Friars.co.uk Reviews

Based on 11,057 reviews
5 out of 5
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
the marzipan fruits are really good, thank you
Very good delivery timescale. My disappointment is that the wrapper across the box has black marks on it in the corner and is slightly torn on the edge. It is a gift so looks a little untidy and not fresh looking. I have uploaded a photo.
Great choice of products, excellent website, delivered perfectly and absolutely delicious chocolates. Thank you
Just got my second order ,so pleased with Friars chocolates
Found the chocolate cigars to be great value, as a gift for fathers day I found them to be an alternative to other chocolates, and quite realistic to look at
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 18th May 2022
The selection of dietary requirement isn't intuitive, I selected dairy free and gluten free assuming that the website would only show me products that were free of both but instead it showed me all products that were either dairy or gluten free which wasn't clear. The chocolates weren't cheap so it was a slight waste of a birthday present as I ended up getting ones that were only dairy free. When I raised the issue with customer service they refused to acknowledge the confusion this causes or that anything should be improved on the website which is disappointing. Chocolates themselves are no doubt good quality but unfortunately because of this experience and unclear selection process I'll take my business elsewhere. Not the best customer service...
Hi Sunny, Thank you for your review. We did get back to you and apologise for this error regarding the website search, and the incorrect information which was thought to be correct by the colleague at the time. Kind regards, Friars Customer Service.
Absolutely lovely - the very best. Thank you
Love their own brand. Very high quality not to mention great tasting chocolates.
Beautiful chocolates, quick delivery and gorgeous presentation. Thanks, Friars!
Arrived promptly. Well packaged. Bought as a gift so not eaten any myself. Smell and look delicious. Thank you Great to use family owned business. I always do if I can
Ihave made a couple of purchases from friars ,and i am very pleased ,it is nicely packaged,and excellent quality ,
Delivered on time. They were a present and recipient said they were delicious.
Quality products and very rapid delivery to a Scottish island as a gift for a friend. Thank you.
Delicious chocolates, really high quality. My order arrived really quickly and was well-packed. The items are well-presented.
I bought these for my daughter's birthday and I was apprehensive as to how vegan chocolates would taste. She reports that they are delicious!
I ordered a gift of some old fashioned buttered brazils for a dear friend that said she “couldn’t get them anywhere”, so I placed an order with Friars who sent the sweets with a personal message from me. Needless to say my friend was thrilled. Thank you for your good service.
Love your chocolates.
These were presents for a friend. There was a chocolate missing from the rum truffles box and the assorted box tasted stale. They were all thrown away.
Hi there, Thank you for your review. I am sorry you have experienced this. We have never had a complaint like this about our signature boxes before. If you would like to call us on 01768 77 22 34- option 1 we will be glad to resolve this for you. Kind regards, Friars Customer Service.
The dark chocolate Brazil nuts are excellent - and we’ve eaten a few in our time! Thank you, Friars!
Excellent chocolates delivered quickly and beautiful packaging. The recipient loved them
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 11,057 reviews