Approved Food Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Approved Food Ltd
Read Approved Food Ltd Reviews

About Approved Food Ltd:

Approved Food is the largest online retailer of short dated food and drink in the UK. Customers regularly save over £60 on their weekly grocery shop made up of major brands and 'de-Identified' residual stock from the major supermarkets. This mix of products and savings offers our customers fantastic value every day, something that supermarkets and high-street discounters just cannot compete with.

cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Approved Food Ltd.
Unit 1, Silkstone Court,
Upper Cliffe Road,
Dodworth Business Park South,
Barnsley,,

Not as cheap as Cut Price Barry’s and less choice. Will stick to Cut Price Barry’s.
Happy with the deals and amount of quality, discounted products, yet a item from my order was out of stock. I was not offered an alternative, or additional discount despite the same item being in stock at the same price, but listed differently (not sure why??) additionally my package when delivered was open. When I asked the delivery driver why, the driver stated he received it like that. Lastly, when emailed about my item not being in stock, I was automatically given a instore credit, which I did not want. I had to email your customer service to request a monetary refund something that I shouldn't have to ask, it should be automatic. On this occasion, and on this order the service has really been affected, it puts me of purchasing from this site in the future I'm afraid to say.
Hi,

Thank you for your review, we're sorry for any disappointment you have had with this order.

Your comments regarding how this order has arrived have been recorded for further monitoring and investigation, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

In regards to the out of stock item being credited to your Approved Food account, we don't actually process the payments ourselves and use a third party payment processor to do so, for security reasons. As such, for these said security purposes, we don't story any financial details and therefore don't have the facility to automatically refund straight to the payment method. However, we are always happy to refund this manually on request, as was done so with your order.

I hope this helps to explain the reasoning behind why this was credited rather than refunded in the first instance, and would like to thank you again for making us aware of the issues with delivery.

Kind regards
AF
I was very impressed with the items I got. I ordered 3 Easter eggs. 2 large and 1 medium. The large eggs were heavier and more expensive. I received 3 small/medium eggs, all the same weight. I highly doubt I'll be using them again if they are going to scam people out of items they actually ordered.
Good Morning Samantha,

Thanks for your message.
We are sorry to hear about this. Please message our customer service team to help you with any issues you have.
cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Kind regards,
AF
Missing item. Worst of all was that 9 of one product had torn packaging and their was gooey sticky stuff on the items. Not good
Good Morning,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about the condition of your order. We can assure you that this is not the standard we expect.
Please message our customer service team who would be more than happy to help at cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Kind Regards,
AF.
Poor customer service, order took 10 days to come and unable to speak directly to anybody.
I was informed nuts on my order were out of stock. The money was not refunded to my card. I would have to place another order to have it refunded !!
Good Morning Sheila,

Thank you for your message.
I am sorry to hear this. If you would like your refund returned to your bank instead of credit, please email our customer service team who are more than happy to do this for you.

Kind Regards,
AF.
Change your courier.

I understand in these testing times that there are less staff etc. Than usual, however
The courier scanned my box as delivered when it handy been delivered, I then had an email saying I'd get it the following day in the morning, didn't get it, contacted the courier on twitter, to get a snippy response saying its been delivered (it handy) informing me to get back to the sender, it took approved food a day and age to reply to my emails, this is all after it took them 10 days to dispatch the box in the first place, 13 days later I recieved it, on the evening of the second day, box was battered, and soaking wet, luckily I only bought bottles of alcohol, otherwise I shudder to think what food would have been like.

I got a refund on my postage, but doesn't seem worth it for the amount of times, and people I had to fight with.
Hi David,

We're really sorry to hear that you have had this bad experience. This isn't what we expect for our customers, and your feedback has all been noted to help us continue to improve the services that we offer.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Kind regards
AF
Some of the prices shown are different to the price shown (more expensive) this isn't good as I only noticed once my order was delivered but could not get in touch with you to try sort the issue out. Really not a happy man tbh. I won't be using the site again unless this issue is sorted out.
Not for me.
Hadn't ordered for a while but my sons wanted to order some stuff. Relatively small order with mostly drinks and snacks. It turned up in a really bad state, box ripped open and soaking with the driver saying he thought he got everything back in (turned out he didn't). Had a whole bottle of vinegar smashed inside and 3/4 bottle of coke gone, which explained the soaking box. Mailed the delivery firm, got an apology but told to take it up with approved food, but after mailing and waiting 5 days....no response from them at all about the delivery or the missing items.
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your review.

I'm really sorry to see how this order has arrived and that you haven't received any contact about this. I've been checking with the team and we can see that an email was sent to you on the 25th September. Could you please check your emails and, if you haven't received this, email directly to cs@approvedfood.co.uk. We will be more than happy to resolve this for you.

So sorry again about this.

Kind Regards
AF
Order completed efficiently but my price query about it was ignored completely which wasn’t appreciated
All queries are answered by email, if you can please email cs@approvedfood.co.uk the customer service team will be happy to help your query - AF
Have a complaint about your rrp prices as feel i was over charged for go cat dry cat food 1.99 for a 340gm box is more than I pay in shops
a bottle of chardonnay was smashed in he bottom of the box
Hi,

So sorry to hear this - could you please email our customer service team about this and they will be happy to help? cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Thanks
AF
Used to be a great site but prices have gone up stupidly high for out of date & damaged stuff.
Don't recommend it as much now :(
Hi,

So sorry that you feel this way! All feedback is passed onto the appropriate team, as we are always trying to provide the best service for our customers.

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, and I'm sorry again for any disappointment.

Kind Regards
AF
Some dog food not so good and found cheaper elsewhere noticed prices creeping up! As well as delivery charges on my big orders
Thank you for ordering with us and for your feedback, AF
Products were good but postage was a disgrace I live outside Aberdeen but was charged postage for Highland and Islands disgrace added £10.50 onto my order
Very poor delivery take more than 17 days to get the package...I don't think I will do again
With the minimum £55 shop to have free delivery; it is now not worth using approved food. They do not save any money in the long run.
Some items can be more expensive than supermarkets but still some good bargains can be found. However they are let down badly by terrible customer service. My last order was dropped and damaged by the shippers, which is a nuisance but not their fault. However their customer service took 5 days to reply and only said they couldn't see the photos I'd added to the ticket (despite them showing up in their reply to me). They took many replies and many days to resolve the problem whilst each reply announced at the top that my problem was "solved". They falsely claimed they couldn't see people's replies unless they mark all tickets as solved. When I tweeted them twice to prompt a response to my ticket there was no reply. Have added the photo (that they said they couldn't see) of the broken drink carton, leaking olive jar and mess. They say the service is slow due to volume of emails but actually the customer service is simply inept, untrained or working against the business.
I have placed orders in the past and the service has been excellent this time I ordered for collection and the status has not changed in 10 days from picking, emails have been sent service calls made, phone calls impossible as no reply all to no avail still the order has not been updated and still no replies to my emails getting concerned as we only have a limited time frame in which we can collect then it will no longer be possible. Extremely disappointed by this lack of customer service as in the past all queries have been dealt with in good time.
Hello, we apologise for this. We are experiencing a high volume of emails and calls but getting back to everyone in order as soon as possible. Your issue is important thanks for your patience. AF
Do not get the credit promised for writing this review
Approved Food Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 8,111 reviews