Approved Food Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Approved Food Ltd
Read Approved Food Ltd Reviews

About Approved Food Ltd:

Approved Food is the largest online retailer of short dated food and drink in the UK. Customers regularly save over £60 on their weekly grocery shop made up of major brands and 'de-Identified' residual stock from the major supermarkets. This mix of products and savings offers our customers fantastic value every day, something that supermarkets and high-street discounters just cannot compete with.

cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Approved Food Ltd.
Unit 1, Silkstone Court,
Upper Cliffe Road,
Dodworth Business Park South,
Barnsley,,

Good selection of items but feel let down by service and delivery times. Took over a week from order to delivery and was advised it was due to “current circumstances”, although if referring to Covid this has been going on for a long time. Items were well packaged and was next day delivery from date of “picking” so pretty good. All in all an average experience but will not put me off trying another order.
First time ordering was an easy process also used discount from MSE. Some products were very good- short date. Couldn’t eat the out of date products as too stale tasting.
Hi Gina,

So sorry that you found some items in your order not suitable for consumption - this isn't what we expect for our customers!

If you haven't already could you please send an email to cs@approvedfood.co.uk with more information on this, so that our team can look into this for you?

Kind regards
AF
The website is not comfortable for shopping as other websites, like if I add something to the basket I only have 30 minutes to checkout (that is limiting my time) to chose more things to buy, as a result I had to add the items for more than 3 times to my basket, firstly chose them then go back to the basket and keep scrolling on pages to find the things again I liked to add them at once in my basket and then rushed to checkout, that wasted half of my day. However, prices are fine not low but a bit less than usual.
The website should have an option for liked/watched items.
Everything great except crisps which arrived squashed and inedible. Still waiting for a reply from them about this
I bought a box of Naked dark chocolate bars and the chocolate was white, I have thrown them out - disappointed
I ordered coffee which was listed with a use by date of some 4 months ahead, but on arrival was actually 8 months out of date. They did arrange collection and a full refund without delay, so I am willing to believe that it was an oversight and that maybe some of the boxes were in date before they realised. They have now altered the best before date on their site. I will give them another go in the future but would recommend emailing them first to get them to check the date on the product is confirmed as listing.
Good Morning Richard,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you will use our company again.
Thank you for reporting any issues, we are happy to help.

AF.
The items I chose individually were great, but I did get a lucky box. Sadly most of these items were a year past their BB date, so, it depends how you feel about eating that.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your individual products. However, as a company we specialise in food that is near or passed its best before date in order to combat food waste. We are sorry you did not enjoy your lucky box for this reason.

AF.
Delivery was a lot slower than expected especially as some of the food was on ,near or past bbd
They used to be really good but since using DX Express as couriers they have gone down in stars. I am still waiting for my latest parcel to arrive after being told for a week now it would be delivered "today".
When they change their courier, I will give them 5 stars as I always have in the past.
The items were all good except the bag of biscuits which mostly crumb
I came back to using this only recently - 1st time being around 8 years ago. There are less nice options than their used to be and the delivery charges are unacceptable
Happy with most I've received, best before dates that are more obvious immediately would be good plus the postage cost being less would encourage me to buy more!
Good Morning Jennifer,

Thank you for your message. We are glad you enjoyed your order! We take your suggestions into consideration! Thanks!

AF.
order got lost in tansit but very helpful staff helped me reorder and explained why? We have to be understanding with current situation don't we?
Good Morning Rachel,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you are understanding of any delivery difficulties at this time. Thank you for your order.

AF
Good quality food, sadly yet again, no list of purchased items included, making it difficult to check order all there
Good Morning Pat,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that this happened. Please feel free to contact our customer service team who are happy to sort this for you at cs@approvedfood.co.uk

AF
Most of goods acceptable. Jaffa cakes all stuck together mixed biscuits all tasted minty so not enjoyable. All else value for money
Good Morning Jennifer,

We are sorry to hear about this. If you have any further issues, please let our customer service team know at cs@approvedfood.co.uk

AF.
Their offering of goods is rather hit and miss which you may expect, the prices are average to good and better on some products than others. Picking and resulting delivery was slow possibly due to staff shortages with lockdown. I had an issue with some items that were delivered but the representative was easy to contact by email and was extremely helpful and resolved it speedily.
Good Morning Jacqueline,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your patience during this time and are glad we could assist you with any issues you have had.

AF.
The chocolates were good but they tasted a little old, especially the Neuhaus ones. Not sure if I will use again
Good Afternoon Nadia,

Sorry to hear about this. Please contact customer services on: cs@approvedfood.co.uk for assistance with your order. We hope we can resolve this for you.

AF.
I am a German customer since 2014 and ordered several times at Approved Food to get typical UK food and brands which are not available here or only at very high prices.
Everything was fine until the packaging became much much lighter and can not withstand the rough treatment of DPD staff anymore.
The last two parcels have been repacked by DPD and were missing several items. Mainly "fancy drinks" and alcohol seem to get damaged and had to be removed!
I would be very happy, if you could use better quality boxes, at least for abroad deliveries.
I was pleased with the ease of online shopping, trying a few new products and relatively quick delivery considering the Cov19 situation.
Good Morning Ann-Marie,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind comments and custom.

Lydia
Approved food is a good site but needs improvement as some items are more expensive than shop also not very organised with items not being group and need to put ingredients on items for people with allergies as its usually just a pic of front of item no info
Good Morning Donna,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments. We work our hardest to solve these issues that you have mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we hope we can solve all these issues for you.

Approved Food Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 8,062 reviews