Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Excellent service and quality thank you!
I bought a box if the Kakoa range. I'm breast feeding my son and after being gifted lots of milk chocolate his skin came out in an angry rash. I have now given up dairy but still wanted some yummy 'milk' like chocolates. I found Kakoa and loved them. Having a few vegan milc chocs was such a treat. Thanks
We haven't eaten the chocs yet, but the website and ordering process were fine, and the packaging was good. So far, five star.
I have so far greatly enjoyed the Dark Cocoa Truffles and some of the caramels so I have some to still enjoy!
The items were just what I was looking for as a gift. Despite an issue with my delivery, the customer service was quick to respond and solve the issue promptly.
Arrived very well packed and in great condition. Bought as gifts so hopefully they will taste good too!
Chocolates were for my wifes birthday . We are rather 'picky' with chocolates and sought a new source. The signature collection were acceptable but we were expecting a little more than that. Overall we both found the whole experience overshadowed by the extreme sweetness and dominance of the fillings. Being a dark chocolate person the 72%cocoa truffle was my favourite. So not a bad score but not 5 star. Service etc was great
Really like Friars chocolates and will continue to be a loyal customer.. Great selection / range and probably got the edge on competitors such as Hotel Chocolate. Care though…don’t make them smaller - nice to see a good full box when the lid is lifted.
The chocolates are delicious as always but this time there was some damage to the contents in carriage. The chocolates were the whole chocolate coated cherries in brandy hence only 4 *
Happy with delivery but the choc rod came broken and as it was for fathers day didn't have time to order another one.
Hello Claire, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your chocolates arrived damaged. Please could we ask that you contact our sales team directly either via telephone or email so that they can get this resolved for you. Kind regards Friars Customer Services
Your service was excellent and you had a sign on the box telling the postman not to leave the package in direct sunlight. I was in my house when the parcel was delivered but I did not hear him ring the bell. What must have been a couple of hours later I opened my door, only to find the package on my doorstep IN THE SUN. I was furious , but helpless. Next day I spoke to the postman who said he hadn't seen the notice on the box. The chocolates are a gift for my granddaughter and as I haven't been able to see her yet, I have no idea what state the chocolates are in as I don't want to open the box. Perhaps your notice should be bolder, and in red? Linda
Hello Linda, thank you for your review. We do apologise that the label placed on the box to advise not to leave the parcel in direct sunlight was missed. We do appreciate your feedback and will make our packing team aware. Your order was delivered on the 8 June 2021, if there are any problems with the chocolates please do get in touch with our sales team directly either via telephone or email so that they can get the issue resolved for you. Kind regards Friars Customer Services
Always a quality product from this company, although I bought the hand-made milk chocolates which have no menu as to what each one is. Not sure about that, as I like to know what I'm about to eat. But they all taste good and the box was well packed and arrived promptly. I shall continue to use Friars.
Hello David, thank you for your review and am sorry you were disappointed that there was no menu with the hand made milk chocolates you received. We do state on the listing that "We don't include a chocolate menu as traditionally a box of chocolates was an experience for the senses, where every bite is a surprise." We are however having this looked into. Again, we are sorry for any disappointment caused. Kind regards Friars Customer Services
Mainly v nice but hated the “scented” chocs (blue or pink tops) would welcome choc covered hazelnuts/ almonds/ Brazil’s, nougat and fudge ok too
Have bought the Morgans chocolate on a couple of occasions, absolutely delicous, a view shared by the few I have shared it with. Quick secure delivery
Very nice chocs
Sent as a gift to a happy receiver.
The chocolates were delicious but a little disappointed with the size, picture showed them to be double the size!!
I received, as ordered, 2 boxes of friars chocolates. The ginger were delicious. I had them before so I knew. The ice cream flavours were very nice but not quite so much to our taste. However, all were eaten so obviously not bad!!
Chocolates are lovely,very nice ,rich and luxurious.
Good variety