Cruise118.com Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Cruise118.com

How would you rate Cruise118.com ?

"We booked our holiday nealey 12. Months in advance we had nothing but trouble we paid for our tickets to be sent to us never got them till 8 hours before we left. My son had to go back to work and down load every time I phoned them they would say no problem you get tomorrow never did i could go on when we got home the photos we took wernt ours the reps just phobed us of"
Thank you for your feedback.

As a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

As per our conversations on the 03/09/2018 and today we are currently dealing with all the issues raised and we will contact you as soon as possible with a full response.

Kind Regards
"Booked cruise was offered free parking as couldn’t give any discount. Just rang to ask why no parking voucher told didn’t have parking agreement at Tampa the parking was offered to better a price from another company main reason I chose 118 phone conversation was on tape but said couldn’t help , so just as a warning if they offer you extra then get in e-mail before paying"
Thank you for your review. I understand you feel disappointed, however our cruise concierge will have explained when booking your cruise that we are not able to book this for you overseas due to not having a car parking contract with suppliers in Tampa. I apologise for the way you feel however, I sincerely hope you enjoy your holiday and hopefully return to us in the future.

Thank you again for your booking.
"so far atrocious. Booked our Caribbean cruise, paid the deposit for a group of 8. booked to go on 15/12/18 now been told that our cabins aren't available on the 15th but inexplicably are available on the 14th which we cant do. also the documentation received today is for 2 passengers and nothing for the other 6 members of the group. Horrific - its Christmas and there are kids involved. please sort it out. Jane - Booking Ref: WOR-38954"
Thank you Jane for your review.

My apologises for the issues you have been experiencing with regards to the booking. I am aware that this issue is being looked into for you by a member of our concierge team. Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.

We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, We hope you will give us the opportunity to do.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries
"sent an email on sunday and requested a call back between 9.10am thought that would be on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday but alas today is Thursday and I have not had a response although I did get a email immediately after my request to get further information about a cruise Not too worry now I have gone with another company who did get back to me when I asked them too"
We are a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

May i apologise for the issue you have raised, this is not acceptable and you should of received a call back within a reasonable amount of time and should of not had to chase for this.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.

Angela
"Have complained about a trip in Russia it was a waste of our money we are pensions so have to save for these things"

On this occasion, i understand that you were unhappy with the St Petersburg tour. I can see that this complaint has been dealt with by our Customer Relations team and they have replied to your correspondence.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries
"What didn’t go wrong? The only time Cruise118 is interested is when I’m making a payment"
Good morning Mr Dickinson,

Thank you for your review, although we do not like to received a negative review, all reviews are welcomed.

As i can see from your booking, no issue was raised until over 6 months after your return. We have guidelines that state any issue has to be sent to us within 28 days upon your return. We have responded to you about this guideline via your correspondence.

I am sorry that you have had an issue and felt the need to complain, but as stated in conversations between yourself and our Customer Relations department, this is over the guideline set by ABTA for time to report an issue.

My apologises if you feel the matter may not of been to a satisfactory conclusion. I do hope you continue to use Cruise118 for your future holidays as your continuing patronage is important to us.

I hope you have a good day.

Angela
"It took 4 phone calls over 3months to get my cruise booked with mistakes made on all calls .and I did complain to the company and got excuses."
Dear D Blow

Thank you for your feedback. This is not the high standard we would expect you to receive.

We are so sorry to hear you have experienced issues with your booking, this is unexpected and not acceptable.

I can see that you have spoken to Sarah to resolve your issues, we are sorry if any of this conversation came across as excuses as this was not our intention. I would like to reassure you your comments have been passed to the appropriate management to ensure necessary action is taken.

Once again very sorry. I hope you have had a wonderful cruise. Thank you for choosing Cruise118.

Angela
"They advertise they are open until 10PM. Just don't try phoning them at 9:30PM, they don't answer the phone. Still there are plenty of cruise agents that do answer the phone and speak to their customers."
Thank you for leaving a review Gerry. However, disappointed to hear that your telephone call was unsuccessful. We pride ourselves on our exceptional service therefore Cruise118 is extremely saddened to receive a negative rating.

Please accept our apologies and we sincerely hope we can assist you in the future with your cruise booking.
"Further to my post I have been advised by Cruise 118 that the balance due date was printed on my confirmation booking receipt, this is agree with,but when I received my updated booking receipt and queried the changes to the itinerary and asked if I could cancel and get my deposit refunded I was advised that I would forfeit my £1200 deposit, and yet when I spoke to cruise 118 yesterday they stated that had I asked about the balance being paid by me £6000 ,I could have had my deposit refunded ,it seems that this company moves the goal posts in their favourite whenever it suits them ,they want me to pay over £7000 for a holiday that is not until the end of October,they will not compromise at all ,it's a case of tough,it's amazing even surprised that they actually phoned me back,this is not the end of this complaint,it's amazing intending to hopefully get Martin Lewis interested in this situation"
Dear Mr Watling

We are sorry you remain unhappy with our previous response.

