Approved Food Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Approved Food Ltd
Read Approved Food Ltd Reviews

About Approved Food Ltd:

Approved Food is the largest online retailer of short dated food and drink in the UK. Customers regularly save over £60 on their weekly grocery shop made up of major brands and 'de-Identified' residual stock from the major supermarkets. This mix of products and savings offers our customers fantastic value every day, something that supermarkets and high-street discounters just cannot compete with.

cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Approved Food Ltd.
Unit 1, Silkstone Court,
Upper Cliffe Road,
Dodworth Business Park South,
Barnsley,

Never had any problems before last order
Still waiting for it to be delivered to my work
Hi Robert,

I'm really sorry to hear about this! Could you please send a message to our customer services team (cs@approvedfood.co.uk) with your order number and they will be happy to help.

Apologies again for this.

Kind Regards
AF
Where do I begin!

I made an order on Monday 16th September & was advised it would be delivered on Tuesday 17th. September
Someone waited in all day & It didn’t arrive.
Eventually it was reported that the carrier couldn’t find our address.
This was very surprising as although we live in a rural area we have online carriers delivering daily.
For example I ordered something from another company at the same time (16th September) as my Approved food order.
It arrived promptly at the advised time within a 2 hour time slot on 17th September.
After many complaints the delivery finally arrived on Saturday 21st September
An order I made with Amazon on 21st September arrived on 22nd.
Both my other deliveries were postage free whereas I had to pay for the one from Approved foods.
Hence I won’t be using them again especially as I haven’t been offered an compensation even for the postage
Hi Jennifer,

So sorry to hear that you have experienced these problems with delivery and for the inconvenience/frustration caused by this.

We aim to provide the best service possible for our customers, so all of your comments have been recorded and fed back to the courier for further investigation.

Please could you check your emails, as I have been advised by the customer services team that this has now been resolved and a goodwill gesture provided.

Apologies again and thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Best wishes
AF
Received Nutella out of date and all went to bin. No one even bother to reply to my email's or phone calls
Website layout is pretty poor. If they made it easier to filter and find products in range of pricing, reviews, best match that would be so much easier. I hate having to search through page after page and not finding what I want. Also the delivery is far too pricey. I do appreciate that it's a small business but we need more offers on delivery. I would order alot more often if the delivery was cheaper.
I received my order this week, with broken glass as the bottom where one of the items had smashed and poured out everywhere. It was also missing 4 other items that I had ordered. I have rung and emailed customer services and had no response.
Hello, we apologise for this. I have given your details to our customer service team, however, we are experiencing a high volume of emails and calls but getting back to everyone in order as soon as possible. Your issue is important thanks for your patience. AF
Sent me stuff that have been expired over a year ago.
Hello, We apologise you were not happy with your order. Approved Food specialises in selling short-dated products, those close to or past their best before date. The best before date is related to food quality, therefore, food past this date is safe to consume. This means we can pass on huge savings to our customers. If you prefer not to see these products you can click 'show only in date products' on the left-hand sidebar. Thanks, AF
I am still waiting for my delivery paid for on November 2nd. I have tried to contact you and the carrier to no avail. I should not have to chase the carrier, the order was placed with you.
I am extremely disappointed
Difficult to write a review when my order never arrived. I emailed their customer services and got an automated reply but have had no other communication from them. So 0 out of 10.
To be fair, I've dealt with this company for about eight years, and this is the first time this has happened.
Unfortunately, last order got missing. I'd advise you to avoid DHL as our parcel is missing and the food has never arrived. What a shame
2 voicemails left and 1 ticket raised with no reply My latest order was showing being picked for several days so my husband went down to depot to find out what was happening My order was sat there waiting to be collected Order missing a couple or items and a bag of flour has a hole in it
Still waiting
I was told the day before I had to be in but you cold tell me what time the delivery would be. Then when the order finally arrived, a can of coke had burst making everything wet and sticky. Beer bottles were also badly packed and its a wonder they had not broken. Very little care seems to be taken when packing and delivering your orders.
One of the items was a mascara which the seal was broken and had been used so that's what went wrong!
I was sent a damaged packet of rice, attempts were made by ApprovedFood to seal a hole in the packet with sellotape before sending it to me, and to add salt to wound, the package arrived damaged with a rice puddle at the bottom of the bag. I've been offered a refund in the form of 'credit' to spend on their website. This experience has been complete prank joke; i'm left with a damaged product that may have been interfered and is completely unusable and will be thrown away.

I contacted their customer service team about this and they've pre-empted a solution whereby they've offered to : i quote:
"I have passed this feedback to our warehouse manager to investigate why this was sent to you in this way, from a Mr Harper."
Feedback? Open an investigation, who's idea is it to send a customer a damaged item and who did the packaging because it was incredibly poor.
For the second time now I have only received 1 of the 2 boxes that I delivered.
The packaging and delivery were impeccable BUT the oatcakes were rancid. I have now noticed that it was clearly indicated that they were past the selling date. Even so, I don't think they should be marketed: they are inedible. (some products even if past their sell/by/date are perfectly good to eat, clearly not these oatcakes.)
Hi Mrs Butler, I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your order. A member of Customer Service team will be in touch shortly to resolve this. Kind regards, Jennie
packing wasn't as good as usually is had cream leaked out everywhere biscuits crushed not upto your usual standard
Hi Mrs Roberts, Please accept my apologies for the damage to your order. I understand that our customer services team have been in touch with you to resolve this. Kind regards, Jennie
My bad experience was last week when I mad a huge order after an email offering free delivery. In fact it was PARTIAL free delivery so I feel badly let down. My contact with customer service did not resolve this. Doubtful about ordering again and feel trading standards may be interested.
All the items that I ordered had an expiry date of 25 August 2017. Item was delivered to me 4 days after it has expired.

Not happy at all. Had I known I would not have ordered a lot.
Goods all thrown in to oversized box together (tins and fragile items) no protection or separation, therefore received box of broken biscuits, crisps, crackers etc, having been free moving in box during handling. My complaint was dealt with quickly, however, with the explanation that the box had been repacked by delivery company, for some reason. Am assured I will have refund within 48hours, so assuming that happens, I was satisfied with the complaints handling. Bad first experience though, so sorry, won't be buying again.
Approved Food Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 7,919 reviews