Ancient Wisdom Wholesale Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ancient Wisdom Wholesale
Read Ancient Wisdom Wholesale Reviews

About Ancient Wisdom Wholesale:

We Love Gifts. It’s important to be enthusiastic about what you do.. Since 1995 we have been passionate about bringing the best in wholesale gifts to our customers, both in the UK and across the world.

Ancient Wisdom Marketing LtdUnit 15 Parkwood Business Park, Parkwood Road

Tell us how Ancient Wisdom Wholesale made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Ancient Wisdom Wholesale 5 star review on 8th February 2018
Mothers Goodies
Ancient Wisdom Wholesale 5 star review on 31st May 2017
Alan & Candice @es-scents
More Photos & Videos
sadly, there was a time i would give 5 stars, but over the last year.. may be two, as a company you have fallen behind. dont get me wrong the products i buy are great and the customer service is still great, BUT order turn around has become to slow in most cases, stock always out of stock, and for very long periods of time too....

i think you have forgotten your older customers that have been loyal for years, in your quest to get new custom! would it not be best to tackle the problems you have supplying the customers you already have? so no i will not be recommending you to others no matter how many ££ you offer. UNTIL you can make ancient wisdom great again
Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your feedback.

I can definitely relate to your frustration and only apologise for this. Even after a great time of planning for the Christmas and making extra shifts and also preparing warehouse for the busy period we have slipped behind again due to the overwhelming amount of orders coming through.

It is on our priority list to fix the supply chain management and order processing for the next year and we will do everything in our power to make it more comfortable for you and all customers.

Once again I am sorry for this and hope it will only get better from next year onwards.

Kind Regards
Tomas
First order took over a week to arrive was over £100 didn’t get the advertised bonus. Placed second order Monday paid premium next day delivery which is advertised on there website 6 hours later they returned the cost of this stating this is suspended due to contract issues with courier customer service later told me it’s becsuse high volume of orders promised me delivery by the weekend as there are items I needed by the weekend nothing has been dispatched still and it’s Saturday dispatch from this supplier is awful. If you want anything within a week forget it. If you advertise next day delivery you should give that.
Hello,

Thank you for your message and for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We have been receiving a higher than normal demand for this time of the year and therefore we had to suspend the priority dispatch option - I do apologize for the incovneience.
We have been working very hard on clearing the backlog, we have extra staff and have been working extra hours. We are doing everything in our power to be back on track very soon.
With regards to the 1st order bonus, we have shipped it separately for you once this has been reported to us - again, apologies for the incovneience.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please do let me know.

Urszula
Frankly, I would give a 0 star rating if I could.
Order number 1) arrived with out 4 items and 2 of the items that did arrive were poor quality. I reported this to them (wouldn't have received my refund otherwise) and asked if there were any more of the missing items coming in. I was told "no because they are poor quality"...Like the ones you deemed ok to send me you mean!?

Order 2) received smashed! I tried messaging but no reply. Had to go through Paypal for a refund

Order 3) despite showing in stock, out of stock of an item. This time I received a refund but didn't know anything about it until I checked my Paypal account and saw it..I then had to email them to ask what it was for.

In short. 3 orders, 3 complete balls ups and I've had enough frankly. I will never order from them again.
Dear Christine,

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate it.

I have had a look at your account and I do apologize for the issues you have encountered.
I can see that the missing and damaged items have been sorted out for you. We do ask to be contacted if there is anything incorrect at your end so thank you for doing just that.
I apologize if the items you have received were of poor quality - again, if anything like this is brought to our attention we are happy to help. Most of the items we stock are pre-packed and although spot-checks are always performed, this does not guarantee that every single item will be identical so again - thank you for letting us know.

With regards to the damage reports to which you have not had an answer, I can see these were submitted to us via the offline-message system on the website. We have replied to the same email these were sent from the following business day. I can also see that there is a different email address for you when you place your orders and a different one you use to contact us so maybe this is where the issue with communications lies.

With regards to out of stock items, we advise on our website that this can on occasion happen and we do have a system in place for dealing with those. We also advise that should you wish to be contacted on any out of stock items to let us know so that we can put a note on your account and do this prior to shipping of your order so that you get a chance to make any changes.

I hope this clarifies the matter a little. If you do decide to use us again in the future, I will be more than happy to assist you.

