Performance Direct Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
"Having renewed my car insurance, I made a mistake in my years of NCD. I thought I had 6 but only had 2. My premium was going to double as a result of this, I went online and renewed with another broker for less than I had originally been quoted!"
"unprofessional, rude, incompetent, dishonest, lazy. After 5 calls (I waited in excess of 15 minutes each time) spoke to Gavin who promised to correct the errors on the certificate of insurance but did nothing. If you wish me to be more specific I will send the draft letter of complaint that I compiled before cancelling the policy altogether."
"Disgusting company. Tried to deny my right to cancel within 14 days. You will not flout consumer laws !!!!!"
"Poor customer service, didn't respond to requests."
Hello

Thank you for sharing your feedback and bringing this to our attention.

Please feel free to visit www.performancedirect.co.uk and submit a feedback form found in the Existing Customer menu where a dedicated team will then investigate any concern you raise.

Kind regards

Performance Direct
"Told could not insure my new car with current providers with you, when transferred told could not help as system down no offer to ring me back, awful service will take my business else where."
"Totally rubbish customer service, failed to cancel my insurance and charged me for a full years insurance on a car I didn't have after being told to cancel it. When the mistake came to light they failed to call me back, will never use them again"
"Received e-mail thanking us for renewing insurance without any prior information regarding costs or terms and conditions. We contacted to complain and got passed around from pillar to post. Very unprofessional experience."
"Send renewal information out by e mail which is inaccessible to the policy holder. Who knows why?"
"Not interested, just wanted to take the money, no customer care at all"
"I spent 2 days being put on hold for 30-60 minutes at a time chasing a quote (that i was given on go-compare, £45 cheaper than your own quote!) If I didn't have a refund to come back from yourselves I would have gone with another company. Shocking!"
"Renewal quote nearly £100 more than going direct to insurer or through comparison site so cancelled renewal, was advised by Performance Direct to cancel direct debit which I did only to be threatened by their finance company. Complained to finance company who said they would review their policy but were unable to confirm any action taken as their policies are confidential, will not be using either of these company's in future and will be passing this info on to friends and relatives"
"Please, please stop spamming me."
"Very disappointed. Automatically renewed without receiving a reduction in premium. Tried to get a reduced installment to stay with provider. However, was told 4 days outside period. And further will be incurred to stay, agreesive and inappropriate behaviour... Therefore have been forced to put up and shut up..... Not happy at all"
"Not enough information on renewing policy"
Hi Tracey

Thank you for sharing your feedback and sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your renewal.

Please visit www.performancedirect.co.uk and submit a feedback form and any concerns will be investigated by a dedicated team.

Kind regards

Performance Direct
"Why is my renewal more expensive than last years payment? Another extra year's no claims. And the obvious depreciating value of the car. Please explain."
"Very competitive price. Very helpful on the phone. Very impressed!"
"Very annoyed about adding a named driver to policy"
"You offered insurance for my vehicle at what seemed a reasonable price until you added all these extras not impressed I hope other people do not fall in to your trap"
Hi Simon

Thank you for sharing your experience and bringing this to our attention. I have raised this with our customer liaison team who will look into the concerns in your review.

Performance Direct
"I was informed via email at about 18.50 on Thursday 27 May that my policy was automatically being renewed,on 29 may, there mail didn't give any information about the card that payment was being drawn against, neither the option to decline. I discovered that the funds were taken from my bank account, after several e mail I was advised that the monies were being refunded. I thought these dodgy practices were a thing of the past, obviously I was mistaken. Andrea Williams"
Hi Andrea

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will investigate this with the relevant team today.

Hi Andrea

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and bringing this to our attention.

I have looked into this with our Client Liaison team and can confirm the renewal notice, sent 20 days prior to renewal, confirmed we would automatically renew the policy.

This is due to continuous insurance enforcement legislation.

Your refund was then processed following your advice that you did not wish to renew the policy.

I hope the above helps to reassure you, however if you require further assistance, don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct
"AVOID Extremely unprofessional ‘Company’ (found on go compare) insist you contact to confirm details, or policy will be cancelled. Cancellation fee of £55 Guess what...you can’t get get through, email bounces back from THEIR link. Also attempted to take payment TWICE. Phone call made (within 3 hours)to cancel procedure (which isn’t valud until you confirm your details-their request) & I’m being charged £55 for cancelling a policy which was never started???"
Hi Sarah

Thank you for sharing your experience and bringing this our attention.

In order for our team to look into this please update your review with a valid reference policy number.

Without this, unfortunately I can't trace you and offer any further comment.

If you prefer, we also have feedback forms on our website www.performancedirect.co.uk that can be filled in and are sent directly to a team to assist with queries. These forms are under the 'Existing Customer' tab.

Performance Direct is rated 4.20 based on 431 reviews