Gerald Giles Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gerald Giles
Own Driver, Courier
Read Gerald Giles Reviews

About Gerald Giles:

Gerald Giles is a local independent electrical retailer on Ber Street, Norwich. With over 65 years experience, you can count on them to offer excellent sales advice as well as professional delivery and installation services on all sorts of appliances.

From deciding on a washing machine or dishwasher to keep up with your household demands, to the latest TV's and wireless music systems, Gerald Giles can help.

sales@geraldgiles.co.uk

Gerald Giles 5 star review on 3rd July 2020
Julie Boocock
Gerald Giles 5 star review on 30th June 2020
Julie
1 - Who is Gerald Giles and what did I buy from him? Tell me that and I might be able to respond.
2 - Thank you for letting me know what I bought. This is a Christmas present and I have not yet given it to the recipient so I am unable to comment on it.
Mr Reynolds, you purchased a KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment from us. We appreciate that being an independent retailer our name may not be as memorable as the larger names.

We hope you were pleased with the product and service you received from us.

Kind Regards
The Gerald Giles Team
No mention at point of ordering or payment when the delivery date will be. Great product but over a week to receive it.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Janet, it is much appreciated.

Wherever possible when a product is not in stock, we display the expected new stock date on the website. However in these unprecedented times, stock arrival dates do shift, so we apologise for the delay you experienced on this occasion.

The Gerald Giles Team
The downsides were (1) I received a phone call on a Tuesday asking if we could take delivery within the next couple of hours. I advised that this was not convenient but anytime over the next 4 days would be. I was told that the only slot available all week was the one in 2 hours time. So, we had to change our plans to accept that one. In other words, the delivery was made at GG's convenience, not ours. (2) The adjustable legs on the fridge-freezer are quite flimsy and too short so that we have had to put cardboard under a front leg which doesn't look great.
The upsides: (1) The delivery men were pleasant. (2) The fridge-freezer is OK apart from the legs issue described above.
Thank you for your review. It appears we called you on the same day you placed an order online with us as we had a cancellation, so we would be able to offer you a same day installation if convenient.

We are extremely busy so we were only then able to offer an installation date a week later.

Kind regards
The Gerald Giles Team
Someone forgot to put my paperwork through in the showroom and I had to wait an extra week for delivery. Otherwise very good.
Would be nice if they accept free returns; had to pay £10 to send back.. Nothing to complain about service.,
Right price, right product , well packaged , but delivered to the wrong address and accepted by the occupant at that address!!
I was notified by email that the item had been delivered , which alerted me of the mistake . I had to search the area where I live to trace my item. For your records, my address is: flat 9 block 3 Cypress ave. Sheffield S88BN
Frances Roman.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Frances, it is most appreciated. I am sorry your item was delivered to the wrong address I will ensure our records are updated, and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Gerald Giles Team
The goods took longer to arrive than I'd anticipated, despite lockdown. However I was glad to receive them
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, it is much appreciated. We apologise for any delays you experienced. We have had some supply chain delays, we do endeavor to keep customers up to date with the situation as it unfolds.

The Gerald Giles Team
Communication was good, competitive price, prompt delivery and item just as described.
Dear Mrs Hughes,

It appears you have left a review for an item not purchased from us. You purchased a KitchenAid Food Processor in Almond Cream. We hope you are happy with this purchased.

The Gerald Giles Team
Delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately I was able to locate as I got an email telling me where it had been delivered too.
Unsure how that happened
Thank you for your feedback Mr Parry. We are sorry to hear about the delivery mistake, we will ensure this is feedback to our courier company.

The Gerald Giles Team
Very good, again. Good communication. I misunderstood the 'next day' delivery - ordered at 10am, expected delivery next day - delivery the day after and not in, so took over a week.
I’ve submitted ‘Acceptable’ but I feel it fell slightly below this level but definitely NOT ‘Poor’.
Reasoning is although it was the showroom model, nobody had checked the contents, for example the instruction manual was misssing and also the sample washing caps meaning I had to travel to Norwich to retrieve the manual to enable us to use the washing machine. I still haven’t received an email showing the receipt which is required for registration of extended warranty and most of all enabling me to claim the £200 cash back offer.
Took a while for goods to arrive, when they did they were packaged nicely but in non recyclable materials. Would much rather less pretty more eco friendly packaging. Sorry but I will to be buying from here again.
Having looked at Currys and Amazon we decided to try a local independent shop in order to buy a washing machine. Unfortunately the model we wanted was not on show. The salesman seemed knowledgeable and helpful so we took the decision to make the purchase. We asked how long delivery would take and were ' a couple of days'. This we always felt meant at least two maybe three. We then looked at the TV's on offer and added a new television to the order. Now the total order came to just under £800 pounds when we had only initially considered spending for just a washing machine. Again the salesman seemed knowledgeable and helpful. We left thinking the order would be delivered in the time frame of a couple of days but in reality it took two weeks. We left messages for updates which were not seen through and we had to make chase up phone calls . Finally the delivery took place. The delivery men were polite and helpful and took away the old washing machine which we had already paid for at the time of placing the original order.
Thank you for your feedback Mrs Wright. We apologise that you didn't receive the quality of service that we do strive to achieve. Having looked at our records it appears we had unusual delays with delivery from our suppliers who had difficulties meeting demand after the bank holidays. That compounded with your messages not being passed on internally or followed up, resulted in you not receiving the required communication about your order.

We apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced whilst waiting for your new items to arrive.
Although the TV price was matched to another competitor I would have thought that it would have been fitted free as opposed to just delivery only - especially as this is the 4th TV purchased from Snellings/Giles.

This time I felt the service provided was a little under what normally is provided.
Gerald Giles is rated 4.90 based on 1,824 reviews