Charles Clinkard Reviews

Read Charles Clinkard Reviews

help@clinkard.co.uk

Eveline House, Cannon Park Way, Middlesbrough

Tell us how Charles Clinkard made you happy
Very expensive returns so will not try again

Thank you for your review.
With regards to returns, we offer a free UK standard delivery witha minimum spend of £40.00, however we do ask customers to pay the return cost. You can return to a Charles Clinkard store or to our Head Office. We recommend a tracked service, as we do not take responsibility for the parcel until it has been signed for at our Head Office.

A Collect Plus label can be purchased through the returns section of our website, this standardises the price to £4.49. This covers up to 10kg of returns and is useful for multiple purchases or heavier items.

If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us and we hope this does not deter you from shopping with us in the future.

Kind Regards,
Nicola-Customer Services
I have sent the shoes back immediately on their receipt as the shade was different on each. I have written to Clinkard to ask why their return hasn’t been acknowledged and was informed that I would be contacted shortly. That was last week. I still have had no confirmation regarding what is to happen next. I did ask for a replacement pair, without anomalies, on the form I returned but I don’t know if there are any remaining. If not I expect a refund sooner rather than later.
Most disappointing.
Annette Keeler.

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry you received odd coloured shoes Our Customer Services Team have now been in touch regarding this. Kind Regards Nicola-Customer Services
I knew the shoes I order were clearance stock but was very disappointed that one shoe had clearly been used very frequently to try for size as was darker in colour and leather had been stretched. I have just checked and you can still buy the size I ordered so obviously was not the last pair.

Thankyou for your review.

Items are sourced from our stores and warehouse, they may have been tried on or on a display however they should be the high quality you would expect. We are sorry you are disappointed.

We have sent a seperate email regarding this and look forward to hearing from you

Nicola-Customer Services
Not impressed by having to pay to return a product for an exchange - really feel this should be free if requiring an exchange. Due to this I would probably not shop with you again.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear the style chosen was not suitable, and hope you find an alternative style you like within our range.

We offer various delivery services and with a minimum spend of £40.00, your order can be delivered on our standard service free of charge.

However, we do ask the customer to pay the returns cost.
Returns can be taken into a Charles Clinkard store or returned to our Head Office. We do recommend a tracked service, however it is up to the customer to return whichever method is convenient. We do offer a Collect Plus label through the returns section of our website, which is £4.49 for up to 10kg of returns, which can be suitable for those returning multiple or heavier items.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our returns policy and will ensure your comments are passed over to the relevant department.

Nicola-Customer Services
Design of slipper very good
But after two days had to stick the inner soles on both slipper , made in China.

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry to hear of the issues with the slipper insoles.

Please could you email sales@clinkard.co.uk with images of what has occurred and we can then advise from there?

Please include your order details and contact infomrmation

We look forward to hearing from you

Nicola-Customer Services
The flip flops are made wrong the toe bit is to far over and the feet hang over I'll be sending them back when I get out off sheilding from virus
Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that you find this style is not suited to you. We do hope that you find a different toe post mule that is more suited to you.

Your comments will help others when they are browsing.

Janice
Product received quickly (paid for next order) didn’t fit and was very disappointed that I then had to pay for returns...so it cost me over £10 for delivery and returns.

Thankyou for your review.

We offer free standard UK delivery on items over £30.00 however if you request premium services then there will be an additional cost depending on the service you require.

With reference to returns, you do pay towards the cost of the return however you are welcome also to return to a local Charles Clinkard store.

As we offer 365 days for returning this may be an option to consider in the future.

We have contacted you privately with reference to your costs.

My 10% discount didn’t appear so didn’t get 10% off disappointed

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry the discount code did not apply, we can see this was attempted and have contacted you via the order with further information

Nicola-Customer Services
The website showed a special offer which wasn’t applicable to the items I ordered, even though the T’s and C’s definitely didn’t show any reason to exclude them. Customer service eventually sorted it out over the phone, but the call took ages. It wasn’t made clear that returns aren’t free. This is a ridiculous policy for a shoe retailer, whose products really need to be tried on before buying. Loads of hassle. I won’t be ordering from this retailer again.

Thankyou for your review.

The code provided for a first time order will only apply to a full priced item and unfortunately the item requested was a sale item. The terms and conditions offer advice regarding this however we are sorry for any confusion.

Our delivery and returns policy is included on our website and also details are added alongside the item to assist our csutomers.

We understand your disappointment and will ensure your feedback is passed directly to the teams who take care of these detials for us.

If there are any further questions we cna assist with do not hesitate to contact us.

Nicola-Customer Services
I’ve been wanting these for quite a while . Delivery came really quick. The boots are gorgeous and also very cosy for the winter weather
Purchase arrived on time and staff notified me of its arrival so it could be collected. They also advised me of a difference in colour between the two shoes. When I went to collect it was as though two different colour shoes had been placed in the box. Very disappointing.
Staff were apologetic ( although not their fault) and processed a refund.
First time I've shopped online with clinkards and not a good start.

