Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 20th February 2021
Linda OBrien
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th December 2020
margaret Campbell
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 29th December 2020
Good but expensive however kept peace and quiet from the wife until she eaten the last one so value for money in the end
Posted 36 minutes ago
Best chocolates I've tasted in a long time. You can taste the expertise in every bite.
Posted 1 hour ago
Will buy again as my friend loved them.
Bought the dark choc brazils as a present for my husband's 91 yr old dad on his birthday. He is very fond of choc brazils but this is the first time we have bought Friars, and he really liked them (he is a very fussy gentlemen!!). The only down side was that the box was damaged when it arrived, both the outer packaging and the inner box. Not Frairs fault really, but I think the packaging could have been more robust. Damaged box didn't;t look very good as a gift!
Excellent choc gingerss and marzipan.
Thought the cherry liqueurs were a bit " over the top""
Wasnt expecting a whole cherry including stalk and stone encased in the chocolate which was delicious but difficult to eat and could cause embarrasment for invited guests.
Excellent on line rapid delivery.
A little disappointed that there seems to be a one size only container for postage so that smaller items needed lots of packaging albeit recyclable but still wasteful.
The chocolate is defs top quality
Good website easy to navigate. Chocolates arrived on time to a friend and it's reported they were delicious!
Birthday gift- the chocolates are exceptional
Lovely yummy chocolates. Delivery was prompt. I purchased these online, only because of lockdown but shall visit in person when allowed.
I ordered a 720 gm box of Friars chocolate selection for my son and daughter in law. It was very promptly and safely delivered and greatly enjoyed (I have been told) by the receipients.
It is so disappointing when you buy a box of chocolates and get just one coffee cream. I bought a box of Friars for my wife who just loves coffee creams. She said that they were the best she had ever tasted.
Very good quality and presentation, and the chocolates were delicious, will definitely be ordering again.
Given as a gift. Recipient phoned to say she loves them.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Product was good quality, competitively priced and nicely packaged. It was expertly packed for delivery to ensure the chocolate shapes were not broken in transit. I would definitely use Friars for future gift purchases.
I found the lilac and rose creams a bit too sweet. However, the aroma was lovely and they came very promptly and beautifully packaged.
Great service, efficient delivery and gorgeous chocolates
I’ve ordered from Friars a few times now, and I’ve been very pleased with the speed of delivery from placing the order. The chocolate is yummy too. Will be using them again for sure.
Box of chocolates looked great. High-quality and worth the price. Gteat as a special present.
Order chocolate gift for a present, arrived quickly and looks really good
Easy to place order. Good selection for those who have a preference for no alcohol or no dairy. Sent as gift and recipient was very pleased. Would recommend to a friend.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 7,844 reviews