Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
Waiting more than one month, to receive a package with fees .... 43 euros fees on 122 eur total. Nobody s pick up the phone (france). No thx you
I understand that you have been contacted by one of the Customer Service team to resolve this issue.
Dance teacher advised to go up a size but my slim build 12 year old doesnt even fit I'm the adult medium.
I am sorry that the item you ordered did not fit. The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. Please email hello@dancedirect.com who will be able to advise you what to do next.
Hi there I am waiting for a month for my package to arrive with no luck :( This is called poor customer service Please get back to me Order #000178669
I am sorry your parcel has not arrived. I have asked the Customer Service team to look into this and they will be in contact with you.
I have returned the sneakers as they had no grip and I did not feel they would be safe to wear
I am sorry you are not happy with the shoes. We will refund the cost of them when we have received your parcel. Please expect delays in returns processing as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. Returns will be processed in date order. Please allow us some time to work through them and you will receive an automated e-mail as soon as your return has been processed.
My parcel didn't arrive at all.
Thank you for your review. I have checked your account and can see that you already spoke to my colleague on 25th March and an investigation with Royal Mail was raised and it appears that the parcel was lost in transit. A replacement will be dispatched shortly for you, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
The product was stained when I received it and as it is for a dance competition, I didn’t have time to send it back. It is a damaged good and I paid a lot of money for it. I sent 3 emails which all got returned with no response and I also tried the live chat on the website and no one bothered to respond. I am very very disappointed with this company and my 4 year old was very upset that her dance competition costume is damaged!! I will not be recommending your company to anyone. Emma parker
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies about the bounced back e-mails, we did temporarily have an issue last week which was resolved within a short space of time. With regards to the livechat, I can see that a member of the team responded to you and asked for pictures of the faulty item but we did not hear back from you. I will send a replacement costume out asap, please could you e-mail us photos of the faulty item to hello@dancedirect.com? Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Came two weeks late, told the staff and she said that I ordered with a completely different company only to find out it was their mistake
Hi Kieley, thank you for your feedback. There was indeed a technical issue with your order and I apologise for the confusion and delay you experienced in receiving your items. I have arranged for a full refund to be processed.
Item arrived damaged and no reply to my email regarding this.
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you have received a faulty item and no response from us, I have searched our inbox for your order number and your e-mail address but I cannot find an e-mail from you. Please could you send us an e-mail with a photo of the faulty item clearly showing the fault to hello@dancedirect.com and we'd be happy to replace this for you?
I got my footless tights on Monday and only got them out of the package Ion Tuesday. I have just went to put them on and there’s a massive ladder down the side. These were quite expensive and I only been wearing them for four days!
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that the tights you have ordered are faulty and we are sending a free replacement out to you asap. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly on hello@dancedirect.com.
I gave only one star since they asked me my opinion. It’s the only website where items suddenly disappear! I was about to order some Capezio pointe shoes plus some leotards, suddenly all the capezio pointe were out of stock ! Why do they keep taking stock in and out of the website? Very unreliable! Not happy so I deleted the whole basket! Plus I have received several times the wrong item / colour/ size with the hassle of having to print the return label and post it back .
I am sorry you have had issues with the stock on the website. I have passed this on to the IT team and they are working to get this sorted out. If you have received the wrong item please email hello@dancedirect.com who will be only too willing to help you.
Cannot receive my shipment as sent internationally with no tracking or phone number attached International shipments must be sent with tracking so we can follow Shipment now is lost
I understand that you have been in contact with the customer services team. It usually takes 15 days to deliver to Kuwait but as things stand at the moment some things are taking longer. We are checking with Royal Mail to see if we have included the correct information on the address label as we have never had to attach a phone number before. We hope your parcel arrives soon.
It has been more than 8 days since ordering and still NO information on the shipment. Crappy service and will never buy again.
Thank you for your review and for your call earlier today. I can confirm that your order was shipped on 25th January and delivery to Finland can take 5 to 10 working days, but please note that there may be delays currently due to the ongoing restrictions. With regards to the dispatch e-mail, I am really sorry that you did not receive this and we are currently looking into this.
Fiz a encomenda em 29/11/2020 e não recebi a encomenda nem a devolução do dinheiro no valor de 39,..€. Não recomendo esse site. Enviei um e-mail a solicitar esclarecimento e até o momento nada. Uma vergonha.
Thank you for your review. A member of our customer service team has already been in touch with you and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
I'm extremely unsatisfied, 'cause: - I did order from your website on 2021-01-21 - the payment was done immediately and I can see in my bank account - waited till 2021-01-27 for the confirmation for dispatched package - did not receive any information, send and email to you regarding it and did not get any feedback - I'm in serious need of this package in next few days and not sure what I should do?
Thank you for your review. Your order was placed on the 21st January shipped on the 22nd on a non-tracked service which can take around 10 working days to arrive in Lithuania. Please note that there may be delays due to the ongoing restrictions but I hope that you will receive your parcel soon.
very poor fit
I am sorry that the shoes did not fit. The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. If you want to return them please see the section Returns on the Dance Direct website which will tell you what to do.
Tried to order a UK 11 instead of a UK 12 (which I ordered previously) of the black CZ458 but from the order form contained with the new pair of shoes received today, you sent the UK 12 again. I don’t have time to be messing around ordering more pairs now so I’m going to have to put up with a worse fitting, different style of jazz shoe. I’m disappointed I had to pay shipping for you to send me the wrong shoes.
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues when ordering. I have checked the order and can see that one pair was ordered in a UK 11 and the Capezio pair in a UK 12 and the order was over £40 so it went with free delivery. If you would like to exchange these for a smaller size you are welcome to return them using our free returns service or alternatively you can return them for a refund.
Item not received!
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order. I can see that it was dispatched as planned on the 14th December but it looks like there are some delays with Royal Mail due to the volume of parcels they are currently dealing with. Please allow an extra few days for the parcel to arrive and you can also check the tracking information which you received via e-mail on the 14th December.
It’s just a tutu, pictures show an outfit Rip off
I am sorry you are not happy with your purchase but the description does say: * A beautiful Capezio tutu skirt from their Fairy Petals range * Stiff Tulle tutu featuring petals, perfect for all fairies out there * Team with a leotard to complete the look
I was mislead to buy an outfit that I needed for my daughters rock star day the information about delivery being on time was misleading I had to sort my delivery out with my local postoffice to make sure I will receive it on time dance direct couldn't accept that the misleading information was given to me by there staff very argumentative
I am sorry you are not happy. There is a notice on the website to advise of the current timescales and the parcel was dispatched within 2 working days rather than the 3 as advertised. When you enquired about your parcel you were given the tracking number and advised to contact your local sorting office to see if you could perhaps collect it to receive it quicker and that they may be able to help. I can see from the tracking number that it was sent on a tracked 48 hour delivery and delivered on time.
I would like to complain as I have not received the jazz shoes for school that I have paid for and ordered for my daughter 3 weeks ago could you please let me know when I would receive them ?!!!!
I am sorry the shoes have not been received. Your parcel was despatched on the same day as you placed your order and the Royal Mail Tracker says it was delivered on the 20th. We are contacting Royal Mail to ascertain where it was delivered to. We will send you an email when we have more information.
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 2,947 reviews