Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"Very good to find Droste chocolates online at a reasonable price."
"Grandson loved it"
"Packaged very nicely, prompt service. Coins of good quality, although, a little smaller than expected."
"Coconut ice was beautiful tho initially a bit of mix up in payment as I paid from my visa debit tho it went out of my account it hadn’t read as paid to friars tho they refunded price of postage as apology"
"Ordered taster packs, arrived on time. The lemon truffles were good, the coffee ones didn't have a lot of coffee flavour and the rich raspberry truffles, for me, would have been nicer without the alcohol but that's personal taste. My son loveds them...Its his birthday soon...."
"I ordered some chocolates as a gift for a family member. They were delivered on time which was great and as far as I know, have been eaten and enjoyed."
"The whole cherry truffels are very nice and the marzipan croquant (3 layers) is beautiful. I am not too keen on one of the truffels and the chocolate in itself coating the items. I am afraid, I am a Swiss buff when it comes to chocolate. Verdict: overall quite nice. Not opened the Captain Morgan chocolate bar as yet."
"Would give very good, however on of the bars was very dry of liquid, so like eating a sugar cube. The other bar was perfect. So must have had a bad batch. Andy"
"Lovely chocolates to give as a gift but sweet rather than chocolatey!"
"Good product (tasty and attractive for kids) plus prompt delivery. The only drawback was that the colorful foil was peeling off some of the chocolates (10-15%?)."
"Haven’t tried the chocolate yet as they are all gifts. Customer service was good. My only criticism is when I got a email telling me it is despatched it would be helpful if it had a estimated date on it, then I would know when to expect it and make arrangements for the delivery if I’m not in. You ask the question below was the delivery on time I can’t answer that as I wasn’t given a expected delivery date."
"Arrived on time and they were absolutely enjoyable"
"PS4 controllers are good, packaged well, no damage n taste good too x"
"Delightful selection of Easter treats. Wish I had ordered sooner as some lines had gone in the days before I made my mind up! Egg filled felt carrot bags and Easter Bunny with basket are really cute. Well packaged and delivered next day as promised."
"Items well described on line and the on line registering & purchase was easy. Great that you have a vegan selection of chocolates! The chocolates arrived at my friends within a couple of days and she wrote and told me how gorgeous they were. My only complaint and that's why I didn't rate you as very good was that there was no 'card/message' option. I had to email my friend and tell her that some chocolates would be arriving which rather took the surprise out of my gift. When I've previously purchased chocolates online through other companies I've been able to include a free gift message. I feel this option would have make my purchase perfect as I only purchase chocolates online as a gift for friends."
Hi Christina,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that the option to add a gift message was not available when you purchased your chocolates, this was an error on out part which has now been rectified. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Kind Regards,
Friars Customer Service.
"Good novelty value but expected items to be bigger"
"Well presented and well packed."
"I had a question which was answered quickly"
"After Thornton’s stopped selling their coffee creams and replaced with a coffee truffle we’ve been searching for a great coffee cream. These are real good! A slight bitter aftertaste means they’re not quite right but still very good."
"All good service only thing was that 2 of my chocolate bars in side were all pink and the other 3 were white and pink but very nice"
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 3,114 reviews