Friars.co.uk Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

How would you rate Friars.co.uk?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Loraine Bound
Verified Buyer
"Order arrived promptly and we'll packed. First order and am very pleased. Definitely will order again."
Posted 1 hour ago
GLENN CRANE
Verified Buyer
"The service was excellent. The delivery of my order was fast and happy with the condition of the packaging. The sweet were in a strong sealed bag with a long date and surround by tissue and the little extra touch of the printed label was a good addition when my partner opened the box, very pleased and will be ordering more jelly beans from you soon, the liquorice flavour was superb."
"THE best chocolates around. Lovely staff, I just ordered a bespoke box of chocolates which arrived quickly and the lady that I talked to was so helpful. Would really recommend - the quality is definitely worth the extra pounds."
Suzanne Smith
Verified Buyer
"I am so happy to have found Friars chocolates. They are by far the best Dark Cherry Liquers I have ever tried. I am hoping that their dark chocolate range expands. Thank you"
"My order for ‘Bell Canto’ liquorice pastilles arrived quickly. All the pastilles are in easy to open tins and the pastilles are separated, not stuck together like some other sorts I’ve bought recently. By far the best of these types of pastilles I’ve found in recent years."
"The service was fast and effective, and the chocolate was fantastic! Thank you."
"I loved the fact I could add a personalised label!! Once the chocolate I ordered arrived, the taste was lovely and creamy. Also the delivery was quicker than expected which is always a bonus!!"
Linda Margison
Verified Buyer
"Easy to order lots of choice and very fast delivery. I paid for next day on a Friday expected it to arrive Monday however it arrived Saturday, very good. Husband loves his early Valentine's gift!!"
Sharon Standen
Verified Buyer
"Prompt delivery. Virtually arrived the next day.! Expertly packaged to avoid damage. The sweets themselves were beautifully gift boxed. Thank you."
"Milk chocolate Brazil’s are hard to come by lately, with Payne’s being the best but unfortunately hard to buy. Therefore, I have been trying to a find a decent replacement and can honestly say my dad thought your Brazil’s were very nice, although he did really enjoy the coconut chocolate sweets I also bought. Thankyou Jackie"
"My wife really likes the chocolates - they are her favourites - but the present was badly let down by the message tag. It looked and clearly was cheap and wasn't even stuck on straight. If you're claiming to be a quality product you can't afford to let yourselves down with such a shoddy extra. I suggest that you make special Valentine tags that people can write on themselves, if you want to offer such a service."
"I recently made a purchased of favourite confectionery of my family. There was a fantastic selection, easy to use web site and competitive favourable prices to other sellers. I placed my order, received my items the following day in good, safe secure packaging. Overall, it was an excellent shopping experience and I would have no doubts in using again and, also recommending to family and friends. Thank you for a geat service. I will definitely shop again."
"The item I purchased was well packaged and arrived quickly, however I do not feel the product was as good quality as pictured on their site or as expected. Described as Belgian chocolate on site, but not on the product and when queried I had to research the product by following links to qualify the description. Seemed a bit over the top. I was going to return it, but I did not have time to before Valentines day, so I decided to risk giving it is a present and I hoped my fella wouldn't be disappointed."
Hello, I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the product you ordered from us. All of our chocolate kits are made with Belgian milk chocolate but I will pass on your feedback to the factory and see if we can have this made clear on the packaging. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
"Speedy delivery, delicious non sugar added chocolates. Their taste was different from other suppliers of similar chocolates, more innovative and original."
Lucy Frost
Verified Buyer
"Receptionist on the phone was extremely helpful and there were no errors in spelling or punctuation on the gift tag! I have not been offered the option of suggesting improvements. The coffee flavour could definitely have been stronger in all our coffee selection chocolates. In some, it was barely discernible. Also I felt the chocolates were not 100% fresh. They appeared slightly 'tired'. Perhaps you don't sell many of this selection?"
Hello Lucy, I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you ordered from us. The Coffee Collection is our most popular chocolate box and we sell a lot of them. With regards to the flavours, the chocolates are handmade so the batches may vary in flavour during production. I can assure you that all of our chocolates are fresh as they are produced on a regular basis, due to the popularity of this box. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Donna Moon
Verified Buyer
"Perfect. Arrived quickly and packaged well"
Daniel Garrod
Verified Buyer
"Ordered over the phone with a very nice lady"
Tracy Gail Waring
Verified Buyer
"Good quality items, good prices to suit all pockets ,a wide variety of goods ,fast delivery,what more could one ask ?"
Jeannette Charles
Verified Buyer
"Great service and quick delivery. My order arrived well packaged and in excellent condition. My husband says they are the best chocolates ever. He loves the Irish cream truffles. They are worth every penny. Will definitely order from them again."
"Friars always deliver quickly.and packaged well. They are more expensive than other places but I guess you pay for what you get."
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 1,286 reviews