International Dance Supplies Reviews

of reviewers recommend International Dance Supplies
Read International Dance Supplies Reviews

About International Dance Supplies:

IDS is Europe's largest wholesale dancewear supplier servicing dance teachers and dance shops with quality dancewear.

customerservices@ids.co.uk

Harlequin House
Forde Court
Forde Road
Newton Abbot
TQ12 4BT, ,

Hi, I find the very brief opening hours very frustrating. Also my last 2 orders have resulted in wrong items being sent and I find it tedious having to visit post office to return. Rather a lot of unavailable stock too.
In April we temporarily reduced our phone lines opening hours to 9am-12noon, and a week ago we extended them to 1pm for all UK lines. The team are still responding to emails and queries outside of the reduced hours. Traditionally our phone lines are quiet during the afternoons when classes may be underway and we will be reverting back to our standard hours as soon as possible.
IDS was brilliant before, now everything is out of stock all of the time? I am considering changing supplier
Please can you tell me what you need and I will check with the buying department about delivery dates. Please email customerservices@ids.co.uk. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays.
The time between placing an order and dispatch has increased a lot. I appreciate the added restrictions with Covid but previously orders were sometimes dispatched the same day and now it takes at least 2 days.
I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers.
The service has gone hugely downhill since being taken over. I stubble with items being in stock and generally feel the service has lacked for a year or so now.
The dispatch service could improve greatly. It would also be very helpful if for such a large company selling dance wear, that the staff know about the costumes and sizing. ( well as much as possible). I understand that they have other things to do. Other than the above, costumes are lovely.
Thank you for your review. One of our team leaders just reached out to you as we always strive to improve our service. Our current lead time between order placement and dispatch is up to 3 working days which is also advertised on the website and I can see that your 2 most recent orders were within this timeframe. With regards to product knowledge, we always provide new starters with product training however with sizes varying so much from brand to brand it can occasionally be difficult to provide concrete advice. We do however understand that product knowledge overall needs to be improved as working from home has unfortunately removed the opportunity to access the stock on a regular basis.
Not very happy with the delivery options to be honest. I place an order on the 08/12/2020 for an exam on the 14/12/2020. Paid £9.95 for express delivery, and messaged on IDS chat live to follow up on my order... Order arrived on the 15/12/2020! Had to spend another £7.50 to send my order back tracked delivery! Very disappointing to find after reading the small print that my account gets credited, rather than a refund! And I’m down a total of £17.45 in delivery charges for an item that costs £29.
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that the parcel was delayed and I can see that you have already been in touch with our customer service team who have requested a postage refund for you. We can certainly refund the item for you as it is being returned within our usual returns policy and I have left a note on the account regarding this. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Delivery is shocking; we used to get things the next day without fail, and the latest order took a week. It makes you look at other stores who can deliver quickly. And ids never apologise or do anything about it! It’s getting worse and worse, please go back to the old system it was 100% better.
We would love to go back to the old system but unfortunately we are unable to do so at the present time. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limiting the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. There is a note on the website to advise that you should expect delays of up to 3 working days until your order is sent. We are doing our best to get orders out as soon as possible but the restrictions mean that we are not as quick as we used to be.
I have used the ids for many years, but unfortunately the past year I have the service slow and a lot of orders received incorrect. I don’t know if there was a change of staff or what happened.
Dear Sandra I am sorry you feel this way. Due to the lack of performances and after a prolonged absence of classes, we are seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing . This is channelling most of the fulfilment activity into just one of our three warehouses. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We also extended our returns criteria to enable teachers to return stock they bought for shows that are no longer taking place, which many teachers have taken advantage of. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Website server delay is still SHOCKING and has been for far too long. The items I wanted weren’t actually in stock so had to buy more expensive equivalents which is great for you but not so good for me. It’s a shame IDS as you are being badmouthed all over the dance groups on social media and people are swift to recommend other suppliers. Get your act together before it’s too late!
Thank you for your review. We had an update on our website which caused a few issues but the IT team are aware of it and have been working hard to correct it. We are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Very rare that IDS have all items ordered in stock. Also, I have had to pay postage for back orders (which is not fair). I have just moved to an alternative provider.
I am sorry we have let you down. Following a conversation with you I can confirm that I will be looking into the points you have raised.
Usually I rave about IDS and have always had great service, however this month I have had to wait ages (way more than the 2-4 working days I pay for) to receive my items and SO many jazz shows are out of stock that I can’t supply my students for weeks and have had to look elsewhere. Very disappointing!
Dear Hayley I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers.Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and understandably fewer costume orders. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Items are never in stock anymore, delivery takes forever. You used to be fabulous, I hope that things get better soon!
Dear Emma, Thank you for your review and the acknowledgement that we "used to be fabulous". I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
did a large order on monday morning , paid for it all, took 5 days to be picked by which time a lot of my order had gone out of stock , took over a week to receive my order. still waiting for over £500 worth of goods
Dear Gillian. Thank you for your review. I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and understandably fewer costume orders. This is channelling most of the fulfilment activity into just one of our three warehouses. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Delivery time was much longer than anticipated
Thank you for your review. I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
We paid £9.95 for express delivery and recieved the order a full week later I understand with COVID:19 that delivery may be longer than normal but this was poor service.
Thank you for your review. I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and understandably fewer costume orders. This is channelling most of the fulfilment activity into just one of our three warehouses. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
I understand you are social distancing/covid (we are after all living in unprecedented times) but 5 days to get an order is just toooo long. Your competitors are providing a much better service. Stores are managing to replenish and send out orders/shelves with masks etc... so I don't understand what is different about your company. Think outside the box- have you workers around the clock to get the orders out with less people on site. As a wholesaler- it is a shoddy service 5 days waiting for stock! I'm so frustrated that my leoskirt I use is manufactured by you- as I have taken all my other business elsewhere to get a faster turnaround (shoes etc). I appreciate your staff safety- I keep my staff safe too- but we're all trying to run a business here and we need stock next day! It's a shame.
Thank you for your review. I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and understandably fewer costume orders. This is channelling most of the fulfilment activity into just one of our three warehouses. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
I am a customer for about 10 years. I was very disappointed as I have called numerous times and left my phone as indicated by the machine, but nor reply! Then, I decided to order on line. Unfortunately again there was a delay and No one to reach to complain. Have in mind that the last order was for 1.537,38 Euros!!!! Also they sent me 3 WRONG items which I haven't tried to return since I feel there is No person to talk to and complain to. I am seriously thinking of stop buying from IDS.
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have received incorrect items. I have checked but could not find any voicemails from your number. You have sent us an e-mail to advise of the incorrect items to which we responded and your refund was issued promptly. If you do need to contact us in future please call us during opening hours which are 8am - 5.15pm GMT or alternatively you can e-mail us. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
International Dance Supplies is rated 4.22 based on 198 reviews