The balance due date is agreed and set on the booking call, at the time of confirming your holiday. Had you raised a concern at the time of booking your balance could have been reviewed and, if our suppliers had allowed, amended. If you had raised concern at the time of booking and did not wish to continue with your booking on the basis of the balance due date, we could have cancelled your booking immediately and refunded your deposit paid. However once the booking has been made and the contract has been completed, the terms and conditions attached to the booking are effective immediately meaning cancellation charges will apply.

Hope this helps you.
"I am unable to understand why i have to pay the balance of my holiday (that i deeply regret booking with cruise 118) the balance being £6000 when i am not going till the end of october. When i made the original booking i had to pay £1200 deposit it was not until i received the comfirmation that i realised that they would hold my £7200 in their bank earning them interest"
Thank you for your review Mr Watling.

The balance is due by the 25th June 2018, which is 4 months prior to your holiday. This is slightly early, however the reason for this is your holiday is a package booking, this will mainly be effected by the flight needing ticketing.

Your booking confirmation issued when you booked in March also displays your balance due date and this was agreed at the time of booking.

All package bookings that contain different elements such as flights, transfers and a cruise need to be fully paid to suppliers by this date. Any delays in payment can affect ticketing.

I hope this explains the reasons for you, thank you again for your booking.
"It has been a catalogue of errors since the moment we booked this cruise. Wrong names, wrong addresses. I asked and was quoted for a deal including drinks package- but the booking was without it. Only when we got flight info we realised that they’d booked flights WITH NO LUGGAGE!! But the worst thing is they’ve booked the 4 passengers on the same booking onto different dining times (despite asking for the same), which now can’t be rectified. Really please avoid these clowns. They simply cannot get anything right. My advice is go to Iglu instead."
Dear Mrs Bray

As discussed over the phone we wish to express our sincere apologies for the errors which have occurred on your booking and we would like to reassure you that we are by no means complacent by the issues raised. I trust from our discussion that all issues have now been resolved to the best of our ability.

should you wish to discuss your booking any further please can i ask you to contact me on the below email or number.

Phone: 0207 138 8302

Email: Chelsie.foster@cruise118.com

The Bridge, Unit 4, Moorland Gate Business Park, Cowling Road, Chorley, PR6 9FE

WTH (UK) Ltd is a member of ABTA and part of World Travel Holdings, the largest cruise retail business in the world.
"i booked a cruise yesterday with the help of Bethany. I had to pay the full price and she promised to send me an email confirming all details. She did not even give me a reference for my payment. she then phoned again to say that she had sent the email. when i checked my email in the evening and again today there was none sent by cuise118. I left a message on their phone asking her to contact me. i hope she does quickly, I am worried!!! I paid nearly £ 4000.00 pounds!!!"
Good afternoon Samia,

I am sorry that you did not receive your confirmation, therefore causing you to worry. I understand from your most recent review that this was due to a spelling mistake within your email address, and that Bethany has not corrected this and you have received all your paperwork. I am pleased this has now been amended. Thanks again for choosing to book with Bethany & Cruise118.
"This was going to be the first time booking with Cruise118 but after the dreadful service I received - Being incorrectly quoted after I had everything confirmed by email and getting a call to say now it would be an extra £100 I decided to book with cruise.co.uk who have been excellent."
Thank you for your review Catherine. First of all please accept our apologies as poor service is not our standard. We work on a live pricing system and unfortunately this can result in prices increasing before you book. I'm very sorry we couldn't help you this time, however we wish you a fantastic cruise and if we can be of any assistance in the future we would love the opportunity to try and help you.
"Took weeks to unpick all the mistakes, endless phone calls, hours on the phone, passed from one agent to another, gradually sorting things out. Today, finally, Rebecca Johnson sorted out the last problem, the onboard spend, with Princess cruises on the one line and me on the other. Many thanks to Rebecca for actually caring enough to sort it out."
Dear Mrs Macrae

Thank you for your review.

I am so sorry to hear that you have encountered issues with your booking and I am concerned to hear these were not resolved straight away.

However i am so pleased to hear that Rebecca has been able to assist you. At Cruise 118 we are continuously improving our service for customers and i am keen to discuss this further with yourself. I would be grateful if you could contact our Customer relations department.

