Friars.co.uk Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

How would you rate Friars.co.uk?

Sarah Dunsbee
Verified Buyer

Great products especially ones you just cannot get elsewhere,like the fondant creams without chocolate outstanding quality and taste.Lovely packs and details like papercases for each sweet in box of creams or the attractive boxes of bagged sweets.Very quick delivery and parcels beautifully packed with care,.Actually cannot think of way they could do better apart from even more items suitable for vegans,oh and the special diets info on the website is good but have found more suitable items than appear on a search for vegan in the search box!
Harry Fuller
Verified Buyer

Excellent Service , My Wife really loved the Walnut Creams, rations herself to one a day
Margery Bolam Haddon
Verified Buyer

Easy to order and amazing delivery
Mrs Dawn Mckie
Verified Buyer

My order was very quick everything arrived in excellent condition and it was all gorgeous
Valerie Mudge
Verified Buyer

Bought the sweets as a gift - communication with Friars first class
Phil Wilson
Verified Buyer

Fast delivery, well packaged, good price.
Angela Havens
Verified Buyer

Excellent customer service, over ordered online, my mistake. Rectified in minutes. Speedy delivery and chocolate amazing ❤️
Ms Susan Margaret Dymock
Verified Buyer

I ordered sweets for my ninety-one year olds father's birthday. He is bedridden and very limited. His face lit up when he opened the parcel; he was thrilled and put the box on the side to share with his carers. Brilliant, quick service.
William Sutton
Verified Buyer

Immediately started on Jar of Buttered Brazils.
All items were stuck together. Needed strong knife to try to separate them
and to remove from Jar. Gets ever more difficult as get lower into the Jar.
Tasty, although brazils a little soft.
Jar of Chocolate covered brittle very moreish, except not that brittle, and some pieces
did stick to others.
Would probably purchase more of both, if individually wrapped.
Also purchased Derwent Toffee and Black Treacle Toffee, which I have yet to try.
Need to purchase a Hammer.

Colin Winstone
Verified Buyer

Simple order procedure, items arrived on time in good condition, perfect service
Kathleen Rodgers
Verified Buyer

Excellent quality chocolates and sweets I would recommend them to everyone. Best chocolates I've ever tasted

Very pleased with product
Verified Buyer

If I could give 4.5 I would - but can't so went with 4 - good. Nice solid box, clear labelling of flavours, prompt delivery in good condition, good quality chocolate, nice texture to chocolate and filling, but would have liked some of the fruity fillings to be fruitier. They were nicely flavoured, didn't taste artificial, but I thought more of the flavouring should have been used, especially in the lemon. The raspberry one was a delicious alcoholic chocolate, but seemed short on raspberry to me, likewise with the orange.

Great service.
Lucy Roman
Verified Buyer

Lovely product and great service.
Verified Buyer

Great talking to lady on phone as we could not see the marmalade on the website which it used to be on. She explained that they concentrate more on chocolate but we could order by phone and it would be delivered as normal. Great delivery service. Nice and quick and more importantly marmalade is just as good as before!
Penelope Sargent

Excellent & delicious products delivered safely & very fast
Dr Sangeeta Ramdahen
Verified Buyer

prompt delivery well packed and the simple fact that I could still get these dream chocolates first tasted on a holiday delivered to my door hundreds of miles away- thank you.
I'll be back ...meanwhile these delights keeping me happy!
Verified Buyer

Well Packaged, speedy delivery and excellent products = one happy customer !
Verified Buyer

Excellent Quality Chocolates. Lovely Packaging. Wonderful Enjoyment!
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 601 reviews