Cruise118.com Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Cruise118.com

How would you rate Cruise118.com ?

"Hanna was really good"
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. i am pleased that Hannah was able to help you with your query. Thanks again for choosing Cruise118.
"My sister and I booked and paid for a 15nts Caribbean Cruise on the Azura departing Southampton 19th October with cruise118 and after looking at other prices 'I know I shouldn't' found 2 more firms which were cheaper and offering a considerable amount of OBC. Unfortunately nothing could be done about it after several emails and phone calls not even a small token amount of OBC so your claim 'We will not be beaten on price' is incorrect. Natalie who originally booked our trip was very nice and friendly and Katey who has dealt with my query was also very nice and did try to resolve this. We are looking forward to our trip but are really disappointed nothing could be done. Shame we didn't shop around before booking and paying in full."
Dear Mrs Fleming

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our service.

I am glad to hear Katey and Natalie were able to assist you however please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment caused due to the change in promotion.

We will always aim to provide the best possible price and promotion for our customers, including price matching out competitors. However due to the nature of the travel industry and fluid pricing, we are unable to amend your price or promotion once the booking has been confirmed.

if there is anything further we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us and we look forward to assisting you further in order to restore your faith in our company.

Kind regards

For and on behalf of WTH (UK) LTD

Chelsie Foster
Customer Relations Manager

Phone: 0207 138 8302

The Bridge, Unit 4, Moorland Gate Business Park, Cowling Road, Chorley, PR6 9FE

WTH (UK) Ltd is a member of ABTA and part of World Travel Holdings, the largest cruise retail business in the world.
Michael Watling
Verified Reviewer
"We recently booked a 1 week tour of CHINA followed by a 2 week cruise,I spoke to NICOLA who was very polite. In the discussion it was mentioned that we would need to obtain a VISA to visit CHINA,i was told by NICOLA that the cost of the visa would be about £200 each, i must admit that this was a bit of a shock because it would add £400 to the cost of our holiday so i said that i would have a word with a chinese friend of mine to see if she could arrange it a bit cheaper for us,my friend said that i would be just as well to arrange it with the agent as if any mistakes were made it could be costly. I then decided to book the holiday at a total cost of £7200 i called back to book the holiday and advised that the week in CHINA was through WENDY WU tours and the cruise was through HOLLAND AMERICA LINE,i was asked to pay a deposit of £1200 to secure the booking,i must admit that i was shocked at the deposit required but even so i agreed. I then received my booking confirmation on the 18th MARCH 2018,in the meantime i saw a WENDY WU brochure that clearly states that all WENDY WU tours and prices include the cost of the tour,i contacted WENDY WU tours and was advised by them that the tour CRUISE 118 had booked for me was classed as a private tour and did not include the price of the visa. On the 5th APRIL 2018 i received a updated booking confirmation from CRUISE 118 advising me the cruise itinerary had been changed one of the countrys with 2 destinations had been changed,i then contacted CRUISE 118 to be told that my 1 week holiday did not include the visa,s also the cost of getting my 2 visas was in actual fact not £200 each but just under £300 each,also the cruise itinerary had been changed for operational reasons and no further information was obtainable,i asked what would happen if i cancelled and was advised i would lose my deposit. And on top of that when i spoke to the so called resolution centre being advised that there was nothing they could or would do i found out they were taking even more money of me,a 20 minute cost me over £7. We are still going on holiday but hope the holiday is better than the service (or lack off)than we got from this company. We cruise a lot ,every year but we will not be using CRUISE 118 for future booking i do realise they are a company that needs to make a profit and also realise sometimes in life and business things go wrong,but feel that its not the things that go wrong that are the issue its how the issue is dealt with and rectified that is the most important issue. I honestly believe that CRUISE 118 has not only let us down but moreso let themselves down as i will no longer book with them in the future and also advise our very large circle of cruise friends of what has happened. I ask in all fairness to all that read this how would you feel if you were in our situation"
Thank you for your comments Michael. Although this is not the feedback we are either expecting or indeed used to receiving, we appreciate you taking the time to review our service. Even though our overall score indicates that we offer great service on the majority of occasions, we try to never become complacent and constantly look for opportunity to improve even further. Unfortunately, there are times when a cruise line amends its itinerary. We understand this is very disappointing, however this is out of our control. We wish you a great cruise and if we can be of any assistance in the future we would love the opportunity to try and help you.

