Glotech Repairs Reviews

of reviewers recommend Glotech Repairs
Read Glotech Repairs Reviews

About Glotech Repairs:

We are one of the UK's leading domestic appliance repairers, fixing almost all makes and models of appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, cookers, hobs, fridges, freezers, and more!

Please take a moment to read our customer's experiences and share your own.
We are always contactable by phone on 01727 896 789 or email at repairs@glotech.com.

Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, ,

Tell us how Glotech Repairs made you happy
Not great so far, when I booked the service I made the brand of applicance and fault clear. The engineer could not fix or provide quote for fixing after first visit, 6 Nov, I am waiting for a call back - so far I am £110 less off!
An engineer from Mix Repairs called to look at my fridge hinge. He said both hinges needed replacing (I think only 1 is needed) A young lady rang the next day and said£220 for the repair or could she quote me for a new fridge. I do not need a new fridge. I am prepared to pay a reasonable amount to get the job done but this is not reasonable. A pair of hinges on E bay is less than£50.
I do not want these people in my house again but it seems I have to pay them£80 for this!
Having promised at 12.30 to be with me "in a couple of hours" your sub-contractor arrive at 6.30pm in the middle of supper. In the event, the problem was electrical, and nothing to do with the extractor hood. The engineer could use a little training in customer relations, and was rather brusque and overbearing. It's not my fault that he had had a bad day. (However, his first language was not English so this might have been part of the problem.)
My views are probably coloured by the fact that I had to pay £80 for nothing except for the diagnosis that I needed an electrician!
Good service to send the engineer who diagnosed the problem and that parts were required. From then on no information was forthcoming until prompted by telephone. The request to discuss the problems on the phone was ignored and correspondence was by email only. In the end six days after the engineer's visit, it was decided that no part was available. Had we been told the likely ball park figure for the parts we could have ordered a new fridge freezer earlier which we have had to now do anyway. I would not recommend to others
It’s been 3 days & no quote for new parts plus the engineer said it could another 3 - 5 working days before they can get the parts
Extremely expensive experience.
Very expensive way to learn my fridge was dead. Have learned my lesson.
It was difficult to communicate with the repairman because of the standard of his English.
When I booked the call out, I clearly stated the washing machine model and that the bearings had gone. The service engineer arrived and confirmed the bearings had gone. He also said that it was too expensive to repair. The 15 minute visit cost me £90. Perhaps they could have told me it was too expensive to repair when I booked.
Had to wait an additional day as engineering went sick, and thought the service was very expensive
The customer service assistant who took my call did not come across as being very professional. Very disappointed that even though I explained what the problem was to the customer services assistant, when the engineer who visited, he claimed that it was a popular problem and that I should consider getting a new machine. I spent £71.94 only to be told to get a new machine, even though they already knew what the problem was. Appears to be a rip off to me. Had used the company previously and had no problems. Very disappointed this time!
I made the booking online and selected the date and time that suited me, however the local company that were actually doing the repair called me to then arrange a different date because I was told Glotech 'could not actually see their schedule'. Whilst I was able to arrange another time I fully expected the date and time I chose through the Glotech website to be the actual appointment and not then need to arrange with the local company.

The actual experience with the local engineer was very positive however.
When the engineer came to mend the washer drier he did not run any tests. He only wrote down the serial number to order the parts. When I booked I had said the parts that were needed. I could have given the serial number over the phone. Since the all out the company have continually not got back to me when they said the order the parts and book the time to actually come and repair the machine. A week later it has stil not been fixed. Very frustrating.
Advertised as £59 call out in large numbers - but smaller writing reveals +vat. I should have spotted it but I didn't under pressure of family/work life. Total rip off at that price. Also I noted that the drum in the machine would need replacing on the call out form - the unavoidable cost of this was £261. This is obviously not worth replacing which you would have known from the details I sent. I therefore spent £70 for a call out that lasted less than 5mins. If you did care about customers and them reusing you or recommending you then why not consider a simple phone call to warn that the cost of repair would outweigh the price of a new machine. You may not have made money from me that day but I would have appreciated the honesty and definitely called again when needing repairs.
The repair man sent was polite and honest which is a positive but it was painful to pay him £70 for doing absolutely nothing - money we can ill afford.
Not a fair system for customers. I feel I've been taken for a ride!
I rang Glotech because my Miele washing machine was making a crunching sound on rotation. I had an engineer sent from repair4u. He came ,swirled the drum and said it was damaged. 7 minutes later he left and said could not repair as it needed a new drum. Cost £104 for call out. Later they rang me to say the drum with another small part cost £800! . I ordered a new machine. What I recanted was the paying full call out when he did not repair and left with 10 minutes. They should have charged me for half an hour only. Won't use either company again.
The engineer said new parts were needed but these were not available as the model was obsolete .
Our electrician removed the hob to fit a new one,and then put it back as different fixings are required. Since then the original hob has worked perfectly well.
The compressor you was going to change on my fridge freezer was double the price ,I no there are gas to replace but not that much .
Initially the repair was arranged for the next day, but no one turned up. When I phoned I was told that a message had been left, rearranging for 5 days later (my fault for not picking up the message). The washing machine hasnow just been repaired and I have put my first load on, and there is a rattling noise when it spins. I have phoned and been told the engineer will get back to me, but nothing so far. Will I have to pay again?
It would be wrong to refer to our 'repair', there was no repair. The engineer was fine, called us from his holiday to make appointment etc, no quibbles. It does seem to me, and call me cynical, that you guys could make a lot of calls per day and never repair anything and never order parts. £66 a pop for telling us that the repair would be uneconomical is a great business to be in.

