Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
customer service
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
According to the website the coffee creams should be fondant when in fact they are more of a truffle and not very coffee tasting at all. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback and sorry you were disappointed with the taste of the chocolates. The centre of the chocolate is a sugared cream rather than a ganache which is why we describe this on the website as a fondant. We will, however, pass on your feedback on the coffee taste to our chocolatier.
Friars
Expensive and not noticeably better than M an S equivalent.
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, the Asbach Brandy Liquers are a premium brand and the price reflects. We do our best to keep all our prices competitive.
Friars
Ordering and delivery very good and uncomplicated. Fairly good taste-wise. A little disappointed with the quality of the chocolates themselves. Filling bland and at a cost of over £1 (inc postage) per chocolate I would have expected something better. Have had superior quality from other sources.
Hi,
Thank you for your review, sorry you were disappointed with the taste of the chocolates. We understand the taste is down to personal preference but we always like to receive feedback and we will pass your feedback on to our chocolatier.
Friars
A lot smaller than I thought!
Hi Tracey,
Thank you for your review and sorry you were disappointed in the size of the product.
Our website lists the dimensions of the box for this product and the items included within the gift box.
Friars
Received vegan chocolates which I bought as a stocking filler for my daughter in law who is a vegan, so I cannot comment on the chocolates myself. I was hoping they were going to be in a little box for a better presentation, but never mind. I'm sure she will like them as they are. thank you
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry the website does not include a clear image of the packaging. This is something we're looking to rectify in the new year.
Friars
Have always loved friars chocolates, and that has not changed. But ordered some small chocolates online for Christmas, and they came with so much plastic packaging! Please reduce the plastic!
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, we are looking into reducing our plastic packaging in the new year.
Friars
I was disappointed in the way they were presented as I was giving them as presents and I thought they would be in a box
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry you were disappointed with the packaging. We are aware that the packaging isn't clear on the image on our website - this is something we will be rectifying in the new year.
Friars
The Chocolate football kit x3 all arrived well packaged and intact! But cannot comment on the quality of the chocolate. All three were for gifts to my three football crazy Grandsons!
One of the items had a few dints in the packaging but don't want to return it as it was needed for a present..
Hi,
We're sorry your order didn't arrive in pristine condition, we'll pass your feedback on to our packaging team, so hopefully, this won't happen in the future.
Friars
The candles arrived quite quickly but we're far too small for my 40+ year old Christmas Carousel. (Those illustrated must be much smaller). Consequently I was very disappointed. I had to be very careful setting them into wax in the much larger diameter holders, and lighting only 3 at a time they were all used up in less than 3 hours at our little Christmas party. They needed to be twice the height and diameter - is it possible to obtain these anywhere please?
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry you were disappointed in the size of the candles. The product description on our website includes the dimensions for the height and diameter of the candles. These are produced to fit our Christmas pyramid.
We're are unsure who would sell candles to fit yours.
Friars
Delivery on time but packaging for expensive chocs could have been better
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, we'll pass this on to our packaging team.
Friars
Was quite disappointed it was a lot smaller than it looked in the picture
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry you were disappointed with the size of the box. The dimensions are included in the description on our website.
Friars
I ordered chocolate gift packs and novelty chocolate. I expected more for the money that I was paying. These are for gifts and look like I've spent next to nothing on them.
Excellent calendar, however the delivery was shocking I paid next working day delivery and it turned up 4days late Friars did refund the delivery
nicely packaged, but i wasn't overly impressed by the chocolates for the prices.
everything arrived okay. well packed and delivered on time. was somewhat annoyed that an offer for free chocs came up on face book the day after I had ordered and was for a product I bought but just bad luck I suppose.
Didn’t like the white or pink chocolate. Both taste like sick.
Nothing wrong with Friars service but the ‘new’ Newberry Fruits Jewels are nothing like the old sweets - could be any over sweet jellies. Will not be buying again.
I cannot write a review yet as the goods bought are Xmas presents and I shall have to wat until the recipients tell me what they thought of them Ronald McNeill
The marzipan fruits are really lovely. I had some last year and they are really Tasteful. I was also happy with when you picked which fruit you wanted to eat was really decorated to a professional standard.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 4,114 reviews