Ancient Wisdom Wholesale Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ancient Wisdom Wholesale
Read Ancient Wisdom Wholesale Reviews

About Ancient Wisdom Wholesale:

We Love Gifts. It’s important to be enthusiastic about what you do.. Since 1995 we have been passionate about bringing the best in wholesale gifts to our customers, both in the UK and across the world.

Ancient Wisdom Marketing LtdUnit 15 Parkwood Business Park, Parkwood Road

Tell us how Ancient Wisdom Wholesale made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Ancient Wisdom Wholesale 5 star review on 8th February 2018
Mothers Goodies
Ancient Wisdom Wholesale 5 star review on 31st May 2017
Alan & Candice @es-scents
More Photos & Videos
I have mixed feelings about Ancient Wisdom, lately I have been finding that I am getting less items damaged and generally now you are using APC deliveries are a lot more accurate. On the bad side I find the despatch times are not great at all especially at peak times and you may find out days after placing your order that items are out of stock. Compared to some of your competitors this system feels behind the times and instead of branching into other countries and opening shiny new premises maybe you should invest in a better ordering and processing system that allows customers to see your stock levels when ordering and try and dispatch quicker. Also the use of bubble wrap is excessive and although it protects the items I hope you are looking at more sustainable alternatives going forward.
Dear Marie,

Thank you for your message and your honest feedback - we do appreciate it.
We are working hard on improving the dispatch times and the accuracy of the stock.
The reason for opening new premises in Europe is mainly due to the current political climate and the constant uncertainty regarding Brexit and its influence on trade with Europe.
This means that unfortunately instead of focusing our operations entirely on the UK warehouse we had to work out a way of sustaining our import and export routes with Europe without having any indication of what the future holds.

As to the packaging, the bubble wrap and airbags we use are all biodegradable. We have been in continuous talks with our suppliers from India and China to reduce the use of single-use plastic in their deliveries so it is something that we are working on as it is very important to us.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please email us to care@ancientwisdom.biz

Kind regards,
Urszula
Having worked in wholesale I know speed and accuracy are very important to the small indie shopkeeper. The product choice at AW (Ancient Wisdom) is great, but often OOS. You are encouraged to order little and often but 175 for free shipping isnt that 'little' and shipping times are a disgrace. If you get your order within a week you should think yourself lucky.
Hello,

Thank you for your message and your feedback - it is always appreciated.
We offer over 7k product lines on our website. The items we offer are sourced from all over the world as well as locally and also manufactured by us. With such a large and varied supply chain there is always a possibility of some items or lines being unavailable for longer periods of time - especially when it comes to unusual and artisan items handmade in small villages around the world. The shortages are usually caused by some issues in the supply chain and not by our choice.

As you probably read from our Director David's newsletter, he travels and makes sure the stock we get comes from reputable sources, which isn't easy and does mean longer waiting times if the suppliers do not show they are ethical.

The free delivery treshold is at £175 and the delivery charges for UK have not changed in years even though the industry minimums amongst the couriers have been going up. We are a wholesaler and therefore set up for orders that are on the larger side, however we also have a low minimum order treshold of £50 +VAT and make sure not to charge any small order fees if you order within 30 days - that's thanks to our Gold Reward scheme, which also gives you maximised discounts.

As to the dispatch times, we are currently on 2-3 business days for shipping. These do fluctuate based on the volume of orders and the updates are always published on the home page at the top right, which is on par with other suppliers within the gift trade.
If you have any further questions or comments, please do contact us on care@ancientwisdom.biz, by phone or our online chat and we will be happy to assist.

Urszula
Generally excited to receive my order but was disappointed to find broken item is have sent pictures though email but have not of yet received any reply
Hi there,

We do apologise for this however we can't track your account down under your email.

Would you be able to please email to care@ancientwisdom.biz with account number or order number so we can fix this for you?

I am very sorry once again.

