Friars.co.uk Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk

About Friars.co.uk: Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"I was late ordering for my husband's birthday but the package came before the date stated and on time for the actual day. Item well packaged and fully intact. Contents didn't last very long! Thanks."
"Very prompt service and good communications. Highly recommended."
"I am writing my review after taste testing Friar's chocolates for the first time. We purchased a box of floral creams, and considered ordering some of the other wonderful sounding chocolates which I had read about on Friars own website; for this coming Christmas. However; as we were not familiar with this particular brand, I was eager to test the floral creams, for now, I was looking forward especially to the violet & rose flavours. Expectations were high, especially after reading Friars own statement; in the description for the Floral creams (The rose and violet creams were a winner of the famous great taste gold award). I did search “The Great Taste Award” website, and could not find the year that these chocolates actually won that particular award. And so, I am unsure of how old this award actually is, Friars, do not state when the award was given in the description about the award, perhaps a date could be incorporated; then perspective customers have an idea of how long ago this was. If it was more than a few years ago, is the taste award still valid for these chocolates? The lavender and violet creams were quite un-inspiring, and the geranium and rose lacked in flavour. I felt they were over sugary, and the expectation of the overall taste was just not there, and for the £18, I do feel they were just not worth the price tag."
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the floral creams your ordered from us. These chocolates are a previous winner of the Gold Taste Awards and are one of our best selling products.
I will however, pass on your feedback to the team.
Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
"Friars helped us with our enquiry . Very pleased ."
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 3,107 reviews