Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Dance Direct 5 star review on 25th May 2021
Cheryl
Dance Direct 5 star review on 25th May 2021
Tessa G
Was not happy bought a pair of tap shoes and never received them only when I phoned up about them to be told they could not find them or something and asked if I wanted to purchase anything else for the value of the shoes and I said no I want a refund and was not happy as they had no other shoes left in the size I wanted don’t think I will buy from them again big let down
We currently have three full warehouses in Newton Abbot, and we are ordering more than once a week from our key suppliers. Our in-stock position is over 90% overall and has been throughout the pandemic. We believe we continue to hold the largest stocks of any dancewear supplier in Europe. The vast majority of orders are being shipped immediately from stock, but we know there are products that you need which are not available and/or going onto back-order due to being impacted by our own suppliers during this time. Your order has been fully refunded and we hope that you will order from us again.
I ordered 10 days ago and have so far only received 1/3 of the order
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that part of your order was delayed. This was due to some items being located at an offsite warehouse. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Have returned a costume due to it being too small. It’s been over two weeks now and still waiting for a refund. Have also sent 2 emails chasing the refund and have heard nothing!!
I am sorry that there are delays in processing your returns as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. Returns are being processed in date order. Please allow us some time to work through them and you will receive an automated e-mail as soon as your return has been dealt with. If you requested a refund, then this will be processed as soon as possible.
The order arrived 3 months later because of your issues. The first time I believe that you didn't sent the pacage, because i didn't recieve any contact by DHL and the tracking of Dance Direct give informations as it was delivered at my house, and did not. The second time when arrived DHL asked me to pay a taxe fee of 81,37€. I refuse and DHL explain me that Dance Direct had sent with this option, so the parcel was returned. Just after a long talk with DHL and Dance Direct I understood what happened and resolved the situation and the order was sent for me again. I'm really disapointed with your services.
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, there was a couple of issues with DHL Portugal which were raised within the team and we worked together with you and DHL to solve as soon as possible. We believe this was resolved as per our last conversation, however, if there is any further issues that you would like to raise please do not hesitate to contact us again so that we can help resolve them too.
Quite disappointed I ordered ballet leotard and skirt from the same brand in the same colour ‘sky blue’ and they’re 2 different shades of blue. I’ll keep them because I need them but I think I’ll have to buy in person to avoid this in the future. Picking staff should notice this before sending it out.
I am sorry you have a colour difference between the skirt and leotard. Please can you send a photo to hello@dancedirect.com so that we can look into this.
Because of Brexit, I have payed much more on taxes than in the leotard.A big problem if you order from outside UK
Customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information. Please note international shipments may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities.
Incorrect items received, not a happy customer
I am sorry you received the wrong items. Please contact hello@dancedirect.com to let them know the problem and they will help you.
I ordered just a few minutes ago before making an account, after checkout I made an account and it says no orders. Is my order still coming as I have not received an email.
I am checking with the IT team and will get back to you when I know what has happened.
I have checked and your order has been received. It will be despatched today on a 48 hour tracked Royal Mail service. Sorry for the confusion.
We haven't received anything yet
I am sorry you have not received your order yet. I have passed this on to the customer service team and someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Haven’t received the full order, with no explanation or expected date. Free gift for £40 spend not received and the new customer discount code didn’t work. Wouldn’t order again.
I am sorry you are not happy with us. The customer discount code did not work as all the items you selected were Clearance items and not eligible for the discount. Unfortunately you did not add the free gift to your order which is why you did not receive it. It is now out of stock so is no longer available. The item you have not received is JH050B-ROY-7-8 which is out of stock and we have since been informed that it has been discontinued. I will arrange for a credit to be issued to you.
Unfortunately the Brexit quite influenced my buying experience. If you would sent in time (before 1.1.2021) I would not have to pay extra cca 50 EUR of customs expenses (import in a EU country) for a cca 100,- EUR order/bill.