Thank you again.
"My issues have not been resolved yet but Rachael Bennison has been very quick to respond to my emails thanks WOR 13201"
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you have an issue, I am sure Rachael and the rest of the Cruise118 Concierge team can resolve your issues and will go the extra mile to ensure your experience is a happy one.

I'd like to thank you for booking with Cruise118.
Maurice Shenton
Unverified Reviewer
"We are on a 4 week tour our cruise is the last week,they told me that our tickets would come 7 days before the cruise but we would already be in America.I rang to ask them to send ticket early.Two weeks before we leave and they said they would send them Oh no you did'nt, then 1 week before we went they again said they would send them Oh no you did'nt. I it was'nt for Janet Caine I dont know when I would have got them. THANKS Janet. I leave on Tuesday and got them on Saturday 3 days before we leave Not a Happy bunny."
Thank you Maurice Shenton for you review. I'm so sorry to hear that we didn't get it right first time and would like to apologise, that is not our standard service. However, I am very pleased to hear that we managed to turn it around for you and will thank Janet Cain for ensuring your tickets were received.

We look forward to hearing about your cruise on your return and hope to book your next cruise adventure.

Than you again for booking with Cruise118.
"ON the whole helpful staff."
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As a company, we strive to provide exceptional service as standard and would really appreciate any feedback to ensure we meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact us If you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
Cruise 118
"My past experience with Cruise 118 has been good. On this occasion, I was left wishing I hadn't booked my holiday with Cruise 118 as the wealth of information and the importance of obtaining the correct visas is crucial to sailing or not on the ship. As I am sailing on a world cruise on the Arcadia in January 2018, I contacted the Cruise Concierge Customer Experience Team who told me, as we are a Travel Agent we do not provide information relating to the ports of call and related visas. Thankfully my usual Cruise Concierge came to the rescue and telephoned P&O and obtained the information which I needed in order to obtain the correct visas for my pending trip. I was further surprised to learn when I visited a local High Street Travel Agent to ask them if they provided Visa information at the time of booking they confirmed that is a usual part of their service. Kind regards, Christine"
Mr Graham Livsey
Verified Buyer
"Was happy at beginning but you started messing us about with to many cabin changes we was given twin beds when me and my fiancée are getting married we shouldn't need to keep saying the same thing over and over again"
Dear Mr Livsey

We are a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.
Please rest assured that the points you have raised in your review have been looked into and addressed.
I can confirm that the issue regarding the twin beds has been rectified.
As we work on a live booking system on occasion availability may change during the process of booking, we are sorry that your preferred cabin number could not be confirmed.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.
We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, We hope you will give us the opportunity to do.

Kind regards
Customer Relations
"Just provide"
"I booked a cruise! The concierge was chirpy and happy to give quotes for different dates."
Mrs Ann Jacqueline Newton
"Always excellent."
Mr Roy Wallace
Verified Buyer
"promised call back didn't happen. we dont feel we were offered the best price as found better deal elsewhere - too late - and your online deals showed lower start price? Up to this moment cannot complete cruise forms as it shows we haven't paid in full- we paid when we booked last week."
Mr Robert Davidson Craig Goldie
Verified Buyer
"Include Transfers in the Price. I have booked a HAL Cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong & which includes an overnight stop in Singapore but I have to pay for Transfers from the Airport to the Hotel then from there to the Cruise Terminal the next Day, then in Hong Kong it was my request to stay an extra 2 Days but have to do the same & have to pay for 2 Taxis but it should have included a Transfer from the Cruise Terminal to the Airport."
"Helpful service regarding booking. Someone did say they would ring us on Wednesday to book excursions though, and we haven't had a phone call yet"
Dear Mrs Kwan,

I can see on your booking that you now have excursions booked through us, I would like to apologise that you had to chase to get these booked and I am glad you have the excursions sorted ready for your cruise.

