by pushing the first pallet further up the drive. When it came to laying, the topsoil was slightly odd, with layers of unmixed sand, but it was okay. The turf itself, though, was only just about adequate. I'm not quite sure how anyone could determine if they had received the quality paid for, but this seemed nothing special, though I'd paid for the 'Jubilee' which is supposed to be a better standard. It also had curious patches of clay visible on the underside, which meant the finish feels decidedly 'lumpy' as the clay is far less compressible. More importantly, I think their turf cutter needs resetting, as the turfs were thicker on one side than the other (this was only slight, so wasn't too problematic). The most worrying aspect of all, though, relates to the quantity delivered. I had determined through a laser measure and computer drawing that I needed just about 50sq metres, but had ordered 60sq metres to be on the safe side. I was left with two rolls (one of which was very thin, scraggy, and uneven towards the end) and perhaps 1sq metre of offcuts. Something does not add up!"
"Hi, 1/3-1/2 of the turfs showed damage from the heat. Now they are yellow/dying..."
"Was guided to the Turfonline website from a different website to buy sedum roof fertilizer. The product was different with no explanation so to was confusing. After making the order the confirmation details had a lot of information about lawn fertilizer. At first I thought I had ordered the wrong product. Again, very confusing."
"The website is easy and convenient to use , although there seems to be a long term issue with dates of delivery not being confirmed correctly. The communication from the company is good. The quality of the turf so far ( i've ordered 2 seperate times ) hasn't been great unfortunately. The first lot of turf was ridiculously thin and crumbled in my hands. Of the second order of turf (last week), 20% of it has just died. Not too impressed so far."
"Would have given more stars but their customer service/information was not good. I phoned for information when prepping a summer house for a green roof for a client. I was told that the 'meadow roof' was fitted just like the sedum roof kits that I have used before. When I phoned again to order the meadow roof and pressed them for more info I was told that the meadow roof needed 100mm of topsoil substrate. This is completely different from the sedum which needs no extra substrate. The upshot of this was that my client had to have the sedum roof instead as it was too late to make allowance for the soil and I was left hundreds of pounds out of pocket. Customer service were not very helpful."
"Not impress with the turf. Some of the rolls were damage by the forklift and the rolls were not consistent in the thinkness. I only ordered 19 m2 so was disappointed that they could not have made an effort to give me 19 decent rolls of turf."
Turfonline is rated 4.61 based on 1,764 reviews