Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Dance Direct 5 star review on 25th May 2021
Cheryl
Dance Direct 5 star review on 25th May 2021
Tessa G
The website is very misleading and so I received the incorrect dress without the logo on the back. Customer services were very unhelpful with the situation and did nothing to help get the correct product. I would not recommend this company and will be telling as many people at the dance school not to use them also. In this day and age can you afford to have bad customer service? Dreadful
I am sorry you received the incorrect item. I checked with Customer Services and they responded to you with the following email on the 30th June:- "The item you have ordered is a First position item Q16AQ-3A-1st Position Voile Skirted Cap Sleeve Leotard Aqua Size 3A . This is not a branded leotard. If you required the item with an ISTD logo the item code is ISTD09AQ-3A-ISTD Ballet Pre Primary, Primary -Grade 1 Voile Skirted Leotard Aqua-Size 3A. If the item you have received is not suitable you are able to return the item to us using the free returns label from our website . I hope that this information helps and should you have any further questions please do contact us."
Attention!!1ère et dernière commande Taxes de douane hallucinante!!! Plus de 65€ de frais d’envois et taxes pour 90€ de commande 😡
Bonjour, nous sommes désolés que vous ne soyez pas satisfait(e) de votre commande. N'hésitez pas à nous contacter sur france@dancedirect.com si vous souhaitez en discuter davantage. Cordialement, Lisa
Frais de port excessifs 20 euros pour quelques collants plus 36 Euros de frais de douanes !!! 56 euros la livraison cela commence à être chers. Création d'un compte professeur qui au final de sert à rien car nous sommes assommez par les taxes !!!!
Merci pour votre commentaire. Nous sommes désolés que vous ne soyez pas satisfait de votre expérience d'achat chez nous. Toutes les informations concernant les nouvelles procédures douanières suite au Brexit sont disponibles ici : https://www.dancedirect.fr/info-ddfr-customers. Notre bureau à Bordeaux a fermé en Août 2020 et, d'un point de vue logistique, nous ne sommes pas en mesure de proposer des tarifs locaux à nos clients internationaux. Il était devenu peu rentable de maintenir notre petit bureau local et notre entrepôt à Bordeaux. Tous deux étaient beaucoup plus petits que nos opérations couvrant le reste de l'Europe et aussi les États-Unis. Cela signifiait que nos clients de Dance Direct en France ne pouvaient acheter qu'une fraction de notre gamme totale de produits. Une combinaison de COVID en conjonction avec l'expiration du bail des locaux a accéléré ces plans.
Extremely poor customer service. Happy to take your money but ignore refunds when items are unsuitable. Avoid is my advice. I'll need to persue the matter with my credit card now unfortunately.
I am sorry you are not happy with our service. I have checked your returns and they were refunded to your card on the 28th May and should appear on your statement soon.
Ordered tap shoes on 26/04 arrived after a couple days but needed to exchange for a bigger size. Sent back on 04/05, warehouse received them on 06/05. Still waiting on exchanged shoes. Rang on 17/05 was the should received then in a couple of days. Rang again on 25/05. Told could be another couple of weeks so I asked them to refund which could also take 2 weeks. I thought it would be easier to do an exchange rather that ask for a refund and reorder.
I am sorry you have not received your refund yet. Please expect delays in returns processing as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. Returns will be processed in date order. Please allow us some time to work through them and you will receive an automated e-mail as soon as your return has been processed. If you requested a refund then this will be processed as soon as possible.
Very poor quality shoes and sizing are way off. Brought a size half bigger than my disguises shoe size as they don’t do half sizes and she can’t even fit her toes in them they are like dolls shoes. Tried to send them back but no returns label. I have emailed the company and still no response. Won’t order anything else have no confidence in the sizing or quality , or customer service
Contacted as the size 12 shoes I received are smaller than the size 11s she already has. Nobody has responded to my email. Terrible customer service! See photo comparing shoes!
It looks as though the 2 shoes are different makes and manufacturers all work to different sizing standards. We publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. I will pass this on to the customer service team.
