Charles Clinkard Reviews

Read Charles Clinkard Reviews

help@clinkard.co.uk

Eveline House, Cannon Park Way, Middlesbrough

Tell us how Charles Clinkard made you happy
Disappointed took my order and money and then tell me they don't deliver to Ireland
Thank you for your review.

We do deliver to Ireland, unfortuantely due to Covid, the EU would not allow us to post out of the UK for the time being.

We do hope that you will place a new order once the restriction is lifted.

Janice - customer services
Poor service
Thank you for your review.

You do not state why you think we offered poor service. If you would like to call us on 0345 241 7742 or email us, we would be happy to address any issues that you may have.

Kind regards,

Janice Ruddock - customer service.
Had to pay £5 for delivery and when the boots arrived they were very small so had to pay to send them back. Won’t use this company again.

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear you were happy with the quality of your items, but it is unfortunate to hear they did not meet your requirements.

With regards to returns, we offer a free UK standard delivery with a minimum spend of £40.00, however we do ask customers to pay the return cost. You can return to a Charles Clinkard store or to our Head Office. We recommend a tracked service, as we do not take responsibility for the parcel until it has been signed for at our Head Office.

A Collect Plus label can be purchased through the returns section of our website, this standardises the price to £4.49. This covers up to 10kg of returns and is useful for multiple purchases or heavier items.

If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us and we hope this does not deter you from shopping with us in the future.

Kind Regards,
Nicola-Customer Services
2 pairs boots ordered, 1 tracking number provided, it doesn’t work!! 1 pair arrive, damaged parcel, so phone call made to ask Re 2nd pair? Informed they’d check up on it, 6 days later I ring again to be told we don’t know?? I’ll chase them up, sAy not good enough I want to speak to a manager, get told none available, next thing phone call back from original advisor to say Dpd have just got back to them,
I didn’t an do not believe a word of it
Still never heard from a manager!!!
Hello Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused regarding your recent order.

The parcels were sent out seperately, we contacted the courier for an update however due to the backlog of queries and many staff operating from a home environment there was a delay in the response from them.

We have contacted you privately regarding this.

Kind Regards Nicola-Customer Services
I would never use these again ordered some boots for my daughter paid extra for them to be delivered early and it took of 2 and of weeks to come when rang up about them I was told the same thing then I rang for a third time and told they was still on the shelves then I was told for my inconvenience I would get my postage back and pre paid label so I would be able send them back they come and was no good for my daughter. So I rang them again and explained and saying there was no pre paid label I was advised to pay to send them back and would get refunded for the postage that was back in October still no refund.

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have sent you an email via your order with regards to the postage address and if you can provide an update

We look forward to hearing from you

Nicola
False advertising NOT SIZE 8! More like a 7. Also boots seem to have been worn. Now I have to pay to send them back. Never again.
Hello.

Thankyou for your review.

I have comtacted you to help further with this.

Nicola
Very disappointing checked with lady on phone that the shoes where size 9 but they weren't 42 is a 8 has been since I was 14 am now 80 felt very cheated that I had to spend £8.80 to return these wrong size as a pensioner that's a lot of money sorry very poor service

Thankyou for your review.

With regards to size, brands are not universal and they will convert sizes differently however we understand your disappointment and are sorry.

Remonte are a continental brand and they convert a 42 to a size 9 however other brands will size this differently.

We have contacted you via your order to offer further advice.

Nicola-Customer Services
Awful asking for a review I haven't even received the product I ordered weeks ago.

Thankyou for your review.

We have contacted you via the order with tracking information and also further details

Please can you check your email/junk folders and get back in touch at your earliest convenience

Nicola-Customer Services
Totally inept service ordered a pair of slippers for Christmas heard nothing for almost a week then I contacted them who said ran out of stock but failed to inform me so no present.
They were quick enough to take payment.
They offered me a voucher for further orders why would i order again from a company that has rubbish communication and does not value my custom.
I am really disappointed and advice against using them.

Thankyou for your review.

We would like to apologise you were not notified the item you ordered was out of stock

We do aim to keep our website as up to date as possible, however during busy periods demand can outstrip supply for popular items. We do state when an item is low stock on our website to make our customer’s aware, although unlikely, we may have to cancel this item from an order.

Our Customer Services Team have spoken with you regarding this and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused

Nicola-Cusotmer Services
Paid a lot of money and my shoes rubbed me leaving blisters on the back of my foot

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry your items were not suitable.

As style and fit is personal there is no guarantee a shoe will fit and other factors can also affect this.

As you have worn the shoes we would be unable to accept them back however we would suggest giving your feet a break from wearing them, some materials are harder than others to settle in and if you keep trying them whilst your feet are sore, it will distress your feet more.

We are again sorry you were disappointed and hope it will not deter you from ordering another style from us again soon

Not worth the money

Thankyou for your review.

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your order.

As we have no further information or contact from you regarding any concerns, please can you email sales@clinkard.co.uk or call our friendly Customer Services Team on 0345 2417742, we can then assist.

We look forward to hearing from you

Nicola
Spent a great deal of money on a bag. Arrived through the post with no more protection than a thin polythene bag...not surprisingly the bag was scuffed.
Rang to explain what had happened and asked that the bag be replaced. A very helpful lady agreed that the bag should have been better protected and promised to call me back once the replacement bag which had been located in a store was received back, and checked over, at the despatch centre. I wasn’t called back and no replacement has been received. The result is £190 spent on a damaged bag which Charles Clinkard deemed unworthy of a box or adequate packaging,
Extremely upset and bitterly disappointed. I guess I’ll have to try polishing the scuffs out before wrapping it. Bought as a Christmas present for my daughter.
Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that you received a bag that was scuffed. This should have been wrapped correctly and checked before sending out. We did send to you a pre paid label for the return of the bag, My colleague did arrange for a new bag for you, but due to a second lock down, it looks like this did not complete.

