Charles Clinkard Reviews

Read Charles Clinkard Reviews

help@clinkard.co.uk

Eveline House, Cannon Park Way, Middlesbrough

Tell us how Charles Clinkard made you happy
Ordered boots from clinkard at a cost of £2.95 delivery. too narrow,had to pay £4.95 to return them. Never again.

Thankyou for your review,

We offer varying services competitively priced also if you spend £40.00, delivery is free and dipsatched within 5 working days

We do ask customers to pay the return cost. You can return to a Charles Clinkard store or to our Head Office. We recommend a tracked service, as we do not take responsibility for the parcel until it has been signed for at our Head Office.

A Collect Plus label can be purchased through the returns section of our website, this standardises the price to £4.49. This covers up to 10kg of returns and is useful for multiple purchases or heavier items.

You also currently have up to 365 days to return as long as the items are unworn and in the original packaging, you can have an exchange or a refund.

If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us and we hope this does not deter you from shopping with us in the future.

Nicola-Customer Services
I paid for next day delivery, but the member of staff who packed my order forgot to add my door number. I only knew what had happened when I received an email saying my order was being delivered to the new address I'd requested (which I hadn't), it caused stress & panic, until I spoke to a member of staff who informed what had happened. Next day delivery cost was refunded.
Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear of your experience. We apologise sincerely that the order was sent out without a door number, the postage label is printed directly from the order and for some reason was not on the label.

We are genuinally sorry for any upset this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Janice - customer services.
Ordered a 4 but was more like a 5. Too big
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that this item was too large for you.

We do hope that yu find something that is a better fit.

Your comments will help others whent hey are browsing.

Janice - customer services
I have been purchase from the website twice, but yet No points is shown on my profile. I send an email multiple times regarding this issue. However, nothing has changed. Apart from that I am satisfied with the product and shipping procedures.

Thankyou for your review.

We are delighted you enjoy your orders from ourselves.

We have contacted you via the Your Rewards with information and hope this will reassure you

Nicola-Customer Services
I received my slippers and was happy with the purchase. However, somehow I managed to order 2 pairs instead of one. Therefore I have been charged delivery for 2 pairs at £2.99 each and have now had to pay a £3.85 return delivery for the 2nd pair. This has made the slippers £10 more expensive than I had expected. I really feel that in these difficult times, you should offer free returns!!

Thankyou for your review.

We have sent a private message regarding the above and are sorry you were disappoointed

We offer delivery on a spend over £40.00 for free however currently do not cover the cost of the return.

We will pass your comments over to the relevant teams and look forward to offering assistance in the future

Nicola
Good service but the one boot had no suede on the toe section at all.
Was very disappointed but needed boots straight away so kept.
Wont buy from you again

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry the boots were not up to the standard you would expect from a brand like Romika

Items are checked prior to sending and it is disappointing this arrived with you in the condition you have kindly advised.

We have sent an email and look forward to speaking with you soon

Nicola-Customer Services
Service very good but not happy having to pay to send them back
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear the style chosen was not suitable, and hope you find an alternative style you like within our range.

We offer a free standard UK delivery with a spend of £40.00.

However, we do ask the customer to pay the returns cost.
Returns can be taken into a Charles Clinkard store or returned to our Head Office. We do recommend a tracked service, however it is up to the customer to return whichever method is convenient. We do offer a Collect Plus label through the returns section of our website, which is £4.49 for up to 10kg of returns, which can be suitable for those returning multiple or heavier items.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our returns policy and will ensure your comments are passed over to the relevant department.

Nicola-Customer Services
Sorry for the lower score, the delivery did not arrive at my address but was left at a neighbouring one. I received text message saying delivered but had to go on a expedition to find it. Product received is fine, when I eventually found out where it was.

Thankyou for your review.

We are disappointed with the experience encountered during the delivery of the item

We will ensure the courier who provided the service are informed of this and hope you will not be deterred from ordering again

Nicola-Customer Services
I feel that Charles Clinkard is a retail shop based business with an on line business on the side.
Everything works but not at the speed of an online based business.
Order was £30 which I thought inc free postage, it doesn’t it needs to be over £30.. I think this should be made clearer so this is a heads up to anyone wondering if their purchase qualifies.
I ordered some slippers for my husband, and whilst the product was of good quality, the box was very damaged. It was obvious it had been used before. As this is a Christmas present, I was disappointed that they were not going to be presented very nicely.

Thankyou for your review.

