Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
This is simply due to the time it took for the item to be dispatched and delivered
I am sorry there was a delay in despatching your order. Due to the current circumstances we are operating social distancing measures in our warehouse, but we are endeavouring to keep to the 5 - 7 days between order placement and despatch of the order.
My item arrived late, I contacted dance direct and the customer service was poor. They promised to get the items out on 24h delivery and didn't it was on the standard 48h delivery.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are shipping orders as quickly as possible and we are sorry that your order was delayed. I can see that on this occasion it was shipped late in the evening where we only have the option to ship it on a 48 hours delivery, had we waited until the next day we could have sent it on a 24 hour delivery but it would have arrived at the same time.
The items I ordered were really good, and as I had imagined. The quality was excellent and the fit just right. However I was disappointed with the delivery of the items. The order took 9 days to arrive ( I placed the order at 1.30pm during a weekday). I received no notifications informing me of when my order was being processed or despatched. It was only after contacting customer services directly did I find out what was happening. I sent a further email asking for a refund on my postage and packaging, given the delay in receiving my order and, again it took 3/4 days for someone to get back to me. All in all I am happy with the products but disappointed with the level of service I received.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. I can see that in your case we were slightly outside the timescales shown on the checkout page but I'm glad to hear that you were able to speak to our customer service team even though it took slightly longer than usual. Back to school season is always our busiest time of year and our response times are longer due to the large amount of orders and enquiries we receive, Apologies for the delay and the inconvenience caused.
Took so long to come that I had to buy elsewhere and postage too expensive
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. Please note that there is a notice on the website pop up as well as the checkout page to advise all customers of the current timescales.
Sent me the wrong size and then didn’t have the right size in stock!
Thank you for your review. We're sorry that you have received an incorrect item and unfortunately we are unable to replace it as the size you ordered is now out of stock. Due to this we have requested a full refund to be processed asap, please allow 5 to 10 working days for this to show in your account. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Shoes were great, delivery was not! Website says same day/next day dispatch, I waited over a week and had to chase them, still took another 2 days to send them. Had to phone numerous times as the "on hold" eventually cuts you off. Good products if you have Weeks to wait otherwise give it a miss.
Thank you for your review. We're sorry that you were unable to get through to us but we're glad to hear that you are happy with the shoes. With regards to the delivery, there is a notice on checkout that advises of the current timescales as same day dispatch is not currently available.
my order took a week to ship and once it arrived my tap shoes were missing and i still haven’t received them
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that an item was missing. I can see that one of the items you have ordered was not in stock and is currently kept on backorder as a new delivery is due within 1 - 2 weeks. If you are happy to wait then you don't need to do anything and we will ship it out as soon as the delivery arrives, however if you prefer to receive a refund for this item please let us know and we can arrange this for you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Still waiting on half of my order, the tracking number isn't working and I have emailed with no reply. Not overly impressed so far I am afraid.
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you have not received your order. I can see that you have already been in touch with our customer service team who have investigated this issue and unfortunately the parcel was declared as lost by the courier. As this was the last item in stock we are unable to send a replacement so please let us know whether you wish to receive an alternative or a full refund. Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.
Ordered 2 pairs of ballet shoes in different sizes, unfortunately 1 pair was the wrong size (a tiny baby size) and when I contacted to explain the reply was the size I ordered was no longer in stock, waiting for a refund.
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you received an incorrect item. I can see that a refund has already been requested and please allow 5 to 10 working days for this to show in your account.
The products are good but I waited 7 days for my order to be shipped and it wasn't, so I emailed customer service and they told me customers wait a maximum of three days and to be patient,then when my order came something was missing and it said I hadn't been charged for it but I had so I emailed again- I was told I would receive a refund because they've been discontinued but I still haven't. Disappointing experience because normally this website is good
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that an item was missing. I can see that a refund has already been requested and please allow 5 to 10 working days for this to show in your account.
Dispatch time for items is terrible. I’ve had to chase my orders on more than one occasion and then when it finally arrived one of the items was wrong and sizing terrible. Had to go local to buy and cost double the price. Two orders raised now but unfortunately will not be using again.
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you have received a wrong item and I can see that we have sent the correct one out the following day. In regards to sizing, this can vary from brand to brand and as such it can be difficult to work out the size you require. We are currently working with our suppliers to make more information available on the website to assist our customers in choosing the right size. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Still waiting for the product
Thank you for your review. Your order was dispatched on 2nd September with European Air Mail which can take up to 15 working days to arrive.
Ordered two pairs of shoes, one too small and not reflective of UK sizing, the other pair broken after one wear. Sent for exchange, 3 weeks later have heard nothing from dance direct. When I phone for an update, none can be given. My daughter now has no shoes to dance in.
Thank you for your review. Especially with shoes the sizing can vary from brand to brand and as such it can be difficult to work out the size you require. We are currently working with our suppliers to make more information available on the website to assist our customers in choosing the right size. In regards to your return, we will process your exchange as soon as possible. Normal turnaround times for returns are usually 14 days but it's currently taking up to 21 days due to high volumes of returns post lockdown. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Only received one of the 2 pairs I ordered and no further info about my order.
Thank you for your review and for taking my call just now. I'm ever so sorry about the lack of information about the missing item and as discussed we are shipping the alternative out to you as soon as we possibly can.
The larger size of tight came with a ladder in. Not very good
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that one of the tights had a ladder in, please can you send us a photo of the item to hello@dancedirect.com and we can arrange a replacement for you? Please also include your order number and advise which of the 2 tights was faulty. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Not received it yet.
Hi Anthony, your order was shipped on the 11/08/20 and delivery was attempted on the 15/08/20 by Royal Mail. I have sent you an email with the tracking information to re-arrange delivery.
Paid £5 extra for next day delivery and still took several days to receive my order. This happened with 2 orders. Sizes are way out.
Sain ihan väärän tuotteen. Ja oikea tuote on loppu...
Good morning, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you have received a wrong item. I can see that one of our customer service advisors has already been in touch to find out whether you would like to wait for the item to come back into stock or whether you would prefer a refund. Please let us know by e-mailing us on hello@dancedirect.com.
Hi! I love the way I purchase items from your product. But please to remind you that I haven't yet received the item I ordered three weeks ago. Please give me some updates. Thank you
Hello, thank you for your review. I have checked your order and can see that it was sent with Air Mail, which can take up to 15 working days to arrive in Bahrain. Your order was dispatched on 14th July and please allow until 4th August for your parcel to be delivered. If you have any further questions please e-mail us on hello@dancedirect.com.
Poor customer service and response time. I had a query on my order and it took me a long time and many emails to explain to them to understand my problem.
Good morning, there was a misunderstanding regarding the free gift and we tried to explain this a few times but there was no issue with the order overall. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Dance Direct is rated 4.60 based on 3,476 reviews