Approved Food Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Approved Food Ltd
Read Approved Food Ltd Reviews

About Approved Food Ltd:

Approved Food is the largest online retailer of short dated food and drink in the UK. Customers regularly save over £60 on their weekly grocery shop made up of major brands and 'de-Identified' residual stock from the major supermarkets. This mix of products and savings offers our customers fantastic value every day, something that supermarkets and high-street discounters just cannot compete with.

cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Approved Food Ltd.
Unit 1, Silkstone Court,
Upper Cliffe Road,
Dodworth Business Park South,
Barnsley,

Some items can be more expensive than supermarkets but still some good bargains can be found. However they are let down badly by terrible customer service. My last order was dropped and damaged by the shippers, which is a nuisance but not their fault. However their customer service took 5 days to reply and only said they couldn't see the photos I'd added to the ticket (despite them showing up in their reply to me). They took many replies and many days to resolve the problem whilst each reply announced at the top that my problem was "solved". They falsely claimed they couldn't see people's replies unless they mark all tickets as solved. When I tweeted them twice to prompt a response to my ticket there was no reply. Have added the photo (that they said they couldn't see) of the broken drink carton, leaking olive jar and mess. They say the service is slow due to volume of emails but actually the customer service is simply inept, untrained or working against the business.
I am a German customer since 2014 and ordered several times at Approved Food to get typical UK food and brands which are not available here or only at very high prices.
Everything was fine until the packaging became much much lighter and can not withstand the rough treatment of DPD staff anymore.
The last two parcels have been repacked by DPD and were missing several items. Mainly "fancy drinks" and alcohol seem to get damaged and had to be removed!
I would be very happy, if you could use better quality boxes, at least for abroad deliveries.
All items are in perfect condition and as described. The delivery was when it said it would be. The outer box and two inner boxes were wet though but I could not find any leakage and the only liquid I had bought was taped up so I can only assume this was from someone else's order in the delivery van. I have used before and I will use again.
Good Afternoon Tracy,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your continued custom!

AF.
Getting better at packing goods well to prevent damage, now need a better delivery service who don't fling boxes around & carry upside down, leaving very well packaged glass bottles smashed & leaking coke all over everything else.
Thank you for ordering with us and, we will take on board the feedback. Any further issues please email cs@approvedfood.co.uk - AF
Excellent products at great prices but I do have one complaint - when you put items in your basket they should be saved until you go to pay for them - last Sunday I went to pay but then was told several items were out of stock & as a result I was below the minimum spend - as a result I gave up & didn't place an order. So if this problem can be resolved I will remain a loyal customer - so if an item is out of stock that sho8luld be flagged when you go to put it in your basket not when you are about to pay.
Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for giving us 4 stars and for leaving this review. We have been experiencing an issue with the products not being reserved, but the IT team do appear to have found the main fault of this.

All the best
AF
this is one of the best companies around lots of great buys for everyone i have been using them for a few years now and always find lots of savings oneveryday products so dont be shy give them a try
Thank you for ordering with us and for your kind words, AF
When things go right you can make great savings. The minimum order is quite high so you normally have to buy items you don't need so much or pay the 5.99 postage. Customer service is OK but slow and things can and do go wrong, you have to be patient it often takes 48h+ for a response. Like I say it can be worth it as some of the savings are huge but you have to put the time in to find them and if you leave things in your basket too long without completing the sale they will likely disappear!
Thank you for ordering with us and for the feedback. We now have 2 customer service advisors do the first response time is down to 10 hours for a first response, AF
Another really good delivery. Will return for more items in future, however I prefer to omit the bargain box as the random surprise items weren't really my taste. Still was worth to try to help decide to miss out this option in future.

Regards

Kathleen Horrocks (Mrs)
Thank you for ordering with us and for your kind words, AF
I was really impressed with the order I received from approved foods both for the quantity and quality provided already recommending to others
Thank you for ordering with us and for your kind words, AF
A wonderful find. Prices were great and so was the service. Thank you.
Thank you for ordering with us and for your kind words, AF
Excellent as always!!! Happy with the speedier delivery this time 😃
Thank you for ordering with us and for your kind words, AF
Brilliant company, extremely quick delivery. Will definitely use again!
Approved Food Ltd is fantastic !!! Ordered the items looked at the discounted price great value !! Speedy delivery what more can a customer ask for !!!
I have passed your info over to several friends in the hope that the word gets around !!
Many thanks !!!
Thank you for ordering with us and for your kind words, AF
1st time shopper with approved food.ordered , and delivered very soon after by courier .no problems .will use again without concern
Thank you for ordering with us and for your kind words, AF
Sent me stuff that have been expired over a year ago.
Hello, We apologise you were not happy with your order. Approved Food specialises in selling short-dated products, those close to or past their best before date. The best before date is related to food quality, therefore, food past this date is safe to consume. This means we can pass on huge savings to our customers. If you prefer not to see these products you can click 'show only in date products' on the left-hand sidebar. Thanks, AF
I am still waiting for my delivery paid for on November 2nd. I have tried to contact you and the carrier to no avail. I should not have to chase the carrier, the order was placed with you.
I am extremely disappointed
Unfortunately, last order got missing. I'd advise you to avoid DHL as our parcel is missing and the food has never arrived. What a shame
I love trying new items. Some are amazing value, others barely anything off the RRP so just double check. We truly love the Lucky Boxes- and try to order when they have them. Much excitement from the kids when an Approved Food order comes.
Still waiting
Changed my rating. Offer you half price delivery for leaving a review...then there is no promised code after!!
Approved Food Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 7,880 reviews