International Dance Supplies Reviews

of reviewers recommend International Dance Supplies
Read International Dance Supplies Reviews

About International Dance Supplies:

IDS is Europe's largest wholesale dancewear supplier servicing dance teachers and dance shops with quality dancewear.

customerservices@ids.co.uk

Harlequin House
Forde Court
Forde Road
Newton Abbot
TQ12 4BT

Always been very reliable and very helpful

Richmond Ballet School
International Dance Supplies 5 star review on 23rd October 2020 International Dance Supplies 5 star review on 23rd October 2020
Thank you for the wonderful review. I love the photos. I will pass these on to everyone here.
Some items are out of stock for a long time. The company used to be more reliable and quicker.
Excellent service and fast delivery.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It is really nice to hear positive comments and I will pass them on to everyone here.
Great service and value for money
Thank you for your review. It is good to hear that you are happy with our service as we always do our best to look after our customers.
I am very happy with the website order experience! I would prefer though to have an option to receive an email for out of stock products.
Thank you for the review. I will pass your comments on to the web team.
Ballet shoes were supposed to have pre#sewn elastics which were not presewn, I had to sew myself!
I am sorry that the description on the website was misleading. The elastics are attached to the shoe but only by one end and the idea is that the customer can then attach the other end to fit the dancer's foot perfectly. I have asked the team to make this clear in the description so that in future there is no confusion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as comments can then be acted on for the benefit of everybody.
Over the last 6 weeks, nothing I have ordered is in stock. This isn’t great service at the beginning of a new term!
IDS are great however at keeping me informed when the stock will finally arrive.
After a prolonged absence of classes, we are seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion. I am pleased however that you are happy with our efforts to keep you informed of the stock situation.
Fast and reliable delivery. Orders well received in excellent condition.
Thank you for the review. We are so pleased that you are happy with the quality of your goods and the speed of the delivery. We always try to give the best value for money and pride ourselves on the quality of our products.
Schnelle Lieferung! Tolle Ware!
Vielen Dank für die wundervolle Rezension. Es ist wirklich schön, positive Kommentare zu lesen, und ich werde dies gerne an das gesamte Team weiterleiten.
The customer services at IDS is great. The 3 stars are due to not being able to find things on the website and being sent the wrong item. When I phone they are always really helpful.
Thank you for the review. It is really nice to hear positive comments and I will pass your comments on to everyone here. The IT team are working hard to make sure the website is easier to navigate.
Website server delay is still SHOCKING and has been for far too long. The items I wanted weren’t actually in stock so had to buy more expensive equivalents which is great for you but not so good for me.

It’s a shame IDS as you are being badmouthed all over the dance groups on social media and people are swift to recommend other suppliers. Get your act together before it’s too late!
Thank you for your review. We had an update on our website which caused a few issues but the IT team are aware of it and have been working hard to correct it. We are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Very rare that IDS have all items ordered in stock. Also, I have had to pay postage for back orders (which is not fair). I have just moved to an alternative provider.
I am sorry we have let you down. Following a conversation with you I can confirm that I will be looking into the points you have raised.
Very easy process from ordering through to delivery. Thank you.
Thank you for the 5 stars I will pass your comments on to everyone here.
very easy and qick service. the costumes are of a good quality.
Thank you for the review. It is always good to hear positive responses.
I would usually say excellent but you are very low on the stock I want.
We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. We are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and we are impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
I love shopping with IDS and the customer service is outstanding.

I’ve been getting rather disheartened lately with the amount of out of stock and the time it takes for deliveries to get to me. I totally understand though as Covid is having an effect on everything. Just hope things get back to normal for us all soon!
Thank you for the 4 stars. After a prolonged absence of classes, we are seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any of our other competitors, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. Due to the current circumstances we are operating social distancing measures in our warehouse, but we are now endeavouring to keep to 3 working days between order placement and despatch of the order.
Service was quick but the website information was wrong resulting in ordering the wrong size. IDS refused to refund the cost of postage to exchange for the correct size.
I am looking into this for you and will respond fully when I have heard from Customer Services.
Good selection of products
Usually prompt delivery
Thank you for your review. It is good to hear your order arrived promptly and that you like our selection of products.
Costume arrived had hole in spoke to them new one sent out straight away great service
I find the prices very good and selection also though low stock in ballet shoes is often a problem, I find the website too slow and unorganised particularly in terms of ballet shoe sizes. As a dance school I have nowhere to stock multiple pairs of shoes and can’t afford to place huge orders so some guidance with regards to what a UK size is in Sansha, Capezio etc would be helpful. I also find customer reps are often not very polite.
I am sorry but we have had a few issues with an update we applied to the website but this should now be fixed. Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. As far as the sizing of the ballet shoes is concerned I am afraid that the different manufacturers use different sizing structures and we do our best to give guidance on the size charts on the website. We pride ourselves on the excellent customer service we give so I will pass your comments on.
International Dance Supplies is rated 4.13 based on 92 reviews