Approved Food Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Approved Food Ltd
Read Approved Food Ltd Reviews

About Approved Food Ltd:

Approved Food is the largest online retailer of short dated food and drink in the UK. Customers regularly save over £60 on their weekly grocery shop made up of major brands and 'de-Identified' residual stock from the major supermarkets. This mix of products and savings offers our customers fantastic value every day, something that supermarkets and high-street discounters just cannot compete with.

cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Approved Food Ltd.
Unit 1, Silkstone Court,
Upper Cliffe Road,
Dodworth Business Park South,
Barnsley,

Not for me.
Hadn't ordered for a while but my sons wanted to order some stuff. Relatively small order with mostly drinks and snacks. It turned up in a really bad state, box ripped open and soaking with the driver saying he thought he got everything back in (turned out he didn't). Had a whole bottle of vinegar smashed inside and 3/4 bottle of coke gone, which explained the soaking box. Mailed the delivery firm, got an apology but told to take it up with approved food, but after mailing and waiting 5 days....no response from them at all about the delivery or the missing items.
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your review.

I'm really sorry to see how this order has arrived and that you haven't received any contact about this. I've been checking with the team and we can see that an email was sent to you on the 25th September. Could you please check your emails and, if you haven't received this, email directly to cs@approvedfood.co.uk. We will be more than happy to resolve this for you.

So sorry again about this.

Kind Regards
AF
Order completed efficiently but my price query about it was ignored completely which wasn’t appreciated
All queries are answered by email, if you can please email cs@approvedfood.co.uk the customer service team will be happy to help your query - AF
Have a complaint about your rrp prices as feel i was over charged for go cat dry cat food 1.99 for a 340gm box is more than I pay in shops
a bottle of chardonnay was smashed in he bottom of the box
Hi,

So sorry to hear this - could you please email our customer service team about this and they will be happy to help? cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Thanks
AF
Used to be a great site but prices have gone up stupidly high for out of date & damaged stuff.
Don't recommend it as much now :(
Hi,

So sorry that you feel this way! All feedback is passed onto the appropriate team, as we are always trying to provide the best service for our customers.

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, and I'm sorry again for any disappointment.

Kind Regards
AF
Some dog food not so good and found cheaper elsewhere noticed prices creeping up! As well as delivery charges on my big orders
Thank you for ordering with us and for your feedback, AF
Products were good but postage was a disgrace I live outside Aberdeen but was charged postage for Highland and Islands disgrace added £10.50 onto my order
Very poor delivery take more than 17 days to get the package...I don't think I will do again
With the minimum £55 shop to have free delivery; it is now not worth using approved food. They do not save any money in the long run.
Some items can be more expensive than supermarkets but still some good bargains can be found. However they are let down badly by terrible customer service. My last order was dropped and damaged by the shippers, which is a nuisance but not their fault. However their customer service took 5 days to reply and only said they couldn't see the photos I'd added to the ticket (despite them showing up in their reply to me). They took many replies and many days to resolve the problem whilst each reply announced at the top that my problem was "solved". They falsely claimed they couldn't see people's replies unless they mark all tickets as solved. When I tweeted them twice to prompt a response to my ticket there was no reply. Have added the photo (that they said they couldn't see) of the broken drink carton, leaking olive jar and mess. They say the service is slow due to volume of emails but actually the customer service is simply inept, untrained or working against the business.
I have placed orders in the past and the service has been excellent this time I ordered for collection and the status has not changed in 10 days from picking, emails have been sent service calls made, phone calls impossible as no reply all to no avail still the order has not been updated and still no replies to my emails getting concerned as we only have a limited time frame in which we can collect then it will no longer be possible. Extremely disappointed by this lack of customer service as in the past all queries have been dealt with in good time.
Hello, we apologise for this. We are experiencing a high volume of emails and calls but getting back to everyone in order as soon as possible. Your issue is important thanks for your patience. AF
Do not get the credit promised for writing this review
My low score applies to the latest delivery. The service seems to have gone downhill during the last year.
Nine items on my delivery sheet were missing, I sent two e-mails and five days later, I still had no acknowledgement !
This now makes three out of my last four orders which had problems. Still waiting for a response.The food itsself is usually okay.
Hello, I apologise that your issue has not been solved. We are experiencing a high volume of emails and calls but getting back to everyone in order as soon as possible. I have however passed on your details to the customer service team. Thanks, AF
Ordering, especially if it’s a popular product, you only have 30mins to complete your shopping,bit more time would be helpful👍
Shipping is not a problem and friendly van drivers.

Lastly the BAD part......CUSTOMERS SERVICES via telephone, is non existent.
Something really must be done, at this moment in time, after reviewing here, it’ll be my 7th attempt to contact regarding an order I received last week.
Neither by phone, email or service ticket have I been able to speak to anyone.
Don’t get me wrong APPROVED FOODS does save you money, good products and yes I would recommend them to friends but would make them aware of customer services
Several items not in stock, some products misleading. Unfortunate as been a regular customer until now. Very unhappy with the last order I made.
Faq states that out of date products are "perfectly fine to eat". I purchased three packs of poptarts, bb:June 2017. All three packs had mold on each tart. Approved foods response was, "out of date food is fine to eat. Sorry, have a refund". Blatant disregard for their products and the potential mold risk.
As detailed in an email to Approved Food yesterday afternoon, the reason for the delay in the order arriving was that the contents were all virtually destroyed by the carriers.
Not only was the delivery a complete mess with broken glass and sticky substances all over the goods. Biscuits and crisps were crushed flat but most of all there were many items missing either smashed by careless carriers or taken from the delivery and not replaced. All in all at least half of the goods were missing.
Changed my rating. Offer you half price delivery for leaving a review...then there is no promised code after!!
My order wasn't complete and just cuz it wasn't over a fiver they wouldn't complete the order
Approved Food Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 7,930 reviews