Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th March 2021
Julie Roe
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th March 2021
VICTORIA TOMLINSON
This was a gift which was sent direct to my daughter. It was the 3 hens. It arrived well packaged and on time. I asked her what it was like and she said 'The chocolate was delicious and they were so cute it was a shame to eat them'!!
These chocolates were bought as a gift for my daughter and apparently they were beautifully presented and delicious too!
I would have given it no stars if I could. My husband paid over £30 for the Vegan egg KAKAO - it was truly awful. We opened it and tasted part of it and I have to say it resembled chocolate like rice pudding resembles concrete - in other words not at all. The egg looked beautiful but had a horrible perfumed smell and tasted oily and slick. We notified Friars who offered us a 20% discount. Joke. If this egg had been £5 or £10 I would have just thrown it out but at over £30 I think more should have been done by Friars. I threw it out anyway. So If you are Vegan and like your chocolate don't buy this awful, awful thing which should not even be sold as chocolate. There's much better out there for a lot less money.
I bought the chocolates as a gift for a friend, my friend was absolutely delighted with them. The actual shopping experience online and the very fast delivery time was amazing. I will certainly buy from Friers again, and can highly recommend the products and service to others.
Bought my mum some coffee creams as a surprise and she said they are the best chocolates she has tasted. Result :-)
These lego chocolates were a present for my 7 year old niece. She was delighted with them.
Lovely chocolate with gorgeous centres
Quick and efficient service and delicious chocolates. No complaints
Great fast delivery
I have eaten a lot (really, a lot!) of chocolate in my time, but nothing compares to the truly luxurious, deliciousness of these chocolates. Utterly sublime!
Delicious chocolate truffles with superb flavour and tremendous value, delivered fast.
I expected my chocolates to arrive after Easter since I was late in ordering but they arrived in good time to serve as a substitute Easter egg for my wife.
They are voted the best chocolates we have ever tried.
Well done, Friars, and thank you.
T.Batcheler
The chocolate eggs were very much enjoyed by the recipient. This was my second purchase from Friars and I will definitely buy again.
Very nice chocolate and well wrapped to avoid breakages.
These chocolates are delicious very well packaged and presented, with history of Friars enclosed.
The dark chocolate ginger chocolates are simply divine. Looking forward to trying other flavors in the future.
Excellent product. The sugared almonds are the best I’ve tasted. Delivered earlier than expected
Very quick delivery and excellent chocolates. Thank you.
If you want chocolate or sweets quickly, then this is your go to place, they sell the best sugared almonds I’ve ever tasted and my friend is swooning over the marzipan bar I sent her for her birthday, I won’t go anywhere else, don’t need to
Fantastic chocolate. Quick delivery