Performance Direct Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
"Totally rubbish customer service, failed to cancel my insurance and charged me for a full years insurance on a car I didn't have after being told to cancel it. When the mistake came to light they failed to call me back, will never use them again"
"Received e-mail thanking us for renewing insurance without any prior information regarding costs or terms and conditions. We contacted to complain and got passed around from pillar to post. Very unprofessional experience."
"Send renewal information out by e mail which is inaccessible to the policy holder. Who knows why?"
"Not interested, just wanted to take the money, no customer care at all"
"I spent 2 days being put on hold for 30-60 minutes at a time chasing a quote (that i was given on go-compare, £45 cheaper than your own quote!) If I didn't have a refund to come back from yourselves I would have gone with another company. Shocking!"
"Renewal quote nearly £100 more than going direct to insurer or through comparison site so cancelled renewal, was advised by Performance Direct to cancel direct debit which I did only to be threatened by their finance company. Complained to finance company who said they would review their policy but were unable to confirm any action taken as their policies are confidential, will not be using either of these company's in future and will be passing this info on to friends and relatives"
"Please, please stop spamming me."
"Very disappointed. Automatically renewed without receiving a reduction in premium. Tried to get a reduced installment to stay with provider. However, was told 4 days outside period. And further will be incurred to stay, agreesive and inappropriate behaviour... Therefore have been forced to put up and shut up..... Not happy at all"
"Not enough information on renewing policy"
Hi Tracey

Thank you for sharing your feedback and sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your renewal.

Please visit www.performancedirect.co.uk and submit a feedback form and any concerns will be investigated by a dedicated team.

Kind regards

Performance Direct
"Why is my renewal more expensive than last years payment? Another extra year's no claims. And the obvious depreciating value of the car. Please explain."
"Very competitive price. Very helpful on the phone. Very impressed!"
"Very annoyed about adding a named driver to policy"
"You offered insurance for my vehicle at what seemed a reasonable price until you added all these extras not impressed I hope other people do not fall in to your trap"
Hi Simon

Thank you for sharing your experience and bringing this to our attention. I have raised this with our customer liaison team who will look into the concerns in your review.

Performance Direct
"I was informed via email at about 18.50 on Thursday 27 May that my policy was automatically being renewed,on 29 may, there mail didn't give any information about the card that payment was being drawn against, neither the option to decline. I discovered that the funds were taken from my bank account, after several e mail I was advised that the monies were being refunded. I thought these dodgy practices were a thing of the past, obviously I was mistaken. Andrea Williams"
Hi Andrea

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will investigate this with the relevant team today.

Hi Andrea

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and bringing this to our attention.

I have looked into this with our Client Liaison team and can confirm the renewal notice, sent 20 days prior to renewal, confirmed we would automatically renew the policy.

This is due to continuous insurance enforcement legislation.

Your refund was then processed following your advice that you did not wish to renew the policy.

I hope the above helps to reassure you, however if you require further assistance, don't hesitate to let me know.

Performance Direct
"AVOID Extremely unprofessional ‘Company’ (found on go compare) insist you contact to confirm details, or policy will be cancelled. Cancellation fee of £55 Guess what...you can’t get get through, email bounces back from THEIR link. Also attempted to take payment TWICE. Phone call made (within 3 hours)to cancel procedure (which isn’t valud until you confirm your details-their request) & I’m being charged £55 for cancelling a policy which was never started???"
Hi Sarah

Thank you for sharing your experience and bringing this our attention.

In order for our team to look into this please update your review with a valid reference policy number.

Without this, unfortunately I can't trace you and offer any further comment.

If you prefer, we also have feedback forms on our website www.performancedirect.co.uk that can be filled in and are sent directly to a team to assist with queries. These forms are under the 'Existing Customer' tab.

Performance Direct
"I am another customer who was treated to a revised quote following a telephone call. Similar to others on this site a £350 additional premium and then despite the insurance not being active they charged £55 for returning my money. Its a nice earner they have my money for 5 days and charge me for the privilege without providing any service. I read the negative reviews before going ahead with the purchase but unfortunately ignored them - to others reading this please do not make the same mistake. This company is associated to another provider with similar reviews on GoCompare so beware and avoid"
"I'm another customer who has been caught with a £55 cancellation charge within minutes of buying a car insurance policy. During the telephone confirmation they found a need to correct the given info which they said would need a requote. After several minutes they came back with a 'best-they-could-find' quote of ANOTHER £250! That's on top of the £200 I had already paid them. I decided to cut my losses and say no thanks. I went back on to Money Supermarket and got a very competitive price using the corrected info."
"FRAUDS I made a payment online to confirm car insurance with performancedirect.co.uk. on GoCompare - in order to confirm it they sent me an email with a number to ring. when I eventually managed to get through to them they told me one of the items I had noted on the form was incorrect (for a parked garage) they said this meant I would need a different insurance policy and I asked them to get me another quote they said the only quote they could get was £2000!!! the initial quote was £316. They then told me they would charge my card £50 for making the mistake on the form (stating my car was in a garage - which it is and other insurers accept) because I did not want to go with the £2000 insurance. This is clearly a rip off service never in my life have I had this experience with an insurance company. This is fraud!!! BE CAREFUL Edit"
"Wished I had read some of the reviews before I used them, as when I wanted to change my insurance to another vehicle they quoted me an additional £158 for the remaining term which is about 8 months or £50 to cancel. I told them it was daylight robbery and canceled, I went on line and got 12 months insurance for £182. Do not use this insurance company."
"Very argumentative and unhelpful staff. Very rude and made a lot of charges that I eventually argued down to a smaller figure. Not at all happy with their service. Avoid at all costs."
Performance Direct is rated 4.24 based on 391 reviews