Kind Regards
Tomas
As a new retailer I was more than happy to find AW as they have things to sell that I could not find with other suppliers. So far I have made two orders and neither one has been great really. The first order I made appeared all to be well protected as all items were bubble wrapped, so I was surprised to find two items smashed. The reason this bothered me is that it seems clear to me that they were damaged before being packed and sent as there was absolutely no damage to the box and no signs of heavy handling, also all the other fragile items in the order were intact with not so much as a scratch on them. I emailed the customer service team with photos of the damaged products and was sent a replacement, since I was happy with how the issue was dealt with I decided to go ahead and make a second order. My second order came and I check all the items over only to find one has not been sent. I checked the sheet they sent with the order details and the item was on the list marked as being picked and dispatched with the order. I decided to phone straight away this time and was told it would be sent out to me some time this week. Though I appreciate the fast response to the problems, my experiences have left me thinking I should not use AW as a supplier again as the staff responsible for picking and packing seem to be particularly careless and I see no excuse for it really as I used to be a picker for a large scale busy retailer and we and our management always made sure that items sent were of top quality with no damage and that none were missing items. It is a shame to me as I like so many of the products and they were just what I was looking for but two orders in as a new customer and both having problems, one even costing me time and money since it was an important item, just does not leave a very good impression at all.
Dear D Johnson,

Thank you very much for your message and for taking the time to leave us feedback - we do appreciate it.

I am familiar with the damaged items from your 1st order - they are quite fragile and do not travel well, however if they were damaged before shipping our pickers and packers should have spotted that.
With regards to the missing item - it is the same - the warehouse team should have checked this.

I have spoken with our warehouse manager and these issues have been addressed.
Thank you also for the positive feedback in terms of the post-sale services. We do try our best on all fronts and we will continue to improve our dispatch department as per your insights.

I have also emailed you directly regarding this.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance at some point.

customer service was quick
I mainly buy crystal blocks from you, Lately your stock of these are very poor and I struggle
to put an order together. I am at this time trying to find another suplier for the blocks.

Regards Sandy
(Sandys Stall) - Posted 2 years ago
I like the keen prices delivery times mostly acceptable goods not always as ordered but a quick phone call puts it right customer service very good, gift bags very good could do with a few different colours, on the whole I think your doing OK guys
(Soap Essence) - Posted 2 years ago
love the stock and prices.
(Enigma) - Posted 2 years ago
I am so frustrated with AW at the moment. I have been a customer for over 15 years, so long that I remember the original split and Davids old partner forming RH. I have watched the company go from a supplier of mainly home fragrance products to the multidimensional wholesaler they are today, adding in additional lines that customers like ourselves suggested they should look at stocking, like the Tibetan goods, crystals and other items found in the stoneware department, packaging and much more. It felt like 'a Family' where we communicated and our businesses grew together. However, over the last year or two things seem to have changed. It's now almost impossible to keep your Gold reward going as there are so many items out of stock for months on end, and when they do finally arrive they are gone again within a day or two (salt lamps!!!), Items missing from orders repeatedly (so much so that I don't think I have received a single order in the last year where they wasn't a problem - Tingshas!!!) and finally, long waits for orders to arrive.
Don't get me wrong, I love Ancient Wisdom and admire what David has achieved, but as a customer I am having to source other suppliers as I simply can't rely on AW to provide what I want, when I want it, which is a real shame. Maybe it time to for AW to focus on keeping it's old customers by resolving these issues so I can, once again, order with confidence.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you are feeling disappointed with Ancient Wisdom at the moment.
We appreciate that the issues you have been encountering are frustrating and we are doing what is in our power to resolve this.

Salt lamps, as well as other stone related items are difficult to source.

David addressed this in his newsletter from the 12th of January. Here is an excerpt:

'One major task on my list is to secure another Salt Lamp supplier or even two. You might have noticed we are out of stock more often than in stock. A container comes and sells usually within a few days.
Heads up... A container just came guys.

