Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars ginger choclates are the best and tastiest since the invention of sliced bread. Thank you
I don't usually write reviews.
But I used Friars because my usual 'go to' supplier, a well known hotel from whom I'd only recently received a sleek looking Father's Day gift which to be honest, was a little 'samey' (is that a word?) couldn't get me the next day delivery I needed for my sister's birthday.
Well... she got them the next morning and here's the thing (I knew she would like the boozy selection), she said they were the best chocolates she had ever tasted. High praise indeed.
Friars... you have a new loyal customer (who eats a lot of chocolate). Cheers.
Shaun Charity, North Wales.
Online ordering easy. Delivery as promised. Delicious chocolates. What's not to like...?
Bought as a birthday gift for my sister.she said they were genuinely the best chocolates she had ever tasted. Not the cheapest at roughly pound a chocolate but possibly the best. She was delighted
Ordered turkish delight and chocolate gardening set. Came well packed.
Good quality chocolate.
The chocolates were bought as a gift. The recipient was delighted and enjoyed them.
Beautiful chocolates. Bought some as a treat for my husband. He ate the lot almost. I persuaded him to give me some! And only got 2 off him. A big thumbs up from us! Delicious.
The coffee chocs were sent as a present- my daughter was delighted šŸ˜
I ordered from New Zealand as a gift for a UK relative, and it was perfect!
These chocolates arrived in time and were liked by the recipient of my gift. I would use them again to send a present to a loved one.
Very prompt delivery (48 hours). I chose 3 taster packs (Mint choc, salted caramel and choc orange) and they were all excellent, I’d certainly consider ordering again. Very pleased to see that the packaging was either recyclable or biodegradable - really impressed.
Easy to use website, very fast delivery and securely packaged item. Cherry liqueurs bought as a gift - was allowed to sample and they are absolutely delicious.
I have ordered these chocolates a couple of times - they arrive beautifully packed and are so delicious - lots of variety. I would definitely recommend this company for excellent service.
Present for friends and they said it was SO lovely!
Great service, well packaged and arrived on time and more importantly, the chocolates were super tasty.
I recently revceived Milk Chocolate cherry liquers and they are the best ever really full of liquer better than Godiva ones. Because of the heat the first ones melted but with no quibble Friars sent me another box. Would definitely recommend this family firm
I ordered a vegan chocolate selection for my dad for Fathers Day as hes lactose intolerant and he absolutely loved them. Amazing value for money and a smooth and easy ordering process.
I brought my husband the milk chocolate brazils, he said it's the best ones hes ever tasted.
PLEASE NOTE: I marked the item as damaged but the replacement was in perfect condition. Here is the story:
Due to an unfortunate circumstance of a very hot day coupled with a new recruit at royal mail the first delivery of my order resembled a certain brand of spreadable chocolate. I was overjoyed at the customer service response to my contact with friars though. The response was fast, appropriate and showed that this company has a real desire to deliver their product in the best way possible. This is worthy of the 5 star review on it's own, but then the replacement chocolates were tasted. Let me set the scene:

I ordered just 6 chocolates in what I think was the friars tasters range. My plan was for them to be orbiting a pearl necklace in the jewellery box that I present to my wife on our anniversary. They were perfectly suited to this (the none-melted replacements at least). The day comes and she loves the attention to detail and the extra something special. The fruits of our happy marriage so far is 4 children, so of course 6 chocolates wont last long, so I get my wife to taste the first one and she reports that they are delicious. Each child takes a chocolate to share in our special day and then I get to step in and be the hero; offering the chocolate ostensibly left for me, to my wife.

So thanks to Friars, I have been spared the compromise of having to create something out of melted chocolate, the gift-giving turned into a family event, and the chocolate adornment was more than just a filler to the main event.
They delivered when they said they would and product very good, can't really say anymore.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 5,348 reviews