Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
Dance Direct 5 star review on 4th June 2021
Suzanna
Dance Direct 5 star review on 26th May 2021
Katrina
Cheryl
Tessa G
Took over a week for the items to be dispatched
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are shipping orders as quickly as possible, but there is a notice on the website to advise of the delay.
Spent 9 days waiting for my order to process and no reply to emails then had to wait again for replacement sizes. Unhelpful customer service.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are dispatching orders as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay with your original order, I can see that your new one has now been shipped and should be delivered by Saturday.
The return process is certainly not hassle free as advertised on your website! I returned a leotard for exchange, which you received on August 5th. I am still waiting to receive the new item after multiple emails/online chats with very poor customer service responses (telling me I need to have more patience!!) I was advised a week ago by email that the exchange had been processed and sent out as 24 hour delivery. Still no sign of the item 7 days later! A month to process an exchange is unbelievable - most definitely not hassle free and not worth all the time wasted spent on chasing. Initial order placed in July and it's now September trying to get resolution. Not sure what is happening at Dance Direct, but if you are so short on staff and can't meet customer demands, you are at risk of losing customers. Other companies are managing despite covid restrictions.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. We are still a few weeks outside of our usual 14 day returns processing time and are dispatching within around 3 working days. I can see that your exchange order was dispatched on 1st September and delivered the following day. Apologies again for the delay and the inconvenience caused.
'Hassle free returns'. If you consider having to chase up the items you returned over a month ago and still not receive an email to say it has been processed never mind getting your money back, 'Hassle free' then great. I however do not. the costumer service is unhelpful and gets you nowhere so a few ballet shoes has now turned into a very stressful experience and I am still £50 out of pocket for items I returned 5 weeks ago.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. We are still a few weeks outside of our usual 14 day returns processing time and will process your return as quickly as we can. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Item not sent & then once I raised the issue, item still hasn't been received.
We are sorry to hear that one of the items was missing. I can see that you have contacted our customer service team and the replacement was dispatched shortly after. Apologies for the inconvenience caused and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.
Got wrong item sent to me
We are sorry to hear that you have received a wrong item. Please contact our customer service team on 0800 044 8440 or via e-mail to hello@dancedirect.com and we can rectify this for you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I returned a pair of ballet shoes nearly 4 weeks ago (22/7) and still no refund. Customer services are ignoring my emails
Good afternoon, thank you for your review. We did send you an e-mail last week to ask about the tracking number, did you not receive this? Please send us your tracking number to hello@dancedirect.com and we will be able to advise further. We apologise for the delay with returns at the moment, we had a large backlog due to the COVID related closure and are slowly getting back on track,
Covid has hit many businesses BUT come on all you have to do is send a replacement pair of shoes back, YOU are not front line saving lives, Just sending shoes back or in this case not.
Hi Lee, thank you for your review. If you are referring to a return you have made and are waiting for an exchange please e-mail us the tracking number on hello@dancedirect.com so that we can check when it was received and we can advise on when it is likely to be processed.
Still awaiting one item in which I have called today for it to be chased up and still heard nothing back . My daughter needs the outfit for Tuesday!
Good morning, we're really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. I can see that you already spoke to a member of our customer service team who was able to resolve this for you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
I have been a Dance Direct customer for many years and the company has never let me down in the past. However, I ordered a pair of shoes that I needed for an audition, with plenty of time to spare. A week later my order still had not arrived. When it did arrive, the shoes were missing from the order. Customer service informed me that the shoes were actually out of stock and therefore could not be sent to me at all. I still have not recieved the refund for these shoes that I asked for last week. It really let me down and I feel I can't count on Dance Direct in the future.
Good morning, I am so sorry for the delay with your order as well as the item that was out of stock. At the time of ordering our system showed that we still had 1 left, however when our warehouse team went to pick it they were unable to locate it. I completely understand your disappointment regarding the delay and if you do wish to order something in future please do not hesitate to contact us before on hello@dancedirect.com as I would like to offer you a small discount as a gesture of goodwill.
I’m waiting for the right pair I actually ordered and paid for ASAP sent wrong ones
Good afternoon, I am sorry to hear that you have received an incorrect pair. Please could you send us an e-mail with the photo of what you have received instead to hello@dancedirect.com and we will get a replacement sent out to you as soon as possible? Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
My order came missing most of the order
Good afternoon, thank you for your review. I have checked and can see that there have been multiple issues with your order and please accept our sincerest apologies for this. I can see that these have now been resolved and the replacements should have been delivered a few days ago. Please do not hesitate to contact us again on hello@dancedirect.com if you have any further questions.
Awful service. Many promises to fix their mistake then didn’t bother.
