Turfonline Reviews

Harrowden Turf Ltd
Colpmans Farm
Islip

Click Here

Tell us how Turfonline made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
G BUNT
"Fantastic quality and excellent service"
S Raymond Batten
"Quality turf had other turf from different suppliers may be some are a little cheaper but I'd rather pay a little more for quality and have happy customers. Sr batten garden care and maintenance."
"Very quick delivery, friendly and the Turf is superb. It looks great as payed it ourselves by eye and a rake to level it. Only thing, delivery driver broke me drain lid. A bit careless but easily done. Very happy with my new lawn though."
"The turf wasn't delivered to the right address by the delivery driver. Fortunately the builders on the site were able to move the pallets with a telehandler, but it was too late to lay by the time it arrived at our house. It was laid first thing the next morning but by that point the turf was damaged from heat stress. Given the very cool weather on the day of delivery and how badly damaged the turf is, I suspect it was cut quite some time before it was delivered. We now have many dead patches in the lawn which need reseeding."
"Poor customer experience. Poor and inaffective wording on your webpage. Ended up paying over £10.00 a square meter. When complained to customer service, no appologies, no interest, no help. Wil NEVER use you again. RIP OFF."
"We ordered some turf to be delivered on a Friday. That day my wife and I waited inside all day for the delivery driver to come. We understand that turf is a perishable product and needs to be laid immediately. Unfortunately the delivery never arrived. We never received so much as a knock on the door. When we emailed to let them know this we were told that there was 'a problem with the delivery' and that we should get in contact on Tuesday to 'discuss other options'. When I called I was told that the driver 'couldn't get down our street' and couldn't contact us by phone. Our only option would be to buy more turf. And we would not be refunded for turf that we already bought but that, for whatever reason, wasn't delivered. So not only did we waste an entire day waiting for a delivery that never arrived. We are also £140 out of pocket. I can assure you that we will certainly not be ordering turf from this company ever again. And I advise people not to use them."
"Very disappointed. The turf was of very poor quality, as the photographs show. Every single roll was crumbling and torn. The lawn looks like a patchwork quilt. When I contacted the company and shared these images they offered to replace the turf three days later. However, I had the gardeners on site, and the turf sitting on my neighbours’ drive and had to go ahead. I asked for a partial refund as the process of laying these damaged turfs took much longer than anticipated and the quality of the lawn is very poor, but I never got a response. This was a very disappointing experience and demonstrated poor customer care."
Hi Edna,

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your turf.

We did respond to your email to ask if a credit for the rolls would be acceptable other than a replacement, however this must not have arrived with you.

We would be happy to refund the rolls for you, if you would like us to go ahead please contact us.

Thank you.
"Wouldn't recommend as quality isn't the best! 3rd order we've had now where the turf has holes in it or it is torn! Makes our company look unprofessional and therefore we may now take our business else where next year."
"Buy from somewhere else. Damaged goods. Poor customer service."
"Bad customer service. Had to chase for a simple query. Turf was damaged when they delivered it and they didn't want to replace nor to refund. Avoid!"
"Ordered wild flowers, looks more wild meadow with plenty of clover. Where are the flowers. Very disappointed. Would never recommend."
"The turf that arrived was scorched and dying."
"Was not given the amount needed to cover my lawn. This was even with the 10% added. Called to see if they would drop another roll off at some point but was told to go to. B&Q. The royal turf is performing well though, even in this heat wave."
"I have always used you for turf because of the high quality, but I was very disappointed with the quality as it was brown and very dry. It looked like it had been sitting around for a while. This caused me conflict with my paying customer."
"Product arrived and looked more like hay when I unrolled it. No response from customer service despite emailing in 3 times with pictures. I've watered it religiously since laying but it's just dead... AVOID."
"Turf arrived on time and was delivered to my garden. Unfortunately upon opening the turf it was extremely dry and brittle, and a couple of rolls broke. After laying the turf only 2 days ago it is going yellow even after regular watering. I could only inspect the visible turf on the pallet, the turf underneath was hidden. I am hoping that I can recover the laid turf. Turf does not appear to have been watered prior to delivery. It is dying rather quickly now."
"Had delivery of turf, which was prompt and arrived in good time. Upon inspection however found a number of pallets with the grass of very poor condition. One pallet the grass rolls I was unable to even lift off without them breaking up. After numerous correspondence the best the company could offer was for me to pay them over £70 for delivery of another pallet. So much for the company moto of 'Caring for our customers & Our pleasure is your satisfaction with the product'. If you order, just hope it arrives to your satisfaction , otherwise expect to pay more for a something you wanted right in the first place."
"We bought turf and topsoil and it was delivered around 3:30pm in Friday. The topsoil was put down and then the turf on the Saturday morning. The turf was dead, black, steaming and had mould inside it. I complained but was told it needed to go down the same day so we have to buy more. I accept that it should go down the same day but suspect the turf had been laying around for a bit longer than normal when sent to us because I have not seen it so bad, within 24 hours."
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your turf. In warm weather at this time of year, turf will heat up and deteriorate very quickly so it's vital that turf is laid on the day of delivery. Please be assured that we always harvest turf fresh to order the day before delivery so it arrives with you in the best possible condition. Extra information about sod heating can be found on our website: https://news.turfonline.co.uk/sod-heating-season-is-upon-us/
"Delivery driver was in such a hurry that he did not want to wait for me to move my car to place my order in my driveway. He basically said he could not wait 30 seconds. He left my order in the middle of my road and drove off. I called the TurfOnline to make a complain and literally told me that is the 'standard service' they always provide and some drivers are under a lot of pressure to make many deliveries in one day. That is the reason that drivers can be often rude. First time I use Turfonline and certainly the last one."
"My complaint relates to your delivery process, in which your driver decided not to drive along the road outside my house on the grounds that it was too small, however, large oil tankers manage this road as do the local authority dust carts etc. etc. As a result I had to pay significant additional delivery charges. Even though these costs were divided I remain very annoyed at the drivers lack of gumption. The turf once delivered was of good quality."
"Absolutely appalling customer service! Delivered damaged turf (the turf had clearly been sitting in their delivery van for several hours on a hot day) and try to put the blame on me even though I had followed all their instructions correctly in terms of rolling out the turfs and laying as soon as the delivery arrived. No gesture of goodwill or refund was offered and I have essentially lost my money! I would advise everyone to stay well away! DO NOT USE!!! WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!!"
Hi Ash,

One of our managers is still looking into this for you, and had promised to get back to you on Tuesday after speaking to our directors.
"Delivery was made next day which it was what I expected. I email customer service as I was charged for a Saturday delivery. Still awaiting response and refund."
"Great grass. terrible customer service. items missing from my delivery, i called on the day and asked not to be charged for it. No refund, I emailed them about this a couple of weeks later. No response."
Hi Tom,

This is very unusual. Could you please email the details of your order to sales@harrowdenturf.co.uk and I'll take a look into this for you.

Thanks.