Cruise118.com Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Cruise118.com

About Cruise118.com: There’s no better way to see the world than via the sea, so if you’ve got the urge to travel wide and far, Cruise 118 can help you make that dream a reality.

An the online retailer for once in a lifetime travel experiences, we’re constantly curating the best cruises from around the world currently available to book on to, so if you want to be the first to secure your place on the world’s biggest and best ships that will sail to all corners of the globe then www.cruise118.com is the place to visit.

We understand that holidaying is a personal experience and although cruises are pre-planned to the finest detail for your convenience, the process of booking one should still feel individual to you and we can confirm that we provide each and every customer with the ultimate experience and all of the glowing Cruise 118 reviews online confirm that.

All of our past and present customers comment on the quality and efficiency of our service, as well as letting us know just how fantastic their holidays of a lifetime were, selected with our assistance, so don’t just take our word for it, browse through all of the positive Cruise118.com reviews and see for yourself why we’re the perfect people to help you pick the right cruise for you.

feedback@cruise118.com

Click Here

Tell us how Cruise118.com made you happy

customer service
"I have already sent an email am not going all through it again, but the long and short is I paid in full for cruise you then want to take it again as I haven't cancelled direct debit which does not exist yet UNTIL YOU TAKE THE MONEY, but somehow it's all my fault"
Good Afternoon Mrs Lombari,

As a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

I can see that you have spoken to our concierge Kelise yesterday who advised the correct procedure to resolve this issue.

If you do have any further questions on this matter, please contact our customer service department on 0808 250 0913 and they will be able to advise you further on this.

Kind Regards,

Cruise118
"Poor communication,never given the option to cancel when holiday was canceled,put phone down and never phoned back"
"Poor communication,never gave me the option to cancel when holiday was altered treated with contempt..terrible company never use again.."
Dear Mr Buckingham

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you have received.

I understand from the notes in your booking that your flight was cancelled, and you are waiting on new flight information. Flight times and routing are subject to availability and unfortunately due to the nature of the travel industry can be cancelled by the airline. We understand this can be extremely frustrating for our customers, more so when it is not resolved immediately. When a flight becomes unsuitable for the selected holiday it is the tour operator’s obligation to find a suitable alternative, in this circumstance MSC is your tour operator and we are your travel agent. Only when a suitable alternative is not available, the customer is then given the option to cancel their booking.

I would like to reassure you we are in constant communication with MSC to resolve this issue however inevitably MSC are responsible for confirming your flight and our influence is limited.

I can see that my colleague Shannon is currently assisting you and is working hard to receive an answer from MSC. I will inform her of your concerns, and I trust she will assist you with clear communication to finally receive an answer from your tour operator.

Kind regards

Chelsie Foster

Senior Customer Relations Executive.

For and on behalf of WTH (UK) LTD
Customer Relations and Cancellations.
"The Customer feedback box gets in the way when making payments. It is really annoying..."
Thank you for the feedback.

I have passed your comments to our IT department to make any relevant changes.

Customer Relations Executive
"Very poor customer service. They sent me an email saying I'd cancelled my holiday (which i hadn't) and said this was human error and they wouldn't address this further. They even made the poor guy who'd pressed the wrong button ring me to apologise and thought that was sufficient."
Good Afternoon,

Here at Cruise 118 we strive to give the best possible service and appreciate your feedback.

We are very sorry that this happened however, it was human error and after investigating this, I see that our customer relations department have spoken to you regarding this and do not consider that the matter requires any further action.

We apologise for the inconvenience this caused and hope you had a lovely cruise.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Customer Relations
"A shoddy second rate company who after much pursuing of the MD finally replied albeit in a non apologetic and blunt tone to my complaint. They really do have a FU attitude to customer complaints, a real take it or leave it attitude, I'd never do business with them again"
"Breathtaking arrogance by this company, as you can see from my other reviews they know they made a mistake and refused to honour a contract. I complained to their MD and she didn't have the decency to reply. When you leave negative reviews or things go wrong they simply ignore you."
"No customer service from this company, when you complain to their MD Alison Earnshaw she ignores you and gets one of her minnows to respond. The company have no honour, the response I received from them was patronising and condersending. If that's their idea of an apology then it shows the level of contempt that the company and the directors at World Travel Holdings including Ms Earnshaw have for its customers"
"A total lack of customer service, a can't do won't do approach by staff, refused to honour original holiday price even though I paid the deposit. Patronising condersending emails from a minnow in the company when you email the MD directly, a disgrace of a company"
"Professional and friendly responses given by informed and flexible staff."
Hello Mr John Terelinck Sparrow,

Thank you for your feedback.

