Turfonline Reviews

Harrowden Turf Ltd
Colpmans Farm
Islip

Click Here

Tell us how Turfonline made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
G BUNT
"Fantastic quality and excellent service"
S Raymond Batten
"Quality turf had other turf from different suppliers may be some are a little cheaper but I'd rather pay a little more for quality and have happy customers. Sr batten garden care and maintenance."
"Very quick delivery, friendly and the Turf is superb. It looks great as payed it ourselves by eye and a rake to level it. Only thing, delivery driver broke me drain lid. A bit careless but easily done. Very happy with my new lawn though."
"The turf delivered wasn’t great- patches and brown !!!"
"I was actually very pleased with the quality of the turf, the soil and the general service. What I was less pleased about, was the delivery driver lowering his loading ramp "into" my tarmac drive way, gouging a hole in it."
"The turf received was brilliant. However there was clearly miscommunication between the supplier and the freight agents used. As stated on the website, turf is delivered with the use of a lift and pump trucks to the kerbside. The freight agent used in this case had neither and was expecting the turf - which was on two euro pallets - to be fork lifted off of the lorry and to be signed for when we were advised that no one need be in to receive it. All in all this created a lot of stress (there was a 15minute window before the driver was leaving should be not sign and unload the turf) and lead to a fairly poor experience in delivery with one of the pallets being broken in the process and four rolls of turf having the start being unusable due to it being ripped."
Thank you for your review of Turf Online. We are sorry to hear that the delivery did not meet your expectations. Having looked into this further with our delivery partner we can see that the delivery was made to your driveway and offloaded with a pump truck and tail lift at around 11.39am. Unfortunately one of the pallets was damaged in transit resulting it it having another pallet placed underneath for unloading.
"Was very disappointed that i couldn't get my turf to turn up the next day after i had ordered it as i thought this was a 24hour next day delivery?"
Thank you for your order and review of Turf Online. We do indeed offer next day delivery for most products but as you placed your order at 3.30pm this was unfortunately after our cut off time for next day delivery. During the checkout process you can see the available delivery days for that chosen product.
"I have purchased Enviromat on multiple occasions. I know winter has just ended but on this occasion it was in a pretty scruffy and unsightly state. A little bit disappointing for my clients considering the price which has risen a lot over the last few years."
"You delivered it a day late. The least you could have done is rang us to tell us it would be late. Bad customer relations."
"I hate being lied to. We purchased over £248 quid worth of turf and a bulk bag of soil on Friday. We didn't need any of the soil after all of our work, however and I checked on your website to see what your returns policy was. https://www.turfonline.co.uk/returns-policy This is the exact language (cut/pasted) from your website returns policy: "1.2 Return of Products at your own cost. 1.2.1 In respect of non-palletised Products (such as sundry Products) you will need to arrange for return to us at your own cost, quoting your order number. Please see paragraph 1.11 for details regarding the methods that you can use to return Products to us. We will not reimburse you for any delivery or other costs that you incur in returning the Products to us. Your relevant order number must be quoted on all returns. 1.2.2 In respect of palletised Products (such as turf) or products which cannot usually be returned by post (such as lawn soil) please contact us and we will arrange collection. You will be responsible for the collection costs which vary by location, but are usually around £50 per pallet or £20 per item." When I spoke to one of your customer service reps this morning, I was informed that not only was this NOT TRUE, but that I would be out an ADDITIONAL 20 quid with absolutely no refund whatsoever! Asked to speak to a manager because she kept talking in circles, and was told he wasn't available. It doesn't cost 100 quid to collect 1 pallet of dirt. I'm extremely unhappy with your customer service. We've taken good care to cover it and make sure it is as exactly as it was when delivered Friday. I called and emailed at 5:30 on Friday to arrange. Called back again Monday and got this rubbish. If you're not going to stick to your own policies and honor it - than at least do your duty and not lie on your website and just say NO RETURNS. Rubbish service."
Hi Jodi,

Thank you for your review of Turf Online.

Some products that we sell are heavy items and as such this directly affects the delivery and collection charge. Topsoil is one of those products.

To provide a speedy and streamlined checkout process the basic delivery charge is incorporated within the cost of the product you see on the site. In this particular case, the collection charge is greater than the actual price you have paid for the soil product and unfortunately this results in an additional payment of £23.80 being required for us to collect this product.

