Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"Very dissapointed as the three packets of toffee i bought last week via post as a gift for someone only had less than a month best before date."
Hi Susan,
Thank you for your review, we are very sorry to hear you received your toffee with such a short date. We do try and send all product with at least 3 months before there use by date, on this occasion this has been missed, we apologise for this. If you kindly let us know if you would prefer a refund or replacement to be sent we can arrange this for today.
Friars Customer Service
"paid over £20 & was disappointed in size of box when arrived. They were a gift"
Hello,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed in the size of the chocolate box however, we do state the weight and dimension of the product on the listing, to give an idea of the size of the product.
Friars Customer Service
"I was really excited to try the vegan truffles as there were white chocolate options which are really hard to find. I got the pink strawberry champagne truffles and the Easter vegan truffle eggs but I found all the flavours to be far too sugary and the chocolate didn't melt in the mouth. It's a good effort but I won't order again."
Hello,

Thank you for your review and your feedback regarding the vegan chocolates. We will pass your comments on to our chocolatier. Thanks again.

Friars Customer Service
"Item was lovely but unfortunately arrived chipped so will be returning it."
Hello,

We are sorry that your item arrived damaged, we will pass this information on to the packing team. A returns label has been sent to you via email for the return of the item and we will refund the order in full.

Friars Customer Service.
"The vegan chocolate is grainy and very sugary. It doesn't taste like luxury chocolate at all, and is actually quite unpleasant. I tried two of the truffles in a box of six and had to give the rest away. There are many better - and cheaper - brands, such as Moo Free and Vego."
Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your review and your feedback on the vegan chocolates. We will pass this on to our chocolatier. Thanks again.

Friars Customer Service.
"I ordered the coffee selection and found the coffee taste to be too mild. I feel it needed to have more of a coffee flavour."
Hello,
We're sorry that the coffee collection wasn't to your taste and that you were disappointed with your purchase from us.
As the chocolates are produced in batches, the flavour can vary from time to time.
We will, however, pass on your feedback to the production team so that they are aware of the issue you have highlighted.
Friars Customer Service
"I bought coffee creams which arrived promptly in good condition. Attractive chocolates but let down by the flavour. There wasn’t any. Coffee creams should ,well, taste of coffee but these were disappointing. Could have bought better flavoured chocolates much more cheaply."
Hello,
We're sorry that the coffee creams you ordered from us weren't to your taste. Our coffee creams are handmade and as a result, the flavour can sometimes vary from batch to batch.
We will, however, pass on your feedback to the chocolatier so that they are aware of the issue you have highlighted.
Friars Customer Service
"I'd requested a personalised message but wish I hadnt bothered ! The type written label is totally wonky on the tag which makes an expensive gift look "very cheap " ."
Hello Lynne,

We are sorry that the gift message was not applied to the gift tag straight, the person who packed your order will be made aware of this error to ensure they are more careful in the future.

Friars Customer Service
"I was disappointed to see that I paid more than what the product was worth on delivery costs even though the package was so small it could have been posted for free."
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback on the order you placed with us.
We're sorry that you found the delivery charge to be high but unfortunately, there is no option to offer free delivery as we have to cover our costs.
We do, however, monitor our delivery charges to remain competitive with other online retailers and they are reviewed on a regular basis.
Friars Customer Service
"Product has been bashed about during shipping."
Hello,
We're sorry that your order didn't arrive with you in the perfect condition we would expect. As we use a thrid party to deliver our parcels, we always like to know if there have been any issues with deliveries.
If you would like a replacement item sent out to you, please contact us directly and we will arrange this for you.
Friars Customer Service
"First time order, a gift for my Motherson birthday. She was delighted to receive the parcel, which was perfectly wrapped. Unfortunately the product itself was sadly lacking in flavour. Both my Mother and I thought the coffee flavour of the cream was incredibly mild, in fact the chocolate bean decoration had a stronger taste of coffee, a bit odd and disappointing. I probably would not purchase from Friars again."
Hello Sarah,
I'm sorry that the chocolates you ordered from us weren't to your taste. The coffee chocolates are handmade, which means the flavour can sometimes vary from batch to batch.
I will, however, pass on your feedback to the chocolatier to make them aware of the issue you have highlighted.
Friars Customer Service
"Bought the Cherries, and though very tasty, 2 of them had exploded in the box so the whole package was rather disappointing."
Hello Dave,

