Webuybooks Reviews

of reviewers recommend Webuybooks

Tell us how Webuybooks made you happy
The Process is very good. I am disappointed that many of my Books are not required?. The value on some is also very low/?
Hello William,

Thank you for leaving a review. There are a number of factors that affect whether we can purchase an item, it is mainly due to the demand for the item in the marketplace and how many copies are readily available at the time of scanning. It can change on a daily basis, if you are not in a rush to sell your items, it is always worth scanning them at a later date. Thanks again for your feedback.

WeBuyBooks
Took a long time to process and no communication
Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear the process took longer than usual, packages usually arrive to us within 5 working days but sometimes it can be a little longer. It is not often there are delays, we hope to carry on trading with you in the future and this issue should not arise again.

Kindest Regards

WeBuyBooks
Only given 3 stars as booked courier to collect and they didn’t. I tried to find out why and got no response from courier company and Webuybooks said they would investigate and get back to me and no-one did. I ended up taking to my local drop off point, not easy as box quite heavy; hence reason for requesting courier collection. This is the second time this has happened to me. Suggest changing courier company as rest of service great and very timely.
Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are very sorry to hear of your recent experience with WeBuyBooks. We take matters like this very seriously as we want our customers to have a quick and easy sale with us. I can see our customer services team escalated this with Hermes to try and get the issue resolved for you, we are always looking to improve our service and take all comments onboard.

WeBuyBooks
Fast payment if you ever get an offer when scanning books. Many books we scanned just got a big Red Cross in the middle of the screen very frustrating especially when all that scanning eats your phone battery!!
Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you received your payment fast, we want the service to be as quick and easy as possible for our customers. There are a number of factors that affect whether we can purchase an item, it is mainly due to the demand for the item in the marketplace and how many copies are readily available at the time of scanning. It can change on a daily basis, if you are not in a rush to sell your items, it is always worth scanning them at a later date.

WeBuyBooks
Very mean with their offers but super easy to do, very quick turnaround from posting off to being paid but maybe I would try a second hand book store or AR boot sale next time,
Books arrived sealed and perfectly packaged, which I absolutely loved. However, the delivery time needs a lot of improving.
Courier collection from your door and most books accepted just a waste time paper and ink printing labels. Zit bit you just have to write the order on the box and the courier gives you an hour when he will collect them.
Hello Diane,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you were happy with the service, we are happy to print and post labels to you in the future, we do this for a lot of our customers, as we understand not everyone has access to a printer, we can do this for collections and if you choose to try the drop off service, we send a QR code so the label can be printed in the shop. We hope this will make things a little easier for you in the future.

WeBuyBooks
At the end of the day I did get paid very quickly for the books I sent. However, I did find the website challenging. I first tried to scan the books which worked to a degree but then when I wanted to finish off the selling part on their website from my computer I got lost. I was helped when I asked for it by webchat. So I ended up manually putting in the ISBN number.
What I also found disappointing was the number of books that they rejected. I know they explained they won't accept them if they have too many of a particular book in the warehouse. But it was a lot of effort just to offload a few books. Once you click on the sell button the books you have agreed to sell disappear and I was unable to find the list of the books on their website. So if they do keep this list in your account they need to direct you to the place. If they don't they need to set that up. Because of the issues I encountered I won't use them again. But if you want to deal with them they came across as a genuiune honourable set up.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback and are always looking to improve our service. Once you have created a trade with us, you can view the items that are in the trade on our website. This isn't shown on the app as it is mainly for scanning the items, for further details of your trade, you can find these on your account on the website. We are glad to hear you received your payment quickly and that you were happy dealing with us as a company, we would hope to carry on trading with you in the future.

WeBuyBooks
The company are good but their choice of collection and delivery agent (Hermes) is their business weakness. I waited in for a collection for 6 days and in the end had to physically take the boxes to an agent. Not acceptable. Webuyanybooks were unwilling (although able) to chase Hermes when I contacted the (on the numerous occasions that hermes collections failed).
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We pride ourselves in what we do and always take onboard any feedback. We are sorry to hear there was an issue with the collection, I can see a member of our customer services team contacted Hermes about this to try and get the issue sorted. Thank you for the positive comments regarding our company, we are happy to hear you think we are a good company, in regards to the comments on Hermes, we have noted this feedback and would like to apologise again for any inconvenience caused by this situation.

WeBuyBooks
The collection have a lot problem for three days I try to contact with company
Easy process but the price offered for books is very low. Worth shopping around to achieve a better price.
In general happy with easy it all worked but the one thing is maybe you should pay abit more as £47 for over £600 of stuff but desperate times
This was the first time I had used this site. The instructions were clear and the actual sale worked very efficiently.
My only disappointment was that I was hoping to sell more academic books all relevant to today that were refused.
I scanned about 200 books , but they only accepted about 40 and some of the prices were very low , I would prefer to donate to charity in the future.
Took a week for my parcel to get there after it was collected. Reasonable service once delivery acknowledged.
Webuybooks are a very good company to sell your used books too, however, some of their prices do border on unfair, especially when the books are practically brand new. Additionally, there is not much communication between the company and the seller, so it is hard to know what stage your sale is at. However, overall it is a service that does what it says on the tin.
Out of the four companies I sent items to, this was by far the slowest to receive, check and pay for my items.
Takes too long to receive cheque payment did last time and still to receive payment for most recent transaction.
Sorry but the courier you use are not the best they left notes to say that they could not pick up when they had already picked up and e mails the same
Wbb is the 2nd best of these companies, much better than the z company who are crooks and a mile better than the m company who are disgusting thieves and even have a dedicated team who try to suppress bad reviews online. However their claim that they pay 'the most, fastest' is not correct. They are often the fastest but the other m website pays significant more. Wbb's customer service is good and the app is excellent too.
Webuybooks is rated 4.70 based on 6,346 reviews