It's lovely to hear that you are pleased with the professional and friendly service that you have received from ourselves here at Cruise 118.

We wish you a wonderful time on your holiday!
"16/7 phoned cruise 118 spoke to Mark about a cruise from Southampton to Bruges asked him to ring me back 5.00 pm same day no call. Rang again on 19/7 spoke to jasmine explaining again about the cruise we wanted to book explained to her that my fellow cruiser will be paying and advise her to speak to him that day at 5.00 pm he had no phone but I had a call on my answer phone from Jasmine at 6.00 pm I spoke to cruise 118 on Friday and was told by the lady that I needed Dob or I will charged now as I explained this was not explained at the beginning . very disappointed at cruise 118 as I was trying to book a cruise and your sales staff are poorly trained or had a bad day? Used you in the past very good now have second thoughts as I’m looking at another cruise in October 19 and a week in June 20 not sure if I use you again"
Dear Mr Jones, we are extremely sorry to hear of the issues you have had regards to contacting ourselves. I have looked into your booking and can see that Mark had promised a call back for 5 pm on the 16/07/2019 and I will make enquiries with Mark as to why that did not happen. I can also see that we did make attempts to contact you on the 18/07/2019 and 19/07/2019 a total of 5 times and left voicemails to advise we had called, I am sorry that we missed speaking with you on those occasions. Please be assured that whilst we are a busy office our customers are our absolute priority at all times, our staff are highly trained and their priority would be in helping you with your booking. I would like to thank you for booking with Cruise 118 and ask that you do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance with this or future bookings.
"Thought we had booked what we wanted ... But the diner time we agreed was 8pm and after the payment had gone through I received the email with mytime dining NOT WHAT WE WANT, I have emailed Emma and tried phoning and got no response !!! I spoke to a gentleman who said 8pm is NOT available and that Emma would call me on 11/07/19 but have not heard anything from her 😡"

We are very sorry that we could not book the 8pm dinning at the booking stage. After contacting the cruise line this has now been resolved but we apologise for the inconvenience this caused.

We hope you have a wonderful holiday and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Customer Relations
"Lost £300 deposit not informed deposit was non refundable or I would of waited to closer to sailing date. Laura was pleasant person but she should of made me aware of the full facts. Not a happy person at all. Kevin McGregor"

I am sorry that had to cancel your holiday and that as a subsequence you lost your deposit. As part of the booking call when the contract is made, we refer you the cruise lines terms and conditions and ours. The terms and conditions are readily available on the cruise lines and Cruise 118 website and the booking confirmation you received the day you booked also has a link to the terms and conditions.

Our department deals with all the cancellations over three brands; Cruise 118, Six Star and River Voyages and we handle anything between 15-20 cancellations a day. Unfortunately, we receive many cancellations for various reasons and although we are sympathetic we have to adhere to the booking conditions.

By adhering with the booking conditions, we treat everyone the same and do not differentiate between our customers.

I understand that this is not the result you were hoping for, but I hope I have been able to explain the reasons for our decision adequately.

Customer Relations Department
"We booked a tour through this company and was told that the ship could not leave without us if there was a delay. When we checked with the cruise after booking we were advised this was not the case and refused our money back - apparently due to the way it was booked? The tour was an 8 hour drive round trip and we was not willing to take that risk, it was a shame as it put a downer on the experience that we had been sold something which was not as it was described. Post customer service is very poor, we wouldnt book anything through these guys again and will be looking to take the matter further. Response times over a week, and clearly just fobbed off."
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you remain unhappy with our response to your complaint, as we have previously advised the choice not to go on the trip was entirely yours, we gave you reassurance verbally and I have sent you written assurance that the trip was guaranteed, the trip went ahead without incident or complaint and as such we are unable to obtain a refund for you. We have provided you with the details for ABTA who will be able to provide you with independent advice. With regards to response times Customer Relations received your complaint on the 7th June and responded on the 11th initially, a further 2 emails were sent on the 14th and 3 emails on the 17th of June in direct response to emails we received by you on the those days. We thank you for your review, we are a customer focused company and feedback good or bad helps us to address areas of the business where we can improve.
"Took money off us for transfers and there were no transfers and now an investigation that could take weeks , we have Been charged so we should get full refund whist they investigate. Wouldn’t say we havnt had the transfers if we would have , what happened to the customer is always right ? I smell a rat definitely, not happy at all 😤"
Dear Mrs Kelly-Ashworth

We are a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused due to the transfer issue. We need to investigate any such issues to ensure that it does not happen again and this can take time. We have not received a reply from the cruise line however we have arranged the refund while we investigate this issue.

