Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 6th March 2021
Sally Harris
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 28th January 2021
Linda OBrien
Absolutely brilliant service. Gorgeous chocolate. Lovely x
The chocolates were a gift, but the recipient was delighted and said that the presentation was excellent and the chocolates second to none!
Purchased liqueur chocolates for Easter. Can't wait!!
Ordered some Easter chocolates, which arrived promptly and look as good as they do online! Thanks!
Wow, chocolate heaven, first tasted st xmas , converted, best chocolate.
Good quick service and lovely quality chocolates. Can't ask for more 😁
Very happy with the ease of ordering and delivery time. The items were a gift so no feedback received but can recommend the turkish delight which was very flavoursome.
This was my first order and will definitely be ordering again. So much choice and very quick delivery. Great customer service too, thank you :)
Wonderful!
Firstly,lovely chocolates. Orders arrive very quickly and if you have a problem it is solved promptly...can’t fault them...
Highly recommend!
We had a slight issue as the wrong item was delivered, phoned up and I was sent the correct item and received it the very next day!
The chocolates are amazing, great customer service and solved my problem much quicker than I expected. Would definitely use again
The chocolates were as ordered and delivered when stated it was super to be able to order sweets and chocolates of such quality. I have not eaten any yet as we give up alcohol and chocolates for Lent. I have ordered an eclectic mix to give to family and friends for Easter.
Delicious product in beautiful packaging that arrived 2 days earlier than expected, so I could enjoy them even sooner. 100% will order again!
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 6th March 2021 Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 6th March 2021
Delivered quickly in good condition and the nicest white chocolate I have ever had.
Chocolates were absolutely delicious and came in a nice box, delivered on time. I thought the thick paper wrapped around the box could have been more attractive and maybe include the Friars name printed on or held together with a gold label saying Friars. Gift wrapping could be an optional extra as they were a present. I will definitely buy again and absolutely recommend these chocolates. Thank you Friars❤️
Very scrummy especially the champagne flavoured ones.
a gift for a friend arrived on time. very good quality.
Very pleased with my purchase my grandson is Lego mad, l know he will be delighted with his Lego chocolates and his chocolate games console for his 10th birthday
Great product and service.
All chocolates I received are delicious. Yum yum.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 7,948 reviews