Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
I am another customer who was treated to a revised quote following a telephone call. Similar to others on this site a £350 additional premium and then despite the insurance not being active they charged £55 for returning my money. Its a nice earner they have my money for 5 days and charge me for the privilege without providing any service. I read the negative reviews before going ahead with the purchase but unfortunately ignored them - to others reading this please do not make the same mistake. This company is associated to another provider with similar reviews on GoCompare so beware and avoid
FRAUDS I made a payment online to confirm car insurance with performancedirect.co.uk. on GoCompare - in order to confirm it they sent me an email with a number to ring. when I eventually managed to get through to them they told me one of the items I had noted on the form was incorrect (for a parked garage) they said this meant I would need a different insurance policy and I asked them to get me another quote they said the only quote they could get was £2000!!! the initial quote was £316. They then told me they would charge my card £50 for making the mistake on the form (stating my car was in a garage - which it is and other insurers accept) because I did not want to go with the £2000 insurance. This is clearly a rip off service never in my life have I had this experience with an insurance company. This is fraud!!! BE CAREFUL
Very argumentative and unhelpful staff. Very rude and made a lot of charges that I eventually argued down to a smaller figure. Not at all happy with their service. Avoid at all costs.
Not impressed with the service provided, no notification of renewal amount sent, money taken from account. Will not be renewing.
Had a great quote from this company, paid in full. When they eventually called me to check my details they then told me I would have to increase in mileage at a cost of £251! I explained I had 2 cars in the household and where previously my wife used my car, she wouldn't now.
They wouldn't listen and I was told if i didnt pay the extra they would cancel my insurance and then whenever i get insurance out for anything i would have to declare that i had insurance cancelled! So my other option were to pay or cancel it myself and be charged cancellation fees! Ridiculous...trapped! I cancelled, lost money but still a saving on what they wanted extra! Why let me take out and pay in full in the first place and the try to force me to make an extra payment of £251! maybe £50, I wouldn't of minded!
DO NOT TAKE CAR INSURANCE WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!
never buy any products from them, a scam
Non transparent cancellation fees. Beware you get charged by Performance and heavily by the insurance company too. Beware.
I will never insure with this company ever again
Hi Paul

I am disappointed to read your review. Please feel free to submit a feedback form on www.performancedirect.co.uk and any concerns can then be investigated.

Kind regards

Emma
Performance Direct
AVOID AT ALL COST
Performance Direct increased the initial quote by more than £200. Once purchased we moved to a different postcode and PD wanted additional £200. we cancelled the policy expecting a refund of at least £170 (which included deduction of admin fees and 20% off premium , which is a rip off in itself) but were told by Emma (extremely rude individual) that as it is a classic car, the underwriter is keeping the full premium. This is not stated anywhere in Performance Direct T&Cs which were issued to us. Performance Direct agreed to refund £13 which is a joke.
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID. Bunch of cowboys and scavengers.
They have recently cancelled two policies now I'm stuck with two debts by default which I don't need.

After selling one car they wouldn't cancel my policy and so I was left with the remainder of the balance to pay off, really helpful!!

This has happened in succession and being out of work currently this has put me in an awkward position, in future I'll go elsewhere for my classic car insurance, I'd rather pay more than be stuck with a policy I no longer need, they really adhere to the customers needs, NOT.

I've used them on and off for years no loyalty for returning customers what so ever really angry right now, that's an understatement.

The customer relations officer was useless and she achieved nothing I will escalate this matter further, I remain unsatisfied.

I've just found they have blocked me on Twitter how childish the truth hurts does it? I noticed on here I'm not the only one who has been left liable for the remainder of the policy how disgusting!!!

I'm going to highlight this further it's wrong to rip so many people off.

Im not the only person this has happened to, look at the review sites and google the company this is widespread and you could be next...
I wanted to insure my 'leased' van. I received quote via comparethemarket.com- performance direct was my second choice. Details given to performance direct were as per details given to comparethemarket.com. My first choice, returned my deposit as they did not have a cover for leased van for short term. My second choice, performance direct, based on the same material fact given to comparethemarket.com and to the first choice, also couldn't start a policy due to the 'lease' aspect, but decided to clear my bank account for their fraudulent claim for cancellation and admin fees! That was done some 10 minutes after my online payment as deposit AND before even a policy was written or set up! It took just that 10 minutes for them to steal my money! Needless to say that the matter is in the hands of Financial Ombudsman now!
Performance Direct and your parent company Grove& Dean, your are fraudsters and theives!
Stay clear of these jokers worse insurance company out there modern day thiefs !!
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
Had to ring to 'validate' details. No other insurance company insists on this. That's why people do it online instead on by phone. Only thing is, you ring and get put on hold forever. The guy I spoke to sounded like it was his last day at the company. Also you get threatened with cancellation (with a fee) if you don't validate it by phone. 6 phone calls in total, with me eventually hanging up. Just when I thought it was done, a random payment of £90 came out, against my "outstanding debt". I haven't got the will to ring the work placement lad working from a stationary cupboard which they call customer service. I agreed to pay £20 a month for van insurance. That was my contract. I will never use this company again. It's been a pure ballache. I have made a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman, and also to the relevant comparison sites. Apart from that though, yeah, spot on.
Continually receiving emails for proof of NCD, having already supplied said documents, and the live chat line is a waste of time.
One of the worst if not the worst customer service I have experienced in a very long time. Not only members of staff at your company can't be bothered to read their clients' emails but also have the nerve to be rude and patronising when spoken to. Breakdown of items to be paid in the policy are very chaotic and unclear and when I asked for explanation I was being spoken to in a patronising manner and things weren't explained to me properly. I will deffinitely not reccommend this company to anyone.
I got some insurance details wrong when I input them. Having paid for the policy, I realised my error the day before the policy commenced. I spent over an hour and a half on the phone to amend the details, being transferred to 4 different operators before finally being told that as we had just passed 5pm, the underwriting dept. had closed...I started the call at 3:15pm.
The only option given to me was to cancel the policy, for which they charged me £30.
Had the first 3 operators been any good, my call would have been complete by 4pm, before the underwriting dept finished and I would have not been charged £30 to cancel prior to my policy even commencing.
Terrible customer service...I'm now with Bennetts who could not have been more helpful.
Competitive and efficient
Total rip off take your money then immediately try and fault find on you to extract more money and cancel your policy without telling you
Quick to answer phone and more cheaper than others to insure my car and got renewal cheaper than last year, no issues at the moment but do read your insurance policy carefully as some missing wording can invalidate it as i had spotted but they had sorted it out when i called back to point it out.
I got a great price on a new policy so paid for it there and then. Somehow they ran on an existing policy so ended up with two policies on the same car. They did refund me for the extra policy after I phoned them. Maybe scrapping the automatic renewal would be a good idea? Or having a more efficient data base which can tell them if they are insuring the same car twice.
Performance Direct is rated 4.13 based on 725 reviews