I am sorry you are unhappy with your experience. Your order was placed at 10.33 pm on the 23rd of December and with the 3 working day despatch time it could not have been despatched before 1st January due to Christmas and subsequent bank holidays.
Very disappointed I wasn't given the free skirt for orders over £50, as I failed to click on the icon while processing my purchase. Dance Direct refuse to send it, even though they can clearly see my purchase was over £50.
Unfortunately your order had already been shipped when you asked for the skirt to be added, otherwise we would have added it in for you. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Cute little shoes but they are really small in size! My daughter is a size 4 infant and the 5 was way too small
I am sorry that the shoes did not fit. The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. If you want to return them please see the section Returns on the Dance Direct website which will tell you what to do.
The packaging was sticky and cheap and I took out the insert which made the outfit look like fancy dress rather than I a nice dress for a dance.
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the item and I will pass this feedback onto our buying department. You are of course welcome to return the item should it not be suitable.
The little tutu for my granddaughter is gorgeous and I’m sure she’s going to love it. The only problem was the awful smell when I opened it. I telephoned customer service and was advised that sometimes the netting smells like fish! In this instance it smelled of vomit. I hung it outside for two days and in the house for three nights. It now smells ok but I honestly could not have given this item to anyone straight away. Thankfully this is a Christmas gift so I have had plenty of time to air.
I am sorry about the smell. It is due to the product the manufacturers use for the stiffening of the netting. Sometimes a light spraying with something like Febreze will get rid of it, but failing that you did absolutely the right thing in airing it. I hope your granddaughter loves the tutu as much as you.
It wasn't exactly a great experience. One part of my order didn't arrive with the others, with no explanation. I assumed it was delayed. Then days after the rest of my order arrived I received an abrupt, unapologetic, un-explanatory email saying that that item was out of stock and did I want a refund. As opposed to what? And why did it take till *after* my other items had arrived to realised one item would never come? And when realised that this mistake had been made why wasn't it handled with a tiny bit more attention to the customer? I never even received a confirmation that I would be refunded for the missing item.
I am sorry you have not had a great experience with us. We have more than one warehouse but only ship from one of them. Rather than delaying sending out an order we sometimes split it to make sure you do not have to wait for the whole order to be consolidated, which is stated on the website. As far as the out of stock item is concerned we sometimes get notification from our suppliers that the expected delivery has been delayed or they themselves are out of stock. I will get the Customer Service manager to look at the out of stock notification and see if they can make it more customer friendly. I will make sure the refund is done as soon as possible.
Prompt delivery of item however I have now been waiting over 6 weeks for a refund. I wouldn't recommend ordering from this company if you need to order a selection for choice/size.
I am sorry you have not received your refund yet. I have passed this on to the Customer Service team who will chase it up for you and be in touch.
Still awaiting a refund for an item I returned that had make up all over it
I have emailed you to get more information about the returned garment and will deal with this as soon as i get a reply.
Fabric of 'outfit' cheap and thin. More like a market dressing up costume than an outfit. Wouldn't recommend.
I am sorry you are not happy with the quality of the garment. The Cheerleader Outfit you purchased is one of our Budget range of costumes and therefore made of a cheaper fabric. The COCH0087 Multi Star Cheerleader Dress is of a better quality but is consequently more expensive. If you want to return the outfit, please see the section Returns on the Dance Direct website which will tell you what to do.
Delivery and products all ok but service and returns are terrible. Sadly my order didn’t fit, I returned the items and after no response for 3 weeks I contacted them (figured COVID might have slowed things down) a further 3 weeks and 3 emails from myself I finally have a refund. They offer free returns but you will wait 6 weeks for your refund!
I am sorry that there were delays in processing your returns as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. Returns are being processed in date order and we have drafted in additional staff to help us catch up with the processing of returns and refunds. Hopefully if you have to return something in future it will be a swifter turn around. Thank you for the positive comments about the delivery and products.
Dance Direct is rated 4.59 based on 3,272 reviews