Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
Still waiting for a response after many requests. Be interesting to see how they dealt with things if they needed something from me!
Awful. Would not recommend.
Useless. Passed around from pillar to post , with each person passing the buck!
Cheap for a reason...incapable!
I took out a policy at the beginning of December 2020. Since then I have been receiving daily automated calls from PD. Despite at least 4 requests to cancel the daily calls they still continue. Please cancel immediately.
you are soo presumptious . You automatically renew an insurance policy with no interaction with the client. The renewal quote is ALWAYS ludicrous compared to other companies.
NEVER AGAIN
My money was taken from my card without my consent..would never use your company again
Paid a deposit and then had troubles activating the policy. They refunded less than half the deposit as over £50 for an admin fee and then took another large amount for a “discount” they apparently wanted back. Never use this broker, if they scam this money from a deposit then I have no doubt they argue any claim made.
Was told I cancelled the banking details with my bank so they were cancelling the policy after 1 month but broker could do it cheaper !!
Nightmare to renew car insurance. Made to jump through numerous hoops. Your site would not accept photos ( 18 different ones ) of driving license etc. Sent several emails over the course of many days with no response. Phoned - waited one hour and seven minutes to be told they did not deal with this and I would have to be transferred. I hung up. I wasted nearly a day on trying fill in the further information you required after having received my renewal details - same as original proposal - and my payment. Never again !!!!
I was disappointed with Grove & Dean's customer support during my previous years insurance so specifically wanted to find a better one. I was extremely upset to find Grove and Dean on my bank statement direct debit when my payment was taken from my bank.
Absolutely terrible, Worst Insurance Company I have ever dealt with. They bombarded me with e-mails telling me to contact them "URGENTLY" but every time i called, I was on hold for sometimes more then an hour. I e-mailed the Customer Services but never got a reply, then you cancelled my Insurance and still have not refunded me. Appalling, unprofessional and un-helpful.
Shocking 'Performance' from Performance Direct.

I have sent multiple emails requesting proof of NCD relative to my now expired policy. No response or acknowledgement received.

I called your company and spoke with one of your team. I provided an alternative email address and I was promised that the NCD would be emailed to both of my email addresses and posted out. Again.....nothing!

I have had to call my current insurer to have the deadline for exhibiting the NCD extended as they are threatening to cancel my insurance and also charge me for their administration in doing so.

All of this is completely unnecessary had Performance Direct met their obligations to release the proof of NCD. The lack of attention to this is quite simply shocking and I cannot understand why this is apparently so difficult.
Had to ring to 'validate' details. No other insurance company insists on this. That's why people do it online instead on by phone. Only thing is, you ring and get put on hold forever. The guy I spoke to sounded like it was his last day at the company. Also you get threatened with cancellation (with a fee) if you don't validate it by phone. 6 phone calls in total, with me eventually hanging up. Just when I thought it was done, a random payment of £90 came out, against my "outstanding debt". I haven't got the will to ring the work placement lad working from a stationary cupboard which they call customer service. I agreed to pay £20 a month for van insurance. That was my contract. I will never use this company again. It's been a pure ballache. I have made a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman, and also to the relevant comparison sites. Apart from that though, yeah, spot on.
One of the worst if not the worst customer service I have experienced in a very long time. Not only members of staff at your company can't be bothered to read their clients' emails but also have the nerve to be rude and patronising when spoken to. Breakdown of items to be paid in the policy are very chaotic and unclear and when I asked for explanation I was being spoken to in a patronising manner and things weren't explained to me properly. I will deffinitely not reccommend this company to anyone.
After the added premium I realized it didn’t include doc benefit so I needed to cancel and I accept the 55 fee but after that I have been charged around 150 for 6 week of cover , almost double of the original quote/premium
I got some insurance details wrong when I input them. Having paid for the policy, I realised my error the day before the policy commenced. I spent over an hour and a half on the phone to amend the details, being transferred to 4 different operators before finally being told that as we had just passed 5pm, the underwriting dept. had closed...I started the call at 3:15pm.
The only option given to me was to cancel the policy, for which they charged me £30.
Had the first 3 operators been any good, my call would have been complete by 4pm, before the underwriting dept finished and I would have not been charged £30 to cancel prior to my policy even commencing.
Terrible customer service...I'm now with Bennetts who could not have been more helpful.
Will never deal with your company again
Thanks for telling me about policy details after I had paid rather than before. I told you I would not accept those conditions that you hadn't mentioned before you took my money but you took it anyway. Then you charged me a massive amount anyway. Worst of all, all this was prior to the time on risk date . COVER HAD NOT STARTED AND YOU WERE NEVER ON RISK. You have contravened distance selling law but the least I have to do with you suits me better than a prolonged hassle.
Horrid attitude by the lady who answered the phone and vert doggy ways to concel the fact that you send customer Details - who chose to pay via DD - over to A finance company so that you can get your premium in full upfront and placing those customer on a finance agreement behind their own knowledge; I was personally harassed and rang several times at day and receiving an email a day by the company that you sent my details to provide my bank details as well as my card details in order to finalise the financial agreement which you entered without my consent and/or my knowledge as you simply done it.
Scam, crooks, god knows what else and who else you have handed my personal details to and what for!!! Absolutely scam of hearth and disgraceful business conduct.
Poor customer service, very expensive quotes, lowest of the low in cover
Performance Direct is rated 4.11 based on 768 reviews