Turfonline Reviews

contactus@harrowdenturf.co.uk

Harrowden Turf Ltd
Colpmans Farm
Islip

Good quality turf, delivered on time.
Fantastic quality turf and really timely delivery
very good product, knowledgeable staff, very helpful delivery driver, & now its had time to settle in & grow, looks great, full of flowers & wild grass
Laid turf on ground that was rotavated and topsoil put down. Kept watered. Within 2 days it started to go brown and shrunk back leaving gaps. Rung them up. Woman on phone said I shouldn't of bought it as it was so warm and it was my fault. Why sell it then?
Several rolls had torn ends, one roll had to have half thrown away as it was unusable, and one roll had two large holes in. Half or more of the rolls had small pieces of potato embedded underneath, many of which are just beginning to grow through the turf.
I am very disappointed with your company. I booked time off work to lay a lawn. I ordered the turf from your company and paid an additional fee to have the early delivery slot. When the turf arrived the delivery driver asked me "are you ready to have some dead lawn delivered?" The turf was yellow/green, didn't look healthy and the soil was dry, very light in colour. I don't normally complain, unless I have reason, but on this occasion felt this turf wasn't up to my expectations. When I spoke with your customer services I was told to lay the lawn and it will come back - a big gamble to take! - what would have happened if it hadn't taken? I decided to send the turf back with the driver, I then spoke with your company a few hours later and informed "I will not have a refund or replacement. We feel the turf was perfectly fine and we told you to lay it." So the moral of this story is: buy products on line and if you are not happy - tough, except whatever we give you. I now have a garden of soil, no more time off work, no turf to lay and no refund to buy any more turf. Appalling customer service!
Turf arrived very dry on a day it was supposedly cut. Was laid on the same day however after a week the yellowish patches remain and parts of the turf are drying out suggesting they are dying out. A lot of effort was put into preparing the soil which was pre fertilised. Very disappointed to say the least.
Delivery and the orders were very good. But the quality of the turf was not good as this is my second order 4 or 5 rolls of turf was spoilt and not sure it will grow.
Looks absolutely awesome really pleased watered twice a day from laying and did two small cuts 2 1/2 weeks later. Totally recommend and I don’t normally do reviews👍
Turfonline 5 star review on 1st June 2020
We ordered some turf to be delivered on a Friday. That day my wife and I waited inside all day for the delivery driver to come. We understand that turf is a perishable product and needs to be laid immediately. Unfortunately the delivery never arrived. We never received so much as a knock on the door. When we emailed to let them know this we were told that there was 'a problem with the delivery' and that we should get in contact on Tuesday to 'discuss other options'. When I called I was told that the driver 'couldn't get down our street' and couldn't contact us by phone. Our only option would be to buy more turf. And we would not be refunded for turf that we already bought but that, for whatever reason, wasn't delivered. So not only did we waste an entire day waiting for a delivery that never arrived. We are also £140 out of pocket. I can assure you that we will certainly not be ordering turf from this company ever again. And I advise people not to use them.
Ordered wild flowers, looks more wild meadow with plenty of clover. Where are the flowers. Very disappointed. Would never recommend.
Looks wonderful,...thanks so much....I recommend this company, I layed the lawn in the middle of a boiling hot summer, waterered it twice day, this photo was 3 weeks after being laid..💓
Turfonline 5 star review on 16th August 2018 Turfonline 5 star review on 16th August 2018 Turfonline 5 star review on 16th August 2018
Grass was delivered in top condition and only took only 2 days to look like a healthy lawn.
What a disaster! I should have read the reviews. Zero customer service. I have ZERO goods and a bill for £560. This company do not read web application orders. I specifically stated that I required delivery by a small vehicle, that the delivery would be over gravel and I needed the turf and topsoil to be deposited near my front door. My order was accepted. An acknowledgment of order was displayed on the screen but no confirmation email. Furthermore, there was there was NO communication from the company saying that this type of delivery was not possible. The delivery was attempted two days later by an independent (local) road haulage company which used an enormous lorry that was too large to manoeuvre onto my drive. The delivery driver had not received any instructions about using a small vehicle and could not unload on to the narrow road, so returned to his depot with the topsoil and turf. I filed the problem on the “Contact Us” website page that night. Expecting a phone call or email the following morning, I waited until 14:30 before telephoning TurfOnline, only to told that the form goes to “a different office” and nobody in Customer Service had seen it! After extensive phone calls explaining the problem, the Operations Manager made the decision that there would be ZERO refund. There was no offer to attempt to resolve the problem with a redelivery using a smaller vehicle. They simply washed their hands of the whole contract. This company needs to align their online ordering system, their communications with external haulage contractors and their Customer Service, which may then result in a positive customer experience.
The soil came on time. I ordered low fertility soil for a wildflower meadow, but I have to admit that it looked an awful lot like sharp sand. That is fine - after all, it's meant to have few nutrients and I don't mind, but it was just quite expensive for a bag of sand.
Quality turf and is looking great after 3 weeks. So far so good
Turfonline 5 star review on 16th February 2022
Excellent delivery, arrived as expected in quantity and timing. The fertiliser arrived separately from the sedum and membrane, which was a little confusing when delivery messages were received. However, all arrived within the requested time frame. Very pleased with the quality of cover and variety of the sedum mats. My friend and I many passing neighbours stop to enquire what is was that we were laying and thought it was a great variation from the usual grass turf. Looking forward to the sedum settling in and flowering :)
Turfonline 5 star review on 29th April 2021 Turfonline 5 star review on 29th April 2021
Every piece had sharp pieces of flint embedded in it which had torn holes as it had been lifted by the turf cutting machine. Many of the pieces of flint came out as the turf was unrolled but where they were sticking through the turf, we have done our best to remove them but are still worried others remain and will be sharp should we or our children go bare foot on the lawn. We have collected half a large bucket of large stones out of the turf.
Really great service. Arrived on time in the morning and turf was top quality. I was worried about laying on a somewhat gravel surface but it worked so well. Watered twice a day for the first 2 weeks and all turfs established well- looks amazing- thank you
Turfonline 5 star review on 27th April 2021 Turfonline 5 star review on 27th April 2021
My order of the Jubilee turf and Jubilee seeds arrived on the nominated date however, the box of seeds were delivered broken and clearly damaged. It has now been over 2 weeks since I requested a replacement but it has yet to arrive. The turf seemed very fresh upon arrival but has quite a bit of what I believe is annual meadow grass on it, which is disappointing.
Turfonline is rated 4.62 based on 2,824 reviews