Urszula
As with the previous person, I also placed an order this week on Tuesday and paid for it there and then, it also just shows awaiting to be picked, this too is my first order and after a phone call yesterday to be told it will be arriving next Wednesday is poor service, in today's age I don't think an 8 day turn around is sufficient enough, I haven't received my items and I don't think that I will be reordering if this is your service, especially to new customers
Placed an order on Friday 6th January 2017 only to be told on Monday 9th January 2017 that it is your first day back from the Christmas break and you have over 300 back orders to deal with which means my order will not be with me till at least next week now. I am not happy. Great way to treat a first time customer......not.
I love the quality of the product and ive sold lots and lots of soap flower baskets made up from our company .
Bath bombs are very reasonable priced that i now dont have to make my own .
Took over a week for order to arrive. It came in two shipments, with breakages and missing items. Informed them, no refund given. This is not the first time this has happened to me with this shambles of a company. I used to look forward to receiving my order from them, but now I dread opening my package, as I know there will be breakages and missing items - all too regular. I will not use them again.
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry that you were not happy with the service. Please contact us directly on 01142 729 165 or email care@ancientwisdom.biz with your details so that we can check on this for you and help. It is not like us not to sort out damages so I would like to assist you further here.

Urszula
I am so frustrated with AW at the moment. I have been a customer for over 15 years, so long that I remember the original split and Davids old partner forming RH. I have watched the company go from a supplier of mainly home fragrance products to the multidimensional wholesaler they are today, adding in additional lines that customers like ourselves suggested they should look at stocking, like the Tibetan goods, crystals and other items found in the stoneware department, packaging and much more. It felt like 'a Family' where we communicated and our businesses grew together. However, over the last year or two things seem to have changed. It's now almost impossible to keep your Gold reward going as there are so many items out of stock for months on end, and when they do finally arrive they are gone again within a day or two (salt lamps!!!), Items missing from orders repeatedly (so much so that I don't think I have received a single order in the last year where they wasn't a problem - Tingshas!!!) and finally, long waits for orders to arrive.
Don't get me wrong, I love Ancient Wisdom and admire what David has achieved, but as a customer I am having to source other suppliers as I simply can't rely on AW to provide what I want, when I want it, which is a real shame. Maybe it time to for AW to focus on keeping it's old customers by resolving these issues so I can, once again, order with confidence.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you are feeling disappointed with Ancient Wisdom at the moment.
We appreciate that the issues you have been encountering are frustrating and we are doing what is in our power to resolve this.

Salt lamps, as well as other stone related items are difficult to source.

David addressed this in his newsletter from the 12th of January. Here is an excerpt:

'One major task on my list is to secure another Salt Lamp supplier or even two. You might have noticed we are out of stock more often than in stock. A container comes and sells usually within a few days.
Heads up... A container just came guys.

They come from the salt lands of Pakistan, part of the Himalayan mountain range. A genuine Ancient Wisdom product as the first records of salt being mined in this area was in the time of Alexandra the Great. The salt is as pure and clean and ancient a product as you can find on earth, and has many uses - not least beautiful salt lamps. The problem is threefold.. 1. securing adequate, timely supplies 2. from a reputable ethical company (not just a middleman/marketing co) 3. being secure that our order will actually arrive.
How to do this? Well the answer is to meet the boss of the company, do independent background checks and build a good working relationship. Ideally visit the factory or HQ of the business and see for sure how workers are treated.
There are thousands of Himalayan Salt companies in Pakistan, mostly middleman traders buying what stock they can get, a few big organised companies and the family business we like to deal with is actually quite hard to find. Even when you find the right company, infrastructure and supply lines are so poor in that part of the world, that with the best will in the world they cannot meet our orders, we have standing orders of a container a month with two factories, the reality is a very intermittent supply. So hence we need more suppliers.
So that ten day window might be spent on this project. Do come for the ride..'

The same processes will apply to gemstones, tibetan artefacts and other misticall items sourced from those parts of the world.

With regards to the dispatch delays, we are still working on catching up after our annual Christmas break. Usually we were back on track within a week or so, however this year the amalgamation of larger than usual amount of orders during the break, several large deliveries and further large amount of orders after the break kept pushing us back.
We have been working extra shifts since before the break and have also hired extra staff to clear the backlog.

At present it has reduced by quite a bit so we are hoping to be back on track next week.

I am sorry about the missing items in your previous orders. I have spoken with our warehouse manager regarding this and asked for additional training especially for our new staff.

At this stage I would like to apologize again that you are feeling disappointed with our company, but I do hope that you will revisit the idea of us as your supplier and give us a go again in the future.

Should there be anything else I can assist you with, please do let me know.

