Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Haven’t tried all I’ve bought, & it’s all vegan. Love the taste but some of the textures & thickness of the chocolate is out of balance.
Great to find my favourite Mozart chocolates on this site! Reasonably priced, easy to order and fast delivery.
Excellent service chocolates arrived well packed and very promptly. I would definitely use Friars again.
Great service waiting for christmas to try chocolates
Bought buttons for my grandson- they were delivered direct and he informed my they were "lovely". Only down side was that postage cost nearly as much as product, but chocolate was reportedly great.
Great speedy delivery, well packaged. Gluten free liquers, what a bonus. I had been looking for ages but i cant comment on them as they are a christmas present for my partner.
Soon delivered following internet order. The chops are a present so not opened yet but last year they were the best.
Just try them.
Very good service. Prompt delivery and very good product . Will certainly use the service again
Proper crafted chocolates. Prompt delivery and good packaging. Highly recommended
Sent for 2 chocolate game controllers. They were packed on top of each other so the underneath one was "scuffed". I emailed to customer services and Ell was most helpful and sent me another one as replacement. Excellent service, thank you. Haven't tasted the chocolate as they are for my grandsons! Hoping for some christmas day!
I love this company it is exactly what it says on the tin. Friars have supplied our Christmas treats this year for the first time and it looks like we will be shopping at Friars in the future. Our order arrived quickly and was beautifully packaged. I wish I had found them years ago.
Everything Lovely all items well wrapped and boxed. Delivery on time . Fab gifts ***** Thank You
Very prompt service goods were packed securely and my grandsons will be over the moon with there gift
Thanks
Love the chocolates, will be buying them again
All 3 items look amazing. My daughter in law loves her alcoholic advent calendar. The dark chocolates and liqueur chocolates are Christmas presents, which I'm sure will be perfect. I'm delighted with my purchases. Well packed and delivered promptly. Thank you.
Very nice selection of yummy goodies. My husband loved the beautifully decorated little marzipan sweets. Also the cigar chocolates are wonderful!
I thought the items i received from Friars was of good quality, packaging was excellent, delivery service was punctual date wise.
So will definitely will use them in the future.
Excellent quality and beautiful Chocolates bought from this company before and will buy again
Happy with goods and service.
What can I say normally buy from that big high street brand But we gave friars a go during lockdown
And looks like we will be sticking to this company
There chocolate is amazing but for ourselves and also as a gift
We will be buying again
Give them a go you won’t regret it
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 6,698 reviews