Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

It all started back in 1927 when William Long had the fabulous idea of opening a luxury chocolate shop in the picturesque town of Keswick, in the heart of the Lake District. He probably never dreamed it would still be in the same family nearly 100 years later.

In those early days the shop only opened during the summer months and it is believed William chose to winter in the Madeira sunshine. As you would expect the business has evolved in many ways since then, however certain principles remain since those early days.

Innovation – We were the first to make a prosecco truffle and then shortly after we followed with our fabulous gin truffle. More recently; although Easter eggs are synonymous with Easter, we decided to move away from the main stream and invented our famous hot cross bun truffle.

But all this only scratches the surface; we are also one of the first chocolate makers to start transitioning to 100% biodegrade packaging, among other things.

Quality – Any new chocolate must meet certain requirements to get past our strict tasting panel. If one of the panel gives a score below 9/10 then we simply won’t offer the chocolate to our customers.

Longevity – We are immensely proud of our historic routes and in this fast moving, ever changing world, we take pride in our tradition and heritage. Our rose and violet creams are the same ones that William sold on that first day of opening, back in 1927. We have survived and prospered over the last 90 years and with the launch of our Ambleside store and an online service, we fully intend to be around for the next 100 years.

After all life is too short, so why settle for ordinary chocolate?

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 30th December 2020
margaret Campbell
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 16th December 2020
Dennis Blackford
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 9th December 2020
Friars.co.uk 5 star review on 4th November 2020
Lingjie Wu
Chocolate orange cream very nice banoffee not nice honey combed very good
Hello Andrew, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with one of the flavours you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Could not taste alcoholic content
Hello Pamela, thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Very quick delivery and very well packaged . I order two boxes of 9 macarons and have to say one box were stale very hard and crunchy the second box were just as I had expected them to be softer and delicious bit disappointed overall would I reorder No
Hi Amanda, thank you for your review and we are sorry you were disappointed with your one box of 9 macrons. We will pass your feedback on to our Sales team who will be in touch with you. Many thanks, Friars Customer Services
I know it's been warm but my chocolates were melted. The coffee drops arrived in one clump. My box of chocolates were melted too. If I order again, I will leave it until the winter months.
Hi Rosina, we’re sorry you were disappointed with your order and your chocolates were melted. If you could please contact our sales team directly via telephone or email so we can resolve this issue for you. We apologise once again for any disappointment caused. Kind regards Friars Customer Service
I bought this as a fathers day present and he hasn't opened it yet so i'm sorry I can't write a review on it
Feedback from my friend who I bought salted caramel chocolates for was not good. She said that there was too much salt in them and that the balance against the caramel was poor.
I did feel these twirls were very expensive,when I worked it out I realized just how overpriced they are.
Chocolate coffee beans very good...quality dark chocolate...you can actually taste the natural coffee flavour

Lucky dip...received coffee creams...very good quality dark chocolate...you only need 1 at a time...very filling

Milk chocolate iPhone...disappointed with the size...was expecting a much larger bar...as it was for a gift for my niece
Very good friendly service but the ginger was not sufficiently strong for my Wife’s liking
Second review and further not to be repeated
Although the truffles are lovely I felt misled, I misunderstood and thought it would be a mix of them not a whole bag of what was chosen by you
Bought a lucky dip expected 60 chocolates got 48 all identical of a kind I didn't like so was surprised might be my fault but I expected an assortment.
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your review. The 1kg lucky dip should have 60 chocolates on average although this can vary depending on the chocolate. We are sorry that you were expecting an assortment however the product listing does state that the chocolate will be of one flavour which will be selected at random.

Kind Regards,
Friars
The chocolates are nice but very expensive. Love the imps wish I had bought more.
The sweets were ok but very expensive for such a small amount they weren't that good for the money
Dear Margaret, we are sorry you were disappointed with the price of our products. We do try to keep our prices competitive. Kind Regards, Friars Customer Services.
The tin of eggs was a lot smaller than I expected
Bunny rabbit and chocolate figures were lovely
The postage is quite high
The chocolates were not as flavourful as I'd like. Very mild flavor.
Dear Suzanne, We are sorry that you were disappointed with the Butter Tablets you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately, they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Lacked taste
Received in good time, unfortunately the chocolate had metled, so was a little disappointed.
Beautifully wrapped eggs. The chocolate is a little too sweet for our liking. Champagne truffles very disappointing flavour. Other filled chocolates were acceptable. Really wanted your products to rival Hotel Chocolat but sadly they don't.
Hi, We are sorry that you were disappointed with the Champagne truffles you received from us. We hope that our customers find our products enjoyable, although unfortunately, they may not be to everyone's personal taste. Kind Regards Friars Customer Service
Quite nice chocs, especially liked the dark chocolate marzipan. I'm vegetarian so very disappointed that I couldn't eat the Violet & Rose creams as they contain cochineal. Is this REALLY necessary with all the vegetarian alternative colours available. Luckily there are plenty of other brands that are vegetarian so I will spend my hard earned money with them. Would have rated them 4 or 5 star otherwise.
Easy to order, but package did arrive a day late, even though I had requested and paid for next day delivery.
Sorry to say that we were not entirely happy with the sugar free chocs. All tasted much the same and not a very nice taste.
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the no added sugar chocolate box that you purchased from us. We hope that our customers enjoy the products they purchase from us however they may unfortunately not be to everyone's personal taste.

Kind Regards,