Ordered tap shoes and ballet socks for my daughter’s show, said 3-5 days for delivery. Ballet socks turned up and said tap shoes to follow but no estimated delivery. Tried to contact them and emailed asking when to expect them but no response! I would pay a bit more a for better service
Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Initially I was pleased with the company. My order was delivered quickly. Unfortunately I needed to return most of it, 2 items for exchange and one for a refund. I returned the items on 25th April. Tracking shows it was revived 28th April. As of today 17th May I have heard nothing about a refund and revived no exchanges. I emailed them last Wednesday and today, the following Monday have still heard nothing. I have just tired running them and they are now shut at 1pm. My daughter has been without dancing items for several classes now and they still have all my money!
I am sorry you have not received your refund yet. Returns are being processed in date order. Please allow us some time to work through them and you will receive an automated e-mail as soon as your return has been dealt with. If you requested a refund, then this will be processed as soon as possible. I have contacted the customer service team so they can follow this up.
Rubish service !!!
Thank you for your review. I understand that you are unhappy with the response time to e-mails as in peak periods such as now it can take up to 5 working days to respond which is also shown on the auto response e-mail. I can see that your enquiry was resolved and your order delivered last Monday. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I submitted a question regarding my order and a missing item on the 5th of May, it's now the 12th and I've still yet to hear anything back from them. Very disappointing service!
I am sorry you have not had a response sooner. I understand that the Customer Service team has now been in contact with you.
Received my order promptly, one item was fine the other too small so I returned for an exchange this was three weeks ago, have e mailed to chase up and heard nothing !
A replacement was sent out on the 6th. Please email hello@dancedirect.com if this has not yet arrived.
The customer service I have recieved from this company is far from satisfactory. I have email twice regarding and order and yet to still recieve a response. There is no option to cancel an order that has been sitting waiting to be processed for nearly 2 weeks. I won't be placing any future orders
Thank you for your review. One of our advisors has just responded to your e-mail. Please note that you selected payment via bank transfer upon checkout and as no payment has been received by us the order has not been shipped. If you wish to receive this order please make payment either via bank transfer or by calling us on 0800 044 8440 where we can take payment over the telephone for you using a credit or debit card.
hi my name is mr sid jamieson 96 Mcbaith way dunfermline ky118yy i ordered 2 pair of dance sneekers uk size 9 in my package i only recieved 1 pair ordered on 28.4.21 order no. sor2214046 can you sort this thank you A.S.A.P
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you have only received one pair and we will send a replacement out to you as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Waiting more than one month, to receive a package with fees .... 43 euros fees on 122 eur total. Nobody s pick up the phone (france). No thx you
I understand that you have been contacted by one of the Customer Service team to resolve this issue.
Dance teacher advised to go up a size but my slim build 12 year old doesnt even fit I'm the adult medium.
I am sorry that the item you ordered did not fit. The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. Please email hello@dancedirect.com who will be able to advise you what to do next.
Hi there I am waiting for a month for my package to arrive with no luck :( This is called poor customer service Please get back to me Order #000178669
I am sorry your parcel has not arrived. I have asked the Customer Service team to look into this and they will be in contact with you.
I have returned the sneakers as they had no grip and I did not feel they would be safe to wear
I am sorry you are not happy with the shoes. We will refund the cost of them when we have received your parcel. Please expect delays in returns processing as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. Returns will be processed in date order. Please allow us some time to work through them and you will receive an automated e-mail as soon as your return has been processed.
My parcel didn't arrive at all.
Thank you for your review. I have checked your account and can see that you already spoke to my colleague on 25th March and an investigation with Royal Mail was raised and it appears that the parcel was lost in transit. A replacement will be dispatched shortly for you, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
The product was stained when I received it and as it is for a dance competition, I didn’t have time to send it back. It is a damaged good and I paid a lot of money for it. I sent 3 emails which all got returned with no response and I also tried the live chat on the website and no one bothered to respond. I am very very disappointed with this company and my 4 year old was very upset that her dance competition costume is damaged!! I will not be recommending your company to anyone. Emma parker
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies about the bounced back e-mails, we did temporarily have an issue last week which was resolved within a short space of time. With regards to the livechat, I can see that a member of the team responded to you and asked for pictures of the faulty item but we did not hear back from you. I will send a replacement costume out asap, please could you e-mail us photos of the faulty item to hello@dancedirect.com? Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Dance Direct is rated 4.59 based on 3,285 reviews