Gerald Giles Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gerald Giles
Own Driver, Courier
Read Gerald Giles Reviews

About Gerald Giles:

Gerald Giles is a local independent electrical retailer on Ber Street, Norwich. With over 65 years experience, you can count on them to offer excellent sales advice as well as professional delivery and installation services on all sorts of appliances.

From deciding on a washing machine or dishwasher to keep up with your household demands, to the latest TV's and wireless music systems, Gerald Giles can help.

sales@geraldgiles.co.uk

Gerald Giles 5 star review on 3rd July 2020
Julie Boocock
Gerald Giles 5 star review on 30th June 2020
Julie
Ordered product on 17th Dec - positive for GG was they were offering product at good price - website indicated would be delivered in time for Christmas - on 22nd emailed Gerald Giles to get an update on the order delivery - at this point I was informed product was out of stock - very disappointing - I realise its a very busy time etc but it seemed I was only informed of this issue because of my enquiry -not sure when I would have been informed otherwise - Not sure why they couldnt have let me know as soon as they discovered product was out of stock - i was emailed on the 19th to say product was processed -as it is it leaves very little time to seek a puchase to be delivered on time elsewhere
Hi - we came to you thinking we'd support an independent in Norwich having always bought our electrical appliances from John Lewis. We need a specific fridge size to fit in an existing fridge space. We were replacing a 20 year old Liebherr. Initial contact in your shop was helpful (Alex) and we ended up ordering/paying the only Liebherr that would fit. We were told we'd have this in a week to 10 days. After this we heard nothing and continually had to chase. There was apparently a stock error and there hadn't been one in stock at all. Nobody called to tell us this - I was only told on chasing. Then despite me chasing I didn't ever receive a phone call back until it did actually arrive over a
month later. As it happens we ended up having to delay installation. The fridge is in now and we are happy with it. We were just very disappointed with your customer service and will not use you again. As an independent retailer myself I know customer service is paramount! Such a shame that you obviously don't think so. Jennifer McGreal
Dear Miss Mcgreal,
Our teams work passionately to ensure we give all our customers the best experience when they shop with us. We are therefore very disappointed that you did not experience that with us.

Having spoken to Alex I understand there was some miscommunication with Liebherr so we were given the incorrect information regarding availability, during the pandemic manufacturers have been very reluctant to give exact availability dates, which is understandable, this all impacted your delivery timeframes.

On this occasion, it appears our communications to you with updates fell short of our usually very high standards, we can therefore only apologise for this.

Kind regards
The Gerald Giles Team
The machine did not work and it’s has been 2 weeks since I have been trying to get someone to come sort the problem out and feel like I am getting no we’re
Hi Anam,

We are sorry to hear you have had a problem with your purchase, I will ask one of our team to give you a call to get this resolved as soon as possible.

The Gerald Giles Team
Item arrived very late and broken, radio silence since then. A complaint will be filed with the ombudsman and this will be shared on social media. Poor service.
Ms Cheng,
We are very sorry to hear this. We have your contact details and will call you first thing in the morning.

The Gerald Giles Team
The order process was excellent and despatch fast, I received an email to inform me that the item was been successfully delivered, it had not! I called your company to inform them about the email and that the item had not been delivered to this address, I was told that the item had been successfully delivered to the correct address and it had been signed for by Flannery. I told them that this was not correct and that the time that this parcel was being signed for I was at a Doctors appointment with my son. He said he would look into it. Fortunateley the people where the parcel had been delivered to are honest people and brought the item around, when talking to them they said the parcel had not been signed for. When I called your company back the person who I talked to did not know anything about my previous call, so much for looking into it!!! If it was not for honest people I would be out of the cost of the item and you took the attitude that I was lying about not receiving this item. I would not trust that if I ordered anything from your company that I would received it.
Very bad delivery service the item where I bought they delivered to the neighbour and did not left any notice for me. After two weeks I found my parcel and they just said we will do investigation but never did any thing. I will never to buy anything from Gerald Giles.
Dear Mrs Silanskiene,

We are very sorry to hear that you had a problem with our courier service.

All delivery queries are followed up with our courier company, I can only apologise that you did not get a response and the inconvenience this caused.

Gerald Giles
I keep getting asked for a review but I haven’t bought anything from you.
Hi Mrs Duncan, Looking at our records it appears you purchased some Miele detergent from us online. We appreciate with so many online stores asking for reviews now it is sometimes hard to recall, thank you for your feedback.
Ordered item 20-1. Advised would be delay in delivery. Delay extended. Advised GG to cancel order due to extensive delay. Email back suggesting order could be cancelled. Advised to cancel- no response; escalated to Paypal. It should NOT take 3 contacts to get an order cancelled. Appalling service.
We firstly apologise that we had extended delays with your order, this was due to unforeseen manufacturer delays with Miele. However, your cancellation should have been dealt with more promptly, so for this delay, we again apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Went in today and spoke to Mike about replacement Miele Dishwasher. He quoted a price and said if I could find it cheaper Gerald Giles would price match. Found it cheaper on a like for like basis, inc free delivery and item was in stock. On phoning Mike back to place my order they would not match the competitors price. I was even going to pay extra for installation and disposal. So now instead of supporting a well known local company, I am forced to buy elsewhere. :-(
To Mr Fox,

Thank you for leaving a review.

At Gerald Giles we are proud of our Price Promise service that we offer our customers.

However, there are occasions when we are unable to offer a price match.

As we are a small local company, sometimes we are not offered the same buying rates as other businesses and although we were able to offer you a better price, on this occasion it was impossible for us to match the same price.

My sincere apologies.