Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

"Pricing - very competitive Delivery - could hardly be better Satisfaction - high. I'll be back."
"My forest ever purchases and had excellent service from Friars. I phoned to make an enquiry and the customer service just could not have been better. Purchases arrivedcsafe n soun within a couple days and were really well packed. On opening was delighted with everything and look forward to hearing what the recipients say when they have opened / easten their gifts. Phoned to thank company and again lovely customer service. First class service from start to finish. Would highly recommend this company."
"I ordered xbox chocolate controllers as party favours for my child's gaming party. I can't wait to give them out at the party shortly! They were really nicely packaged and a good size. Delivery was extremely speedy by Friars and the chocolate was really well wrapped up so everything was in tact. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again."
"Customer services is excellent and delivery is very quick"
"Very happy with service I received. Items were well packaged and delivered promptly. I would definitely use again and highly recommend Friars to everyone."
"I really wanted a dark chocolate coffee collection as the one that I have received was overly sweet and and size of the chocolate are way too big for one portion. The white chocolate in addition with the sickly sweet, thick coffee fillings brings it over the top and burns my throat. The only chocolate I enjoyed was the dark chocolate with coffee mousse inside as it's the perfect balance of sweet and bitter. I would definitely bag of only that chocolate."
Hello,
I'm sorry that the chocolates in our coffee collection weren't to your taste. This is one of our most popular chocolate boxes and the majority of our customers enjoy the variety of chocolates included in this selection. Your feedback will, however, be passed on to the design team.
Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
"Chocolates arrived on time and in good condition, My wife loves these chocolates."
"Chocolates arrived well packaged and in good time. Can’t comment on quality or taste since they were a gift."
"A very speedy, friendly and excellent service. Would not hesitate to recommend and I will certainly be an on going customer. Thank you for the lovely chocolates."
"I bought some chocolates from Friars for a present. I obviously haven't tried one, as the recipient might possibly notice (!) but they look lovely and delivery was bang on time. :)"
"Friars is a wonderful shop in Keswick, almost magical. Sadly, I haven't managed to get to Keswick for many years but am so delighted to have discovered that I can buy from Friars on-line. I made a purchase recently and was impressed by how quickly my order came. Thankfully, technology has enabled this. Thank you Friars"
"My mum told me about Friars, and I've placed several orders since then. Great chocolates and unusual sweets. The quality is always superb, delivery is very fast, and customer service is great. It's good to support an independent store. Would highly recommend."
"The service was perfect as were the cakes"
"Quick service and lovely product"
"Quick service!"
"First time I have ordered anything from them, I found them to be FAULTLESS .... exceeded my expectations. Without doubt I will be a frequent customer."
"Chocolates are probably the best we’ve tasted although the soft caramel milk chocs were not favoured by youngest daughter. We all loved the liquor ones of course! Service fantastic and delivery efficient"
"Great product shame about the high postage cost"
"A very nice friendly company with excellent service!"
"Chocolate was lovely. Delivery prompt!"
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 2,591 reviews