International Dance Supplies Reviews

of reviewers recommend International Dance Supplies
Read International Dance Supplies Reviews

About International Dance Supplies:

IDS is Europe's largest wholesale dancewear supplier servicing dance teachers and dance shops with quality dancewear.

customerservices@ids.co.uk

Harlequin House
Forde Court
Forde Road
Newton Abbot
TQ12 4BT, ,

Far too long for delivery
While we cannot guarantee next day delivery I can see that your order placed on the 4th was despatched on the 6th and since the restrictions placed on our warehouse by the pandemic we have been advising on the website that it could take up to 3 working days to despatch your order. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Delivery/turnaround time poor.
As it states on our website "expect delays of up to 3 working days until your order is sent due to limited staff, to adhere to social distancing rules." As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. In fact your order was placed on the 13th and delivered on the 16th, which is quicker than stated.
Delivery time is disappointing, and a lot of items out of stock. Quality is good when you receive items
Your website needs attention it’s very slow, Roch valley ruched front leotard showed incorrect picture. Remove either the ‘add to basket’ or ‘add to order’ option it’s very confusing & sometimes duplicates items orders. Price wise - very competitive just dislike your website ordering process it’s too slow & very stressful at times. Dance teachers don’t have spare time to keep checking basket contents are correct
Thank you for your review. I have passed this onto our IT department who are working hard to make improvements to the website and we want to ensure a smooth order process.
There seems to be allot of out of stock items which have been a fail safe order for my school for many years. Frustrated to opt for second best for allot of items. p60 plume leotard isn’t available to purchase at all now which is our uniform.
I have emailed you privately about the Plume Leotard
Thank you for your review. We have been discontinuing our Plume range over the past year as we stock various similar 1st Position products. The perfect alternative for this skirt is our 1st Position Wrapover Chiffon Skirt: https://www.ids.co.uk/866-1st-position-wrapover-chiffon-skirt
The orders are very slow to arrive at the moment
I am sorry you feel the service is slow at the moment but there is a note on the website to advise that you should expect delays of up to 3 working days until your order is sent due to limited staff, to adhere to social distancing rules. You ordered on the Thursday and due to the weekend in between, your order was despatched on the Monday on a 48 hour tracked service. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Items seem quite expensive compared to other companies at times. And no option for next day delivery. However a.good range of items available.
Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you are happy with the range of our goods. We always try to give the best value for money and offer an extensive range of budget through to premium goods. I will raise the matter of next day delivery with the team but you can always upgrade by calling us.
Some of the costumes I have received this year were causing an irriration - straps or the tull on the inside.I would also like to see more options for colour choice in Ballet costume for adult. Glitter glued onto costumes just falls off so I would perfer to see another option used. Sizes in some costumes were inconsistent causing me to reorder extra sizes.
Thank you for the product review I will pass this on to the buying team. Manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size, but appreciate that it can take a few goes to get the right size. It is always helpful to get your feedback so we can take this into account going forward.
Some items are out of stock for a long time. The company used to be more reliable and quicker.
Ballet shoes were supposed to have pre#sewn elastics which were not presewn, I had to sew myself!
I am sorry that the description on the website was misleading. The elastics are attached to the shoe but only by one end and the idea is that the customer can then attach the other end to fit the dancer's foot perfectly. I have asked the team to make this clear in the description so that in future there is no confusion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as comments can then be acted on for the benefit of everybody.
Over the last 6 weeks, nothing I have ordered is in stock. This isn’t great service at the beginning of a new term! IDS are great however at keeping me informed when the stock will finally arrive.
After a prolonged absence of classes, we are seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock, sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion. I am pleased however that you are happy with our efforts to keep you informed of the stock situation.
The customer services at IDS is great. The 3 stars are due to not being able to find things on the website and being sent the wrong item. When I phone they are always really helpful.
Thank you for the review. It is really nice to hear positive comments and I will pass your comments on to everyone here. The IT team are working hard to make sure the website is easier to navigate.
Service was quick but the website information was wrong resulting in ordering the wrong size. IDS refused to refund the cost of postage to exchange for the correct size.
I am looking into this for you and will respond fully when I have heard from Customer Services.
I find the prices very good and selection also though low stock in ballet shoes is often a problem, I find the website too slow and unorganised particularly in terms of ballet shoe sizes. As a dance school I have nowhere to stock multiple pairs of shoes and can’t afford to place huge orders so some guidance with regards to what a UK size is in Sansha, Capezio etc would be helpful. I also find customer reps are often not very polite.
I am sorry but we have had a few issues with an update we applied to the website but this should now be fixed. Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. As far as the sizing of the ballet shoes is concerned I am afraid that the different manufacturers use different sizing structures and we do our best to give guidance on the size charts on the website. We pride ourselves on the excellent customer service we give so I will pass your comments on.
I have been a customer of IDS for nearly 20 years so I have been accustomed to the efficient and speedy service. Not happening now.......it took 9 days for my order to arrive and 8 days for my colleague. If you do not get a bit more organised, you will lose us sadly. How come, after nearly 6 months to get stock up to date for dance schools to begin operating again, you are out of stock of so many most needed items??? Not impressed IDS.
Dear Jane I have looked into this for you and the order you placed on the 13th September was despatched by us on the 16th September via Fedex. I checked on their tracking service and saw that they delivered it on the 22nd September and according to their website this was because there was no-one to sign for the parcel on the 17th, 18th 19th and 21st. I am sorry that your parcel was delayed, we are trying to reduce the length of time it takes to despatch but we are currently extremely busy.
Delivery could be quicker.
Thank you for your review. I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters and have already implemented additional shifts.
Unfortunately I don’t feel we are receiving as high a level of service as we have done previously. Orders used to arrive much quicker and there weren’t as many items put on back order.
Thank you for your review. I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are also seeing higher than normal levels of Dancewear purchasing and understandably fewer costume orders. This is channelling most of the fulfilment activity into just one of our three warehouses. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Products are great but there’s never enough stock or it takes ages to get here
A huge lacking in sizes being in stock and have had to use other sites to get things as IDS have had hardly anything in stock
Thank you for your review. Whilst we hold over double the inventory of any other competitor, that doesn’t always mean we ourselves aren’t impacted occasionally by our own suppliers during this time. Whilst we always hope to despatch everything from stock sometimes there can be delays. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Slow in delivery and exceptionally slow on refunds
Thank you for your review. I understand that the current delay in shipping is hugely inconvenient for you and your customers, for which we apologise. We are working as fast as we possibly can to rectify matters. We have extended our warehouse opening hours, added in additional shifts and brought in more staff to supplement our own operations team - who are all back from furlough. As you can imagine we have had to implement various new measures such as one-way systems meaning orders cannot be picked as quickly as they could have done in the past, screens on the packing stations resulting in fewer stations, limited the amount of handling of each order, and many other measures to ensure the safety of colleagues and customers. We have had a significant number of teachers set-up My Dancestores during the Summer to allow them to have items delivered directly to the parents and students without interaction and contact. This has meant we are shipping unprecedented numbers of smaller orders on behalf of Teachers. However, we continue to endeavour to prioritise all our wholesale customers. Due to the lack of performances and recitals, and also after a prolonged absence of classes, we are also seeing higher than normal levels of returns as we have extended our returns policy to assist all our customers how have had performances cancelled which is causing a delay in the processing time for returns and refunds. We value the feedback and are working tirelessly to improve the situation. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
International Dance Supplies is rated 4.22 based on 198 reviews