Gerald Giles Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Gerald Giles

About Gerald Giles: Gerald Giles is a local independent electrical retailer on Ber Street, Norwich. With over 65 years experience, you can count on them to offer excellent sales advice as well as professional delivery and installation services on all sorts of appliances.

From deciding on a washing machine or dishwasher to keep up with your household demands, to the latest TV's and wireless music systems, Gerald Giles can help.

16-20 Ber Street

How would you rate Gerald Giles?

Good service
Mrs Hands
Verified Buyer

Gerald Giles staff are always very helpful and knowledgeable. They deliver solid advice about the products and the price is invariably as good if not better than elsewhere on the high street. We have bought all our kitchen and white goods from Gerald Giles in the past and their service has been outstanding.
Mrs Clarke
Verified Buyer

Gerald Giles have been extremely helpful We were able to make informed choices following a visit to their Norwich shop (good selection of demonstration models). Excellent service and communications. Thank you.
Mrs Whurr
Unverified Reviewer

I have shopped at Gerald Giles for many years and always found Gerald Giles to be the most helpful, their product knowledge is second to non! I have always found their pricing to be competitive and fair. Plus they are always their at the end of the phone when i have pressed the wrong button on my TV remote!
Unverified Reviewer

Excellent service very knowledgable about products, delivery and installation excellent you have a very good team.
Veronica Black
Unverified Reviewer

Absolutly fabulous service, sound unpressured advise given in a most professional manner.
Delivery and instalation could not be faulted. The two gentlemen even replaced things removed from cupboards in exactly the correct position!
I shall certainly use this company again and recommend them to my friends.
Unverified Reviewer

Very happy with service both in store and with the fitting team.
Mike Fox
Unverified Reviewer

Went in today and spoke to Mike about replacement Miele Dishwasher. He quoted a price and said if I could find it cheaper Gerald Giles would price match. Found it cheaper on a like for like basis, inc free delivery and item was in stock. On phoning Mike back to place my order they would not match the competitors price. I was even going to pay extra for installation and disposal. So now instead of supporting a well known local company, I am forced to buy elsewhere. :-(
To Mr Fox,

Thank you for leaving a review.

At Gerald Giles we are proud of our Price Promise service that we offer our customers.

However, there are occasions when we are unable to offer a price match.

As we are a small local company, sometimes we are not offered the same buying rates as other businesses and although we were able to offer you a better price, on this occasion it was impossible for us to match the same price.

My sincere apologies.

Mark Gook
Gerald Giles Manager
Mr Connor
Verified Buyer

small scatch on front of machine not aligned properly for unit door to be flush
on 2nd visit problem was rectified
To Mr Connor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry to hear that you had damage and an alignment problem to your Bosch washing machine. I understand how frustrating it must have been for you but am glad that these issues were rectified by our installation technician on the second visit.

If you have any further problems or queries with your new machine, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team at Gerald Giles on 01603 621772 and they will be happy to assist.

My apologies once again and I look forward to welcoming you into store again soon.

Kind regards,

Trevor Thomas

Sales Development Manager
Verified Buyer

Customer friendly and very happy to help.
Woodward
Verified Buyer

When it comes to having good customers service our experience with Gerald Giles was superb. From the onset over inquiring about an integrated fridge and freezer we found the level of service excellent, we had been to John Lewis to ask about these white goods but found the level of service and knowledge very poor. GG in comparison could not have been better. They even priced matched both goods agains JL. After deciding to buy the goods we arranged a date for installation and received a phone call for confirmation of the date. On the day a fitter called Lee arrived, he was very polite, informative and gave us really helpful advice not only about using the fridge/freezer but also information on best buys, installation for dishwashers. He was very tidy and clean in his work ethic. We will be going back I am sure.
Verified Buyer

Customer friendly. I felt I was listened to and advised appropriately! Great service!
Unverified Reviewer

Excellent, friendly customer service. Prompt delivery exactly when I wanted.
Verified Buyer

Fantastic customer service! Charles listened to what we wanted and spent sometime finding exactly that! Delivery was prompt by two very nice delivery men, who made sure I was happy with everything before they left. I will definitely recommend Gerald Giles.
Verified Buyer

Service in store was great and very easy the order was taken and delivery agreed . The two guys that delivered were both polite and accurate in positioning my new washing machine and they took the old one way - always trust a local dealer much better service overall than John Lewis
Verified Buyer

They delivery was excellent they delivered my TV on time. I have not opened the box yet so I hope that the TV works fine. Customer service was great too!
Verified Buyer

Quick efficient service and very professional.
Mr T Payne
Verified Buyer

The staff are always friendly and helpful and remember to ask after my family too.
Mr & Mrs Ward
Verified Buyer

Very efficient personal service. Very good deal on a Miele cooker (cheaper than John Lewis). Very helpful post-purchase information service. Couldn't ask for more.
Mr Burns
Verified Buyer

Excellent customer service in store for purchase
Fitters not very helpful Machines not fitted as required They were not prepared to answer any questions & gave the impression they wanted to get away not to help us
After sales leaves a little to be desired We did not receive the chemicals for the Dish Washer which meant it could not be used until they arrived There has been NO personal backup of any sort
This is all very surprising on a purchase of £2700
We came to you because you were Independent with a good reputation !!
To Mr Burns,

Thank you for leaving a review and your patience with this matter.

Further to our conversation last week, I would like to offer my sincere apologies once again on the service you received.

After speaking with our installation team, we’ve realised that on this occasion we have fallen beneath our usual high expectations for customer service and delivery.

As an independent retailer we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and I would like to thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Going forward, we’re implementing new procedures to prevent these issues happening again.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you into store soon.

Kind regards,