Kind Regards,
Customer Relations.
Kelvin Clayton
Verified Buyer
"Booked cruise told about wine offer and no charge for using a credit card.Wine never arrived and when paid 3k balance due was charged a lot for using a card.Once booked do no seem to offer customer service still no wined"
Mr Michael Thomas Hendry
Verified Buyer
"Usually staff from Cruise 118 sort out a cruise, no problem. But this time it was very different. Twice I had shared that the quote showed only 2 people on the email I received. Both times I was told that it was fine and we arranged that I couldn't book Aqua Class as I had 3 in the booking and so booked Concierge. I was also told 2 would have drinks package and one have soft drinks package. So my C 118 contact KNEW there were 3 people involved. I agreed to pay the deposit that day. I waited all day on that Friday for the confirmation email to come through - but no contact. I telephoned and left a message - no reply. I telephoned again to have a voicemail tell me that C 118 was closed! However, Jamie called me later that Friday evening (my 1st contact with him). It was a real shock when he told of a major error in the booking. Apparently I had been quoted the wrong price, for 2 people instead of 3! This made about £1,600 difference in the end. Jamie is to be credited for his way in handing this booking after the errors came to light (not his errors). I recognise that mistakes do happen, but it was awful to be told of the difference in price. However, I still agreed to go ahead with the booking and nearly backed out when another error came to light, and I was asked to pay an extra £73 for transport from Auckland hotel to the cruise point. Jamie sorted that out and, had he not done so, I would have simply cancelled the booking. So it's been a very rocky ride this time!"
Dear Mr Hendry

I would like to apologise that the initial quote was based on 2 passengers and not 3 leading to a significant price increase. Please rest assured that the points you have raised in your review have been looked into and addressed with management.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.
"Maximum point to the agent Kira Monks, 10 out of 10. Disappointed though since the adverts was (probably) misleading. The quoted price for the inside cabin was under £1000 pp whereas we ended up paying £1323.50 pp."
Dear Mr Sharma

We are a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us.

We are grateful for your positive feedback regarding our sales concierge Kira however I apologise that our website stated a different price to the quote you had.
I would like to advise that our website works on a fluid pricing system, which updates automatically overnight. Any changes regular or irregular are mostly provided by the cruise line. They feed files into our system which updates on our website overnight.
As soon as our concierge become aware that a cruise is no longer available or that particular cabin is unavailable they send a request to our marketing team to update the system.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.
"I am unhappy! Have just been advised today that my booking, ref: 365710 is no longer valid and I cannot access my booking details due to a change in computer systems. I have not been advised of this change and why icruiseconcierge service is no longer available. I would have thought it was not too difficult to assign a new WOR reference number cross referenced with the old number so I could still have access to my Booking. Any comment?"
Dear Mr Howard

Thank you for taking the time to review our service,
Here at Cruise 118 we strive to give the best possible service and appreciate your feedback.
Unfortunately we have had a change in system late last year meaning the ‘manage my booking’ facility on our website is unavailable to bookings made on our older system. Sadly we cannot transfer your reference over to a new WOR reference however if you were to book with us again in the future you would have full access to the ‘manage my booking’. I sincerely apologise that this is the case and if you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
"After initial enquiry, called back to confirm and left message on answer phone. Got a call back after an hour to be told that I would be called back by the agent at 2pm. At 3 45 and still waiting i called to be told that I would get a call back shortly. After giving all the information requested, I then had to do it on again online."
"Price was the main reason I booked with Cruise118"
Cruise118.com is rated 4.74 based on 4,845 reviews