Friars.co.uk Reviews

316 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

How would you rate Friars.co.uk?

Verified Buyer

Fabulous Violet and Rose Creams, cannot be beaten for quality and taste.
Verified Buyer

While my kids were delighted with their chocolate games controllers it was saddened by the fact that one of them was broken as only one was wrapped in bubble wrap the other had been placed on top of it am sure if both had been wrapped better this wld not have occurred although kids were still happy to get them
Hello,

I am sorry that one of the games controllers was damaged on arrival, both of them should have been wrapped in bubble wrap and I apologise that this wasn't the case. The person who packed your order will be made aware of the issue to try and avoid this happening again in the future. We have contacted you via email to offer a replacement or refund, if you could please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service.
KAREN JONES
Verified Buyer

Arrived on time and chocolates were fab!
Phillip Heartwell
Verified Buyer

Extremely good communication and staff very friendly. Slight issue with delivery was identified and alternatives made which was very helpful. Would definitely use again.
Loreto Sturdy
Verified Buyer

Great quality, quick delivery and packaged well.
Martin Badrick
Verified Buyer

Fast delivery, goods packaged well. Very tasty chocolates as well!
Gary Simon Lovell
Verified Buyer

Just a superb shopping experience!
Alun Owain Merrill
Verified Buyer

I ordered jelly beans. I got jelly beans.
Hazel Maskell
Verified Buyer

Easy to order the product I required and only one delivery charge even though I ordered more than one item
Susan Sanderson
Verified Buyer

Got some crystallised cream fondents for my mam for mothers day she loved them I Will definitely be ordering some for her 80 th birthday in September
Brian Stanners

Excellent service
Verified Buyer

Excellent products, quality, value for money and prompt delivery.
Carol Sanderson
Verified Buyer

Fabulously delicious chocolates...made so much more accessible by online ordering!
Only down point...my partner is working in Ambleside at the moment & quite a few times has paid a visit to your Ambleside store to buy me my favourite chocolates, last week he was 9p short of the chocolates he wanted to buy, he said he would bring it in next week when he would buy more, but when the assistant asked, what must have been her manager, she said 'No', just like that, he explained he'd been in quite a few times, she replied, " I know', and made the assistant take a chocolate off! Bit unfair I thought, especially since he's almost a regular whilst staying there at the moment. Not great customer service Ambleside Friars!
Hello Carol,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our chocolates and I apologise for the experience your partner had in our Ambleside store. This has been brought to the attention of the management and will be addressed with the staff in both of our stores to try and avoid this happening again in the future.

Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service.
Verified Buyer

They arrived really quickly and tasted so much better than I ever remember jelly beans tasting in the past. Thank you.
Doug Lowe
Verified Buyer

Lovely choice of chocolates at good prices. Quick delivery
Verified Buyer

First class online service and presentation and taste of chocolate excellent.
Sarah A Carter
Verified Buyer

lovely chocolates and great speedy delivery. good packaging
Verified Buyer

My husband loves Friars chocolate covered nougat and it's great that I can order it online and have it delivered as we are in Scotland. Price is great and always quick delivery
Verified Buyer

The chocolates were delivered within a few days, well packaged and presented. Although they had no sugar added they were still a little too sweet for a diabetic, but none the less they still disappeared very quickly once opened.
Bryce Brennan
Verified Buyer

Prompt delivery, professional packaging and product as good as expected.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.83 based on 316 reviews