Turfonline Reviews

Harrowden Turf Ltd
Colpmans Farm
Islip

Click Here

Tell us how Turfonline made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
G BUNT
"Fantastic quality and excellent service"
S Raymond Batten
"Quality turf had other turf from different suppliers may be some are a little cheaper but I'd rather pay a little more for quality and have happy customers. Sr batten garden care and maintenance."
"Very quick delivery, friendly and the Turf is superb. It looks great as payed it ourselves by eye and a rake to level it. Only thing, delivery driver broke me drain lid. A bit careless but easily done. Very happy with my new lawn though."
"Several rolls had torn ends, one roll had to have half thrown away as it was unusable, and one roll had two large holes in. Half or more of the rolls had small pieces of potato embedded underneath, many of which are just beginning to grow through the turf."
"Ordered wild flowers, looks more wild meadow with plenty of clover. Where are the flowers. Very disappointed. Would never recommend."
"Grass was delivered in top condition and only took only 2 days to look like a healthy lawn."
"Laid turf on ground that was rotavated and topsoil put down. Kept watered. Within 2 days it started to go brown and shrunk back leaving gaps. Rung them up. Woman on phone said I shouldn't of bought it as it was so warm and it was my fault. Why sell it then?"
"I am very disappointed with your company. I booked time off work to lay a lawn. I ordered the turf from your company and paid an additional fee to have the early delivery slot. When the turf arrived the delivery driver asked me "are you ready to have some dead lawn delivered?" The turf was yellow/green, didn't look healthy and the soil was dry, very light in colour. I don't normally complain, unless I have reason, but on this occasion felt this turf wasn't up to my expectations. When I spoke with your customer services I was told to lay the lawn and it will come back - a big gamble to take! - what would have happened if it hadn't taken? I decided to send the turf back with the driver, I then spoke with your company a few hours later and informed "I will not have a refund or replacement. We feel the turf was perfectly fine and we told you to lay it." So the moral of this story is: buy products on line and if you are not happy - tough, except whatever we give you. I now have a garden of soil, no more time off work, no turf to lay and no refund to buy any more turf. Appalling customer service!"
"Delivery fine, got it laid in two hours, have watered every day that it hasn’t rained and it’s coming on great. Only gripe so far is there seems to be a predominance of docks and horsetails and not very many of the cottage garden flowers we thought we had ordered. Hope that the flowers come through eventually and are not crowded out by plants normally regarded as weeds (if i’d wanted weeds I didn’t need to pay hundreds of pounds for them) which I’ll probably end up removing! I now realise you don’t give a plant list for the cottage garden as you do for the other types of wildflower turf: why is this?"
"Looks wonderful,...thanks so much....I recommend this company, I layed the lawn in the middle of a boiling hot summer, waterered it twice day, this photo was 3 weeks after being laid..💓"
"Everything was easy, delivery on time and product excellent"
"Absolutely appalling customer service! Delivered damaged turf (the turf had clearly been sitting in their delivery van for several hours on a hot day) and try to put the blame on me even though I had followed all their instructions correctly in terms of rolling out the turfs and laying as soon as the delivery arrived. No gesture of goodwill or refund was offered and I have essentially lost my money! I would advise everyone to stay well away! DO NOT USE!!! WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!!"
Hi Ash,

One of our managers is still looking into this for you, and had promised to get back to you on Tuesday after speaking to our directors.
"Great grass. terrible customer service. items missing from my delivery, i called on the day and asked not to be charged for it. No refund, I emailed them about this a couple of weeks later. No response."
Hi Tom,

This is very unusual. Could you please email the details of your order to sales@harrowdenturf.co.uk and I'll take a look into this for you.

