Friars.co.uk Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

How would you rate Friars.co.uk?

"Fast delivery. Amazing product as always. Thanks."
"Chocolates were absolutely fantastic."
"I have sent for a box for my sister's birthday andi am so pleased she will get a box of her favourite chocolates rose and violet creams."
Barry Smith
Verified Buyer
"My partner, Barry is diabetic and nowadays it is very difficult to find any 'special treats' for anybody with diabetes as the diabetic society, I believe, have recommended that companies do not make special items for diabetics due to the aspartame content. I also hate to buy anything with aspartame for my partner but there is nothing else. Cavalier do make bars of chocolate that are suitable for diabetics and they only include 'stevia' as the sweetner which is absolutely perfect, but unfortunately they don't make any really nice boxes of chocolates as you do. Please can you consider making your diabetic chocolates with 'stevia' instead of aspartame/sorbitol as this really is like having poison. It is proven to cause cancer and all sorts of other health problems. Many thanks Frances"
Hi Frances,
Thank you for your feedback. Our no added sugar chocolates are made using Stevia and Maltitol as the sweeteners, rather than Aspartame. Sorbitol is also used, but this is as a stabiliser rather than a sweetener. Stevia, Maltitol and Sorbitol are all naturally found in fruit and vegetables and "normal consumption" should not have any negative health effects.
Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
Sara Hawdon
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service both in the shop and online"
Natalie Tiddy
Verified Buyer
"I have used Friars for some time and have always found them to be helpful and they provide wonderful produce. I would not go anywhere else."
"Customer service fantastic. Sent email re query and was responded within 40 mins. Would definitely recommend."
Linas Lenkauskas
Verified Buyer
"So thank u very much! Great packing and everything so soso perfect *-*"
ANDY CARTER-FEA
Verified Buyer
"Great product & delivery. Thank you"
"Well packaged, fast delivery, excellent service"
"Order arrived on time, without problem"
"The product I bought was for a birthday present and the birthday is only today so I haven't had feedback yet. However, the process of ordering on-line and being kept up to date with the progress of the order by Friars was very good. The product arrived promptly and was very well packaged. It implied a bit of luxury (even though it was only a box of liqueur chocolates)"
"Prompt service. Great value and product."
Mrs D E R Stimpson
Verified Buyer
"Quick delivery. Boxed beautifully. AMAZING!!!. Thankyou."
Claire Brown
Verified Buyer
"Present was gratefully received! Thank you"
"Beautiful chocolate daffodils to look at and to eat make beautiful gifts and a named gift tag made the gifts more personnel"
"The chocolates apparently were very nice .I sent them to someone in London so didn't manage to taste them. They arrived in time and in good condition.Very good service thanks. Kathy"
Maria Hurley
Verified Buyer
"It was the perfect gift for my daughter however the presentation wasn’t great as the chocolate frogs were all marked and looked as though they had been piled in a box"
Hi Maria,
Thank you for your feedback. Due to the shape of the frogs, we packaged them in the best fitting box to keep them secure; however there is a chance that they have moved around in transit which could have caused the marks. We will bear your comments in mind when sending orders of this nature out in future.
Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
PAMELA MCAULAY
Verified Buyer
"I made a order by phone one day and received it the next! When I phoned the staff they were so helpful and couldn’t be any nicer."
Dorothy Ryder
Verified Buyer
"Order for Bel Canto sweets dealt with swiftly and competently"
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 1,437 reviews