Friars.co.uk Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

How would you rate Friars.co.uk ?

"My Dads favourite sweet that I can’t find locally. Great service with fast delivery. Well packaged."
Aileen Sneddon
Verified Buyer
"I placed my order online, however there was a problem with the personal message I wanted to include (it was incomplete). I received a telephone call the same day where everything was double checked & fixed. Couldn't ask for better customer service!"
Sam Stirling
Verified Buyer
"Fab service great jelly belly flavours happy me"
"My order arrived swiftly. As it was for my daughter, who will be visiting soon, I have not tasted the prosecco jellies yet - but they look yummy!"
"Best chocolate gingers ever - very moreish!"
"Fast delivery, nicely presented, delicious products!"
Linda Phillips
Verified Buyer
"I was delighted to find a lovely box of liqueur chocolates online and was even happier with the speed of delivery, excellent packing and nicely presented personal message on a tag with bow, my partner has just received this gift and he is thrilled"
Helen Yates
Verified Buyer
"I never buy chocolates from anywhere other than Friars! I found THE best dark chocolate gingers, these are my husband's absolute favourites so whatever the occasion these are always top of the list! Great to order, fast delivery and if I'm lucky I get to have some too. I recommend Friars every time - so worth it."
John Watts
Verified Buyer
"excellent service good quality chocolate if slightly on the expensive side"
Nicola Smith
Verified Buyer
"Great products, fast delivery"
Mr Trevor Moor
Verified Buyer
"Excellent prompt service and after service, very good packaging"
Virginia Knight
Verified Buyer
"Bel Cantos are performance-enhancing substances of the right sort - if I drop one of these at the start of choir rehearsal, my voice stays clear!"
Patricia Bint
Verified Buyer
"I love Buttered Brazils and haven't been able to get them for years ! My grandaughter loves Sugared Almonds so we both had a real treat"
Ronnie Mcneill
Verified Buyer
"I am very happy with my order. Good quality and was delivered on time. Would use this company again and recommend them to others"
"Delicious chocolates and very fast delivery"
"Prompt delivery, very well packaged, but did take longer to arrive than I anticipated"
"Excellent product. Delivered very promptly."
"Easy to use website and checkout. Delivered when expected. Would use and recommend again. Thank you"
Cheryl Higgins
Verified Buyer
"When I rang up you listened carefully. I explained the sort of selection I would like. You kindly made up a special box with all our favourites! Delicious! Many thanks."
Natasha Fitzpatrick
Verified Buyer
"Fantastic customer service from start to finish"
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 1,517 reviews