Customer Relations
"I rang to enquire about a cruise with a fully accessible cabin. The salesman tried to sell me a cabin which I later found NOT to be fully accessible. I`m glad something told me to halt the conversation, or I would have been stuck with a bathroom I couldn`t use! They NEED better training"
Good Afternoon Pauline Bull,

I can only apologise for the disappointing experience whilst conversing with our Cruise Concierge. This is not the level of service we want to deliver, however I appreciate your feedback - this can be utilised to learn from our mistakes.

Please rest assured that the points you have raised in your review have been looked into and addressed.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.
"I was not informed about the additional visa charges. There was no communication between me and agent regarding my nationality and visa procedures. Your travel agents should inform every customer about every additional expenses that can be added on top of the original cruise price deal. Customers should be inform about every expenses needed to be added on top of the original cruise price. Your agents wants just to get your money! Once you book with them they don't care about the other factors !"
I am sorry to read you are unhappy with the booking process, having listened to the booking calls you were clearly advised that you would require Visa's and it was explained that we are not trained to advise what your requirements would be or what their cost . You were also given the details of where to obtain your Visa requirement information. We have contacted you by emails and phone calls which clearly demonstrates that we wish to address this issue. We do appreciate your business and will continue to work hard to resolve these matters as soon as possible.
"I wanted to replace a passenger in my booking at 41 days before departure. Cruise 118 agent Ejaz asked £794 penalty and administration fee. After a period of communication with him and NCL. I then decided to add on a 3rd passenger which was £579(cheaper than £794). Now 20 days to departure, I want to cancel the 2nd passenger to get 25% cruise fee back. But instead of refund me the 25%, Cruise 118 asked £265 more to cancel the 2nd passenger. They said it’s cheaper to keep the 2nd passenger on the booking and just not turn up. I don’t think this company’s terms and conditions are not reasonable at all. I am very unhappy with this situation. How much does it cost to change a name? How much more do they want when I want to make another amendment? I will think very hard to go with cruise 118 again. I am having a terrible time with this company!"

I apologise for any confusion when trying to amend your booking however the prices are correct as per the terms and conditions of NCL and cruise 118. The amendment you are making is not simply a name change, as you are within the cancellation period therefore one person has to cancel at 25% loss and one person adds to the booking. When trying to cancel 1 person from a booking the price for the remaining person will increase as the price is based on two people within a cabin.

I understand your frustration with the situation however this is why we advise all our customers to purchase insurance.

Please contact us directly and we will explain the charges in full again. I would like to assure you that we have your best attention at heart and we will always try and obtain the best prices for our customers at all times.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you are encountering and we hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Customer Relations
"Today 15/5/19, I asked to cancel a passenger in my group for NCL Spirit. It’s 30 days before sailing (sails on 14/6/19). The cancellation fee was 75%. but Cruise118 asked me to pay an additional £215 for cancel this passenger. I have to pay more to cancel a passenger. This doesn’t make sense! I should be able to get 25% back on this cancellation."
Thank you for your review.

Firstly, I am sorry that you need to cancel 1 person from your booking. I truly understand your frustrations with the situation in regard to the price change. The charges levied by the cruise lines are for two people in 1 cabin and on the event of 1 person cancelling the price must be readjusted accordingly.

When cruise lines look at amendments to bookings, they will re cost the cruise using the current rates. As the price has increased and there is only one person in the cabin this means that it would cost more to remove the 1 person than it would to simply not show up.

This is a regular occurrence and insurance companies are familiar with this process.

I hope that this explains the situation however if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Customer Relations
"Very unhappy with the service I received from Cruise 118. I sent them an email stating I wanted to book a cruise, but because the agent had a few days off work and didn't pick up my email, I missed a $400 on board credit promotion. I complained, but they just sent me a "cut and paste" generic email. I cruise 4 times a year, so they have missed out big time and I have taken my custom elsewhere!!!!!!"
Dear Value Customer

Thank you for your review.

Please rest assured that we have looked into this matter for you.

On checking our records it is evident that we tried to contact you four times within 24 hours of you first contacting us.

The first time our concierge spoke to you after your initial enquiry to confirm the booking, you advised unfortunately that it was not convenient to talk at the time . Also two of our sales concierges emailed quotes to you on the same day.

The following day we tried to call you on your landline but we were unable to contact you.

In addition we did leave you our phone number with the quotes we sent out to you, but have no record of you calling the company back.

After looking in to your complaint we feel that our cruise concierge did their upmost to contact you to help with your enquiry.

We are really sorry you missed a cruise promotion at that time. However we do assure you that we are working hard to earn your patronage and trust you will give us the opportunity to do so in the future.

Cruise 118