Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 6th March 2021
Sally Harris
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 28th January 2021
Linda OBrien
Lovely lovely chocolates!!
Bought them as a present for someone, they said they were outstanding chocolates, may have to order for myself too now!!!!!
Friars Chocolate liqueurs are absolutely the best, I bought a big box to give as a present, and as they are the my favourites I found the temptation very tying not to eat them myself. I Recommend these highly. Ordering from Friars is also very good, packed to perfection, delivery good. Thank you
I always loved visiting Friars when staying in the Lake District but this year has meant so such fun but imagine my joy when I discovered I could order my fav chocolates online!Superb service,so easy to do and the box arrived swiftly,packaged to a high standard.Cannot recommend highly enough
Order complete a speedy delivery service. What can I say the chocolates I received
are absolutely amazing. I’m ready to place my next order again and again.
Thank you very much . Stay safe everyone. 🍫🍫🍫🍫
Sticky toffee pudding chocolates & Jack Daniels chocolate liqueur sticks were gifts and my friends thought they were delicious. Delivery was nice and quick and the email adv of expected delivery was very useful.
Great product bought as a gift. It arrived promptly and recipient says the rose and violet creams are absolutely delicious.
Too expensive for size of package
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you thought the item was too expensive. We do include the number of chocolates and the weight in the listing to give an indication of what will be received. The vegan chocolates do tend to be more expensive due to the process used to produce the chocolates.

Kind Regards,
Friars Customer Service
I ordered a 4-tier Christmas pyramid from Friars and am so impressed with it. It came packaged really well and is of much better quality than I had expected. I didn't want to spend a huge amount of money and was not disappointed with this product. The candles do burn down very quickly but you just need to stock them up. Very happy with it all. Would definitely recommend.
I was late ordering for my husband's birthday but the package came before the date stated and on time for the actual day. Item well packaged and fully intact. Contents didn't last very long! Thanks.
Very prompt service and good communications. Highly recommended.
I am writing my review after taste testing Friar's chocolates for the first time.
We purchased a box of floral creams, and considered ordering some of the other wonderful sounding chocolates which I had read about on Friars own website; for this coming Christmas.
However; as we were not familiar with this particular brand, I was eager to test the floral creams, for now, I was looking forward especially to the violet & rose flavours. Expectations were high, especially after reading Friars own statement; in the description for the Floral creams (The rose and violet creams were a winner of the famous great taste gold award). I did search “The Great Taste Award” website, and could not find the year that these chocolates actually won that particular award.
And so, I am unsure of how old this award actually is, Friars, do not state when the award was given in the description about the award, perhaps a date could be incorporated; then perspective customers have an idea of how long ago this was.
If it was more than a few years ago, is the taste award still valid for these chocolates? The lavender and violet creams were quite un-inspiring, and the geranium and rose lacked in flavour. I felt they were over sugary, and the expectation of the overall taste was just not there, and for the £18, I do feel they were just not worth the price tag.
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the floral creams your ordered from us. These chocolates are a previous winner of the Gold Taste Awards and are one of our best selling products.
I will however, pass on your feedback to the team.
Kind Regards
Friars Customer Service
Friars helped us with our enquiry .
Very pleased .