I have written to you seperately and hope that we can help further.

Janice - customer services
Enjoy peace of mind with 365 day returns they say....I say avoid.

Having bought many boots and shoes over the years from Clinkards and having never had any issues or had to return faulty products, I believed I was ordering from a decent trusted retailer. How wrong could I be?

I needed to return faulty boots purchased online; the zip came down during a period of wear repeatedly. I returned them within 30 days of purchase as they were not fit for purpose.

I received an email asking me about whether I was zipping the boots up correctly and using a velcro catch. After stating the obvious over an exchange of 3 emails about them having difficulty replicating the fault, I had to chase up a response to my refund. When I did over the phone; I was told that they would not refund me, nor was an exchange or credit note mentioned by the first two advisors I spoke to, as they could not replicate the fault. Their solution was that I come into the store and do a demonstration, so that they could check the boots were faulty and fit correctly. I'm not sure whether this would mean frog marching their customer around the shop or perhaps accompanying them around the shopping centre? Outrageous.

The manager did phone me back on the day promised which was something but I had to argue the toss again with her. I had to advise I would take my complaint further before a full refund was offered.

This is all during a pandemic where we are all trying to get along without having close contact and relying on retailers being decent when purchasing online. Maybe CharlesClinkard are on the brink of collapse and their staff are under instruction to avoid giving refunds at all costs? It certainly seemed that way.
Useless you sent a pair of seconds, and could not replace them. Poor.

Thankyou for your review.

On checking the order, we can see the shoes ordered were shipped directly from the manufacturer on our behalf. We note you contacted us to advise there was a fault with the item and we helped voer the cost of the postage for you.

On return, we contacted the supplier to see if we were able to send an exchange however the stock was no longer available to us and we ensured a refund was processed.

We are very sorry you were disappointed, we will ensure the manufacturer who dispatched the original apir are made aware of your feedback.

We hope you will return to shopping with us again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries

Nicola-Customer Services
Absolutely shocking customer service experience. Firstly, I was sent the wrong shoes (through the fault of a staff member) when I got in touch to inform the company and request a replacement be sent out, I was informed that they replacement couldn’t be posted out until after I posted back the pair I had received (implying that I would otherwise try to steal them) My local post office is an 18 mile round trip and work commitments meant that I had to wait until the following day. I was worried that I wouldn’t have them by the weekend and as I had explained to the customer service team I had lost my sons shoe the previous week and we had been waiting for this pair to allow him to leave the house. I posted them first thing in the morning and was informed by a staff member shorty afterwards that the replacements were on their way to me next day delivery. When they eventually arrived, they had NOT been posted next day delivery and according to the postmark had in fact not been posted until the afternoon. My son went 5 extra days with no shoes, which meant five extra days of trying to explain to an 18 month old why he can’t leave the house. I am deeply disappointed. The replacement pair should have been sent out next day delivery, as soon as I reported the issue, and I should have been allowed a days grace to post the pair in my possession. But worse than that was being blatantly lied to by a customer services representative. I’m afraid I will not be shopping with you again.
Hello,

Thankyou for your recent review.

During the dispatch process, items are rigorously checked and on this occasion we are disappointed the incorrect item was sent to you.

Our Customer Services Team issued a covering postage label for you so the items would be dropped off without any cost to yourself due to the error made

We do need to know the shoes are on their way back as we were concerned the mix up may have affected another customer and we can confirm that once you called us on the 19th November to advise the item was dropped off, the pair on hold were checked thoroughly.

Once these had been checked then the courier DPD collected these as soon as they were able and had them sent to your local depot for a delivery on the 20th November 2020.

Once we pass these to DPD we hope they will deliver as soon as possible and we are unaware of any delays however the couriers do currently have a number of extra deliveries due to the current pandemic and the festive period approaching.

We understand how frustrated you are and are disappointed you will not be returning to us.

We have contacted you via your order and hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith,

Nicola-Customer Services
Paid for gift wrapped service but didn’t get it unfortunately.

Thankyou for your review.

We are very sorry the item was not gift wrapped as requested

Please find details of your refund shortly for the amount of £2.99.

Nicola-Customer Services
My boots arrived damaged and the box was entirely crushed. Not impressed.
Hello Thankyou for your email. We have contacted via your email to gain further information We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you

Kind Regards Nicola-Customer Services
I received a handbag that was defective. I wrote an email to the sales team to query my order, and I never received a reply.

Thankyou for your review

We responded to the concern with your Kipling bag on the 12th November 2020 and had also requested the replacement item be held and also checked to compare against the issues you had with the original.

Please do check your junk folder as the response may have gone to there.

We have also resent the details over today and look forward to any further queries that you may have

Nicola-Customer Services
Boots arrived in a BAD condition. They were returned and another pair requested. The second pair wee just as bad. These wee returned for a refund
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the quality of the shoes.

We will of course pass your comments onto the manufacture.

We hope you find another style within our range.

With regards,

Nicola-Customer Services
over-priced and poorly made!!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the quality of the shoes.

We will of course pass your comments onto the manufacture.

We hope you find another style within our range.

With regards,