Urban Cooling Reviews

of reviewers recommend Urban Cooling
Read Urban Cooling Reviews

About Urban Cooling:

At Urban Cooling, we have been installing all types of air conditioning solutions into residential, commercial, retail and leisure premises for over 20 years.

We specialise in providing air conditioning to buildings which otherwise cannot have it. With our solutions, buildings such as apartments and listed buildings can have the same standard of air conditioning as conventional systems provide, without the need for an external unit.

Operating within the M25, we undertake installations across all London postcodes.

Tell us how Urban Cooling made you happy
Urban Cooling 5 star review on 13th December 2021
Andrew G
Urban Cooling 5 star review on 14th January 2021
Hugh
Urban Cooling 5 star review on 14th January 2021
Hugh
I’m really pleased with the product and the installation. Being a gadget fan I love the Wi-Fi control and the ability to turn the unit on prior to arriving home. The unit itself is effective and the installation was a really neat (and quick) job. I’ve had the unit a year now - so far so good
Great job installing AirCon in 3 rooms and good, professional team - would recommend.
Got there in the end after fitting a malfunctioning unit first time around. Unit works as promised with a little smell that UC came round to fix promptly. Be warned, this unit will double your water bills.
Fantastic company, it was quite a large job with 6 rooms fitted and the team worked very hard to get everything set up and ready. Customer service was brilliant too and I have recommended Urban Cooling to a friend who is in the process of using them too.
Very pleased with the company. They were very patient with all the questions I had about the ac units and felt the after sales service especially was very good. We had a few issues (one user error) and they were quick to get a team out and remedy it. Have not regretted getting the installation throughout the house.
Came over and gave me a quote. Booked me in for installation using two payments two weeks later. Installation was fast as I'm in a new build so only took about 6 hours. They answered questions that arose over phone and email when I started using it.
Great system and very professional installation. It was a life saver during last summer and well worth the cost.
Urban cooling installed my air conditioning in my apartment in 4 rooms in a totally professional manner and to a very high standard. The system works very well and cools down my apartment to a comfortable temperature. My apartment was unbearable in the afternoon summer hear before I took the plunge and got the system installed!! I also found the after service to be of a high standard when there was a minor issue on one of my units after installation.
Really professional! Unit was installed quickly - and it works really well in my stuffy new build apartment!
on the whole the customer service was great, but the reason for the poor rating is because when they installed the fuse box they sent you young lads who had not fully qualified to install it with no supervision or guidance (their senior was in the car downstairs). this is not only a breach but also potentially dangerous to both the young lads and to customers. if not for this i would not have rated them so poorly as with the units themselves they have been great.
Hi, Thank you for your review. As per our discussion with you after your initial concern, we did contact our electrical subcontractor and pass on your comments. Of which it was then relayed back to you that the "young" lad you mentioned was indeed 21 years old, has been an electrical apprentice since he was 15 years old, and was actually fully qualified and registered with City & Guilds for electrical installation, so, there were no breaches of any health & safety. Although we do clearly state on our quotation that any electrical works are carried out by subcontractors, we are not able to vet our subcontractor's qualified staff by age. Even if we could I believe this would leave us open to a discrimination case. With the age discrimination aside, We are sorry you felt this overshadowed your "great" air conditioning system.
Amazing quick turnaround. Happy with the end result. I now have water cooled in all rooms across my flat.
Great service, quickly scheduled with all of our questions answered in advance. The installation process was super smooth, both of the technicians were excellent and super adaptive to work from home schedules (not drilling during meetings :)). The AC works like a treat, definitely worth the investment. Particularly liked the remote switch on feature which allows for cooling to start even if we're not yet home. It even survived the exploration of our curious cats who also loved the cooler air in the summer heat.
Urban Cooling 5 star review on 13th January 2022 Urban Cooling 5 star review on 13th January 2022 Urban Cooling 5 star review on 13th January 2022
System works great and installation was well organised and went well. We did have an issue on day one, which is only reason not five stars, which meant we had to call but they quickly came out the next day and it's working perfectly ever since! And it was just awesome during the summer!
I was very pleased with the installation and the service provided by Urban Cooling. I decided to go with Urban Cooling as felt they were more professional than a lot of the competition. Someone always picked up the phone (Lisa) and was happy to answer any questions. Had 4 units installed in a hot top floor flat.
Excellent service from the first phone call to the installation and even beyond. The engineers were friendly and helpful with any questions we had. We had a slight issue with noise but urban cooling we’re happy to come back and managed to fix the problem. 10/10!
Failed to identify showstopping issues during video assessment of my apartment. On day of installation the installer realised there was nowhere to drain the water. Offered to find a solution to resolve the issue, but when I realised I could use an alternative vendor and pay £2.5k less, I didn't give them the chance to rectify it. Now you've pestered me via email many times to leave a review. Ok you've asked for it!
Dear Matt, As per my telephone call with you, it was not that we were unable to find a suitable drain, there was a drain available, however, all access to your drains were behind very impressive tiling, to gain access would have meant smashing tiles and in the absence of spare tiles would cause problems. Yes, I agree perhaps this should have been noticed during the video survey, but out of hundreds of installations your property has been the only one that we have not been able to connect onto a drain relatively easily. With regards to the £2.5k less you paid for another supplier, you mentioned that this system is a conventional air conditioning system with an outdoor unit on the balcony of which is a bit of a risk with the freeholder. We do always advise that if you are able to have a conventional system installed then it will work out less expensive these types of systems are mass-produced. I apologise for our marketing system politely requesting a review, you should not have been on the database as your installation did not go ahead and you received a full refund, we have removed your information from our system. Kind Regards Urban Cooling
Very professional service. Mark and Ian responded and organised my installation quickly. The team doing the work on the day were similar. I let them into my flat, we discussed the details of the installation and then I left for the day. When I came back, everything was installed, boxes were taken away and the flat was cleaned (they bring their own cleaning equipment). It has worked excellently since: it is extremely quick to cool the rooms down, and the cost is not bad. Would highly recommend them.
It was a great service quick easy minimal mess and friendly staff
Great installation however there were issues post the installation which were quickly dealt with the units are fantastic and make summer much more bearable! highly recoomend
Really effective air conditioning installed in my new build flat. Would recommend them especially if you can’t have an external unit on your building.
Urban Cooling is rated 4.65 based on 60 reviews