Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packagingM as well as pioneering vegan milk and white chocolate...among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

sales@friars.co.uk

6-8 Main Street, ,

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars- my first choice for gifts with their fantastic service and delivery. It is also my personal choice - especially the Irish Cream Truffles - but all the selections are wonderful.
Chocolates were very nice and delivery was as stated, unfortunately we were sent the wrong item, it was not an issue as we were happy with dark chocolate gingers (after ordering milk chocolate ones) but could be an issue in some circumstances.
Hello Rebecca, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you received the wrong item. We do appreciate all feedback and pleased to hear that you did enjoy the dark chocolate gingers that you were sent. We will however take this up with our packing team to ensure more care and attention is taken when packing the orders. Again we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards Friars Customer Services
I have purchased Friars chocolates a few times and will be doing so again. They are the most delicious chocolates I have ever had. Thank you Friars.
Fast delivery chocolate heaven. Yum.
Very happy. Well packaged. Quick delivery. Good product
Ordering was easy. Delivery timing perfection. My lifelong friend is lovely a small dose of these amazing choccies each day and a sneaky snifter of toffee vodka at the weekend. Brilliant gift and good value for money. Thank you.
Hands down, the BEST luxury vegan chocolates out there. The white chocolate cappuccino truffles are exquisite and the milk chocolate truffles are so velvetly! I must have more! Excellent service and super speedy delivery. Will be back soon!
Good service. Lovely products.
The chocolates I bought were for a gift so I cannot review them. Items I have bought before have always been of the highest quality..
Order arrived quickly. Wrapping in good condition. Unfortunately quite few chocolates had leaked inside the tin foil wrapping.
Hello, thank you for your review. We’re sorry that quite a few chocolates had leaked inside the tin foil wrapping. If you could please contact our sales team directly via telephone or email so we can resolve this issue for you. We apologise once again for any disappointment caused. Kind regards Friars Customer Service
Super chocolates. Easy to order. Quick response to order. Quick delivery.
This was a very nice selection of chocolates I liked the banana one the most and I would Buy more in 5he future. Yum yum πŸ˜‹
Ordered for a 75th birthday present - arrived super quick the next day - well packaged and I'm assured they tasted fabulous - well deserving of being a gold award winning chocolate!
Very good
super chocs, rubbish communications.
Best chocolates on the market place for taste and quality. Customer service I find is second to none.
Absolutely beautiful selection of cards, delivered very quickly.
I had never heard of Friars until I was searching for a supplier of enormous boxes of chocolates, with the idea of sending one to the wonderful nurses who had cared for me for weeks. I came across exactly what I was looking for and was impressed by the efficiency of the service. The goods were delivered the very next day. I did not sample the goods as it was delivered direct to the hospital but the description of them, together with the impeccable service, leads me to predict that there will be repeat orders for birthdqy presents, and such like. thank you.
Signature chocolates a great selection and excellent quality chocolates really enjoyed and already thinking of what to try next !
Excellent Vegan chocolate.