Having said that, I'm also surprised that you don't recommend new appliances, or even sell them.
""This is a bit difficult for me, elements have been good but I have found myself in a difficult situation and have felt a bit trapped despite extenuating and exceptional circumstances, I feel the experience has not taken this into account . I have a Samsung fridge freezer that suddenly blew a fuse and stopped working this was 9 days ago. I checked fuses and plugs etc, to avoid unnecessary cost of calling someone out . I thought your ad said that you work on Saturdays as well, I could be confusing it with a different company . When I tried to book a slot, it said that the next avail would be monday morning , this was subsequently changed by phone by the company you use repairs for you to the afternoon as they said they had made an error.. but no great deal to me, I was hopeful that the freezer would be fixed and life could go on. When I initially called to make an appointment, the gentleman asked me the model no and age, because he wanted to check that stock was available. When he checked that there was for this model , it was then he gave me the appointment . The Electrician. Are out and to be fair he checked everything , he thought at some point it could be my electrics, but then dismissed that after some time and other investigatory work. In the end his diagnosis was that the process control board had gone. I asked when they could come and fit it, he said the office would be in touch bit it wouldn't be til the following day. The unique situation that I am in, is that my parents are here today and my father is diabetic and needs to refrigerate his insulin, then on Sunday I have guests arriving who are paying to be in this property for a holiday let( this is something I have had to do in the short term as I found out I was epileptic last year and could no longer do my job, so it is a means of income ) the guests are coming from Canada and two of them are elderly. Whilst the office was closed I thought I had better check to see what this part was and how much it would cost, so looked on line. I found what I thought was the part. When I emailed the office the next day to find out when they could come , they said it would be 3 to 5 days to Get the part as it had to come from abroad. Even though before booking the appointment the representative checked that you had parts I let them know that I had possibly sourced one , I had not placed an order because I wanted to check with them . they said that if it was the wrong part I would be charged £45 also that the part would not be guaranteed or serviced by them. They would not book an engineer until I had paid for the part. I asked them that as this situation was urgent , if they could give me the part no, this did not correspond with any part no I had researched. It was more like an enquiry reference no . I asked for the sku no, they said they did not have such a no, I asked for the part name, but it was a bit like getting blood out of a stone. With the vague info I had I went back to the company online , I think it was called white-goods.co.uk and they said they had stock (if it was what they thought it was) and your rep said they thought they the pictures looked the same and could ship it that night( this was mow Tuesday I believe. It was also £85 and not £120 which yours is... and unfortunately at the moment I have to consider cost aswell . The choice was, pay more as I was already tied in to working with you or take a risk not with the part as it was also guaranteed but get it done sooner and cheaper But where I wasn't being helped to ensure the part was the right one So I felt obliged to go with you guys and now it's Friday, I understand that you don't work weekends and feel quite upset and stressed that this is still ongoing and i haven't heard anything . I would have thought that excerpting could have been made to tailor and individualise the service to the need. I had also asked if the part could be delivered more quickly by paying a little more for delivery but was advised this was not possible. So no part and I'm sure no hope of n electrician being booked until at least you are in receipt of the part, which means my guests will have no freezer or fridge..I have had to buy a counter tip one.. but it's going to be 2,weeks without being able to refrigerate anything by the he time this is sortedand I'm a bit disappointed to have to pay more for a very slow service.. that's if the diagnostics were correct.. I just don't think it should be this difficult .
Glotech Repairs is rated 4.13 based on 1,465 reviews