Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
customer service
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Just like picture. Very well packaged. Arrived very quick
The star is for service only. I was so disappointed in my very expensive order. With the exception of their fruit box I was very disappointed in their signature and ginger selection chocolates. We found them distinctly average and overly soft. From the reviews I couldn't believe we were eating the same chocolates. Sadly they are nothing special and for that price I would not buy again.
Hi,

We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste.

Friars Customer Service
Since my last review is nowhere to be seen ill review again. Placed an order for two baileys and truffles sets - nearly £20 but looked a decent size. Tried calling up to add something else to my order but they said i wasn't able to until the original order was despatched! For some strange reason! Got an email saying delivery would be 4th December. I was out in the morning but someone else was home as delivery was meant to be between 9.02am - 12.02pm! Called my mum who was home, at around 12.20 to see if it had been delivered she said nothing came. I checked tracking at it said it was with the royal mail. I got home at 12.45 and was home until 2.45 (school run) still nothing came. I checked my emails only to find an email at 1.56pm saying that 'someone tried to deliver but noon was home' i never even got a royal mail card through the letter box even though i was home at that time. Called Royal mail to question it and they said that nobody could get into my area and asked if i had any restrictions - get mailed delivered constantly even parcels by royal mail. I live in a main door at a main road with plenty of parking spaces so no restrictions. He said delivery would now be 5th december and i told him i was out that day but when i came home i eventually got the royal mail slip so asked for redelivery on 7th december. 6th December i gotten an email from them saying my parcel was to be collected even though i stated for it to be delivered to my home address on 7th. 7th came and i got the delivery but when i opened the box up i received two of the tiniest little things that i was able to hold in one hand AND also have a remote control in the same hand. A rip off. £20 for tiny little things! Never buying from here again its a rip off of money for the items, then delivery charge for delivery to be messed up!
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately when you rang to add to your order it had already been packed and sent for dispatch. We're sorry you were disappointed in the size and price of the product. We do ensure that the items included within this gift sack are listed in the description on our website along with the size of the Baileys bottle and the chocolate lipsticks. We don't however list the dimensions which we will review for next Christmas.
With regards to Royal Mail, we will pass your feedback on to our account manager.
Friars
I feel conned I bought these chocolates for my mother in law for Christmas as they are her favourite I received 6 chocolate caramels costing 3.95 I didn't see the cost of delivery which was another 3.95 so very very annoyed that I paid 8 quid for 6 sweets it will never happen again
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback and sorry you felt disappointed, however, this is one of our taster packs and we do state the number of chocolates within the product description on our website. We also have a set cost for delivery which we try to keep competitive.
Friars
The Vegan chocolate soft centres are really bad. The texture inside is all wrong. It was hard and not smooth at all. Ideally soft centres should not be chewy and they should be smooth. I think you need to revise the fats you use within the soft centres, it needs to be more fluid, and also if you are adding rice flour to replace milk then you need it to be ground extra fine.
Hi,
Thank you for your review, sorry you were disappointed with the chocolates. Due to the process, it is harder to get the centres as smooth as standard chocolate, we understand that every chocolate is down to personal taste and preference, we'll pass your feedback on to the Vegan Chocolatier.
Friars
Ordered 4 packs of golf ball chocolates as gifts, only 1 box is pristine, the other 3 are too bent/bashed to be given as gifts. Also chocolate sprinklings have come out of one box so pretty sure broken inside too, my first order with Friars pretty disappointing.
Hi,
We believe this has now been resolved directly with our customer service team.
Friars
My order was delivered to someone else who contacted me themselves this man will not stop messaging me and the same day I received their order!!! Telephoned Friars they resent my order quickly with a small chocolate animal as an apology !!! absolutely disgusting service I will never purchase from them again and I would not recommend them
Debating between 1 or 2 stars. Ordered two baileys and truffles sets thinking for the price they woll be decent size - they arrived tiny. Was due to be delivered on Wednesday 4th December i was tracking it as well and definitely meant to be delivered on 4th - never arrived. Gotten an email at 1.56pm wednesday stating they tried to deliver but nobody was home for it - i was home and they never left a card. Called royal mail to complain that i was home yet i got that email - they said they never tried delivering because they could not get to my door - my house is a main door at a main road with plenty of parking and easy access as millions of parcels gets delivered to the same street each day. Was due to be 'attempted' to be delivered on the 5th december - i was not home but they left a card. I booked for a redelivery for 7th when I knew I'd be home for it even gotten the confirmation email saying it was getting delivered on 7th to my home address - email from them on 6th saying its ready for collection at nearest post office which is cambuslang when carntyne is closer to me than cambuslang is but that's the way it is - meaning I was to go and collect it. It eventually got delivered on 7th and was disappointed about paying nearly £20 for two baileys that looked decent size only to be far too tiny that it was smaller than an infants hand - got robbed there. All in all i will not be using this company again as my first time using it was disappointing.
