Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
Overall pretty good but very disappointing that my fully comp insurance doesn’t allow me to drive other cars and is not an option to add on
The service I received by phone from your representatives was very good. However, the admin costs that I was charged for changes of address were beyond excessive. This is especially so in an age when the changes are made on a computer whilst the customer is on the phone. These charges will ensure that I seriously consider my options at renewal time.
EASY TO DEAL WITH BUT WHEN REQUESTED DOCUMENTS SENT TO ME BY POST HAD NO JOY AFTER BEING TOLD OVER THE PHONE THEY WOULD POST THEM TO ME
Communication is a challenge. Too many phone calls and email reminders after setting up a new policy. Asked for proof of car being garaged but already sent this info
I cancelled my insurance on the 17th of October Mr m hill
Staff were very amenable on the phone. Unfortunately I was charged twice for my insurance which I only picked up because I checked my credit card transactions. This was quickly resolved.
Still waiting for policy to come, ask you to send me the policy in the post
Competitive pricing but too many emails when buying insurance
another years no claims, car worth less and still the premiums go up???
Continually receiving emails for proof of NCD, having already supplied said documents, and the live chat line is a waste of time.
Never had a claim with them, so nothing to feedback on there, but I feel I must mention the issues I faced when taking out the policy. I filled in my details, got a quote and took out a policy online for my motorhome directly via the Performance Direct site, with my insurance selected to start immediately. Despite having a confirmation email, unfortunately it appeared that on checking the MIB database that my vehicle was not insured for at least a week, until I had gone through the entire quote again over the phone with a staff member. It begs the question, why fill all the details in online if it must be done again over the phone to confirm it? The staff themselves were very helpful and fine to deal with, no issues there, but it was a huge waste of time to have to go through all of my details twice, for no apparent reason. The reason I took out the policy online (as I've done with many other insurance policies with other insurers) is to avoid having to make a phonecall in office hours, something that is not easy due to my job. I'd probably have gone elsewhere had I known this to be the case. I'd urge Performance Direct to re-evaluate this procedure, or at the very least make potential customers aware that this is the case at the very beginning of their quote.
Good competitive insurance. Very difficult to get hold of on the phone. Took many hours and several occasions of being on hold to get through to anyone.
I don’t know. Great service to sign up, but what will they be like when it comes to renewing. Was the great price just a lure as seem to be so common amongst insurance companies? We shall see in a years time! (Hopefully I won’t need to make a claim)
Renewed my insurance without a phone call to run through the policy with me... expected to log in and do it all through there, not once did I agree to it but still renewed the insurance. The policy is competitive but no idea level of cover. So a phone call will be made to discuss the above. A phone call from your company would’ve been better than countless emails....
It seems to satisfy the basic functions, but luckily I have had no need, so far, to perform or request any further service. My electric car premium is scarily high, but by 2030 or so, premia will have cooled down to 'normal' levels as they become the 'norm' in lieu of the 'exception'.
Pretty good but they will keep charging admin fees with any change to your policy and even worse dreadfull automatic renewal without asking you etc. Complained and were refunded though no problem .
price rise was a shock,
They wanted to charge me over £50 to cancel my policy within the 14 day cooling off period. Not fair I think?
Generally good, but there have been seemingly repeat e-mails which is confusing. No acknowledgment of the receipt of the agreed valuation and photos.
I have called and emailed asking if you have received my no claims proof and I have still had no reply. Customer service is poor at getting back to you.
Performance Direct is rated 4.13 based on 829 reviews