Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Quick delivery and lovely quality products.
I looked at various wine sites to find what seems to me the obvious choice for a gift of dark chocolates and drink: red wine. Friars had it, shipped it and made the recipient happy. What more can a "thank you" gift giver want?
Excellent quality product delivered promptly however happy birthday message I included never arrived which is my only negative outcome
My father loves marzipan and dark chocolate so the marzipan chocolates were the ideal present for Father's Day. He said they were delicious and really enjoyed them.
Exc delivery service and packaging.
Shame I couldn't have 6 of one colour to achieve the outcome I would have liked.
Tasting to be done at a 3 year old party.
Parcel arrived promptly and well packaged.
I would have given a 5 rating but the company does not offer gift wrapping or even a gift bag. As my order was a gift I had to get it delivered to me and then arrange another delivery to the person the gift was for. Very annoying.
However, the chocolates were very lovely!
Hello Elaine, thank you for your review. We are sorry you were disappointed that we do not offer gift wrapping or a gift bag. For gift orders, we do line the box with white tissue paper and can include a card with a message if included with the order. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused but glad you did find the chocolates lovely. Kind regards Friars Customer Services
My granddaughter was so pleased with her novalty chocolate mobile phone. Thank you.
Nice hamper. An ideal present with the beers and glass. The snacks unfortunately weren't as described when I placed the order as one was missing. The website description and picture have since changed so I presume they ran out of the original snacks.
Hello Karen, we’re sorry you were disappointed with your order and that there was an item missing. Please contact the sales team directly via telephone or email so that we can resolve this for you. We apologise once again for any disappointment caused. Friars Customer Services
I ordered the chocolate game console and Iphone for my son's birthday, unfortunately it was delivered early afternoon on a hot day, and had clearly been in postman's van for a while as both were very melted, you could still make out the Iphone, but not the console so much, I put them in freezer to form up and then had to give him as they were, luckily he's in his 30's so we had a laugh about it, he said it tasted good. lol
Hello Sandra, we’re sorry for the state in which you received your order and your chocolates were melted. If you could please contact our sales team directly via telephone or email so we can resolve this issue for you. We apologise once again for any disappointment caused. Kind regards Friars Customer Service
Very happy with my order, slight crack in the chocolate but not too noticeable.
Very nice choc liquers
It was easy to order online and delivery was quick.
The chocolates were a gift for my 93 year old aunt who lives many miles away from me so I don't know how she liked them, everyone still being in lock down or social isolation. I thought they would take longer to deliver - perhaps a week - but rather unfortunately they were sent immediately so she received them well before her birthday. Ordering was very easy, the chocolates look delicious and I will probably be ordering more in future - I want to taste them for myself!
Well packaged and arrived promptly. Bought as a gift so no feedback on the quality of the product as yet.
I bought the chocolates as a gift for a friend. I shall be giving them to her today. They certainly looked very nice!
AS a diabetic I didn't eat them myself I bought them for the lady next door , who has been getting my shopping during the lock down as a thankyou gift
I was particularly greatfull as she is a intensive care nurse ,and has so much to do.
Lovely chocolate good customer service, quick delivery
Didn't taste them because the chocolates were a gift, but boy did they look good! Delivery I thought could have been a bit quicker. Once one is used to Amazon...
Beautiful chocolates - arrived promptly on time for a gift with a personalised message. Thank you
Excellent service and quality chocs
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 5,348 reviews