We are more than happy to collect the soil you no longer require for the additional charge, alternatively you can arrange for the topsoil to be returned to us and we will of course credit you with the cost of the actual product which would amount to £32.60.
"I was not happy with the arrangements for delivery. The driver - Perry - was unable to deliver the pallet as the load was too heavy for the equipment he had available. I had to pay for help for the turf to be removed manually from the back of the delivery truck. I felt that Perry behaved professionally throughout the time he was here but was obviously embarrassed at being put in a difficult position. If I had been living on my own I am not sure what would have happened. Maybe you need to look at your Health and Safety Policy and ensure that the equipment is fit for purpose. The turf was good."
"Pre sales support was good and felt comfortable ordering from the company,however on the day of delivery this soon unravelled. I was informed to call if the delivery had not arrived by 14:00,upon doing this I was informed that they would get in touch with driver and then update me. 1 hour and 20 minutes later I still had not heard so called again,I was told they were still trying to get hold of the driver. When I eventually heard back I was told the delivery would be between 16:30 and 17:30 not giving me much time to lay the turf. At 17:00 I was called again to be told the lorry had broken down and could not get the delivery to me so would be delivered before 10:00 the next day,although this was all inconvenient and a waste of me taking annual leave from work I was frustrated however understood these things happen sometimes. When the delivery turned up the next morning I spoke with the driver saying I hope you wasn't the guy who broke down to which he responded "oh is that what they told you,no I didn't". From a quick look at the turf I could see it was drying quickly on the edges and started to go yellow, I asked the driver where the turf had been over night in which I was told it had been kept on the back of the lorry, this went against their own rules of how the turf should be kept and that it shouldn't be left stacked up like it was. The turf was laid before mid day and could see the turf looked patchy in areas, I am not sure if this was down to the quality of the turf or where it had been left against their own care guidelines and started degrading on the back of the lorry. My biggest disappointment was being lied to and the company not ensuring the turf was cared for in transit."
"I ordered the Jubilee turf which I thought would be a better quality than the basic type. When I started laying the turf I noticed that it was brown in places,the cutting of the rolls were inconsistent and one roll was much barer than the rest. I was fortunate that I ordered more than I needed so was able to cut round the poor quality of some rolls. I'm hoping that in the long term things may be ok,we will see. I did complain about the issues and received a refund for half the cost. Having had previous Harrowden turf I am very disappointed in the quality of my recent purchase."
"Never confirmed order still have no paper work"
"Some of the turf were not as green as aspected"
"Paid extra for the Jubilee turf and unfortunately the majority of rolls supplied were different widths, lengths and thicknesses (some had a thick soil base and others had absolutely no soil base) with shabby and torn edges. Generally a really poor quality! This meant the job took longer to lay the turf as we kept needing to mix 'n' match rolls to get it to look half decent plus we had to add extra topsoil to get the rolls to match in height! Just waiting to see if the worst rolls come back to life, otherwise, may need to buy more turf elsewhere and replace."
"the website suggested that i purchase 5% more and then i was delivered 10% more and we had to get rid of 8 rolls!"
"Poor quality"
"thinly cut & poor quality with rips or corners missing. Luckily I had over ordered & have been watering constantly to try to revive turf but wouldn't use again as poor quality compared to other suppliers"
"All of the thin bladed grass has died 3 days after having received it. Despite laying the turf on the same day and thoroughly watering each day. The wider bladed grass is still green and lush. This has left me with at least half a dozen brown patches over my new lawn! We are not happy with the quality of this grass. Also never received a confirmation email confirming payment or time of delivery. So as a result my wife had to take delivery of the heavy pallets and help the driver push them up the kerb with a small child."
"Sent email but no response, asking for assistance. Turf very dry and some parts close to dead. Laid it on day of delivery with plenty of water and pre turf fertiliser. No one has come back to me following email"
"Weed barrier and sprinkler not delivered on same day as turf."
"The delivery arrived on time and the turf was largely in good condition except for a number of patches. I watered the turf daily and it has rooted well but the patches remain. I phoned TURFONLINE and they denied any responsibility as I should have called on the day and any other time is not acceptable. So warning if you have a problem with your turf, call on the day of delivery and maybe they might assist you. I spoke to Lianne who said this is clearly on the website, I have been through all the FAQs and there is no mention of this. Its a shame their customer aftercare is poor as for the most the specialist Shadesman Turf is pretty expensive but worth it if in the long term it survives. You can only really say your turf is a success in a few months time and I realise it is down to you to water regularly etc."
Turfonline is rated 4.61 based on 1,764 reviews