They come from the salt lands of Pakistan, part of the Himalayan mountain range. A genuine Ancient Wisdom product as the first records of salt being mined in this area was in the time of Alexandra the Great. The salt is as pure and clean and ancient a product as you can find on earth, and has many uses - not least beautiful salt lamps. The problem is threefold.. 1. securing adequate, timely supplies 2. from a reputable ethical company (not just a middleman/marketing co) 3. being secure that our order will actually arrive.
How to do this? Well the answer is to meet the boss of the company, do independent background checks and build a good working relationship. Ideally visit the factory or HQ of the business and see for sure how workers are treated.
There are thousands of Himalayan Salt companies in Pakistan, mostly middleman traders buying what stock they can get, a few big organised companies and the family business we like to deal with is actually quite hard to find. Even when you find the right company, infrastructure and supply lines are so poor in that part of the world, that with the best will in the world they cannot meet our orders, we have standing orders of a container a month with two factories, the reality is a very intermittent supply. So hence we need more suppliers.
So that ten day window might be spent on this project. Do come for the ride..'

The same processes will apply to gemstones, tibetan artefacts and other misticall items sourced from those parts of the world.

With regards to the dispatch delays, we are still working on catching up after our annual Christmas break. Usually we were back on track within a week or so, however this year the amalgamation of larger than usual amount of orders during the break, several large deliveries and further large amount of orders after the break kept pushing us back.
We have been working extra shifts since before the break and have also hired extra staff to clear the backlog.

At present it has reduced by quite a bit so we are hoping to be back on track next week.

I am sorry about the missing items in your previous orders. I have spoken with our warehouse manager regarding this and asked for additional training especially for our new staff.

At this stage I would like to apologize again that you are feeling disappointed with our company, but I do hope that you will revisit the idea of us as your supplier and give us a go again in the future.

Should there be anything else I can assist you with, please do let me know.

Urszula
Great range of products that are difficult to find elsewhere and great multi-buy deals. Sadly delivery charges on dropship products are really high especially the weight to cost ratio being so tight that 4 bath bombs costs almost £6 including VAT just to post them where the products themselves would only come to around £5.40 including VAT. The wholesale site with the "low order charge" is something I've not seen before especially when again, shipping is £9 including VAT. Please make more products available for dropshipping and work on better shipping prices as I've gone elsewhere on occasion due to this.
(Sole Trader) - Posted 2 years ago
Dear William,

Thank you for your feedback and custom.
We make as many products available on the Drop Shipping site as we can with an aim of at least one new product line each week. At the current time we have over 3400 active products listed. Unfortunately not all items we stock are suitable for the Drop Shipping website. This can be due to stock continuity issues, or more frequently that as a wholesaler, we sell a large number of items in bulk or in assorted designs.
In the case of bulk items, they will come packed in their sales units from our suppliers. We unfortunately do not have the warehouse space available to split these packs for sale.
I do hope this helps explain the disparity in the number of items sold on the Wholesale and Drop Shipping site.

