Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
I've ordered from you many times before but my last order the sizes were not true to size I ordered my 10yr old size 11-13 in ballet tights and 10-12 ballet skirt they both came up really small and had to send the items back
I am sorry that your products did not fit. The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size, but unfortunately this is not a guarantee. You should receive your refund shortly.
It would be more then this but I ordered size for a 12 year old as my son is 9 and wanted him to grow into it but it only just fits. I think the sizes are too small.
I am sorry the garment was small but as the manufacturers all work to different sizing standards we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. If you want to return this garment please contact hello@dancedirect.com who will advise you on what to do.
Size seemed very small. My daughter is nearly 5 so bought age 5-6 but have had to return for the larger age 7-8.
The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. Sometimes there are problems with the fit and I hope you get the correct size soon.
Disappointing that the tap shoes ordered turned out to be unavailable. Alternatives suggested were or similar price but not the same quality.
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that one of the items was unavailable and that the alternative that was suggested to you was not suitable. When an item is unavailable we always suggest alternatives in similar price ranges but would also been happy to substitute for an item of your choice. Your refund has already been processed for you.
I have made my order Order #000178669 on March 3rd, had a huge difficulty contacting you guys with no response so far. Got an email with shipping information, but when trying to track it I get a message that "there is no information about your package" Please get back to me
Thank you for your review. We have received your e-mail which you sent yesterday morning and as all e-mails are responded to in date and time order we have not yet been able to respond. Your order was despatched yesterday on a non-trackable service which can take 5 to 15 working days to arrive in Israel.
Unfortunately my dance shoes came with the sewing unattached around the ankle area.
Please can you send a photo of the shoes to hello@dancedirect.com who will be able to help you
This product arrived with an aqua tulle stiched onto the bodice front and back? This is not what was advertised in the photos. It was also pictured as having an underskirt which it did not have, nor cite as not having. Given the cost and the fact that it was a Christmas gift, we're disappointed. Can you please offer a solution? I will forward photos via my email. Thank you.
I am sorry you are not happy with your purchase. I understand that someone from The Customer Service team has emailed you to try and sort out your issue.
I found they were of lovely quality but in my opinion the waist to leg measurements didn't fit any of the girls they were far too long so will be returning them.
Thank you for your review. We're sorry that the measurements were not as expected and I will pass this feedback onto our buying department. You are of course welcome to return the items for an exchange or a refund.
Very slow delivery
This was despatched on the day after you ordered it. I am going to chase up Royal Mail and see why it was not delivered sooner. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
I did not got my order yet, so I can't evaluate..
I can see from your order confirmation that the expected delivery date to you in the Czech Republic is 09/11/2020. If you have still not received it in the next couple of days please contact hello@dancedirect.com who will help you.
Items came separately.
We have more than one warehouse but only ship from one of them. Rather than delaying sending out an order we sometimes split it to make sure you do not have to wait for the whole order to be consolidated. As it states on the website "Your order may be shipped in separate deliveries. If so, you will not incur additional postage charges."
I was a little unsatisfied because the products took a long time to be delivered and the website stated delivery would be within 7 days. When I did receive the order the items were too small so I returned them. Four weeks after I'd returned the order I hadn't received a refund so I emailed Customer Service. I received a very prompt and efficient reply from Scott who said he'd arrange a refund, which he did. Although I had to do some chasing and delivery/returns took a long time, you do have very efficient staff on hand to help. I would use Dance Direct again, I would just allow more time for delivery. Thank you, Mandy.
Dear Mandy Thank you for the Review. I am so pleased that you are happy with the way we deal with problems as we pride ourselves on our customer Service.
Wrong size, easy to return, awaiting a refund and will then try again!
Thank you for your review. I hope you are happy with the new ones. I am pleased that you found the returns process easy.
Ease of ordering and delivery was good but unfortunately, although I ordered a size larger than normal, shoes were too small and the wrong shoes sent.
I am sorry you were sent the wrong shoes. Please send a photo of the shoes you received to hello@dancedirect.com and they will be able to help you. Thank you for the good comments about the service.
It took a long time to deliver the goods
I am sorry there was a delay in despatching your order. Due to the current circumstances we are operating social distancing measures in our warehouse, but we are endeavouring to keep to the 3 working days between order placement and despatch of the order.
I have an item to follow my order (so it says on the delivery note) however I haven’t received any further details as to when this will be.
The tights are due early October so should be with you shortly.
it's been 2 weeks since i paid my order and still haven't received it, neither do i know when i'm getting my order.
This order was sent by European Air Mail on the 16th September. Please check with your local office to see if they have it.
The delivery took a bit long
I am sorry there was a delay in despatching your order. Due to the current circumstances we are operating social distancing measures in our warehouse, but we are endeavouring to keep to the 5 - 7 days between order placement and despatch of the order.
Order not dispatched after 10 days had to contact customer services Who told me that I had to waiting between 7 to 10 days for dispatch I had already waited 14. Average pricing and sizes do come up a little small.
Took too long to ship....
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 2,980 reviews