Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

"For some reason, unknown to me, chocolate creams have gone right out of fashion over the years and of the few outlets that still stock them, Friars are comfortably the best"
"Excellent chocolates with speedy delivery ....what more can we ask for !"
"I've been using Friars for more than 40 years. Now l'm housebound l continue to use them online and their goods remain good quality. Well-packaged and delivery very quick. I had really good service by telephone previously when l had trouble with registration difficulties."
"Lovely chocolates to give as a gift but sweet rather than chocolatey!"
"Good product (tasty and attractive for kids) plus prompt delivery. The only drawback was that the colorful foil was peeling off some of the chocolates (10-15%?)."
"Every chocolate type I have tried from Friars has been unbelievably good. The chocolate is superb and the flavours deliciously true to their description. Delivery is swift and packaging adequate and minimal (as it should be)."
"Great products, very good service"
"I recently ordered 3 lots of chocolates and I thought they were terrible. I tried 1 of each and disliked them intensly. What a waste of money?"
"Love the chilli chocolates x"
"Lovely meringues, thanks. Not cheap, mind you, so I would in all fairness expect them to taste a bit special!"
"Lovely items. I ordered some of the packs of six chocolates and they were delicious. My mother in law says Friars' jellies are the best jellies she's ever had and my son loves the building block chocolates. Delivery is always quick and well packed. Great place!"
"Haven’t tried the chocolate yet as they are all gifts. Customer service was good. My only criticism is when I got a email telling me it is despatched it would be helpful if it had a estimated date on it, then I would know when to expect it and make arrangements for the delivery if I’m not in. You ask the question below was the delivery on time I can’t answer that as I wasn’t given a expected delivery date."
"Excellent service. Well packaged. Good communication. Can’t comment on the chocolates as they were a gift."
"Great as usual! Always good quality and fast delivery"
"Delicious chocolates. Even my husband commented how nice they were and he is not much of chocolate fan. Must have been impressed as he ate all bar one of my chili and lime ones 😡😡"
"Love the licorice imps!! Better than original 😆"
"The chocolate console control gift was out of it sell by date on delivery. I was very disappointed with this level of service. Although the customer service was very quick to rectify the issue."
We do apologies for this error; we have now put more steps in places to rectify this error so it avoid this happening again in the future.
Sorry once again
Friars Customer Service
"rum truffles lovely, easy ordering , fast delivery , good website ."
"These chocolates were a gift to cheer up my friend Audrey Tucker who used to buy these chocolates in shops but is now unable to do so .So as you can imagine she was delighted with them and said they took her back to the good old days Audrey is 87 so I was very pleased to arouse her old memories"
"Arrived quickly, gorgeous chocolate! Yummy!"
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 2,975 reviews