Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
Tryed to cancel my insurance many time because there staff don't send out letters for milage declaration when they say they did quite annoying to say the least... Few of staff were OK but half of then need training
Not very pleased with your service, your attitude and the way you handle my insurance.
Was not straight about my refund, made me wait ages and told me would be in my bank then sent me a cheque along time after me calling you repeatedly.
was going to cancel my insurance if i did not log in online.
I could really go on with more issues with your company!!!!!
Sorry but its true.
I agreed the policy on about the 2nd November, still haven’t got the actual policy document. I have emailed 6/7 times (and phoned) requesting it or access to my online account so I can get the document myself, still haven’t got it a month later. Surely this should be the most basic of things an insurance company does - issue an insurance policy document??!!
Not too happy because the initially quoted price changed 3 times and I had to confirm the quotation twice
Not impressed. Service was responsive rather than pro active. Told they could not send emails and then followed up with emails threatening to cancel my policy a week after the requested information had been sent in.
Long winded phone call going through everything filled in online took an entire lunch hour and didn't finish everything! Would not recommend as still not 100% sure policy is in place!
Received 4 missed calls over two days when I clearly stated I wasn't able to take calls during office hours, when I rung back I was told "no idea why you have been called"
No reply to two emails I sent on the 16th June, a month later still nothing.
Errors on my policy, one sorted and no apology for the error. The other errors I was told "not important" so today they are still wrong.
All in all pretty poor, low premium yes but poor communication and lack of apologies for errors... some of which never sorted.
The Great price advertised on comparison sites was never actually available. Still best price but admin is hard work. Different email addresses for different documents and finding those documents wasn’t easy.
Each renewal time you quote an excessive price which you then reduce once I call to discuss. Why waste my time and yours. Just offer me a sensible annual increase percentage first off.
Went on line to retrieve my policy details to print off but try as I may no way could I get on line e-mailed to ask for a hard copy by post but nothing to date !!
The price is good and service is quick to answer.

But I was harassed to provide proof of employment despite the fact I was furloughed on lockdown which made it harder to get the documents.

If I'd have known this before hand I'd have simply gone elsewhere.

I don't think it was a fair we to treat Me. I had to make several phonecalls which wasted hours of my own time to get the documents.

If I'd had more time, I could have gotten the documents without wasting so much time.
I got a great price on a new policy so paid for it there and then. Somehow they ran on an existing policy so ended up with two policies on the same car. They did refund me for the extra policy after I phoned them. Maybe scrapping the automatic renewal would be a good idea? Or having a more efficient data base which can tell them if they are insuring the same car twice.
Not impressed with the service provided, no notification of renewal amount sent, money taken from account. Will not be renewing.
Very complicated to get insured.
Endless questions and fell hastled.
Not all but some have come across rude on the phone
Non transparent cancellation fees. Beware you get charged by Performance and heavily by the insurance company too. Beware.
1st year was brilliant but my renewal was a ridiculous quote, I explained where I was parking my motorhome but they disagreed saying it was on the road, even though it's a close and designated parking.
Staff I dealt with on the phone were unhelpful and unfriendly.
Customer service need to improve.
They promise to call back but this never happens.
Looks like customer care is not a priority for this booking agent.
Policy not flexible enough so wouldn’t insure again.
Hi Denise

Sorry to see that you have been left feeling this way, this is not the level of service that Performance Direct aim to maintain. Please feel free to submit a feedback form found in the Existing Customer menu on our website where your concerns can be confidentially investigated.

Kind regards

Emma
Performance Direct
Flash back to 80's service
Applied via quidco-
Apparently insured, but they speak to me before documents released ???
Took around a month for them to get in contact then had to check though details on phone that Id already provided wasting time
Then asked for proof of no claims - so faf trying to track down proof from previous insurer
Come on.....insures have been sharing info for years the best take the work off the customer
Why is taking out car insurance so long winded and difficult! We have had to provide all information 3 times, before we even got anywhere. Not impressed.
Performance Direct is rated 4.12 based on 787 reviews