Delivery takes ages.
Don't inform you of out of stock products until you get your order and find it missing, then check the invoice to see it's actually out of stock, which wouldn't be so bad if the delivery was quicker. You wait over a week to get an order and they don't inform you of backlogs, they expect you to go check it out their website - which is rubbish by the way!! I actually put off looking at what they have as their site is an awful experience to look through.
They seriously need to update their site and make it more user friendly.
Also - all orders I've ever done with them have had something missing or broken. Their customer services team take too long to rectify the problem and you have to chase for your replacements or refunds weeks later.
Products, when they turn up and not broken are actually good so it's a shame they are letting themselves down so much with the delivery side of things.
Maybe will try phoning in orders if they do that, as I'd like to know in advance if something I've ordered is not in stock. As a small business when you are waiting for a certain product for over a week, telling your customers that they are coming in, then for it to be out of stock and you find out at the last hurdle is very frustrating as you could have gone elsewhere and had it in sooner or AW lose out as you could replace it with something else from their supplies!
Perhaps they don't care about small business?
Dear Lynda,

Thank you for your message and your feedback - it is greatly appreciated.

I do understand your frustration regarding the out of stock items. Unfortunately we do not have a real-time system so it can happen that an item becomes unavailable post sale. We are working hard on reducing this by implementing new stock control strategies. We are also working on introducing a scanning system so the stock control will be updated as the items are removed from shelves.

In the meantime, we do advise on our website that we can ring you prior to dispatch of the order if anything is out os stock and this would give you a chance to swap. We tend to do this if 20% or more of the order is not available, but if requested, we will do this on each item so I have put a note on your account to do this on any out of stock items on your orders in the future.

I am sorry that you feel that our customer service team do not reply quickly enough. I have checked our email communications and on the two occasions we have received an email from you, I have replied to both within 24 hours. If there are any enquiries you have submitted that you have not had an answer to, please resubmit those to me directly and I will be happy to help.

I can also see that there was a refund due from your latest order for some out of stock items. This has been processed yesterday, upon invoicing of the order and I can see that the refund has been completed today.

We process all refunds upon invoicing so I am afraid that we were not able to process this any sooner.

I appreciate the fact that the dispatch times should be shorter and this is our ultimate goal. We would love to dispatch all orders within 24 hours and this is something we are working on constantly.

Over the last 2-3 weeks we have received several large deliveries of items that are very popular and, therefore, we have received an exceptionally large amount of orders. Our MD did advise in the recent newsletters of these and also of the delays. We have put a notice on the website as this is the first point of contact for all our customers and therefore the most reliable and visible place to put the information.

With regards to the dispatch times, I can see that there is a note on your account that you are closed on Mondays - please let us know if this is still the case as this does influence the dispatch times.

We advise that we ship orders within 1-2 business days on average (barring any extenuating circumstances).
I can see that the two orders we have received from yourself before the most recent one were both placed on a Thursday, which means they would have been leaving us on Friday for a Monday delivery, however, due to the note on the account, we held the orders until Monday so that you would not receive these on the day you are closed. The latest order has been placed during the time of the backlog so this is why it took longer than normal, for which I apologize.

I have also forwarded your feedback regarding the use of the website to our marketing and IT departments, as they are working continuously on improving the website.

If you have any specific suggestions, please do email us and I will be happy to pass these on as well.

I hope this clears up a few issues and please do accept our apologies here - we value all our customers no matter the size of their business. I have also put a £9 credit on your account, which will cover the delivery fee should you decide to give us a go in the future.

Urszula
Just started out with my own business I have to say how fantastic the products are there flying out very fast..
This was my second order from Ancient Wisdom all was great until I noticed one of the items were broken so I contacted Ancient Wisdom and emailed proof, the next day I heard nothing back via email then a few hours later there was a knock at the door with a replacement! Very pleased and will keep on using them and recommending them
I have been using AW for 3 years I was very pleased to start with but now finding more and more products out of stock. Some of the gem stones have now been out of stock for months, I don't want to find a new supplier as AW stones are so good but unfortunately I don't seem to have a choice. I was also very disappointed with the help I didn't receive from customer service with a problem on a recent order.
To sum up my feelings, AW has great products with great prices when you can get hold of what you need but I do feel things have gone down hill since I started using them.
We've been AW customers for a long time, the customer service from Lucy is appalling! Leaves a bad taste in your mouth! In early December, I asked questions about ingredients in a product and was promised twice, to get an email with information. This is end of January and I am still waiting. I chat with Lucy and this is what she tells me "you can leave a review if you would like to" rather than assist me. Terrible customer service
hi a great find, having bought wholesale items online for a few years, and it can be a minefield, large min , order price,
and getting stock that is cheap rubbish from china, that looks good on the pics ,but when it turns up is really cheap and poorly made.
this company is a breath of fresh air... low min order, good quality at cheap prices, easy no fuss ordering,and good margins for profit, and to top it all , free gift's.
how wholesale companies should be..
regards , mr s rubin. owner of shell's torquay......
Ancient Wisdom Wholesale 5 star review on 2nd August 2016
Poor service. This order still not arrived. No reply to messages. Last order took far to long as well. Says dispatched but takes near on a month to arrive!! Would not recommend
Dear Carol,

