Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
Item arrived quickly and was as expected, my only criticism is that after I placed my order I wanted to add another few items, I called the contact number but was told I would have to place a separate order and incur two lots of delivery charges, as this was literally within 5 mins of placing the original order I was disappointed nothing could be amended.
BEWARE! What an experience. I ordered on the 15th December and chose next day delivery. I was not told that the item was 'drop ship' at checkout and that in fact it could not be with me the next working day. When I asked for a refund for the shipping cost, the wrong amount was given to me initially, and I had to correct the woman I spoke to on the phone so that the correct amount was refunded. I was told the item would ship within 2 weeks. What I was not told was that the manufacturer's offices were shut for 2 weeks over the Christmas period. It took several emails to DD before they told me this information. If I had known it would take almost a month for me to receive the package, I would not have ordered at all. They were unable to tell me where the package was or when it would be sent out. After about 5 phone calls, someone had the idea to ask their manager when it would be sent. Wow - bright spark employee, am i right?! HERE'S THE KICKER. The manufacturer DIDN'T KNOW AN ORDER HAD BEEN PLACED. What kind of a system is that? There was no communication between DD and their supplier. Just terrible. Speaking to DD customer 'help'line is like trying to get blood from a stone. When they finally told me the item had shipped and would be with me the following day, they were unable to provide me with a shipping confirmation in email, despite the package being sent Royal Mail. There was supposed to be tracking information and there was none. DREADFUL SERVICE. DO NOT BUY.
Thank you for your feedback Leona. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you have had with your order. Some items are not held in our warehouse and have to be ordered from the supplier when a customer order is placed. This delay is stated on the item description on the website, although unfortunately there was an issue with the order being placed with the supplier. We take all feedback on board and will look to ensure this does not happen again.
The customer service I have recieved from this company is far from satisfactory. I have email twice regarding and order and yet to still recieve a response. There is no option to cancel an order that has been sitting waiting to be processed for nearly 2 weeks. I won't be placing any future orders
Thank you for your review. One of our advisors has just responded to your e-mail. Please note that you selected payment via bank transfer upon checkout and as no payment has been received by us the order has not been shipped. If you wish to receive this order please make payment either via bank transfer or by calling us on 0800 044 8440 where we can take payment over the telephone for you using a credit or debit card.
Fast delivery, good selection. However, on trying to ask advice on the online chat about sizing for ballet shoes, the lady was most unhelpful. I ended up having to order 3 times to try and get the correct size for my daughter.
Thank you for the review. I am sorry you did not have a good Live Chat experience. I will raise this with Customer Services on Monday.
We have looked into this issue and the Customer Service manager is taking steps to avoid this happening again.
The products are good but I waited 7 days for my order to be shipped and it wasn't, so I emailed customer service and they told me customers wait a maximum of three days and to be patient,then when my order came something was missing and it said I hadn't been charged for it but I had so I emailed again- I was told I would receive a refund because they've been discontinued but I still haven't. Disappointing experience because normally this website is good
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that an item was missing. I can see that a refund has already been requested and please allow 5 to 10 working days for this to show in your account.
Spent 9 days waiting for my order to process and no reply to emails then had to wait again for replacement sizes. Unhelpful customer service.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are dispatching orders as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay with your original order, I can see that your new one has now been shipped and should be delivered by Saturday.
The return process is certainly not hassle free as advertised on your website! I returned a leotard for exchange, which you received on August 5th. I am still waiting to receive the new item after multiple emails/online chats with very poor customer service responses (telling me I need to have more patience!!) I was advised a week ago by email that the exchange had been processed and sent out as 24 hour delivery. Still no sign of the item 7 days later! A month to process an exchange is unbelievable - most definitely not hassle free and not worth all the time wasted spent on chasing. Initial order placed in July and it's now September trying to get resolution. Not sure what is happening at Dance Direct, but if you are so short on staff and can't meet customer demands, you are at risk of losing customers. Other companies are managing despite covid restrictions.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. We are still a few weeks outside of our usual 14 day returns processing time and are dispatching within around 3 working days. I can see that your exchange order was dispatched on 1st September and delivered the following day. Apologies again for the delay and the inconvenience caused.
'Hassle free returns'. If you consider having to chase up the items you returned over a month ago and still not receive an email to say it has been processed never mind getting your money back, 'Hassle free' then great. I however do not. the costumer service is unhelpful and gets you nowhere so a few ballet shoes has now turned into a very stressful experience and I am still £50 out of pocket for items I returned 5 weeks ago.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. We are still a few weeks outside of our usual 14 day returns processing time and will process your return as quickly as we can. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Item not sent & then once I raised the issue, item still hasn't been received.
We are sorry to hear that one of the items was missing. I can see that you have contacted our customer service team and the replacement was dispatched shortly after. Apologies for the inconvenience caused and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.
Got wrong item sent to me
We are sorry to hear that you have received a wrong item. Please contact our customer service team on 0800 044 8440 or via e-mail to hello@dancedirect.com and we can rectify this for you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
The quality of clothing has been excellent with a great delivery timescale, especially for the COVID situation too. I have never had a problem returning any items and the website is easy to navigate and use. Would definitely recommend.
Still awaiting one item in which I have called today for it to be chased up and still heard nothing back . My daughter needs the outfit for Tuesday!
Good morning, we're really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. I can see that you already spoke to a member of our customer service team who was able to resolve this for you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Poor customer service and response time. I had a query on my order and it took me a long time and many emails to explain to them to understand my problem.
Good morning, there was a misunderstanding regarding the free gift and we tried to explain this a few times but there was no issue with the order overall. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Website gave option to pay extra for next day delivery but due to COVID-19 you are unable to offer whilst I had seen to allow 72 hours I thought that that was for standard deliveries and it wasn’t clear that next delivery would not be next day! I emailed and have been offered a refund so I guess no harm done but I think the next day delivery should be removed completely whilst you are unable to offer that service.
Good morning, thank you for your feedback, We do still ship orders on a next day service following the 72 hour dispatch window and if next day is not selected it goes on a standard service. Apologies for causing confusion.
I have ordered 4 pairs of the same ballet Capezio ballet shoe, UK size 4 and each time you have sent a Capezio Size 4 which is a UK 1. I have now been waiting 3 weeks for the replacement pair. Also, it takes weeks for the refund to be made. Altogether a poor service.
Good morning, thank you for your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the multiple errors with your order and thank you for allowing us to rectify this last week. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Efficient ordering process and delivery. Great shoes for very reasonable price
Dear Helen thank you for your review. We are pleased that you are happy with your order and the delivery of your shoes. We hope that you continue to shop with us in the future.
The garment I ordered was of good quality and excellent fit would defiantly use again
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear how well your order fits. We hope that you continue to use us in the future.
fast delivery, fast return. Not as it looked online but good service.
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your order. We apologise for items not looking the same as they do on the website. We hope that you continue to shop with us in the future.
The parcel arrived really quick, and I am really happy with the product. Really beautiful and original legging!
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your order and that you like the products. We hope that you continue to shop with us in the future.
great bag a great speedy servis
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 2,970 reviews