The box is there to offer protection to the item inside however it should not arrive in poor condition and we are sorry this has occurred,

We will ensure your comments are passed both internally and externally and we are sorry for any inconvenience

Nicola-Customer Services
Not happy, the girl in the Chichester shop ordered the darker brown size 3 which they already had in store but I wanted the light brandy colour. Size 3 .
So why would I order the dark boots when I already had tried them on in the shop.!!!!!
she also got my name wrong...putting it down as Vinda! another Linda. Now I have to wait another three days before I get my boots.
Please ask the packer the Check TWICE before sending the right colour. Thank you.

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry you had a poor experience whilst ordering in store, we will ensure the team are made aware of your disappoinment and additional training is offered.

We can confirm your new order has been noted to ensure this is correct and we look forward to sending this to you

Nicola-Customer Services
Speedy delivery however wrong boots delivered. correct paperwork so whoever has picked the order in stores has placed wrong boots in packaging so having to return. Would still recommend though

Thankyou for your review,

We are disappointed the incorrect item was packaged and sent to you

Our friendly Customer Services Team are currently taking care of your order query and we look forward to resolving this for you

Nicola-Customer Services
The boots were nice, however looked as though they had been worn. Sent them back, phoned up for a prepaid return. Cant fault Customer Sevices and got a prompt refund.

Thankyou for your review,

We are sorry there was an issue with your order however delighted our Customer Services Team were able to act swiftly to resolve this for you

We will ensure your kind words are passed onto the colleagues who took care of this for you and if we can offer assistance in the future do not hesitate to contact us

Nicola-Customer Services
I liked the slippers I had ordered but they were too narrow. I was disappointed that no wider fitting was available - well one wasn't offered. Thye refund came through very smartly.
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that we do not have this lovely slipper in a wider fitting for you.

We do hope that you find something that is a better fit for you.

Janice - customer services
Second pair of Pikolinos. Great boots. Service from Clinkards could have been better. The payment process stalled so I phoned and was told it had gone through, waited 7 days and no boots so phoned again to be told the order was held and I should have been phoned. Once this was sorted delivery arrived next day though so well recovered. Second concern was right boot had no stuffing and small creases which made me suspect they’d been tried and returned when I expect brand new from the warehouse. Not bad enough to return with complaint though. Could do better overall but would useClinkards again.
Thank you for your review.

We apologise for any delay in getting your order to you. Sometimes we source shoes from our stores if warehouse stock has depleted so it may be that the right shoe had been tried on in store. We are sorry for any disappointment that you have had and hope that you will visit Charles Clinkard website again in the future.

Janice - customer services
First time order. Signed to get 10% discount but did not receive it on my order. Emailed and was told my order did not qualify as discounted already I may be wrong but I didnt see anything to say you couldnt apply it to discounted items. Item arrived in good time and looks as expected. So it's a shame about the non discount.
Thank you for your review. We had a 20% flash sale recently and then a 25% off Black Friday sale. We do say that if an item is already discounted then another discount cannot be applied.

We are sorry for any disappointment.

Kind regards,

Janice - customer services.
I was annoyed that the boots i ordered were scuffed and looked as though they had been worn around the house, very unimpressed that you would send out boots like that, didn’t return as I needed them and I am self isolating

Thankyou for your review.

Items are sourced from our warehouse and our stores, they may be tried on or possibly displayed however the quality of the item and the box should remain at the high standard you would expect.

We are sorry this pair arrvied with you and have checked your order, there is no contact from yourself so we could offer assistance with these.

We have sent a seperate contact to you which we look forward to receiving a reply to and please do not hesitate to contact us further,

Nicola-Customer Services
I can only give a 3 star as it was so expensive to return.I won’t shop here again because of this
Regards
Teresa Kelly

Thankyou for your review

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed

We do ask customers to pay towards returns, within the UK, the option of a Collectplus label at the cost of £4.49 is available as well as options via Royal Mail.

We advise of our returs policy via the website and the link is here:

We hope you will return in the future and do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Nicola-Customer Services
Had problems with the website and my order was incorrect. However staff were very helpful in trying to sort out the IT error. Decided not to purchase the missing item as return delivery was too expensive if they didn’t fit.

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry you had concerns during the ordering process and delighted our staff were so helpful in trying to resolve this.

We do offer a free delivery service over £30.00 however do ask for returns to be paid for, you can also return to a Charles Clinkard store.

We will ensure your comments regarding the returns are passed on to the relevant area and hope you will reconsider ordering with us in the future

Charles Clinkard is rated 4.75 based on 31,868 reviews