I am sorry to hear that 2 of the cherries in the box were damaged when they arrived. If you could please contact us directly with regard to any damaged products and we will endeavour to resolve this issue for you.

Friars Customer Service.
"I purchased several different types of chocolate products including orange slices dipped in chocolate. I was very disappointed with the orange slices. They looked scruffy and unappealing. So much so I did not want to give them as a present. Considering the price I will return them after Christmas. The other products looked acceptable."
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that the orange slices looked scruffy when they arrived, we will look at the packaging to see if this was a factor. You can of course return them for a refund, please let us know if you wish to do so.

Friars Customer Services.
"My chocolate toolkit box was not packed properly and although the items were still intact they were jumbled up inside the box so the presentation of the toolkit was completely ruined."
Hello,
I'm sorry that your product didn't arrive with you in the perfect condition we would expect it to. The person who packed your order will be made aware of this issue to ensure this does not happen again.
Friars Customer Service
"Th order hasn't arrived yet"
Hello,
I'm sorry that you have not received your order from us. However, I have looked into your order and delivery was attempted on 15th December but there was no answer. Your parcel is currently being held at your local delivery office awaiting collection or instruction for redelivery.
If you have any further issues, please let me know and I will look into it further for you.
Friars Customer Service
"I got an email 0n 06/12/2018 stating my order 117778 had been dispatched for delivery. To date on 15/12/2018 I have YET TO RECEIVE DELIVERY. Please look into this and let me have delivery by next Saturday. Charles Simmons p.s. Nothing shows up on the tracking."
Hello Charles,
I'm sorry you've not yet received your order as we would expect. I have looked into your order and there has not been a delivery attempted as yet so I will resend the parcel for you today (17/12/18) via first class post for delivery tomorrow (18/12/18).
Friars Customer Service
"TINY chocolates - my elderly Uncle with diabetes was completely underwhelmed= and so was I. Ive bought diabetic chocs before -admittedly these were pretty, but for the price ,they were very small. Don't think I would buy again"
Hello Christine,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the no added sugar chocolates you purchased from us. The size of the chocolates is not something we have any control over but I will, however, pass on your feedback to the manufacturer.
Friars Customer Service
"Unfortunately when I opened the box they were a bit bashed and were in a pile at one end 😢 took me a few minutes to sort them out. The chocolate is all scratched and some of the papers were scrunched. Good job they were for myself and not a gift. Won’t be spending £25 on your chocolates again I’m afraid"
Hello Lisa,
Please can you contact us directly to discuss this issue and we will do what we can to resolve it for you.
Friars Customer Service
"Box arrived damaged. Parcel had been dropped over fence.disappointing as it was a present. Maybe fragile should be written on the box!"
Hello,
I'm sorry that your parcel wasn't delivered correctly and the box was damaged on arrival.
Please contact us directly to advise us if the item inside was damaged in anyway and we will do our best to resolve it for you.
Friars Customer Service
"I ordered one white chocolate and one milk chocolate Gin truffles, but received two milk. Sending them back is too much hazzel. First time in many years of ordering you have let me down."
Hello Darleen,
I'm sorry that you received the wrong item in your order from us. The items should have been checked prior to packaging them for dispatch and I will pass on your feedback to the packing team so that they are aware of the error with your order and to ensure this doesn't happen again.
By way of apology, I will send out the correct item to you today via first class post and there is no need to return the incorrect item to us.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 3,114 reviews