Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
My wife was very impressed. I will definitely be buying again soon.
Various chocolates purchased as presents so I haven’t tried them unfortunately! Well packaged, prompt delivery, I have tried the coffee creams in the past and they are the best. Will continue to use & recommend Friars.
Excellent service as usual
Delicious chocolates. Excellent service.
I bought some vegan chocolates and they are sumptuous. A bit expensive but they are worth every penny. They soon arrived as well.
Received well packaged haven’t tried them as are for Christmas.
Beautifully made, and presented well, easy to order online, quick delivery and packaged exceptionally well to ensure no breakages. Very pleased with everything - thank you!
Macrons bought for my cousin to cheer her up as she had broken her arm so I cannot comment on them personally but she was delighted with them and said they were delicious. They arrived on the day stated and the website was very easy to use. All in all a success, thank you very much.
Super Super Super
Bought as a gift, I'm sure that the chocolates will be excellent; however I'm somewhat disappointed with what I'd consider to be inadequate postal packaging. The products were packed very tightly into the box up to the sides and edges, allowing no space for any bubble wrap, etc., for protection from possible transit damage. As the received box showed evidence of crushing and scuffing it would appear that this damage was transferred to the products. The main casualty appears to have been the cappuccino chocolate buttons with quite an amount broken. Thanks anyway.
Excellent service. Parcel arrived in perfect condition.
Very well packaged, quick shipment and excellent products!
Looks fantastic. Hopefully it will make an ideal Christmas day surprise gift.
The Chocolate Rum Truffles are the best we have ever tasted. Will always purchase them from Friars from now on. A lovely tasty gift for chocoholics.
Very pleased with my item fast delivery
Excellent & great packaging
Delighted with the website and the service. The packing for postage was first class. The chocs are presents so can hopefully only think they will taste as good as they look. I have already recommended them to a friend
Excellent sweets thank you
Excellent service.
Present really enjoyed
Chocolates are excellent,expensive but worth the money for a special occasion.
I've bought the cherry liqueur for my husband
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 6,514 reviews