Watling Tyres Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Watling Tyres Reviews

About Watling Tyres:

Watling Tyres is the No.1 independent tyre dealer in the South East. And how have we achieved this? By putting our customers’ needs first. That’s why we stock a massive range of tyres to suit every pocket – and every vehicle. Cars, trucks, 4×4’s, tractors, motorcycles – we are THE tyre specialists.

Some of our centre managers have been with us for over 30 years – all come with a wealth of experience and ability. Ensuring you get the best possible advice and service available.

Rest assured you will be dealing with tyre professionals.

contact@watlingtyres.co.uk

Tell us how Watling Tyres made you happy
Awful damaged my alloy wheel changing my tyre and been going on since July with the manager at the Hastings branch agreeing to get it fixed and every time he arranged it not getting in touch to do it and the head office manager still not getting back to me it’s disgusting customer service!!!
Very bad experience at Sittingbourne brunch! Firstly to say is only for customer service/reception wise because I not get to the services. We have booked for 12pm on 21/03/2020 for tracking and we been 11:40 there (20 minutes before) - we try to go to the reception but some one shouting " where are you going?"- we said to reception - for tracking. The reply was no chance today but sorry we are booked for 12? He said something for my friend but he dos not understood (the reason I am there- to translate). The man started showing me strange things with the hands- I told him that I speak English and he showing me the car park and to sit (probably in the car - in the reception was few people and probably concerned for corona virus?) OK we sit in the car, no one took our car reg. or paper? At 12 I was a bit inpatient but no one coming back to us and another two car was in the garage? We went to reception and another man said waiting for Steve I think. He come and said "What?" We are booked for 12 I said. Will be minimum of 30 minutes wait - he said. Sorry but coming from Maidstone and wait 1 hour (may more and such a rudeness ?) it is not acceptable for us especially with booking and no one care about us- it is not professional and 0 customer service. We spok another language with my friend but this is the reason I'm there- for translation. Probably he ignored us because of this! But we are customers and he should treat us Fairly. Later he said - OK I can start in 15 minutes. I said sorry - NO. I'm sure that will may not coming back to you because I 'm not English but I'm British from 12 years and I'm here already 20 years and never treated like this- is not acceptable AT ALL. This is very serious matter! He may have bad day but shouldn't do it that way!
Had some work done today on my Kia brakes the work was carried out to a high standard and promptly to the price quoted. Many thanks for your help
Took car for front shock replacement. The car came out with an ABS light on. Took car back and now this company want more money to put it right. The cat was perfect before it went it. Watling Tyres Sittingbourne are cowboys. Don't trust them at all. Customer service is disgusting. Left me with costs to my car that I should not be paying for. They were unwilling to help. They also replaced shocks knowing I had a knocking noise which they did not fix so they can't get car back in to do more work and earn more labour rates. This is a typical attitude with these types of garages. Cannot be trusted. Do not use Watling Tyres Sittingbourne.
Dear Customer, We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received from our Sittingbourne branch. As you correctly stated you booked your car in to have the shock absorbers replaced after being diagnosed by a Peugeot main dealer & this is the service we carried out for you at our branch. Whilst carrying out a road test on your vehicle, more issues were discovered by our mechanic and you were informed about these immediately. This included play on the anit-roll bar drop links which was causing the knocking sound you were hearing before you brought the car into us and wear in the wheel bearing which was causing the ABS light to come on. We advised you that you should have these issues fixed and in order to do so you would need to leave the car with us, however, you said you didn't have the time & would let us know. Kind Regards Watling Tyres
Ordered tyre on the Friday, told it would be in on Monday, phoned on the Monday, told it would in on the Wednesday. Thursday still not here.
Went to my local Watling tyre branch in Gillingham Kent , Canterbury Rd branch, to have tyres changed from one rim to another nothing complicated. I had the misfortune to get a complete idiot, apparently the manager, with a rubbish attitude deal with my request. For some strange reason he thought that one rim was wider then the other. I pointed out that the tyre on one rim which came from the rear of the car was indeed wider, as that is how things are done on 1960s american muscle cars. He then got a plastic gauge out to measure the width of the rims by putting the gauge on the tyres which of course are different widths. He came to the conclusion that one rim was half an inch wider than the other. Yes you idiot, that would happen if one tyre is wider then the other. He should have put the gauge on the rims not on the tyres. He then removed 3 balance weights to reveal, yes both rims are stamped 7x15. The idiot refused to carry out my request to swap tyres even though I had been twice before to this shop to have new tyres fitted. So why, you complete idiot, would not do as requested this time.? I am aware one rim is out of line, it would be used as a spare if it was a problem. Why did you carry out my requests on 2 separate occasions before? I left the shop minus 3 balance weights that you removed, you complete idiot.
Arrived at your Northfleet depot with a punctured front tyre.. Two vehicles were being attended to one with replacement tyres the other with I believe a tyre issue. I was kept waiting for 45 minutes. When I was eventually asked to bring my van into the workshop, the tyre fitter then dissapered to his van parked in the yard. Twenty minutes later he arrived and started to work on the punctured tyre. It was pathetic he walked up and down the workshop looking for the right trolley jack. He complained no body returned tools etc to there correct storage position. When he finally found a trolley jack he said it was the incorrect one but would use it anyway, on closer inspection he said it was the correct one after all. Having removed the wheel he found a screw had indeed caused the puncture. Having removed the tyre from the rim to repair the tyre he was called away by another fitter who was having trouble tightening a wheel on another truck. In all three tyre fitters were now looking at the issue. Having waited a further twenty minutes the Supervisor asked another fitter to take over and repair my puncture. The time taken from arrival to leaving the premises was 1 hour 45 minutes. I believe with three fitters working if the Supervisor was thinking straIght I could have been attended to earlier. My puncture repair could have been completed in much less time than the other vehicles The whole experience was poor and frustrating as I had a full days work once the tyre was repaired, of course my work load was not completed. On this experience I will refrain from using this poorly organised tyre company again.
Bad customer service at Ashford in Kent
Damaged my wheels. Made me wait an excessive time. Balanced wheel, but threw weights onto my polished motorbike rims with eyes closed. Will be going to another garage to get the balancing re done by someone with common sense Watling sucks
Appalling service today by Tony on the reception desk in Gravesend. Went to the office to book an MOT test after doing the school run. As I had my baby twins in the car, I stayed by the office door while trying to do the booking. Tony said I had to close the door and approach the desk. I said I could not as I had two babies in the car. He said, in a unfriendly tone, I could not have the door open because their heating was on. I said I would leave it. He said “ok: ok then!”. So inflexible and insensitive! He would rather I left my babies alone because he was feeling cold! What a way to lose a customer!
Went to redhill Watling the other day and was not happy with the service I got from the mangers and the way they talk to there staff in the garage not happy at all the staff in the garage are lovely just sad that there mangers have no respect from Linda
Disgusted with the service from two branches. Walked into gillingham branch to ask about fitting 4 new tyres for my car and did explain that the tyres I currently have is winter one's and wanted to fit summer tyres which I already have brand new set. Was quoted 16 pounds all inclusive per tyre including the disposal of the old one ! Told the guy that I do not need to dispose the old one as I will refit it begining of winter . Still the same price..... no difference . Phoned Rainham branch explained the same circumstances was quoted £24.10 all incluisve per tyre a difference of £8.10 from one branch to another and they are 1 mile apart. That what I call a day robbery . Shame on you .
Watling Tyres is rated 4.95 based on 2,605 reviews