Customer Relations Manager
"I CONTACTED VIA ENQUIRY LINE - NO RESPONSE FOUR DAYS TELEPHONED, COULD NOT GET A PRICE FOR THE CRUISE I ENQUIRED ABOUT, WAS TOLD TO RING BACK IN A DAY OR TWO WHEN THE SYSTEM WAS RUNNING BETTER, GIVEN A PRICE WHICH WAS £300 MORE THAN ADVERTISED AND WAS TOLD I HAD MADE A MISTAKE IT WAS THE PRICE FOR AN INSIDE CABIN WHEN CLEARLY IT SAID OUTSIDE ON YOUR WEBSITE. WAS TOLD I WOULD BE TELEPHONED WITH FULL DETAILS - THAT WAS SEVERAL DAYS AGO - NOTHING AND THE CRUISE GOES OUT ON 28TH APRIL. SADLY I CANNOT THANK MATTHEW FOR HIS HELPFULLNESS BECAUSE HE WASNT"

Please accept my sincere apologies that you have been unable to book your desired cruise. I would like to reassure you we are by no means complacent by the issues raised and we will investigate as to why this has happened.

If you wish to discuss further please contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.

Customer Relations Manager
"Customer service skills are very poor.was given wrong information as to the options in which to pay for the holiday ie via debit or credit card .they just focused on debit when i asked if i could pay by credit card they said no.until i questioned it. Coupled with other admin issues"
Thank you for your comments. Firstly please accept my sincere apologies that you have found it necessary to score us so low, As you can see from our overall scores on here this is not typical of our service and certainly not what we are wanting to see. I have tried to find your booking from your email address but cannot locate it in our system. If you could email me your booking reference I would be love to sort these issues for you.
clare.cruise@worldtravelholdings.co.uk
"Despite being a loyal customer for several years and having spent tens of thousands of pounds with Cruise 118 I will never use this company again. My request for a quote for this year's booking has been dealt with terribly, passed from consultant to consultant as the first one didn't have time to deal with me! The second didn't deliver on 3 promises to call me back to discuss my cabin requirements and the call I was promised I would get from a manager to discuss my complaint has never been delivered on either. Never again Cruise 118, I will give my business to a company that values it in future"
Hi Karen

Thank you for your comments. Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies that you have struggled to contact us. I have no excuses as this is clearly un-acceptable and certainly not typical of our standards, I would however like to offer you an explanation and some reassurances that we do indeed value all our customers. Our phone lines have been incredibly busy for the past 3 weeks due to the overwhelming success of our January sale. We always anticipated being busy and took extra resource to cope accordingly, however our January sale has quite considerably surpassed all our expectations. We have now secured extra resource and extended our January sale to ensure none of our customers miss out. I know you have now spoken to one of our team leaders who I hope has managed to convey how truly sorry that we are however James our MD has asked me to pass on his personal apologies and assurances that our standards are not slipping and that fixes have been implemented to bring our standards back to where they should be.
Kindest Regards Clare Cruise - Communications Manager
"Poor customer service. Badly adviced and the whole experience was stressful and have been miss sold the cruise. Once you paid your money. No one from cruise 118 wants to know. Don't book with cruise 118."
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments Mr Longworth. I am extremely sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service that you have received. As a senior manager in the business it both alarms and shocks me to read such comments. We pride ourselves on being exceptional as standard which is why our overall score on here is as it is. That said I do appreciate that like any business we can and do make mistakes on the odd occasion and for this I am truly sorry. I would love to try and help you resolve your issue, if you would be kind enough to give us this opportunity you could email me directly. clare.cruise@worldtravelholdings.co.uk. Mr Longworth, if you feel you would like to do this, I assure you that I will give your booking my complete attention in an attempt to resolve your issue.
"This is our 11th Cruise we booked for May 2018 on a low deposit, they did not tell us the remainder of the deposit was due a few weeks later as on all the paperwork ist stated final payment due in February 2018. I advised them of this and the said the concierge had made a mistake but as the paperwork said final payment due in February they would honour the agreement. However we have since had further phone calls asking for the remainder of the deposit, this I find offensive and unprofessional. Therefore I decided enough was enough and I would cancel so here we go --------- I paid £50 deposit now if I want to cancel they ask for a further £250 in addition to £129, in total £429 to cancel yet the offer you the £129 back as a future deposit if you book with them (I think once bitten and all that). Now they say I agreed to pay the rest of my deposit by 23rd November, me thinks this company tells porky pies!!!!!!! I have never had a problem with Planet Cruise or Cruise .co.uk ----Lesson learnt."
"Stop bombarding me with emails."
Cruise118.com is rated 4.74 based on 5,136 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!