Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Bit disappointed - probably not £12 worth of good - looked far better in the picture. My brother in law enjoyed the contents
Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the order and did not find it value for money. We do provide a list of the contents so that customers do know what they are purchasing. We hope that our customers find our gifts presentable, enjoyable and value for money. Again we are sorry you found this was not the case. Kind regards Friars Customer Service
Very delicious but very long for delivery and very expensive .
Hi Jim, thank you for your review. Sorry you were disappointed with the delivery time and cost for your order. We have checked the tracking information and the information provided says it was delivered within two days of you placing your order. Unfortunately the Express delivery option is a more expensive service which increased the total order cost. Kind regards Friars Customer Services
Chocolates were lovely but all the liqueur has leaked into the box and none left in the cherry chocolates. We’re a gift too so I am a bit disappointed
Hello Jenny, we’re sorry you were disappointed with your order and the chocolates were not received as expected. If you could please contact our sales team directly via telephone or email so we can resolve this issue for you. We apologise once again for any disappointment caused. Kind regards Friars Customer Service
I sent them to my grandchildren, as I miss them there are four of them so I sent two boxes the children are 20years 17years 10year and 8 years. They have had one each, they said they were very dry, they had to have a drink with them. I bought these for them as when I have visited I buy the macaroons in Bath and they quarrel over them. Sorry won’t send them again
Hi Lynda, thank you for your review. We are sorry your grandchildren were disappointed with the macarons. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
I am sure the chocolates are delicious but they were not for me as I am Linda Davis, the email is mine and I filled in the order with my details as a new customer, a gift card for Joan, her address, and with my payment details. I don't knock what I did wrong other than not scroll to the bottom of the order confirmation. The chocolates came to my address and I had to forward them to Joan
Dear Linda,
Thank you for your review we are sorry that the chocolates have been sent to yourself rather than Joan, however, when we have checked the order the delivery address was indeed for yourself. Kind Regards, Friars Customer Services
Hi
I have rated the chocolate not friars.
The chocolate taste was nice but the alcohol taste was very slight. So for the cost I don't think I had value for money.
Regards Martin Payne.
The vegan chocolate was ok. Was expecting more richness. Very small too. But nice little treat
Delivered safely, on time and in beautifully presented packaging. Really looked the part. Sadly my more 'discerning'vegan son really didn't enjoy the taste-finding them too sweet with a lack of depth of flavour. "cheap candy...leaves a nasty taste" So a disappointing gift that are remain uneaten.
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that your son was disappointed with the chocolates you purchased from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste.

Friars Customer Service
My delivery arrived on time but was completely battered, though the chocolates were very well protected which meant there was no damages to products themselves. Expensive chocolates, look appealing but unfortunately the taste and quality does not reflect the price paid. Unfortunately will not be buying again.
Hi Natalie,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that the package arrived damaged. We are also sorry that the you were not happy with the chocolates you purchased, we hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste.

Friars Customer Service
Producy advertised as gluten free. When arrived the ingredients read 'may contain gluten' So wasted time and money. False advertising isn't cool.
Thank you for your review. We do not advertise our products as gluten free on the website, we do however have a section for products that do not list gluten as an ingredient. If there is a risk of traces being present with any of these products then we state this under the list of ingredients. Traces may be present due to the environment in which the products are packaged.

Friars Customer Service
Disappointlngly flavourless chocolates did not compare to Charbonnel and Walker.
Hi Ruth,

We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste.

Friars Customer Service
Two stars is for their service. With the exception of their fruit range which is novel and interesting I was bitterly disappointed by the rest of my expensive order. The signature range, and ginger range with heavy, sickly and simply nothing special. Given the reviews I was disappointed.

Friars Customer Service
Too expensive for size of package
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you thought the item was too expensive. We do include the number of chocolates and the weight in the listing to give an indication of what will be received. The vegan chocolates do tend to be more expensive due to the process used to produce the chocolates.

Friars Customer Service
Had the pink meringue kisses, at least half were broken! Very dissapointed as I wanted them for my daughters engagement cake, was lucky I got 7 or 8 good ones, so was fine.
Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry that half of the meringue kisses were broken when they arrived. Unfortunately this is a delicate item and although we do check the boxes before packing them they can, on occasion, arrive damaged. We will ensure the person who packed your order is made aware of the issue in case insufficient packaging was used. We are glad you were still able to decorate the cake and again are sorry that they did not arrive in a perfect condition.

Friars Customer Service.
Disappointed with my purchase as the glass was small and thought it was a normal size glass and no first time buyers discount
They were adequate chocolates but tasted nothing like advertised - sticky toffee pudding

Very disappointed for the money
Hi, I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us and they were not to your taste. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste.
Kind Rgeards Friars
I couldn't detect even a hint of coffee in the vegan barista cappuccino chocolates, dissappointing
Hi,
We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us and they were not strong enough flaviour to your taste. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. We will pass your feedback to the vegan chocolatier.
Friars
What a waste of money. £75 hamper wasn't worth £20. Toffee vodka hamper was a joke. Returned both. Paid £13.14 to return. Friars emailed to explain wrong hamper was despatched , even though it had been checked! Refund given, and as a good will gesture they are refunding my return postage.
Hi,
Thank you for your review, we're sorry you received the wrong item. We are reviewing our processes to ensure this does not happen in the future.
Dissatisfied guys.

No proper lid, all the chocs were upside-down or sideways.

For the money I expected more.

Ttfn Alan
Hi Alan,
We're sorry you were disappointed with your order. We will pass your feedback to the packing team to make sure it's packed more securely in future.
If you would like to return your order, please contact the sales team directly via telephone or email.
We apologise once again for any disappointment caused.
Friars
Order was placed quickly but I didn’t receive a notification to say if it has been delivered
Hi,
We're sorry you didn't receive a delivery confirmation, sometimes these emails can go into your spam folder if our email address isn't added to your contacts.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 5,348 reviews