Regarding postage costs we always try to keep these as low as we can and negotiate with the providers of our postal and courier services each year to keep costs at a minimum. In the past 2 years we have managed to avoid any prices rises on our domestic parcels despite Royal Mail putting up the prices twice in that time.
The cheapest price for a Royal Mail small parcel is £2.82 when purchased online rising to £2.90 at the post office, whereas we have kept our postage to £2.87 (inc vat) including the cost of the packaging.
Unfortunately regardless of weight Royal Mail class every item over 25mm in thickness as a small parcel. Our postal provider (UK Mail, formerly Whistl) charge us more than our couriers do for items over 1kg (or over the small parcel threshold).
The courier service also offers a more secure tracked service. At all times we do not profit on the postage we charge, we only pass on the cost as it is to ourselves as we are aware that postage is the biggest restriction on online sales.
We are also honest with our postal charges, whereas less scrupulous companies may offer a lower shipping rate, whilst at the same time charging more for the product. Our delivery aim is for our shipping cost to be the same (or as close as possible) to the cost a customer would pay if they purchased the item themselves and were then to ship it to their customer themselves on a comparable shipping service.
Once again thank you for your considered feedback on our service.
Nice quality products and good prices, but alot of the time many of the best sellers arer always out of stock.
I've had to stop using Ancient Wisdom as unfortunately standards have slipped a little. I hope it changes so I can come back. No staff issues but more to do with items been discontinued without knowing and the only way to know is to check manually using the data sheets, very time consuming check each item product code. Also items going out of stock again having to manually check not ideal when I was listing hundreds of items. There were occasions of items showing in stock but actually they are not and this never happened before. Some form of newsletter or daily emails would be a great improvement on what is new and what is out and what is discontinued because we can't dropship if there is no easy way to know what you actually have in stock to dropship especially for ebay sellers where CSV files mean nothing.
Dear Jack,

Thank you for your feedback - it has been passed to our drop shipping department.
I am afraid that the fastest way for providing updates is via the data feeds as this way the whole feed can be updated at once. If we were to email each time there are stock changes we would probably spam your inbox in a very short time.
We are constantly working on better stock control solutions to minimise the out of stocks.
I believe that some of our customers that do sell on eBay also use the data feeds. I would recommend checking in the seller's help centre and the eBay forums. If you have any further questions, please do contact the department directly on dropshipping@ancientwisdom.biz

Urszula
Great products, however every order I have had with AW there is something wrong with the pictures I order, Today's order for example had 2 pictures with broken glass - yet again! It's either a warehouse problem OR cheap couriers that is causing the problem!

We may have to look elsewhere for a Art Loft supplier! (Customer 257230).
Hello,

Thank you for your message and your feedback - we do appreciate it.

Please let me know which item codes were damaged and also email us a photo. I can see one in the review however it is very small and I cannot access it to enlarge - many apologies for this.

Once received, we will refund or credit for the damage so please let me know your preference here.

I have passed your comments to our packing team as well as the courier management and this will be addresses.

Once more many apologies for the inconvenience.

Urszula
Can someone please contact me about my order. I have emailed but had no reply.
Nice products
I have been using AW for 3 years I was very pleased to start with but now finding more and more products out of stock. Some of the gem stones have now been out of stock for months, I don't want to find a new supplier as AW stones are so good but unfortunately I don't seem to have a choice. I was also very disappointed with the help I didn't receive from customer service with a problem on a recent order.
To sum up my feelings, AW has great products with great prices when you can get hold of what you need but I do feel things have gone down hill since I started using them.
I reviewed the catalogues and found a lot of things I wanted were out of stock. I ordered alternatives, and still 2 items I ordered were not available, I think I also received a replacement alternative which is not what I wanted. I received an immediate refund and when I queried a few things the reasons were explained. I am not sure I accept that stone items may be unavailable for inordinate amounts of time due to unreliable suppliers. Change your suppliers then? You are one of the only wholesalers of this type of product at these prices. The items I did receive were good quality, especially the crystal pyramids which are stunning. The colours of the pendulums are not so good as the photos, I expect this is in some way due to stone variables but for example the yellow quartz is just not yellow, rather disappointing. The freebies are a nice idea thanks but unusable.
I am happy with my purchases, but PLEASE NO MORE EMAILS - I WILL CONTACT YOU WHEN I NEED MORE STOCK.
I HAVE NOW HAD A SCAM FOR ANCIENT WISDOM!!!
(Marmalade By Annee) - Posted 3 years ago
exceptionally happy with my delivery and goods xxxx
(Annie's Mythical Emporium) - Posted 3 years ago
I'm sorry to say my first order the box wasn't packed very well
And secondly I was sent some One item wrong