Thank you for your message and many apologies for this. We have been closed since the 20th of December until today.
I can see that my colleague contacted you separately to sort this out for you as this certainly does not sound like our standard service.

I am sure we can sort this out for you.

Many apologies for the incovneience.

Urszula
I have mixed feelings about Ancient Wisdom, lately I have been finding that I am getting less items damaged and generally now you are using APC deliveries are a lot more accurate. On the bad side I find the despatch times are not great at all especially at peak times and you may find out days after placing your order that items are out of stock. Compared to some of your competitors this system feels behind the times and instead of branching into other countries and opening shiny new premises maybe you should invest in a better ordering and processing system that allows customers to see your stock levels when ordering and try and dispatch quicker. Also the use of bubble wrap is excessive and although it protects the items I hope you are looking at more sustainable alternatives going forward.
Dear Marie,

Thank you for your message and your honest feedback - we do appreciate it.
We are working hard on improving the dispatch times and the accuracy of the stock.
The reason for opening new premises in Europe is mainly due to the current political climate and the constant uncertainty regarding Brexit and its influence on trade with Europe.
This means that unfortunately instead of focusing our operations entirely on the UK warehouse we had to work out a way of sustaining our import and export routes with Europe without having any indication of what the future holds.

As to the packaging, the bubble wrap and airbags we use are all biodegradable. We have been in continuous talks with our suppliers from India and China to reduce the use of single-use plastic in their deliveries so it is something that we are working on as it is very important to us.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please email us to care@ancientwisdom.biz

Urszula
received my first order a few days ago and very happy with everything, a couple of items said out of stock but they still have them on for sale .My own fault but I thought the first order bonus was for big retail companies if I had read and understood it I would have ordered the £100 worth of stock .Other than that im very happy and will use again
Loved getting my first order, even the delivery driver had a smile on his face because his van smelt so delicious..... What a delight! Love the products I ordered. Excellent communications, (I had to add to my order). Already getting my next order together. Thank you Ancient Wisdom.
Late dispatch and no information provided
Hello,

Thank you for your message and your feedback.

Urszula
As a new retailer I was more than happy to find AW as they have things to sell that I could not find with other suppliers. So far I have made two orders and neither one has been great really. The first order I made appeared all to be well protected as all items were bubble wrapped, so I was surprised to find two items smashed. The reason this bothered me is that it seems clear to me that they were damaged before being packed and sent as there was absolutely no damage to the box and no signs of heavy handling, also all the other fragile items in the order were intact with not so much as a scratch on them. I emailed the customer service team with photos of the damaged products and was sent a replacement, since I was happy with how the issue was dealt with I decided to go ahead and make a second order. My second order came and I check all the items over only to find one has not been sent. I checked the sheet they sent with the order details and the item was on the list marked as being picked and dispatched with the order. I decided to phone straight away this time and was told it would be sent out to me some time this week. Though I appreciate the fast response to the problems, my experiences have left me thinking I should not use AW as a supplier again as the staff responsible for picking and packing seem to be particularly careless and I see no excuse for it really as I used to be a picker for a large scale busy retailer and we and our management always made sure that items sent were of top quality with no damage and that none were missing items. It is a shame to me as I like so many of the products and they were just what I was looking for but two orders in as a new customer and both having problems, one even costing me time and money since it was an important item, just does not leave a very good impression at all.
Dear D Johnson,

Thank you very much for your message and for taking the time to leave us feedback - we do appreciate it.

I am familiar with the damaged items from your 1st order - they are quite fragile and do not travel well, however if they were damaged before shipping our pickers and packers should have spotted that.
With regards to the missing item - it is the same - the warehouse team should have checked this.

I have spoken with our warehouse manager and these issues have been addressed.
Thank you also for the positive feedback in terms of the post-sale services. We do try our best on all fronts and we will continue to improve our dispatch department as per your insights.

I have also emailed you directly regarding this.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance at some point.

Ancient Wisdom Wholesale is rated 4.58 based on 1,143 reviews