Thanks.
"Great quality turf. I am by no means an expert but me and my dad (who is a more experienced gardener) laid the Jubilee turf in my garden and we were both very impressed. The big bag of topsoil was also very good and there were no problems with delivery."
"Incredibly disappointing service ultimately resulting in me receiving no turf, topsoil and boards and most shockingly, no refund. Fortunately I paid via PayPal who determined Turfonline were at fault & found in my favour, so I received all my money back and successfully ordered and received what I needed online with another company. If I had not paid via this method I would still be waiting for any kind of refund. I cannot comment on the quality of the goods since I never received any, but the customer service was appalling."
"Absolutely fantastic, great quality turf. After spending a week in preparing the garden, the turf was the icing on the cake. I can't recommend enough, very informative, Lisa is especially good. Thanks turfonline"
"Spent over £350 for turf for my lawn. Two pallets arrived and I laid the turf as suggested on the website. The turf was watered well and the day after it was laid the rolls from the second pallet were already going brown. I contacted turf online who then sent me a generic email telling me how to water grass and ignoring my problem. I have recently asked them to replace the 14 rolls that had died and they have continued to ignore me so be very careful before spending your money. I paid for the best all rounder as well so didn't even go for the cheaper stuff thanks turf online for your terrible customer service"
"I ordered 15m2 of grass and 2 70lts play grade bark. I got 2 bags of 500kg of bark on Friday 23th/06. This 2 massive barks stayed the whole weekend in front of my house obstructing people use the walkway. Someone came and collected the 2 big bags on Monday 26th/06 and didn't leave my 2x 70lts Play Bark. I left a message at your voice mail and got no return. So far I don't have my Play Bark. What's going on???"
"The turf was fine but the delivery was terrible. My wife asked that it be left on our neighbours drive and the aggressive driver refused. My wife said that we didn't want to risk the turf being stolen if left in the road. His response was to intimidate her by getting into her personal space and tell her "not my problem". So instead he blocked the neighbours drive whilst he unloaded and left it in the road. A very different experience to the clearly misleading scene depicted on the website. If you want turf dropped in the road by an arrogant, aggressive, miserable and intimidating caveman then you won't go wrong here"
"What a disaster! I should have read the reviews. Zero customer service. I have ZERO goods and a bill for £560. This company do not read web application orders. I specifically stated that I required delivery by a small vehicle, that the delivery would be over gravel and I needed the turf and topsoil to be deposited near my front door. My order was accepted. An acknowledgment of order was displayed on the screen but no confirmation email. Furthermore, there was there was NO communication from the company saying that this type of delivery was not possible. The delivery was attempted two days later by an independent (local) road haulage company which used an enormous lorry that was too large to manoeuvre onto my drive. The delivery driver had not received any instructions about using a small vehicle and could not unload on to the narrow road, so returned to his depot with the topsoil and turf. I filed the problem on the “Contact Us” website page that night. Expecting a phone call or email the following morning, I waited until 14:30 before telephoning TurfOnline, only to told that the form goes to “a different office” and nobody in Customer Service had seen it! After extensive phone calls explaining the problem, the Operations Manager made the decision that there would be ZERO refund. There was no offer to attempt to resolve the problem with a redelivery using a smaller vehicle. They simply washed their hands of the whole contract. This company needs to align their online ordering system, their communications with external haulage contractors and their Customer Service, which may then result in a positive customer experience."
"Hi paid extra for a 8am to 11am delivery , and had guys on site waiting , delivery didn't turn up on time, !"
We have selected our delivery partners based on service levels and keep this under constant review. Your delivery was placed on a timed option and if this was not met we will refund the additional delivery charge you paid. We apologise for any inconvenience experienced.
"I didn't pay extra to have a time slot for the delivery - but once received, the turf was of an excellent quality and we now have an immaculate lawn."
"Turf arrived on a lorry with no tail lift and no pallet truck. It was under a pallet of boxes squashed and torn. I had to climb in to the lorry and move the pallet myself and carry off 56 rolls of turf with my bare hands."
Turfonline is rated 4.61 based on 1,764 reviews