Turfonline Reviews

Turfonline 5 star review on 23rd April 2021
J Siddons
Turfonline 5 star review on 22nd April 2021
A
My order of the Jubilee turf and Jubilee seeds arrived on the nominated date however, the box of seeds were delivered broken and clearly damaged. It has now been over 2 weeks since I requested a replacement but it has yet to arrive. The turf seemed very fresh upon arrival but has quite a bit of what I believe is annual meadow grass on it, which is disappointing.
I've ordered my turf and honestly I'm very disappointed. The only reason I'm giving this review a 2 star and not a 1 is because the turf's quality is absolutely fine. It's the attitude and overall delivery of the product that was absolutely appalling. On the website it wasn't clear what exactly I was getting on my order. I assumed that by m² when I ordered my turf I'll be recieving 16 rolls of turf. Instead, on further inspection, I've received 4 rolls of broken to shred turf. 4 m in total, not 4 m². And I would be fine accepting this as my own mistake if I haven't payed 90£ for the turf, delivery, vat. I work as a carer, I'm limited on my time off so I've asked for the delivery to be made on my day off. My delivery haven't come. I've wasted an entire day waiting for the delivery, no message, no email, no phone call. There was no direct contact I could make to even contact for customer support. After rammaging through the website and online FINALLY I find a phone number. I call the number and finally I'm told the delivery was sent to the wrong location and so it'll be delivered next day. I was not informed of set arrangement. The turf must be planted immediately after its arrival as to prevent it from drying. I work the next day. And the only apology I received is; "It'll be delivered first thing in the morning." I've warned that I can only afford waiting till 12:00. As I have to leave immediately after for work. The delivery arrived at 11:55. The pallet was dropped in front of my house and the delivery driver left. I was late for work as I had to quickly get the turf, the heavy wooden pallet off the road and into my garden. I'm absolutely discouraged and appalled by all of this. Never ordering from here again.
Date set for delivery so had to take day off work. No communication during the day and eventually a short message to say ‘ sorry’ not delivering today. Then had to be available for a delivery the next day.
Order was over a day late and a further item was sent incorrectly.
Three failed deliveries. Wednesday 7th, sent to wrong address. Thursday 8th Van broke down, was not updated until late that evening. Told a fresh delivery would be made Wednesday 14th. Sunday 11th, received a phone call saying the grass would be delivered in 10 minutes. We were not expecting the delivery and had to reschedule our day (This was the old grass from Wednesday). Order was received but not all grass was there. Phoned and told remaining grass would arrive Wednesday 14th. Grass not received, phoned and was told it would be here by 16:30. Did not arrive and couldn't chase as office closed. Grass finally arrived Thursday 15th. This cost us 4 days of holiday and 5 days of just waiting around for the delivery. The grass is good condition & customer services were as polite and helpful as possible but the delivery service was poor at best. Assuming this is just a one off and the grass actually arrives on the scheduled day I would recommend Turfonline. But in my experience I was left pretty disappointed.
My order came with the lid of my grass seed not screwed on properly ! So I lost a lot of seed when I opened package.
Turf arrived on time. For the price I thought the turf was not a good standard - a number of very thin patches. Also slightly short in area ordered which was very annoying.
Turf obviously has an insect problem. Has been down for a week and a half and is starting to take. Until birds have now started taking it up again around where the lawn borders stepping stones and patio. Other than this the Turf seems good quality and delivery was good
Initial order was sent out in error, this was quickly rectified but still frustrating to then have to plan another day to complete the work. Only a small order but some roles were damaged and not to the level I would have hoped. A fair amount of patching up holes was required in order when laying which i didn't expect to have to do.
Paid for delivery before 2.30pm. First pallet arrived at 10.30am then I got a phone call to say the second pallet of turf had been missed and would be with me 2-2.30. Anyway 2.30 came and went and eventually I got a text to say it would now be between 3.30 - 4. I rang to find out what was happening and was told someone would phone me back. I'm still waiting!! Turf eventually arrived at 3:45pm so I had to work late into the evening to get it down . Poor customer service.
Ordered turf with a pre 2pm delivery which I paid additional for. However the delivery wasn’t booked in properly by turfonline, so it turned up at 3.30pm. All I got was a refund for the difference between the standard and the pre-2pm delivery. We’d planned our days work around the turf arriving much earlier, so the mistake was very frustrating. Then to make matters worse the delivery was missing some of the turf. So had to arrange another delivery the next week (which was done free of charge). It’s disappointing that a company selling something so time sensitive can have so many issues with the delivery. We spent a lot of time and effort getting our garden prepared for the turf, so feel let down by this company at the final hurdle.
Paid for a timed delivery between 8.00- 11.00am Phoned by Turfonlline at 9.00am on day of delivery saying my delivery had gone missing and they Could not locate it. Turfonline had no idea where the delivery depot was or even where the delivery hub was located. Advised at 11.00am that the turf kwould be delivered sometime in the afternoon. The turf finally arrived at 4.30pm and was delivered by a begrudging driver. Turfonline refunded the additional fee paid for early delivery resulting laying the turf a day later than they recommended.
Turf of very good quality Several turfs damaged on the pallet during transport Fertiliser ordered with turf was not with delivery and so could not be used before laying
I'm not happy with this product. It's quite patchy and when I complained about it I was told that "the grass is thinner than a turf product to allow space for the wildflowers". After it had grown in it has remained patchy and over the season hardly any flowers appeared. I complained again and was then told that it "is more of a lawn turf with a few flowers in rather than a wild flower turf". The person responding to my complaints was quite polite and responded swiftly but the product is a huge disappointment and based on that I cannot recommend Turfonline.
Having ordered my turf on line45m ,it was delivered via a third party 15m of which I could not use due it being dried out ,thinly cut ,and full of stone
Purchased sedum green roof product. I normally contact the company to try and give them the opportunity to rectify any problems with the service I get but since my last email was totally ignored I feel I have no alternative but to write a honest report. The product came with some bald patches and pink in places. During some dialogue with the company, they agreed that it was due with the product being under distress. Therefore surely it isn’t fit for purpose? Photos were taken and sent but no help was offered. Product has been down nearly a fortnight with still no sign of the product recuperating. Paid a lot of money for this and feel totally robbed. Very unhappy landscape firm
We are disappointed as not all the turf is of same quality.
I have the turf now for 7 days. Watering it twice a day. We have noticed bleached circles (3 cirles per roll with the same distance from each other) on at least 10 rolls that do not show any signs of growth so I am not entirely happy with the product received.
Very dissapointed. I ordered seed and fertilizer for my new turf 10 days ago. I still havent received the order and after paying a heavy delivery fee I was told on the phone that I will am not allowed a refund for the delivery for products that havent arrived.
Turf arrived and was laid immediately was dreadful quality won’t use again
Turfonline is rated 4.63 based on 2,704 reviews