Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

"Again, I have received excellent products, well packed and very quickly. I have shopped from Friars before, and they have never disappointed."
Posted 1 hour ago
"Good quality and very quick delivery... Will definitely use again πŸ˜€"
"Friars provides first class chocolates and service."
"ALWAYS HAD EXCELLANT SERVICE FROM FRIARS AND ALWAYS HAD EXCELLANT COMMUNICATION WITH THE SALES LADY. I WILL CERTAINLEY USE THEM AGAIN."
"Very happy with my order of chocolates this is my second time of buying so I am well impressed thank you,"
"Ordered on Friday 2nd of november chocolate lego, it arrived on Monday 5th November Excellent service from Friars."
"I ordered some chocolates and marzipan fruits for a present for my mum. All the items ordered were packed in a box with loads of tissue paper and other paper to protect the small packages of chocolates in the box. They all arrived intact. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the taste as I haven’t given them to her yet, but the presentation is excellent"
"Speedy delivery, very well packaged. Bought as a gift so I can't say how they taste but the buttered Brazil's look lovely in the glass jar."
"Lovely chocolates would buy again. Package was very good and quick delivery. Highly recommend this company."
"Very efficient company to deal with and would use again."
"Unfortunately the box of really fruity chocolates never made it to my mother as I have eaten them :("
"Although not tasted chocolate yet as it isan advent calendar my vegan daughter was so excited when this arrived in the post - order early to avoid disappointment. Speedy delivery highly recommend will comment on chocolate in a few weeks"
"Quick service and all chocolates very nicely packaged."
"My sister in Australia is mad about the crystallised fondant mint creams and I have to send some each Christmas! Every year I have a conversation with Friars and every year they have been so very helpful. My order is delivered promptly and in excellent condition, beautifully packaged against damage and fit to be posted to Oz as is!"
"The classic dark chocolate selection is absolutely great.The chocolate is thick and the individual tastes are nice and strong.I couldn't possibly pick a favourite but the raspberry is up there alongside the surprisingly refreshing lime.For the price u pay I think you do get your moneys worth.The Ye Olde Friars Shop in keswick is well worth a visit if you are in that area."
"Very quick delivery. It's was all nicely parcelled up it felt like a little Xmas gift when i opened it. Would purchased from again."
"We visited your shop in Keswick last year and treated my dad to a selection of your truffle logs..he loved them! Since then we have surprised him with some more truffle logs, a marzipan rum & raisin bar and some Xmas mince pie flavour fudge for his birthday. He said that they were all really good πŸ˜‹ Your service, p & p and delivery time is great and I would highly recommend your shop to all my friends looking for chocolate gifts."
"Swift delivery. Well packaged. Very tasty."
"The delivery was very quick I was very pleased I have not eaten the chocolates but they look very nice so I hope to buy some more in the near future"
"We visited Friars in September when on holiday...what a beautiful shop!!! Pleased I found a mail order site too as I can order more lovely goodies & gifts! Can't wait til we visit in person again."
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 1,883 reviews