Good afternoon, thank you for your review. I have looked into this for you and I am so sorry for the multiple issues you have encountered with your order. If you do decide to place an order with us in the future please contact us via e-mail on hello@dancedirect.com as I would like to offer you a discount on your next order as a gesture of goodwill. Apologies again for all the delays and issues caused with your order.
I love the selection and the amount of things they offer. However I ordered something on May 29th and it's now june 21st and I haven't received anything yet. I contacted their customer service two weeks ago because I hadn't gotten any messages about shipment or delivery, and I still haven't. The customer service seems like they want to help but I find it strange that it's taking so long. They just keep telling me to wait longer. Besides that, I don't really understand their delivery method because apparently they didn't use a trackable service for my order. At this point I'm wondering if someone from dance direct is just going to show up at my building with the package, some day. I might not even be home because I never got a message that it would arrive that day, and then what? I asked for extra information or an indication for when my package should arrive, but they just told me it could take more time. I understand it's a strange time with the corona virus, but I feel like they are not being honest to me. They just offered to send me a replacement through a trackable service, which I will take. But I find it very strange that they didn't do that or offer that in the first place.
Good afternoon, I have looked into this further and can see that you have been communicating with our customer service team as the parcel took longer than usual to arrive. A full refund has now been processed as per your conversation with our customer service advisor Tash.
BEWARE! What an experience. I ordered on the 15th December and chose next day delivery. I was not told that the item was 'drop ship' at checkout and that in fact it could not be with me the next working day. When I asked for a refund for the shipping cost, the wrong amount was given to me initially, and I had to correct the woman I spoke to on the phone so that the correct amount was refunded. I was told the item would ship within 2 weeks. What I was not told was that the manufacturer's offices were shut for 2 weeks over the Christmas period. It took several emails to DD before they told me this information. If I had known it would take almost a month for me to receive the package, I would not have ordered at all. They were unable to tell me where the package was or when it would be sent out. After about 5 phone calls, someone had the idea to ask their manager when it would be sent. Wow - bright spark employee, am i right?! HERE'S THE KICKER. The manufacturer DIDN'T KNOW AN ORDER HAD BEEN PLACED. What kind of a system is that? There was no communication between DD and their supplier. Just terrible. Speaking to DD customer 'help'line is like trying to get blood from a stone. When they finally told me the item had shipped and would be with me the following day, they were unable to provide me with a shipping confirmation in email, despite the package being sent Royal Mail. There was supposed to be tracking information and there was none. DREADFUL SERVICE. DO NOT BUY.
Thank you for your feedback Leona. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you have had with your order. Some items are not held in our warehouse and have to be ordered from the supplier when a customer order is placed. This delay is stated on the item description on the website, although unfortunately there was an issue with the order being placed with the supplier. We take all feedback on board and will look to ensure this does not happen again.
Returned item which they stated hadn't been received until I gave them tracking number. Still waiting to receive refund 19 days later, wouldn't purchase from these again.
Thank you for your feedback. Our returns are processed within 14 days of being received, and your refund was processed on the 03/12/19.
Don't buy from them! I ordered shoes in several sizes as I was unsure on fit. I sent back the unwanted shoes and waited for the 14 days as stated on the returns policy to receive a refund. I called several times to see why I had not received a refund. First I was told they did not receive the goods although I checked the tracking. I then had to scan and send proof of the return- giving the tracking code on the phone was obviously not enough! I am still waiting on the refund and have been told it is being looked into - very poor customer service
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you have not yet received your refund. Please can you call customer services as soon as possible so we can investigate this situation for you.
I bought some shoes, shorts and Tshirt for my son. They arrived promptly but the shoes were way too small. I had bought his usual size so they are undersized in the description. I sent them back but they wouldn't replace them because they said they were dirty. There were marks on the soles but he'd only tried dancing round the kitchen in them once and as they are white syuede soles they mark straight away. I would not buy from this company again.
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we can only accept items back if they are in resaleable condition and unfortunately as they were marked on the sole due to being danced in we could not accept them back.
I am very unhappy with the service provided with this company. I ordered before 3pm and paid next day delivery in order that the tights would arrive for my daughter’s show that next day. Sadly they didn’t arrive for 2 weeks! I think this company completely let me down, it was my daughter’s first show and she was only 5. Please do not use the next day delivery service if you require a product the next day as it is not reliable.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry the delivery time took longer than expected. Please feel free to call our customer services team on 033 0333 0222, where one of our advisers can try to assist you.
I have had to return the dancing shoes ordered because the sizing is so inaccurate.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had to return the shoes due to the sizing. Please feel free to call our customer services team on 033 0333 0222, where one of our advisers can try to assist you.
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 3,172 reviews