Hi,
Thank you for the review we are sorry that your order did not arrive on the date as expected. Unfortunately, we have to rely on a third party for our deliveries and although they are usually very reliable there can occasionally be delayed beyond our control.
We do state the size of the Baileys and quantity of the truffles with the description of this item, please contact us directly if you would like to discuss your order in further detail.
Very expensive for 3 Lindet chocolate tiny golf balls Cost over £7
Hi,
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you are disappointed in the size of this product we do state the dimensions of the box and weigh within the description of our website.
Friars
The photo looked like a normal-size bottle (which you can buy for £16 elsewhere), but it turns out to be much smaller, which is deliberately misleading. I didn't see the 20cl written further down the page or I wouldn't have bought it (a 20cl bottle is £9 elsewhere). Product is overpriced in my opinion, although it is a nice box.
Hi,
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you are disappointed with this product, we do state the content and dimensions of the gift on the product description. If you would like you are welcome to return this item to us for a full refund.
Friars Customer Service
Very disappointed size of bottle won't be buying from you again was going to be s gift would of been embarrassed giving it
Hello,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed in the size of the gift box however, we do state the volume and dimension of the product on the listing, to give an idea of the size of the product.
Friars Customer Service
Still no response to the email you asked me to send and no replacements as promised! Let down again.
Dear Paul,
We are very sorry to hear that you have not received a reply to your email, you now should have received a response. Your replacement toffee has been dispatched today with Royal Mail 24. Sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Friars Customer Service
This is the third review I've given! Too many. If you state a delivery time as between 9am and 1pm, YOU MUST ADHERE TO IT! Royal Mail are notorious for this sort of thing, I suggest you source somebody else to do your deliveries.
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the service you received, however, we do not state delivery times on our website. If you tracked your item with the Royal Mail the time they provide is only estimation that they try to adhere to.
Friars Customer Service
Ordered 10 tasters only received 9 emailed Friars but still waiting a reply Friars will never receive another order from me and I will never recommend to anyone
Hi Jayne,
Thank you for your message, we are very sorry you haven't received your order or had a response to your email. We have checked our emails it doesn't appear that we have received your original email. We have sent you a private email if you could let us know what is the best option for yourself.
Friars Customer Service
The chocolate console control gift was out of it sell by date on delivery. I was very disappointed with this level of service. Although the customer service was very quick to rectify the issue.
We do apologies for this error; we have now put more steps in places to rectify this error so it avoid this happening again in the future.
Sorry once again
Friars Customer Service
Disappointed by the size it was pathetic for the price
Hello, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed in the size of the large sheep however, we do state the weight and height of the product on the listing, to give an idea of the size of the product. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Shocked at the size of the tractor !!! Thought it would be twice that size !!
Hello,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed in the size of the tractor however, we do state the weight and dimension of the product on the listing, to give an idea of the size of the product.
Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Ordered a gift and upon visiting the recipient discovered the wrong item had been sent. Exceptional disappointment
Hello Sally,
We're sorry that your order was packaged incorrectly and for the disappointment that was caused by this error.
We have sent the correct item, along with an apology to the recipient and we will let our packing team know of this issue to ensure that this type of error does not happen again.
Kind Regards
Just placed an order for 4.20 and the cost of postage 3.95 no warning till it went through! Outrageous price for postage!
Hello Kim,
I'm sorry that you found the delivery charge to be high. The delivery charge and product costs are broken down on the summary page of our website prior to proceeding with payment for orders so that our customers are fully aware of what they are paying for.
We monitor our delivery charges to remain competitive with other online retailers and they are reviewed on a regular basis.
If you wish to cancel your order, please contact us directly and we can arrange this for you.
Friars Customer Service
I paid for Next Day delivery and that obligation wasn't fulfilled.
Hello Linda,
I'm sorry that your parcel didn't arrive as it was supposed to the following day. On looking into your order, I can see that it was delivered a day later than expected. In light of this, I will refund your delivery charge in full and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 4,342 reviews