Thankyou for your review.

Items are checked prior to sending and we are very disappointed this happened

We hope you will return in the future to us and please do not hesitate to contact us.

Again we are sorry for any inconveniece caused.

Nicola-Customer Services
Unfortunately the online tool did not work so the gauge is not helpful. It should have the shoe sizes on it, rather than simply the measurements.

Thankyou for your review

We appreciate your feedback and will ensure your suggestion is passed on to our technical team

Nicola-Customer Services
When I ordered the boots I saw that they cost €90 but when I got to the bottom line I noticed that VAT was added afterwards and the postage which came to €114 which I thought was very expensive. Surely footwear prices are always shown including VAT. This is the first time that I have seen it added afterwards so I was disappointed.
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

You're correct, the VAT is inclusive in the price of the boots - €99.95. The extra added was for postage costs overseas.

I am sorry for any confusion caused but if you would like to discuss anything further, our Customer Services Team will be more than happy to help.

Rosie, Customer Services.
Had to return my order as it arrived too late (not an issue) but really disappointed that it has been nearly a month since I received an email confirming the return had been received by Charles clinkard and I still do not have the money back into my account.
Hello Emma

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry you did not receive your refund.

We can confirm that this is now refunded for you

Nicola-Customer Services
Really disappointed with my online order this time. The packaging was very old and tatty, and the boots had no packing to keep their shape.

Thankyou for your review,

items are sourced from our warehouse and out store, they may have been tried on or on display however quality should remain high and any pacaking missing then replaced.

We are disappointed you received this pair and will feedback your remarks regarding this and ensure more care is taken in the future.

Nicola-Customer Services
My order has arrived at the shop where I was collecting it from, but I didn’t receive an email to confirm this. I went into the shop to chase and they had arrived, apparently they had telephoned me... but I had to message or record of this. Disappointing customer service.
Thank you for your review.

I can see from your order that we did email to confirm the order and again on the day of dispatch, we are sorry to hear that you did not receive these emails. It may be that they are in your junk mail or spam folder.

With regard to the shop, we apologise that you did not hear form them, they do telephone once your order has arrived, but if you are not home, then a message should be left to let you know.

We do hopet hat you are happy with your order and apologise that you were unhappy with the customer serviced.

Janice - customer service
It was for my little boys first pair lf shoes, I found the staff obtuse and rude. I was very disappointed and unimpressed as I used to work for the company myself when I was alot younger and we always prided ourselves on good service with a smile. Clearly not something that's important to the company now.
Thank you for your review.

We are deeply sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience in one of our stores.

Customer Service is of the utmost importance to us and we would very much like to address this for you.

Please would you call us on 0345 241 7742 (only a local rate charge) or e,ail to sales@clinkard.co.uk so that we can get some information from you as to what has happened, we are happy to do instore training if needed so that this does not happen to anyone else.

We do hope that you will get in touch, and apologise sincerely to you for any upset.

Janice - customer services.
When the slippers arrived. Shocked to see poor quality of sole. Not leather and seemed similar to cardboard.
Thank you for your review.

If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it to us unworn for a full refund.

These lovely slippers have a soft leather sole and if the slippers that you received have not, we would very much like to examine them to see what has happened.

We do hoept hat you will get in touch. OUr customer service team is on 0345 241 7742 or you can email us on sales@clinkard.co.uk and we will be very happy to help.

Janice - customer services.
I made an initial enquiry before making a purchase but the assistant clearly did not understand the meaning of the sizing on the sandals.
Otherwise, the delivery time was very quick. It's a shame one person let down what would have been a 5 star rating.
Thank you for your review. We are sorry too, to hear that it would have been a 5 star review should you have got the correct information. I am not sure what the query was, but if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to call us on 0345 241 7742 so that we can help. Kind regards, Janice - customer services.
I was disappointed. The shoes I ordered were advertised as wide fitting when they were extra wide which made a big difference
When returning it advised to return recorded delivery which was very expensive
Thank you for your review.

We are sorry for your disappointment, this shoe is advertised as extra wide on our website and unfortunately not just a wide fitting.

With regard to returns, you can take back to a Charles Clinkard store or return via post. A recorded delivery is recommended for high value items so if they go missing in transit, you have a record and can claim for the missing item. However, you do not have to do this, you can just use a tracked service or even second class post if you prefer. We do have a link to Collect + on our website where you can get a discounted label and will cover up to 10 kilo of returns for £4.49 and is a recorded service.

I hope that you find something more suited to your requirements and that you will shop with us again.

Charles Clinkard is rated 4.75 based on 31,861 reviews