Gerald Giles Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gerald Giles
Own Driver, Courier
Read Gerald Giles Reviews

About Gerald Giles:

Gerald Giles is a local independent electrical retailer on Ber Street, Norwich. With over 65 years experience, you can count on them to offer excellent sales advice as well as professional delivery and installation services on all sorts of appliances.

From deciding on a washing machine or dishwasher to keep up with your household demands, to the latest TV's and wireless music systems, Gerald Giles can help.

sales@geraldgiles.co.uk

Gerald Giles 5 star review on 3rd July 2020
Julie Boocock
Gerald Giles 5 star review on 30th June 2020
Julie
After opening an account online where do you actually login there doesn't seem to anywhere on your website.
Smeg pasta roller and cutter set: Money taken for order. There was no acknowledgement and when chased up after 5 days my order was not on the system. Eventually all was reconciled (apparently an issue with Barclaycard system used by GG) and the order was dispatched to arrive the following day. We did receive an order but it was for an incompatible kitchen aid set. We finally received the correct set the following day.
Not too impressed I’m afraid.
Thank you for your feedback Tony. We can only apologise for the delays with the dispatch of your order. There was indeed a problem with the Barclaycard systems which resulted in some orders not coming through to us. Then, unfortunately, the Smeg version of the pasta cutter was sent out in error, again we are very sorry that this error occurred and any inconvenience this may have caused you.

The Gerald Giles Team
The service that you provide is good, however, this was completely over ridden by the extraordinarily bad delivery service
Thank you for your feedback Caroline. We are very disappointed to hear our courier service has not been up to its usual high standard. We will be in touch to establish the problem so we can take action to resolve it.

The Gerald Giles Team
Gerard Giles service is great. Value for money (cheaper than Amazon and quick. Unfortunately as with so much internet shopping the whole experience is let down by the courier. APC apparently delivered my parcel but it hasn't arrived. I think it was actually delivered by Royal Mail as I got a RM card on the day it was supposed to arrive and not an APC one. It's now lost and I'm wasting time trying to locate it between Royal Mail and APC.
Mr Panjwani,

Thank you for your review. We apologise that this has happened. We do not use Royal Mail for our deliveries and APC are excellent, most of the time, so we are sorry to hear that you have been let down on this occasion.

I understand from my colleague that this has now been resolved and your delivery has been rescheduled.

The Gerald Giles Team
I ordered a box of Miele Ultra White which was delivered in good time but it was damp and felt wet, when I opened it the powder was damp and lumpy
Dear Mrs Reynolds,
We are sorry to hear the Ultra-white arrived like this, we will dispatch a replacement immediately.

The Gerald Giles Team
Had to ring dyson up for a new battery because the battery didn’t work when I got the new dyson
We are sorry to hear that the battery was faulty on arrival of your new Dyson. If you had contacted us we could have sent out a replacement, but it is good to hear Dyson have resolved it for you. If you do have any further problems please do get in touch.
small scatch on front of machine not aligned properly for unit door to be flush
on 2nd visit problem was rectified
To Mr Connor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry to hear that you had damage and an alignment problem to your Bosch washing machine. I understand how frustrating it must have been for you but am glad that these issues were rectified by our installation technician on the second visit.

If you have any further problems or queries with your new machine, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team at Gerald Giles on 01603 621772 and they will be happy to assist.

My apologies once again and I look forward to welcoming you into store again soon.

Kind regards,

Trevor Thomas

Sales Development Manager
After demo of several Bluetooth speakers purchased Bose Soundlink mini II. On opening box the only mains plug was a continental 2 pin type. Phoned store to complain and was told you had seen this before and didn't realise still had such stock. Agreed to post a UK mains adaptor (not received after 2 days).
Also found your price was £5 higher than John Lewis - this was refunded. Best to price match up front and check your stock before selling. Not happy!
Good afternoon,

Thank you for leaving us a review.

At Gerald Giles we listen to all customer feedback and take negative reviews very seriously.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the problem with your Bose SoundLink Mini II which you bought from us in-store. Bose had been in contact with our team at Gerald Giles to let us know that some sealed boxes of SoundLink Mini II’s had been delivered to the UK without any three pin adaptors inside. They posted extras to our store and while we thought that we had thoroughly checked through our stock matching them up with the serial numbers which had been given to us, on this instance it would seem your new SoundLink Mini II was missed. I am very sorry that this was the case and personally ensured that an adaptor was posted to you the day after your purchase from us.

Unfortunately we are in a very fast paced industry, and keeping up with daily price changes across thousands of electrical products can sometimes be overwhelming for a small local business like ourselves. At Gerald Giles we are proud of our Price Promise service that we offer. Being able to match prices which are unknowingly lower elsewhere on the day of purchase is something we are pleased to do, but often it will be our customers who alert us to price differences. Sometimes we are unable to price match, but I am delighted that with your purchase we were able to offer the same price as John Lewis.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience which was caused with your SoundLink Mini II and hope that you are now enjoying it’s excellent sound quality.

Mark Gook