Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Absolutely beautiful selection of cards, delivered very quickly.
I had never heard of Friars until I was searching for a supplier of enormous boxes of chocolates, with the idea of sending one to the wonderful nurses who had cared for me for weeks. I came across exactly what I was looking for and was impressed by the efficiency of the service. The goods were delivered the very next day. I did not sample the goods as it was delivered direct to the hospital but the description of them, together with the impeccable service, leads me to predict that there will be repeat orders for birthdqy presents, and such like. thank you.
Signature chocolates a great selection and excellent quality chocolates really enjoyed and already thinking of what to try next !
Excellent Vegan chocolate.
Prompt service delivered on time excellent quality product would certainly use again
The most delicious chocolates we have eaten years. I highly recommend.
Second order, the first was a gift for someone’s birthday and I was impressed enough to buy some for myself. I like the fact that it is plant based packaging. Below, is an idea of the packaging with the biodegradable cellulose film.
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 29th July 2021
Lovely personal service and delicious chocolates
Very fast delivery despite having to go to outer Hebrides. Apparently the choccies were delish and although I bought a huge variety they will not be enough for a year and will be all eaten soon. I was delighted about the recyclable packaging too.
Delivered to me promptly and efficiently. Because of the very hot weather, I paid the extra for next day delivery to ensure that the chocolates arrived in excellent condition, which they did.
Good service and delivery and lovely products.
exceptional vegan chocolate and it felt so nice to have a box of chocolates after being a vegan for 41 years.
These chocolates were a gift and she said they were delicious
prompt delivery very nice chocolates
We haven't tried any of the chocolates yet, these reviews seem to come far too quickly. However I can review the ordering process. The selection is really wide containg all kinds of varieties, textures and ingredients. We wanted these chocolates for a family day away, and we were able to get chocolates that were milk or various degrees of dark to suit each family member, and ones to cover allergies as well. From previous orders Friars chocolates have been a really delicious variety of flavours and textures (flavour is only the start of the experience.) We really like Friars chocolates, which is why we have re-ordered.
I would highly recommend for top quality, Friars chocolates. You are spoiled for choice and for gifts for Birthdays, Easter, Christmas, etc., you cannot beat them.
I’ve ordered from Friars a few times now, as well as visiting their shop in person. Fantastic company with top quality chocolate. Especially loving the fact that they have a varied vegan range too!
Excellent service and prompt delivery in adequate paper and cardboard packaging. Bought as a gift and no feedback given as yet
Bought as gifts and recipients said the were the best chocolates they had eaten.
The customer service and staff were excellent even arranging for my friend to collect her birthday chocolates and wine from the shop as she was on holiday in the Lake District The chocolates and wine are abdd so olitely delicious My friend loves vegan.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 9,324 reviews